Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ The Forgotten ❯ The Training ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

d/c I don't own the teen titans
 
 
Beast Boy caught up to him and said, “You owe me a rematch. Let's go!”
 
He followed after, he looked happy about it but Raven knew he was thinking about the vision and his dream. It astonished her that he was able to keep his emotions so well concealed and still play games with them. She concealed her feelings by hiding in her room. She thought about this and wondered if he interacted with them because they were is friends and playing was better than sulking and thinking about it. She had never before considered this but maybe what he was doing made sense. It allowed him a few moments to forget his troubles and it made him feel good. She wondered if she should try it.
 
Later that night:
 
In his room He kept thinking about his three visions. The one where he kills Raven with the knife he found. The dream with the masked man known as Slade, and the last one, the vision of the dark cave and the cloaked men muttering unheard voices. “What does it all mean?” he cried out in frustration. “Why can't I remember anything?” His world was only five days of experience. He had forgotten everything else and had slept through two of those five days. He was mad at himself for failing when it came to remembering, but he also knew there was a little part of him that didn't want to remember. He was scared of what he was before. He was happy here he had friends and he didn't want to jeopardize that.
 
Even though he had slept for so long he couldn't help but feel tired. He didn't want to sleep for fear of another nightmare. He got up and splashed cold water on his face and left his room. He went upstairs to the common room. It was raining hard and lightning illuminated the room at passing intervals. He sat down on the sofa and just listened to the thunder outside. It felt to him as though the thunder was his distant memories and they were trying to come back to him. But the lighting was always beating them.
 
He relaxed and tried meditating on his own. He sat there with his eyes closed for hours but still nothing came to him. He couldn't figure out how to do it. He walked back to his room thinking. Maybe the herbs in Ravens room were needed to achieve peace. He would ask her for some in the morning, but for now he should try and get some sleep.
 
He arrived at his room and went inside. The room was plain. He closed the shades to his room. He removed his sword and gauntlets and placed them next to his bed in case something happened during the night. He slipped his boots off and climbed into bed. It wasn't long before he went into a deep sleep.
 
He didn't dream that night. He woke up refreshed. Light was just creeping in from under his shades. He got up and put his boots on then his gloves. He decided against reattaching his sword. He walked out of his room only to find Raven standing right outside his door.
 
“Good morning.” He said with surprise. “Am I late for something?”
 
“No, it's just that something seems to be troubling you. I tried to talk with you yesterday but you went off and played with Beast Boy.”
“What did you want to talk about?”
 
 
“Well you were really short when I asked about that vision you had. I don't think you're telling me the whole truth.”
 
“No it's just that it is frustrating not knowing about my past”
 
“Alright, well I think Robin wants to do some more training with you.”
 
He walked down to the training room and found Robin waiting. “This time we are going to start with the basics. I have seen how you fight now and I can help you with your technique. Alright let's begin.”
 
They trained for four hours. Enigma's energy seemed limitless but Robin was beginning to tire so they called it a day. As they left Robin had a few things to say. “Good work today. I know you use a sword but I don't know much about sword-fighting so I had Cyborg make a special training program for you after lunch get your sword and meet me back here.
 
They ate lunch Starfire cooked again and Enigma's stomach seemed bottomless as he ate almost everything they had. After lunch he went to his room and retrieved his sword.
 
The training program was ready Enigma stepped inside. The program activated with a flash of light. Enigma was surrounded by twenty sword wielding robots. He tried to relax and just act on instinct. The first one advanced and swung. He dodged and swung upwards with his sword neatly severing the robots sword arm. As it fell to the ground the other robots started to close in soon there was a ring around him five deep in every direction. Acting through intuition he made a sweeping arc with his sword separating four robot heads. Soon all the other robots were similarly dealt with.
 
Exiting the room all the titans came out from an adjacent room. They had been observing his display and were thoroughly impressed. “Nice goin' man!” yelled Cyborg, “couldn't have done better. Next time I'll make it harder for ya.”
 
“Glorious! You were victorious over the mechanical men.”
 
“Could you teach me that? I've tried to get Robin here to teach me martial arts but he always says no”
 
“Maybe someday, but I am also learning”
 
They broke for dinner. Enigma was not as hungry but there were no leftovers.
 
As they were about to go to bed, Enigma pulled Raven aside. “I've been trying to meditate on my own but it's been hard do you think I could borrow some candles and incense tonight?”
 
“Um sure let me go get some I'll bring it to your room.”
 
She arrived shortly with a box of the requested items. “Are you sure you want to last time you meditated with me you were comatose for two days.”
 
“Yes I do I think that time I was trying to hard. This time I will go slower and more carefully.
 
“OK, call me if you need anything else. Goodnight.”
 
He entered his room and laid the box down and opened it. There was an assortment of candles and incense. He removed them from the box. He put the candles in a circle as Raven did and he began to meditate.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------
Sorry it took so long but here is the next chapter. Give a review.