Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ The Forgotten ❯ Slade ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

d/c I don't own the Teen Titans
 
He dreamed once again. This time he was in a dark room he was unfamiliar with. It was a cave. The stalagmites poking out of the ground created eerie shadows on the floor. A man was there he had a black and copper mask on that only revealed one eye. He had a form of body armor on. The man spoke to him. “Welcome, I have heard much about your exploits. You know why I have asked you here, to destroy the Teen Titans”
 
For the second time he woke with a start. Breathing heavily as though he had just run a marathon he got up. Walking to the bathroom he noticed the knife still on the floor. He picked it up. It was a long curved dagger in the shape of a flame. Its handle fitted perfectly to his grip. His hands seemed comfortable with it. He replaced the dagger in his boot and went to the bathroom to splash some water on his face. The water did little to soothe him. He left his room and walked around the tower. He found himself standing in the living room. He sat down on the sofa to think. He wondered if what had happened was an accident. What if he was sent here on purpose? He got a soda and walked back to his room to get some sleep before the next day. It was three in the morning and he had a sparring match with Robin at seven. That gave him four hours. He slept again this time without dreams.
 
He woke up at six thirty and got dressed. He left his sword in his room. He wouldn't need it in the match against Robin. Once outside he walked to the kitchen. Only Starfire and Robin were up. They were eating breakfast. Robin was having scrambled eggs and bacon while Star was eating a sugary cereal. He sat down to join them. Starfire was beaming like always. He envied the way she was able to be always optimistic. “Here friend have some of this `cereal with the milk' it is most delicious.” She poured him a bowl. It had colorful shapes and the milk began to change color. He tentatively picked up a spoon and took a scoop of the cereal and ate it. After deciding it was good he quickly finished the rest.
 
“I'll see you in the training room in five minutes.” Said Robin.
 
When Enigma entered the Room Robin was dressed in a gi. Enigma removed his cloak His shirt was loose and his sleeves went down to just past his elbows. He removed his gloves and boots and placed them on a table. “Are you ready?” Robin asked
 
“Yes”
 
They bowed and Robin made the first move. He moved so quickly Enigma hardly had time to react. He ducked just as Robin's foot spun over his head. Robin backed up and launched himself at him. Enigma jumped backwards and fell down. Robin jumped high in the air and was about to plow into Enigma with his knee. He rolled over just in time. Getting quickly to his feet he attacked Robin. Robin tried to block the attack but was pushed back by his opponent's superior strength. Regaining his footing He readied himself as Enigma attacked him again. Robin saw from the last move his opponent's weakness. He moved quickly to exploit it. He jumped up and laid a kick on his back pushing him into the wall.
 
“That was a nice move” Enigma said.
 
“I noticed you were having difficulties controlling your momentum so I added to it and pushed you off balance.” Replied Robin.
 
“I'll have to work on that.”
 
“I think that's enough for today go see Raven and work on getting your memories back.”
 
He replaced his clothing and walked out. As he left the training room only to find Raven rushing towards him.
 
“We've got trouble!”
 
“Again? What is it this time?”
 
“It's big. Come on we have to go!”
 
He ran back in to pick up his sword. They hurried to the front door. Everyone else had left leaving Enigma without transportation. Raven levitated them both across the water to the city. Moving him was too hard to keep him up all the way they had to go so he had to run. He was a fast runner and kept up with Raven all the way. They stopped outside the building. It was the same building Cinderblock was in yesterday. They were about to enter when Cyborg flew out of the roof. Raven slowed his decent and Enigma caught him. Cyborg was damaged all over with huge gashes on him.
 
“It's Slade!” He yelled and ran back in.
 
“Slade?”
 
“Just come on they need our help.”
 
They entered and Starfire was being knocked backwards by a wall of flames. A man stepped out of the shadows. Enigma recognized him as the man from the dream. He stepped back in astonishment. That was the second thing he had seen that actually existed. He had to know who this man was. He jumped at him. Slade neatly sidestepped him and fired a blast at him. He was pushed backwards by it He fell down to the floor Raven was almost completely black. Her eyes glowed as she threw every think she had at him. Beast Boy rammed Slade as an elephant. He slid backwards easily and then lashed back at him. Beast Boy turned back to his regular form and held his head.
 
“Poor Titans, can't hurt me? I expected more from all of you, and
I see you have a new friend. How nice.”
 
He flew through the ceiling Robin was already there, his bo staff out and ready.
 
“Hello Robin, haven't you learned your lesson about fire yet?” He pulled out a steel rod. Flames raced up and down it. It melted through Robin's staff like tissue paper. Defenseless Robin back stepped to figure out what to do. He was reaching for a freeze disk when enigma jumped through the whole in the roof and landed between them. Sword drawn he faced down Slade. “Well, well, well aren't we confident.”
 
He rushed at enigma. His rod glowed even brighter. In response, Enigma's sword glowed blue again. Slade rushed and swung his pole hard. To everyone's amazement the sword blocked the attack and sent an explosion of blue down Slade's weapon. Slade was thrown backwards. Only to come back, this time his staff melted into a sword. They raced towards each other the blades locked. The orange flames of Slade's weapon clashed with the blue aura of Enigma's. With a soft voice only he could hear Slade said “Good work.” and vanished in flames.
 
Enigma couldn't fathom what Slade meant. How did this all tie into the dreams he has been having? What would happen when he regained his memory?
 
His thoughts were interrupted by Beast Boy. “How did you turn your sword blue like that?”
 
“I don't know maybe it's because I was fighting and it's just what the sword does.”
 
“Cool! Now we have a secret weapon against Slade.”
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------
 
He went to his room as soon as they got back. It was still early in the morning, but he had to think about Slade and what he had said to him. It was as though Slade thought he was on his side. Could he have been working for him when he crashed into the tower? There was a knock at his door. He got up and opened it. Raven was standing outside. Her cowl was pulled away revealing her violet hair. “Yes?”
 
“Do you want to meditate again with me?”
 
“Uh… sure”
 
They left his room. Raven took him to her room. The ceiling was patched and it almost looked new. As he entered the dark room he smelled herbs and incense. The aroma was almost overpowering. He fought back the reflex to cough. As he became accustomed to the scent he found it seemed familiar and reassuring. They sat down on mats and began meditating. Raven who has been doing this a long time immediately found her center. Enigma who has not been doing it that long or at least forgot how was having more difficulties. Especially with all of his worries about whom he used to be. Raven noticed Enigma was not at peace. She came out of her trance.
 
“You are not comfortable?” She asked but it was less a question and more a statement of fact.
 
He wondered whether he should tell her about his last dream and what Slade had said to him. What if she felt afraid of him and told the others. They might kick him out. He decided not to just in case. He could always tell her later. “I was just thinking about that dream I told you about yesterday. What if I regain my memories all of a sudden and can't handle it. I don't want to hurt you.”
 
“Just try to relax. Even if you remember you won't hurt me. Stop worrying about what might be.”
 
“Alright I'll try” He relaxed and decided she was right. There was no point in dreading what might happen. He found his center. All of a sudden he was seeing a vision. He was in a torch lit room and cloaked figures were all around him murmuring to each other. He couldn't make it out.
 
He woke up in the infirmary. Everyone was there. They looked worried. “You passed out in Raven's room. She brought you up here. You have been out for two days.”
 
“Two days!”
 
Yeah man you haven't even moved in the last forty-eight hours. What happened?
 
“It was my fault.” Said Raven, everyone stared at her. “I should have spent more time working you up. I felt that although you can't remember anything I thought you could handle going faster.”
 
“It's OK Raven. It's not all your fault. I shouldn't have pushed you so hard into doing this for him.” Said Robin.
 
“Anything interesting happen while I was out?” Asked Enigma.
 
“No we foiled a bank robbery by some regular guys but that's it.”
 
“So I didn't really miss anything then?”
 
“You missed the “exciting video game competition between Cyborg and Beast Boy.” Said Raven.
 
“Who won?”
 
“I did!” said Cyborg I whooped Beast Boy's green butt.”
 
“I feel fine when do you think I can leave?”
 
“Scans check out, you're alright to leave.”
 
He got up and stretched. “All your stuff was put back in your room.”
 
“Thank you” He left the room. Raven caught up with him.
 
“I know you saw something. I can tell when someone is having a vision. What did you see?”
 
“There were a lot of cloaked men standing around me. That's all I saw.”
 
He kept walking leaving Raven standing. She knew there was something else troubling him and she was going to find out what.