Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ The Little Cherub III by Beautifulpurpleflame ❯ One More Couldn't Hurt ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: It is with regret that I inform you that I do not, nor have I ever, own Teen Titans.
Chapter 10
Beast Boy was standing outside the bathroom. His arms were crossed and his foot was tapping nervously. Raven was inside taking the… test. He felt very anxious and he felt like it was his turn to faint. The worst part about all of this was that he actually did want Raven to be pregnant. There was no reason for him not to want to have another child. The problem was that she might not be pregnant. And where would that leave them? If she wasn't he didn't want to tell her that he wanted to have another child. She said that she wanted to wait a while if they were going to have more children. Emphasis on the if.
He groaned and leaned against the wall. The bathroom door opened and Beast Boy practically jumped out of his skin. Raven came out and before he could say a word she wrapped her arms around him. He wasn't sure what this meant.
“So… what is it?” he asked as she held him tightly.
Raven released her grip slightly and looked up at him. He could see the beginnings of tears in her eyes, but she had a smile on her face. “We're having another baby.”
“It's positive?” he asked in disbelief.
“Yes,” she said nodding.
“Oh my God!” he said hugging her tightly. “I can't believe it!”
“I know,” said Raven. “I have the feeling it was our honeymoon.”
“Another Titan child conceived on a honeymoon,” laughed Beast Boy. “I think we have a Titan tradition going. First Robin and Star, now me and you.” Raven laughed as well.
“I also think there's something about Alex's birthday,” said Raven. “I was obviously pregnant the day I had him, I was pregnant on his third birthday, Starfire was pregnant on his fourth birthday, and now I'm pregnant again on his fifth.”
“Well, that means next year it'll be either Star again or maybe even Bee,” said Beast Boy.
“I think Cyborg would be happier if Bee was, rather than Starfire,” giggled Raven.
Beast Boy laughed and kissed her. He was so happy. Not just because he was going to have another child, but because Raven was happy about having another child. “So, when do you think we should tell the others?”
“I want to go see my doctor first,” said Raven. “Just to be sure.”
“Okay,” said Beast Boy smiling and kissing her once again.
The next day Raven made an appointment with her doctor, who wasn't all that surprised to see her again. While Raven was getting everything checked out, Beast Boy stayed at home with the kids. Alex had received two new space movies and he was quite pleased watching them and coloring in his new astronaut-coloring book. Beast Boy spent the time trying to help Arielle speak. He would say a word and she would say it back. He would repeat it over and over until she said it right. She had mastered many words and was almost communicating with the others in full sentences, though many things she said didn't exactly make sense.
Starfire had finally gotten Caley to sleep after feeding her and she came out to watch the new movie she had bought Alex. She knew much about space, but she found that there was always something new for her to discover.
“Alex, are you enjoying the movie?” asked Starfire.
“Yeah, I like it a lot,” said Alex with a smile.
“Perhaps someday I shall take you into space with me so we may visit my home planet,” said Starfire.
“Really?” gasped Alex. Starfire smiled and nodded. Now Alex was really happy. He knew who he was going to give his current work of art to.
“Beast Boy, where did you say Raven was again?” asked Starfire.
“Out running errands,” said Beast Boy, hoping he sounded convincing.
“Oh, we are in need of the diapers,” said Starfire pulling her communicator out. “I shall contact her and tell her.”
“No!” said Beast Boy quickly. Starfire was a bit startled. “I mean, uh, she's already on her way home.”
“How do you know?” asked Starfire.
“She told me telepathically,” said Beast Boy in almost a question form.
“Oh,” said Starfire, taking the lie. “Then I shall just have to tell Robin to get some.” And with that she stood up and went to inform her husband of the diaper shortage. Beast Boy sighed and went back to talking to his daughter.
A few minutes later Raven returned. Beast Boy was happy because it made his story seem true and Starfire wouldn't ask any questions. She had a subtle smile on her face and she took Beast Boy into their room to talk to him.
“So?” he asked smiling.
“I am pregnant,” said Raven. “And the doctor's pretty sure that it was conceived during our honeymoon.”
“Awesome!” said Beast Boy taking her into his arms. “So can we tell the others now?”
“We'll do it at dinner when we're all together,” said Raven.
“I have to wait all the way until dinner?” whined Beast Boy. “I want to tell them now.”
“I know, but I don't want to call a meeting,” said Raven. “You can wait a few hours, can't you?”
Beast Boy sighed and smiled at her. “I guess.” And he kissed her sweetly.
After all of this news Raven felt like she needed to lie down and Beast Boy agreed. He felt a little overwhelmed as well. They lay on their sides looking at each other with large smiles. After a while Raven moved over onto her back and let out a sigh.
“I can't believe I'm having another baby,” she said covering her face.
“It's not too soon, is it?” asked Beast Boy. “I mean, you did say that you wanted to wait a little while before having any more kids.”
“I think now is just about the right time,” said Raven turning to him. “Alex is going to be starting school in the fall and that means he won't be around as much anymore. And Arielle is just about old enough to stop depending on me so much. In a couple months we'll be potty training her. Yes, I think now is a good time.”
“Good,” said Beast Boy relieved.
“So what do you want this time around?” she asked rolling back onto her side.
“What do you mean?” he asked a little confused.
“Do you want another boy or another girl?” asked Raven.
“Oh,” said Beast Boy and he thought. “I'm not sure. Both are great.”
“Come on, you must be leaning more one way,” said Raven.
“Well… I would kinda like to have another boy,” said Beast Boy. “Just because I haven't been there for the birth of a son yet.”
“Fair enough,” said Raven.
“What about you?” he asked. “What do you want.”
“I honestly don't really care,” said Raven. “As long as it's healthy I'll be happy.”
“Now that's not fair,” said Beast Boy bringing her closer to him. “Why do I have to choose and you get to just say you want either? Come on, what do you want?”
“I really don't care,” said Raven. “But I'll say boy because I know that that's what you want.”
“What if it's a girl?” asked Beast Boy. “And one day she asks if we wanted another girl or if we had wanted a boy instead?”
“I'll just tell her the truth,” said Raven. “That it didn't matter what sex she was, just as long as she was healthy I would be happy.”
“What about me?” he asked.
“You can tell her that you wanted a boy,” she smiled.
“Thanks,” he said sarcastically.
“You're welcome,” Raven smiled back and kissed him. Then they both fell asleep and took a short nap together.
Dinner that night was to be lasagna, both regular and vegetarian. Every dinner seemed to be a large event, since there were so many. And there was soon to be another joining their little family. Beast Boy was so excited that he could barely eat his tofu lasagna. Raven acted normally and didn't even give a hint that anything was about to be announced. Any other person would question how Raven could act so calm, but Beast Boy knew that she had a lifetime of experience when it came to hiding her emotions.
“I just don't see why we can't just have another T-car,” said Cyborg.
“Because we don't need a T-car at this point,” said Robin. “We need something that will hold more passengers.”
“Robin, I am not building a bus,” said Cyborg.
“I'm not asking you to build a bus…” started Robin.
“Or a van,” cut in Cyborg.
“Now you're being unreasonable,” said Robin.
“Yeah, come on, Sparky,” said Bumble Bee. “Ya hafta admit that you guys do need a new set of wheels.”
“See?” said Robin smugly.
“I don't care,” said Cyborg. “If I'm buildin' it, then I get to say what it's gonna be.”
“Fine, then we'll just go buy one instead,” said Robin. He knew exactly how to get Cyborg's goat.
“Whoa! Hold on,” said Cyborg quickly. “Let's not jump to conclusions. I'm the best auto guy in the city.”
“But if you're not going to build what's right for the team, then I might as well just go out and buy what we need,” said Robin.
Cyborg sighed and said, “Fine, we'll work something out. I'm sure we can compromise.”
“Wonderful,” said Starfire. “Soon we shall all be able to travel together.” Lately the team had been taking turns when it came to going out. They only had two T-car's, and Robins motorcycle, and with nine people living in the tower things could get really cramped in the cars.
“Mo,” said Arielle pointing to her plate.
“You want more, sweetheart?” asked Raven to her daughter.
“Mo, pees,” she said tapping the plate with her plastic spoon.
“Arielle, it's please,” said Beast Boy.
“Pees,” said Arielle.
“P-l-ease,” said Beast Boy, stressing the “L”.
“Pees,” said Arielle confidently. Beast Boy sighed and decided to work on it later.
“For heaven's sake,” said Bumble Bee. “Leave the girl alone.” She said lightly slapping Beast Boy on the arm. “Honestly. She's only gonna be two, she'll figure out words.”
“Hey, I'm just trying to get a head start,” said Beast Boy.
“Why?” asked Starfire. “Is there some race to see how quickly a child can learn to speak?”
“No, he just… never mind, I'll tell you later,” said Robin.
“Oh, okay,” said Starfire. “But if there are any races I wish to know now so that I may get Caley on the head start as well.”
Everyone sighed silently and continued to eat. Beast Boy looked over at Raven and pleaded with his eyes. He couldn't take it any longer. He wanted to tell them now. She rolled her eyes and gave him a smile. That was the sign. He almost burst out of his chair. And he basically did as he stood up to get their attention.
“Excuse me everyone,” he said all jittery. Raven would have felt embarrassed, had she not been just as excited as he was. The whole table turned to him and wondered what was going on. “I have an announcement to make. Well, me and Raven do, actually.” He paused for dramatic affect. “We're having another baby!”
Everyone stopped in mid chew and their jaws dropped, as well as Robin's fork. There were a few gasps and then smiles spread around the whole table.
“I knew it!” said Alex excitedly and he began bouncing around in his seat.
“Raven, you are with child once more?” asked Starfire clasping her hands and smiling.
Raven could feel her cheeks blush as the whole room stared at her. “Yes,” she said smiling.
Bumble Bee suddenly jumped out of her seat and began to dance around. “Alright! I told y'all that she'd be pregnant in less than three months! Pay up.” But the others paid no mind to her.
“You two aren't even giving Star and I a chance to catch up, are you?” laughed Robin.
“I guess we are gonna need a bus,” chuckled Cyborg.
“Wait, I have a question,” said Bumble Bee. “Was it on your honeymoon?”
“Yes, it was,” said Raven feeling very bashful now.
“Yes!” screamed Bumble Bee. “You guys know what that means, you owe me double!”