Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ The Forgotten ❯ The initiation ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

D/C I don't own the TT's
 
 
As they neared the course red lights flashed and sirens started going off. “Trouble!” yelled Robin.
 
Everyone ran off. Raven stopped and signaled for Enigma to follow. Raven and Starfire flew, Beast Boy transformed into a hawk, Robin, Cyborg and Enigma rode in the T-Car. They pulled up at an abandoned ironworks factory. They grouped up outside. “So what's going on?” asked Enigma.
 
“In this town there are many bad people who try to take money and other valuables for themselves.” Said Raven. “We are here to stop them.”
 
“Ah. So who is in there?”
 
“We're not sure although not many villains would bother at an ironworks factory.”
 
Cyborg bashed the door down Robin yelled the Titan's battle cry.” Titans, Go!”
 
They saw cinderblock smelting metal to make new body armor for himself. He was only half completed. His left leg and most of his torso were unprotected. Starfire fired bolts at him. He turned away and let his new body shield him. The bolts bounced off as though they were rubber. One bolt came back and hit robin in the arm. While robin was spinning from the blow Raven levitated the forge on top of Cinderblock. The molten ore washed over him. He toppled over and fell into a tank of water used for the cooling of heated metal. Steam rose quickly from the tank..
 
“We got him nice work team.” Said Robin, but he had spoken too soon. From the heavy mist came Cinderblock had been transformed into a metal juggernaut. The metal had fused to his body effectively finishing his armor. Water glistened over the metallic frame.
 
“Take this!” bellowed Cyborg. As he aimed his sonic cannon and fired. The blast hit the armor and fizzled until nothing was left. Beast boy transformed into a T-Rex, he rammed his head into the creature. MetalBlock was pushed backwards ten feet but there was not a scratch on him. Beast Boy however became extremely dazed and confused.
 
“A triple order of green beans and one French fry please.” He said before passing out. Even a freeze disk did little more than slow the unstoppable foe. Then all of a sudden cinderblocks armor split from his body. All the metal clanged onto the floor. Enigma was behind him. His sword had cut through the armor like a hot knife through butter. The sword had a dark blue aura around it. The aura dissipated as the titans clobbered the now exposed CinderBlock. He was quickly defeated and was put in jail.
 
“So is this normal or am I just lucky my first day?”
 
Later, at the tower:
 
“What you did to cinderblock was amazing! We couldn't even scratch him and you slice through him like nothing.”
 
“Yeah well, happy to help.”
 
“If you're not too tired, do you still want to run the obstacle course?” asked Robin
 
“Sure”
 
They made it to the course. The count down began 3…2…1… go! Lasers flew at him from all directions. He moved quickly to avoid them. His movements were jerky and unrefined. He made it through the first part and then he ran through slamming doors. He lunged through the last one barely making it. Before he could get up disks began shooting at him. He rolled over and stood up. Unsheathing his sword he blocked a disk and sent it spinning back at the launcher. He kept running and finished, with a time of two minutes and 25 seconds.
 
“Not exactly a course record but he did fine.” Said Raven.
 
“Yeah he has talent and probably had some skill before he forgot it all.” At that point Enigma had walked to the control console.
 
“How did I do?”
 
“Good for a first time. Your fast and have good reflexes but your technique needs a lot of work. I would like to go one on one with you tomorrow to get you some training.”
 
Everyone was asleep except for Enigma. He stayed up a little longer thinking about the day's events. He had stopped a monster that none of his friends could with hardly trying. He thought about his sword and how it was heavy to everyone but him. Was he truly that much stronger or was it a safety mechanism of the sword to prevent misuse. He had so many questions and so few answers.
 
It was a long time before he was tired and went to bed. As he removed his boots however he heard something loose inside it. He shook the boot and still it rattled. He examined his boot and touched a small circle on the sole of his shoe. A dagger popped out of the lacing. He recognized it immediately. It was the dagger from his dream. The one he used to kill Raven. What was he before he crashed on this island? Did he want to know? He was still asking himself these questions when he finally dropped off into a deep sleep.