Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ The Forgotten ❯ Time ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A few days went by. Enigma progressed rapidly fast, so fast Cyborg had to rewrite the training program to make it harder. Robin could barely get a hand on him when they sparred together. His meditations with Raven continued this time without passing out. Then one day Robin and Enigma where fighting with swords. Enigma did not use his sword as it would cut through anything Robin could get. Robin swung in an arc above Enigma dodged lightly and countered with a thrust. Robin parried it. Back flipping away Enigma lunged at Robin getting under his guard with his sword point at his throat. Robin conceded defeat. They were about to continue when the alarms began to go off.
 
“Trouble!!” yelled Raven down the hall.
 
Enigma ran to his room to get his sword again. By the time he had gotten it everyone had already left. He ran to the top of the tower and started running. As he neared the edge he leapt off the tower towards the city. He made it with about one hundred feet to spare. He saw Raven flying above and ran to catch up. He arrived at the crime scene it was mumbo doing tricks at a bank. He was already captured.
 
“Nuts. I was too late.”
 
“It's alright. How did you get here by the way?”
 
“I jumped off your roof.”
 
“You what!?” asked Beast Boy “Do you know how far that is?'
 
“Not exactly but I made it.”
 
Yeah, I guess so.”
 
As they were watching the police haul Mumbo away a sniper fired a shot at Robin. Unsheathing his sword lightning fast Enigma blocked the shot and it ricocheted back from where it was shot. The ledge the sniper was shooting from crumbled. The shooter fell four stories and hit the ground. He was up and started running with a slight limp. Enigma caught up to him in no time.
 
“Who are you?”
 
The mysterious assailant spat and Enigma conked him over the head. With the assassin in custody the police had a full wagon.