Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ The Little Cherub III by Beautifulpurpleflame ❯ Two New Additions to the Family ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: It is with regret that I inform you that I do not, nor have I ever, own Teen Titans.
Chapter 7
Starfire was only too happy to be back at the tower. She was not one who liked hospitals very much and she had missed her beloved friends terribly. She let out a happy sigh as she entered the common room. Robin followed her with his daughter, Caley Joy Grayson, in his arms. They had had a long discussion on what to name her. They chose Caley because it meant “brave warrior”, something that Robin really liked. And Joy as her middle name because, well come on, this was Starfire! The most joyful, happiest being on the entire planet! All in all, they were quite happy with their decision.
“It is so wonderful to be home,” said Starfire. “Caley, you will be quite happy here.”
“I'm sure she will be,” said Robin.
“Can I hold her? When can I hold her? Is she sleeping? What's her name again?” Alex was asking a million questions as he walked right next to Robin and looked up at the new member of the Titan family. His mother quickly took him aside.
“Alex, the baby is sleeping,” said Raven. “You have to leave her alone.”
“But I want to hold her,” said Alex.
“I know,” said Raven. “But that's up to Uncle Robin and Auntie Starfire, and right now they're tired too.”
“So what am I gonna do until they're not tired?” asked Alex with a sigh.
“Why don't you go play with Arielle in your room for a little while,” said Raven, giving Arielle's little hand to Alex.
“Okay,” he sighed and the two little Logan's headed for his room.
Cyborg was just entering with a box of random things in his arms. “Hey y'all.”
“Hey Cyborg,” said Beast Boy. “What's in the box?”
“Just stuff I hafta get rid of,” said Cyborg. “Bee'll be movin' in a couple days, so I hafta make my room woman friendly.”
“I would hope so,” said Raven. “I'm sure she doesn't plan on sleeping on a flat metal table surrounded by nothing but large machines and computers.”
“Yeah, I hafta go buy a bed today,” said Cyborg laughing and continuing on his way.
“I feel bad for the salesperson who has to find a bed that can support the weight of Cyborg, let alone him and Bee,” chuckled Beast Boy.
That night the usually quiet halls of the tower were filled with the sound of crying. Baby crying. Infant crying, to be exact. Caley was wailing away and Robin was walking around the tower with her. There seemed to be no soothing her. She had been going at it for three straight hours at this point.
Beast Boy lay next to Raven with a pillow over his head. As hard as he tried he just couldn't fall asleep. Raven was wide-awake as well. Bad memories of Arielle crying all hours of the night haunted her and she felt quite anxious.
“I can't take it anymore!” groaned Beast Boy through his pillow.
“Beast Boy, it's not her fault,” said Raven.
“I know,” said Beast Boy. “I just want her to stop already.”
“That was your daughter once,” said Raven cuddling up to him and putting her hand on his chest. “Just imagine how frustrated Robin and Starfire are.”
“Yeah, it must suck,” said Beast Boy wrapping his arm around her, pulling her closer. “Thank goodness we had easy kids.”
“So far,” said Raven. “If you keep talking you'll jinx us.”
Beast Boy chuckled and kissed her on the forehead. “Yeah, and that's the last thing we need.” Raven chuckled back and tried to fall go to sleep, as well as Beast Boy. Caley gave a blood-curdling cry that even made Raven moan.
“I hate hearing her cry,” said Raven into Beast Boy's chest. “I keep forgetting she's not one of mine.”
“Wow, you sure have some strong mother instincts,” said Beast Boy.
“I can't help it,” she sighed. “Ever since Alex was born I just want to take care of every kid I see that's crying or needs their shoelaces tied or something.”
“You're a great mother, Raven,” said Beast Boy with a smile. “There's nothing wrong with that.”
“And I have to admit that you're a great father,” said Raven smiling back. “I wasn't sure how good of a father you were going to be when I told you that Alex was your son, but you've been nothing but the ideal parent.”
“Stop, you'll make me blush,” he said in a yawn. There came a knock on the door. Beast Boy sighed and said, “I wonder who that could be.”
Raven was quick to crawl out from under the covers and go to the door, while Beast Boy just moaned and sat up. She opened the door and there, sure enough, stood Robin with Caley in his arms.
“I'm sorry I woke you,” said Robin in a tired voice.
“Oh no, I was up,” said Raven.
“I just… I need help,” said Robin. “I don't know what to do.”
“Has Starfire fed her lately?” asked Raven.
“Yeah, and she's got a clean diaper,” said Robin. “She just won't stop crying.”
“Let me see her,” said Raven holding out her arms. Robin gingerly placed Caley into Ravens arms. The child wailed away and Raven held her close. She closed her eyes and entered the child's mind. Caley slowly ceased the cries and within a minute was asleep in her arms. She opened her eyes and gave Robin a smile. “She should sleep through the night now,” said Raven giving her back to Robin.
“What did you do?” asked Robin.
“I just helped her calm down and sleep,” said Raven. “She was confused about where she was, since she's only been in the hospital.”
“Thank you so much,” said Robin, very relieved.
“No problem,” said Raven sweetly. “Good night.” And with that Robin left and she closed the door. She crawled back into the bed and let out a sigh of relief. Beast Boy stayed sitting up, looking at her.
“Why didn't you do that four hours ago?” he asked.
“Because I wanted them to come to me if they wanted help,” said Raven. “And I don't want them to think that every time she cries they can come to me for an easy way out.”
“Well I still wish you had done that four hours ago when she started,” said Beast Boy finally lying down.
“I'm sorry, dear,” said Raven lying her head on his chest and closing her eyes.
“Yeah yeah,” said Beast Boy holding her close so the two could finally fall asleep.
The next morning Starfire managed to get out of bed just so she could go and hug Raven. She and Robin felt like Raven was their savior and that they could never repay her. But Raven was quick to tell her that it really wasn't a problem and that she wouldn't have been a good friend or fellow mother if she hadn't helped them when they asked her for it.
Three days later Bumble Bee moved into the tower. The entire Titans East came with her to help her move in and so they could catch up with the Titans and see the new baby. Alex was as happy as ever, since all of the members of the Titans East adored the little guy and doted upon him. Arielle, on the other hand, couldn't really remember them and turned very shy.
“She looks just like Alex,” said Speedy examining the shy little girl.
“Say hi,” said Beast Boy to his little daughter who was cowering behind his leg. “You're chattering all day and then when I ask you to talk you can't say anything?” She just buried her face into Beast Boy's pants.
“Well, maybe we can meet later,” said Speedy with a smile.
“That sound okay?” Beast Boy asked his pants. Arielle gave a nod into his leg.
“Wow, you sure are getting big,” Aqualad said to Alex. “How old are you anyway?”
“I'm gonna be five in a couple months,” said Alex proudly.
“¡Ella es tan pequeña!” said Mas, who was holding the baby. Translated he said, “She is so little!” (AN: I don't speak Spanish, so I just took the sentences and had them translated online. If they're wrong or anything, please just ignore the errors. Blame the online translator!)
“Quiero una vuelta,” said Menos, reaching out for Caley. Translated he said, “I want a turn.”
“Could you boys please speak English and can one of you help me?” said Bumble Bee.
“Sorry,” they both said. Mas passed Caley to Menos and went to help Bumble Bee with a few boxes.
Once she was moved in the Titans East decided to stay for dinner. Starfire had been sleeping most of the day, but she got up so she could finally enjoy her friends company. They all sat at the rather large table that Cyborg had bought when he was buying a bed. Knowing that the Titans family was probably not finished growing he decided that the best thing to do was buy a new, larger one.
Now ten Titans, and three children sat at the table, helping each other pass different foods about. Robin sat next to Starfire, who had Caley in her arms. On the other side of Starfire sat Raven, just incase Caley began to weep. Next to Raven sat Beast Boy and on the other side of him sat Arielle in her high chair. Next to Arielle sat Speedy, whom she did warm up to and actually took a liking to. Next to Speedy sat Aqualad and next to him was Alex, who liked Aqualad the best out of all the Titans East. Next to Alex sat Cyborg and then Bumble Bee. Then there came Menos and sitting next to him was his brother Mas, who was sitting next to Robin.
“I can't believe you two are getting married in two months,” said Speedy.
“I know,” said Beast Boy. “Seems like only yesterday we were arguing over tofu and tea.”
“That was yesterday,” said Cyborg.
“Ya mean they still fight over tea and tofu?” asked Bumble Bee.
“Yeah, but you get used to it,” said Cyborg.
“Are you ready?” asked Aqualad.
“I think so,” said Raven. “I'm starting to get a little nervous though.”
“You're nervous about marrying me?” asked Beast Boy.
“No, I'm nervous about the wedding,” said Raven. “I just want everything to go right. And, like I've said before, you know our luck. Something might happen.”
“Do not worry,” said Starfire. “I was feeling the nervousness before my wedding. But it was like when you gave birth to Alex. Once the time had come everything did the coming together.”
Raven was reassured by Starfire's words and said, “Thanks Starfire.” She smiled back and the two continued to eat. The others, though, weren't exactly sure what they were talking about. But they just shrugged to each other and continued to eat.