Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ The Forgotten ❯ The Awakening ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

So the guys an alien then? Asked Beast Boy nervously.
 
His physiology is human but he must have traveled out far enough to retrieve the sword.
 
Where is the sword? Asked Cyborg. I want to see for myself how heavy it is.
 
Over there, Raven pointed to a table.
 
Cyborg placed his hands on it and tried to pull but the sword barely moved. He strained and finally lifted it then his power gave out and it fell back to the table. Dang! that's one heavy sword.
 
Beast Boy transformed into a gorilla and took the sword. He lifted it but also dropped it, this time on Cyborg's foot, completely cutting it off.
 
Good thing I have a spare, Beast Boy if that was my only leg I woulda…
 
That minute the trio heard the arrival of Robin and Starfire. They went to meet them before they saw the living room. They sped to the entrance of the tower. Starfire was cradling Silkie in her arms and Robin was holding a red picnic basket with his “R” on it
 
Raven explained everything to the two. They all went up to where he was. Raven was worried he would start threshing again so she readied herself to enter his mind this time with more care. But when they entered the man remained still. Robin examined the sword with a scanner.
 
This sword is made of metal alloys not found on earth. Its weight is impossible to determine using this scanner. Said Robin. Starfire floated over and picked up the sword with both hands. She was able to hold onto it but her strength was quickly drained and she set it back on the table.
 
This weapon is most heavy said Starfire. How is this man able to carry it on his back?
 
I don't know Star said Robin, but if he wakes up I'll be sure to ask him. Raven may I talk to you outside for a minute.
 
Sure Robin, They exited the Room leaving the other titans
 
Are you sure this was such a good Idea keeping him here? He is obviously stronger than any of us and from what you have told me he has superior mental abilities. What will we do if he turns out to be an enemy?
 
I don't know Robin, but I can't just throw him of the island. Right now he needs our help.
 
Very well Raven, I hope you know what you are doing. I'll be in my room trying to figure a way of restraining him if he becomes violent. Robin left her in the hall.
Raven returned to the limp body. One of us should always be here I case he wakes up and has questions I'll take the first watch the rest of you go relax.
 
Raven sat by the bed rereading the history of the sword trying to find anything she may have missed.
 
In a few hours Robin came in to relive Raven. Call me the minute he wakes up reminded Raven as she left to go meditate.
 
Meanwhile Cyborg and Beast Boy had gone to the living room to play their new video game. When they got there they found that the sofa had been destroyed. Cyborg set to work on the repairs to the room and Beast Boy put the game into a different console.
 
Raven was in her room meditating for half an hour when something made her feel uneasy. She decided it must have something to do with the mystery man. She stood up and walked to the infirmary. Robin was there. What are you doing back so soon Raven? Inquired Robin.
 
I think something is about to happen. Replied Raven.
 
What? Is he going to wake up is that what you felt?
 
Maybe, I don't know. Then the form stood bolt upright. Robin and Raven leapt to their feet in surprise ready for anything.
 
Ungh, where am I? Asked the man. Who am I?
 
You are in Titans Tower said Robin; you crashed into it and have been asleep for hours.
 
Oh, hello Robin, said the man
 
How do you know his name? demanded Raven, If you don't know your own.
 
I don't know I just looked at him and his name popped in to my head. I know you to Raven.
 
How does he know our names Raven?
 
It must have been when I tried to calm him. I tried to enter your mind and your subconscious retaliated. You must have been in my mind for that brief second and saw my friends in there.
 
I did what? said the swordsman. Went into your mind? How?
 
I am not sure yet. You seem to be suffering from a serious case of amnesia.
 
You mean I only remember the stuff I “saw” inside your head? and these few moments.
 
Yes, maybe this will jog your memory. She gestured towards his sword and gauntlets.
He stood up and Raven could finally see how tall he really was. He was at least half a foot taller than Cyborg. As he walked he seemed to float almost as though he were weightless to his muscles. He reached for his sword pulling it out of its scabbard and with one hand lifted it up and rotated it a few times with his wrist.
 
It feels like it was made for me, but I do not remember it. He put it back in its sheath and noticed that there were many notches on the sides as though it were a counter. He pulled on his gauntlets. They fit perfectly. He strapped the sword to his back and turned to Raven. This feels familiar but I can't remember anything about it.
 
Should we not inform the rest of the titans of this Raven? Asked Robin
 
Yes we should, Come with us.
 
They went up to the main room and found Cyborg and Beast Boy there. Beast Boy was getting frustrated by not being able to get passed level one. Cyborg had almost got a temporary floor made where he had fallen through.
 
Where is starfire? Asked Robin.
 
She said she was going to be in her room I will go bring her here. Raven said as she departed.
 
Who are you? Asked Cyborg
 
I don't remember.
 
You have anesma? Asked Beast Boy
 
That's amnesia, and yes he does replied Robin.
 
Raven reappeared soon accompanied by Starfire
 
Oh! You are awake. Tell me, who are you? What is your favorite food? Where do you come from? And will you be my friend?
 
Uh... I don't know to the first three and sure I'll be your friend.
 
Joyful! Starfire flew towards him as fast as she could and put him in a bear hug. He struggled to untangle himself from her grip. He mentioned to Raven out of the corner of his mouth I'm glad I'm her friend. Hate to see what happens to her enemies.
 
Raven grinned a little and sat down with the others on the sofa that was not damaged.
So that sword of yours can you wield it? Asked Cyborg
 
He pulled it out with ease and swung it through the air a few times. The swish it made was uncommonly loud.
 
Dude! Just how strong are you? Stressed Beast Boy
 
Huh?
 
That sword is way heavy! And you act like its nothing.
 
Oh.
 
That sword is indeed heavy and it has an interesting history behind it. Maybe hearing it will bring your memory back. She relates the details of the swords past.
 
That's amazing but I still don't remember.
 
We should all get some rest now it's almost midnight. Said Robin, Raven will you show our guest a room where he can stay tonight.
 
OK Robin, this way please.
 
They walked and Raven showed him a room it was sparsely decorated as no one lived there He entered and said. This will be fine thank you. Raven left and he shut the door