Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ The Incredible Beast ❯ Let's make a story ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

PROLOUGE
 
The Teen Titans were hanging out at the Jump-City shopping mall that day. Robin took Starfire shopping for some new things for Silkie, only…
 
“Oh, and we must get this… and Silke would adore this.” the more she grabbed off the shelves, the harder it was for Robin to carry it all. “Uh, Star…” he said to his wife, “I'm not sure we can actually afford all this.”
 
Starfire didn't seem to be paying attention as she was far too amused with all the pet toys. “Never before have I seen such whimsical items.”
 
Robin sighed.
 
 
Cyborg was in the tool section getting some new items for the T-car, and T-ship 2. “Aw, yeah…! Gotta get me some of these.” He said as he cuddled the hottest new models close to him.
 
As he paid for his things, the cashier, who was another one of the many women he was currently dating, asked him. “We still on for the movie tomorrow night…?”
 
Cyborg winked at her, and made the clicking-sound with his teeth. “Sure baby, you know it.” he said. “Man I love bein' a ladies man.”
 
 
Raven and Copy-Cat were in the book section, and they almost found themselves buying the exact same books. The smiled at each other and laughed very softly. Copy-Cat place his books back, and then agreed, “Perhaps it would be nice if we were to read the books together…?”
 
His lady-friend nodded, “It's a date.”
 
Copy-Cat pecked her on the check softly.
 
 
Meanwhile, there was a long line up near one of the change-rooms. The department manager knocked on the door. “Excuse me miss… but other people need to use that room as well.”
 
The door opened wide, and Terra came out, holding a few outfits on their hangers. “Sorry… I'm on my way out.” she said… but what nobody noticed was a small green kitten was resting on her chest, unseen by the outfits.
 
Terra winked at her husband, and Beast-Boy as the kitten giggled cheekily.
 
When one of the other customers finally entered the room they were just in. The man noticed a pain of boxers, and a bra were left behind on the bench, and smelled pretty funny. This could only mean that Terra wasn't in the room alone and she was… SHE WAS…!
 
The man began to act like he was having a stroke. Clicking and clacking as he walked out of the room like a zombie.
 
 
When the Titans all met up for lunch, still not all paid for their items. The others could tell… “You guys were making out in the change-rooms again weren't you?” Robin said with an interested look on his face.
 
Beast-Boy and Terra blushed feeling a little embarrassed. “Yo' man… just let it go…” Cyborg said. “You know how it's been for them… what Things Ch--” Starfire and Copy-Cat quickly covered his mouth. “SHH…!”
 
Too late…! He spoke enough of the magic words to make Beast-Boy and Terra go numb again. They were reminded of the time Terra tried to lie about having amnesia, and that “Things Change… the girl you want me to be is just a memory.
 
The most horrible moments in their lives and for some reason, the world would never let them forget it and move on with their married-lives.
 
“Oh…! Isn't that sad.” hissed a voice the Titans knew all too well. They all looked across at the other table near theirs. It was Slade. “What are you doing here…?” Robin snapped angrily as he stood up with his fists clenched.
 
Slade put down his newspaper. “What does it look like, Robin?” he asked rhetorically. “Beast-Boy and Terra, you two should know that you'll never be able to forget what happened.”
 
Terra and Beast-Boys' bodies were beginning to twitch and quiver in anger and sadness as more of those painful memories of “Things Change…” flashed by their eyes.
 
“Dude… I'm warning you!” Beast-Boy sneered “Don't do this…!”
 
“Why shouldn't I…?” Slade sniggered, “You know I'm right, and so are you. Things may change, but Some Things Never Change…”
 
The other Titans were starting to really get cross, but then they realized that if Beast-Boy got any angrier… “Beast-Boy…?” Raven called to him.
 
“Beast-Boy! You must control your rage!” cried Copy-Cat… but all those memories swelling up inside his head were already growing to be too much for him to bear again…
 
“I'm not running from anyone. Go… home!”
 
“Not until you agree to talk to me!”
 
 
“Maybe you don't remember, but I do… You were my friend. You're a Teen Titan.”
 
“You're wrong!”
 
“You don't belong here Terra.”
 
“Stop CALLING me that!”
 
“It's who you are.”
 
“What do you want from me?”
 
“Why can't things just go back to the way they were? You were so happy there.”
 
“Things were never the way you remember. Now just leave me alone!”
 
 
“AH…!” Beast-Boy's eyes snapped wide-open, and were glowing yellow. He grabbed his throbbing head in pain. “Aw man…!” cried Cyborg, “It's happenin' again…!”
 
“Beast-Boy…!” cried Terra. As she placed her hands on his arms trying to calm him down. “Ter…ra…!” her husband growled in a deep, heavy voice, “Get… away… from… me…!”
 
The next thing everyone knew, Beast-Boy had become the Beast-Within. He roared loudly and frightened a lot of the mall shoppers. “Beast-Boy…!” cried Robin, but the Beast-Boy had already lunged at Slade, tackling him very hard. “D-oh…!”
 
The table was crushed completely, but Slade was seemly okay. “Oh my… have I struck a nerve with you again…?” he mocked at the large monster, which only angered it all the more.
 
Beast-Boy began to throw, and bash Slade around the food-court, and he also smashed up a few more tables, and the stair-rails. “CALL SECURTIY…!” cried one of the shoppers.
 
“No wait…!” cried Robin. “Leave this to us. TITANS… GO…! Hold Beast-Boy down, but try not to hurt him. I'll go after Slade…!”
 
Slade was already trying to make a hasty retreat, but the creature… because it was driven by rage, was still going about smashing things. Mall plants… indoor lampposts… he even knocked over displays.
 
Suddenly, two star-bolts hit him from behind. “Forgive us friend…” Starfire said, “This is for your own good.”
 
The other five Titans rushed in and did whatever they could do. Cop-Cat leapt in and was able to copy the creature, and at least he had more control over his emotions. So he and Beast-Boy engaged in a sumo-fight which resulted in Beast-Boy being thrown safely out of the mall...
 
But it wasn't enough to merely tame the creature as Beast-Boy was fueled by rage which in a way doubled his strength. Copy-Cat was beaten silly, and forced to revert back to his normal shape.
 
Terra tried to contain the creature in an avalanche of boulders she made rise up from the road, but the creature broke free almost instantly. Cyborg tried to rush it, but Beast-Boy just picked him up, “Uh-oh…!” and threw him far, far down the street.
 
Finally Beast-Boy gazed at Raven, who was just standing there concentrating hard, “Azarath… Mentrione… ZINTHOS…!” Using her powers, she ensnared the Beast with lampposts, and shrouded him in an energy barrier that began to drain his strength out.
 
 
A while later… Robin returned with the bad news, “Slade got away.”
 
But he did see that Beast-Boy was back to normal again, but he was feeling ashamed. “Dude…!” he cried, “I did it again… didn't I?” he just lay where he was on the ground looking sadly up at the sky.
 
The others helped him up, “Friend… you were not entirely responsible for your actions.” Starfire said comfortingly.
 
“Yeah… Slade made you lose your temper again.” added Raven.
 
Robin assured Best-Boy that nobody was mad at him, not even the mall managers, who were more than understanding, and were warmly willing to overlook the small damages that were not severe.
 
Terra pecked her husband's cheek. “Beast-Boy… you just can't control it as well.” she said, but being careful not to remind him about “Things Change…” as that was the most unconquerable anger and shame Beast-Boy had to endure.
 
Beast-Boy felt a little better… and that's when Copy-Cat suggested, “Perhaps we should adjourn home to the tower? We have all just had very frightening experiences.”
 
“I'm with that…” Cyborg said, “I could use a ham sandwich before my date tomorrow.”
 
And with that… everyone headed for home.
 
 
The next day… it was pouring rain. The winds were howling, and the thunder crashed. There were no criminals to round up, which meant this was going to be a day spent indoors.
 
Robin decided to spend his time in the evidence-room doing his research. “Some day Slade… we'll get you once and for all.”
 
Starfire was happy playing around with Silkie in her room.
 
Cyborg was tuning up the vehicles in the hangar-bay…
 
Raven was in the lounge reading, and Copy-Cat was meditating; he was also using his Psychic-Foresight to read Raven's thoughts as she read her new books. So it was as if they were both reading just like they promised the other day.
 
But Beast-Boy… he was just moping in front of the TV as he played his video-games for the umpteenth time that day. Finally he couldn't take it anymore. “Ugh…!” he sighed softly…
 
“You are feeling rather bored are you not, Beast-Boy?” Copy-Cat asked as he came out of his meditation.
 
Beast-Boy looked up over the sofa, “Dude… how could you tell?”
 
Copy-Cat grinned, “Well, I am psychic you remember.”
 
Beast-Boy shrugged, “There's like nothing to do around here anymore.” he replied. “I mean, I've played the same games over and over again… for the first time they're actually no fun.”
 
He also remembered that Terra was asleep in her room, and his wife was a very heavy sleeper when it rained this hard.
 
“You could do something useful…” Raven said, “Like maybe help with a few chores around the place.”
 
Beast-Boy looked more bored than ever. “I'm trying to beat boredom, not make it worse.” But then he decided to go at it on his own. Sadly, as he went into his room he still hadn't a clue of what he could occupy himself with.
 
As he lay on his bed listening to the storm, his eyes feel upon the photographs on the bulletin bored on his wall. Not just pictures of him and the Titans… but pictures of the doom Patrol.
 
How he missed them, particularly Steve, and Rita, his foster parents who helped him get back to his feet since the days of his unbearable misery.
 
There were also some pictures of him and Terra at Murakami high; during the time Beast-Boy had transformed into a normal kid with an extremely high IQ, but only in that forum.
 
Finally… there was the picture of him and Terra on their wedding day. Quite easily, the first, and foremost happiest day of his life, and a complete turn around from his miserable past life.
 
He felt really lucky to have Terra, especially seeing as how she didn't mind that he could change into such a powerful monster whenever he grew so angry and stressed.
 
If it wasn't for her believing in him… if she had never come back with him after the long, and painful road of “Things Change…” he probably would not even be at the tower, but just out there somewhere… pretending to be dead until he could find a path that would lead him to happiness…
 
Suddenly… Beast-Boy snapped upright on his bed, and realized how inspirational those thoughts just were. He never thought of ever trying it before… well maybe he did when he was in school with Terra… but never in his true forum.
 
There was a long stack of blank-papers on his desk, and an old fashioned type-writer with plenty of ink that used to belong to his deceased mother. He decided… “Why not…?”
 
He shoved all the mess off the desk, put paper in the typewriter, cracked his knuckles, and began to type up an ideal story of what his life would be if it were just him, and the Beast-Within…
 
“Hmm… needs a better name than the Beast-Within.” he thought, and there was only one other idea he could think of… so he began to type down his story entitled…
 
“THE INCREDIBLE BEAST.”
 
By: Garfield Mark Logan (Beast-Boy)