Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ The Little Cherub III by Beautifulpurpleflame ❯ Never Too Old ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: It is with regret that I inform you that I do not, nor have I ever, own Teen Titans.
Chapter 2
It was a nice sunny day and the park was full of families. Raven pushed Arielle on a swing and Beast Boy was over at the jungle gym with Alex. He stayed on the ground for a while, but soon he was climbing on it with Alex. He just couldn't help it. Raven smiled and rolled her eyes as she watched her two guys crawling all over the jungle gym.
“Hey daddy watch this,” said Alex. He crawled through the rungs and hung from the very top of the jungle gym proudly.
“That's a long fall,” said Beast Boy looking at the ground and then back at Alex.
“No it's not,” said Alex with a smile. But when his hands begin to burn from holding on for so long he realized that he was rather high up. He began to whine and then his hands couldn't hold on any longer. He began to scream as he fell, but a pair of large, green, hairy arms grabbed him. Alex looked and saw that he had been caught by his father as a gorilla. He placed him on the ground and then changed back.
“I told you it was a long fall,” said Beast Boy hopping down.
“I want to go swing,” said Alex running off towards his mother and sister. Beast Boy quickly ran after him. He couldn't understand how Alex could be so active and never get tired. He, himself, was ready for a nap.
Alex sat down on the swing next to Arielle and began to pump his legs. Beast Boy reached them and got behind Alex. He started to push him, but was still trying to catch his breath.
“Someone getting a little too old to play?” asked Raven with a grin and raising her eyebrow.
“Ha! Never,” said Beast Boy with a smile and wiping the sweat from his forehead.
“I set our wedding date for six months from now,” said Raven. “Is that okay?”
“Yeah,” said Beast Boy. “I'm surprised you didn't chose the four month spot.”
“Well Starfire's due in four months,” said Raven. “And with our luck she'd go into labor in the middle of the wedding.”
“Ah,” said Beast Boy nodding and laughing.
“Higher!” demanded Alex. Beast Boy groaned silently and pushed him higher with his tired arms. Alex laughed as he went closer and closer to the sky.
Raven slowed Arielle down and lifted her up and out of the swing. She was quite tired and just about fell asleep on her mother's shoulder. “Time to go home,” said Raven.
“Awe, do we have to?” asked Alex.
“It's Arielle's nap time,” said Raven.
Beast Boy grabbed Alex's swing and slowed him to a stop. Alex quickly jumped off and said, “Can I go down the slide one last time?” Before his parents could even answer he was off, heading towards the slide.
“Doesn't he ever stop running?” whined Beast Boy as he began to follow after Alex.
“Here, you take Arielle back to the car and I'll get Alex,” said Raven, knowing that Beast Boy was tired. She handed the sleeping little girl to her father and headed over to the slide. Beast Boy mouthed a silent, “Thank you,” and headed for the car.
Alex slid down the slide and quickly ran to the ladder and climbed up again. Raven walked over calmly and watched as he slid down two more times.
“Come on, it's time to go,” said Raven.
“I'm not ready to go,” said Alex.
“I know, sweetheart,” said Raven. “But your sister needs to go home for her nap. We can come back tomorrow.”
“You promise?” asked Alex as he slid down again and sat at the bottom of the slide.
“Yes, now come on,” said Raven.
Alex jumped up and ran over to her. He grabbed her hand and the two headed back to the car. Arielle was in her car seat asleep and Beast Boy was reclined in the passenger's seat… also asleep.
When they got home Raven was in charge of getting her whole family in their beds for naps. Alex had started nodding off on the drive home. As the four entered the tower the other three Titans watched them oddly. Raven had Arielle asleep in her arms, a stumbling half asleep Alex holding her hand, and a sleep walking Beast Boy following behind them. She placed both of her children in their beds and then dragged her fiancé to theirs. She lied Beast Boy down on their bed and took his shoes off for him.
“Why am I so tired?” asked Beast Boy in a groan.
“You're not a little kid anymore, Beast Boy,” chuckled Raven.
“Yeah, but I'm not an old man either,” he said grabbed her and pulling her down on the bed softly. He brought her on top of him and held her close. “Will you still love me when I'm an old man?”
“Of course I will,” she said kissing him. “I think you're going to look sexy with gray hair and green skin.” This made Beast Boy laugh and Raven giggle.
“Hopefully I've got a few good years left,” he said with a smile.
“Hopefully,” laughed Raven. She kissed him again and crawled off of him.
“What? You don't wanna nap with me?” he asked, grabbing her and pulling her back.
“I'd love to, but I have things to do,” she said trying to pull herself free.
“What things?” he asked, pulling her close.
“Wedding stuff,” she sighed.
“Can't you lie with me for a few minutes?” he asked kissing her.
“I really have to go,” she said pulling her lips away. “Have a nice nap.”
“Thanks,” said Beast Boy sadly crawling up to the pillows. Raven closed the door and that was the last thing Beast Boy heard before passing out.
Two hours passed and Beast Boy awoke from his slumber. He lazily crawled off of the bed and headed out of the room. He looked into Arielle's room and saw that she was gone. He went to Alex's room and found him playing with his dinosaurs. He decided to go to the common room where he expected to see Raven with Arielle. He did see Arielle, sitting on Starfire's lap on the couch. Cyborg was starting dinner and Robin wasn't present.
“Hello Beast Boy,” said Starfire who had seen him enter when she heard the common room doors open. “How was your nap?”
“Good,” said Beast Boy scratching his head. “Where's Raven?”
“She hasn't returned yet,” said Cyborg.
“I hope you do not mind my taking Arielle,” said Starfire. “She was calling out from her room and so I took her.”
“Course I don't mind,” said Beast Boy. “I can't believe Raven isn't back yet, though.”
“I have done the preparations of a wedding once,” said Starfire. “It is very consuming of time.”
“I know, but usually she doesn't do anything really important without me there,” said Beast Boy sitting down on the couch.
“Don't worry, man,” said Cyborg. “I'm sure she's just picking out napkins or something.”
Robin entered casually and said, “Hey everyone.” They all responded and he walked over to Starfire to give her a kiss. Arielle reached up to him and made a smack with her lips, which meant “kiss”. Robin kissed her on the forehead and sat down between Beast Boy and Starfire. “Beast Boy, I have something I need to tell you.”
“Okay,” said Beast Boy.
“Well,” said Robin, but he felt Arielle crawling off of Starfire, over his lap, to Beast Boy. He helped her get to Beast Boy and continued. “Starfire and I were planning on turning Terra's old room into a nursery. Is that okay?”
They had left Terra's old room alone ever since she left. Once in a while Beast Boy would wander in, take a look around, and then leave. Sure, he hadn't thought about her in years now, but to say that he still didn't hold a place for her in his heart would be a lie.
“I just figured I should tell, or ask, you before we did anything,” said Robin.
“No, it's fine,” Beast Boy said at last. “I mean, we're gonna need all the space we can find, right? So… yeah, sure go ahead.”
“Oh good,” said Starfire. “Tomorrow we can go to the store and pick out the paint and the carpet and curtains and…” Robin suddenly looked very tired again as Starfire went on and on. Beast Boy knew he had to help his poor friend.
“Ya know, Star,” said Beast Boy. “You still have four more months, you don't need to do everything right now.”
“I know,” said Starfire. “I just want to be ready for when it comes.”
“Well, at the rate you're going, Robin's gonna be too tired to actually help you,” said Beast Boy. “You've got plenty of time; just enjoy your last few months alone together.”
“Perhaps I have been a little too excited,” said Starfire. “I am sorry.”
“You have nothing to be sorry about Star,” said Robin with a smile.
Just as they were sitting down to dinner Raven entered. “There you are,” said Beast Boy as he lifted Arielle into her high chair. “I was getting worried.”
“Yeah, I got a little held up,” said Raven taking off her jacket. She went over to the table and sat down, after giving Beast Boy a kiss of course. It was a little longer than usual, but not so much that it drew attention. But Beast Boy noticed that it felt different.
“You okay?” he asked.
“Hmm? Oh yeah, I'm fine,” she said with a forced smile. Beast Boy wasn't exactly convinced, but he decided to wait to talk to her about it until later.