Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ The Forgotten ❯ The Naming ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

d/c I do not own the TTs or any character attributed to them.
 
 
He entered the room and put down his sword and gauntlets. The notches on the sword still bothered him. They were obviously counters of some kind and there were a lot of them. All the way down one side and then the other side had room for about five left. He undressed and got into his bed. It was comfortable and it seemed to him that it was a long time since he had felt anything this soft. Even though he has not been awake very long he was asleep in minutes.
 
That night the man roamed the halls of the tower he found the door marked “Raven” and entered. The room was dark and had many strange objects in it. He made his way towards her bed. He drew out a long wicked knife from under his clothes and held it over Raven and with an evil grin said And then there was none.
 
He woke up with a start He was bathed in sweat and was breathing rapidly. The vision he had was too real to be dismissed easily. The thought of killing the titans after all they had done for him was too much for him. He stayed awake the rest of the night thinking about the dream.
 
That day Raven woke early. She went to the main room to find that Cyborg had been up all night fixing it. I looked great and the new sofa was better than the old one. She was beginning her morning meditations when Robin came in.
 
Good your up. I was hoping to talk to you before he woke up.
 
Ok what about.
 
I want you to try meditating with him to try and get his memory back.
 
He probably doesn't know how to meditate properly but he may be able to learn. He must have done something like meditation in order to have been able to repel me yesterday.
 
I also had Cyborg change the encryption codes just as a precaution. You say he saw your memories he may know our codes.
 
Very well I will meditate until he wakes up then we will begin trying to regain his memories.
 
Several hours passed until he finally came up to the living room. Raven stopped meditating and floated over to him. I want to try and find out your memories, but for that I will need to have you remove your mental barriers.
 
How can I do that?
 
Meditate with me. He sat cross-legged on the ground and so did Raven. Find your center and relax. Repeat after me Azarath Metrion Xinthos.
 
Azarath Metrion Xinthos
 
Raven slowly this time entered the now much calmer mind of the mystery man. She still could see nothing. She was not getting pushed back this time but she could not get anywhere inside. For some reason his brain had locked off his memory. She tried a different approach. She started with his most recent memories first, coming up that day, and then meeting everyone, waking up in the infirmary. And that was as far as she could get. Everything else was blocked off.
 
She ceased her probe of his mind and stood up. He sensed her movement and stood up as well.
 
So did you see anything?
 
Nothing more than after you woke up. Everything else is black. I've never seen this kind of mental block before. It's as though your mind doesn't want me to see anything passed that.
 
To tell you the truth I'm not sure I want to remember.
 
What do you mean? asked Raven.
 
Look at my sword. There are notches all over it like a counter. There is only one thing I think I could have been counting using my sheath.
 
Raven just sat there and let the words sink in. Her thoughts about this mans past changed instantly. She could not fathom how the man sitting across from her could have been capable of that.
 
You understand now why I don't want to remember my past?
 
Yes.
 
Just then Beast Boy came in Hey what's your name. Yeah what is your name?
 
I don't remember.
 
Oh yeah we're gonna have to figure out a name for you
 
Well I can't think of any
 
How about enigma? Said Raven since your past is a mystery.
 
Ok I can live with that said the newly named enigma
 
Hey enigma you want to play my new game with me? Asked Beast Boy
 
Game? Asked Enigma
 
Yeah games are fun. You'll enjoy it.
 
Alright I'll give it a try
 
Yes! Now I'm the monkey you're the bionic chicken. Now to punch you push…