Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ The Little Cherub III by Beautifulpurpleflame ❯ Feeling Faint ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: It is with regret that I inform you that I do not, nor have I ever, own Teen Titans.
Chapter 9
Another year and another birthday. Once again it was Alex's birthday and he was turning five. Five! Raven couldn't believe it. Five years ago she had given birth to him. It seemed like time had flown by. And Arielle was going to be two in three months. Her babies were growing up. She wasn't sure she was happy with it, but there was nothing she could do about it. All children have to grow up, no exceptions. And the birthday party theme this year? Why deep space and astronauts of course!
“Did you get the Saturn cake?” asked Alex trying to get a peek at the box the cake was in.
“You'll just have to wait and see,” said Raven.
“But I want to know!” said Alex with a large smile and jumping up and down.
“Alex, come help me with the balloons!” called Beast Boy. Alex quickly forgot about the cake and ran over to help his father.
“Raven, does Caley not look beautiful?” asked Starfire with a large smile. In her arms she was holding the little red headed girl. She was in a frilly, purple and silver suit that was twice the size of the poor child. Raven wasn't exactly sure what to say. “I have dressed her in the day of celebration outfit of my planet.”
“Well… it sure is… festive,” said Raven.
Starfire smiled and went off to show everyone else. Raven wondered what the hell Robin was thinking to let Starfire dress his daughter in that horrid outfit. It certainly mustn't have been comfortable. That was confirmed when Caley began to fuss horribly.
“You guys sure go all out when it comes to birthdays,” said Bumble Bee helping them to hang some streamers.
“Just because we had bad birthdays when we were young doesn't mean our kids have to,” said Beast Boy.
“Yeah, but don't ya think this is a little… much?” asked Bumble Bee.
“So, when your kids birthdays come around you don't want us to go all out and show you how much we all love them?” asked Beast Boy.
Bumble Bee thought for a second. She imagined if this party was for a child of her own. “On second thought, were do I hang up this “Happy Birthday” banner?”
Cyborg entered with all of the gifts in his arms. They had kept them locked up in his room so Alex wouldn't find them. But once he caught sight of them, every other thought in his mind vanished.
“Are those all for me?” he asked running over to Cyborg.
“Whoa, little man,” said Cyborg, almost losing a few gifts. “Ya ain't gettin ya hands on these. Not just yet.”
“I wasn't gonna open them,” said Alex, not backing off. “I just wanna see them!”
“Yo, shoo!” said Cyborg pushing Alex away with his foot.
Alex sighed and ran off to do something else. He decided to go see how his sister was doing. She was sitting in a bouncing/roll around chair and playing with a little toy. She saw Alex coming and got excited. “Aless!” she cried out happily.
“Wanna play space adventure?” asked Alex. Arielle began to clap her hands and scream gleefully. “Alright, ready? Here we go!” He got behind her little chair and began to wheel her around the room as fast as he could. “We're passing Jupiter… look out for that moon… oh no the sun… we're gonna get stuck in the milky way… there's Mars… asteroid!... okay, we're alive… there's Saturn…”
“Alex, stop before you crash into something!” called his mother.
“Oh no! Moon monsters!” he screamed as he whizzed past his mother with a smile.
“Alex, I said stop,” said Raven.
He sighed and slowed down. Arielle was disappointed as well, but they always did what their parents said. That came from Ravens disciplined genes. But every once in a while a bit of Beast Boy's rebellious side would leak out of the two.
Robin entered with four pizzas. He placed them on the table, which was covered in a space tablecloth, and opened each box up. “Time to eat!” he announced. Everyone dropped what they were doing and made their way over to the pizzas. Raven grabbed the astronaut plates and passed them out.
“Can I have some soda?” asked Alex.
“I'll get it buddy,” said Beast Boy.
“Not too much,” said Raven.
“Raven, it's his birthday,” said Beast Boy. “He's not gonna rot his teeth out because of one cup of soda.”
“No, he gets hiccups when he drinks soda,” said Raven going to take a bite of her pizza. She suddenly stopped and felt a little dizzy. She put the slice of pizza down and waited for it to pass. `Oh shit! I am not getting sick again,' thought Raven. The last time she had gotten ill it almost killed her and she knew she couldn't put Beast Boy through that again.
“Girl, are you okay?” asked Bumble Bee putting her hand on Ravens shoulder.
“What?” asked Raven, not really hearing her.
“You're lookin a little dazed,” said Bumble Bee.
“Yeah, I just feel a little light headed, that's all,” said Raven.
“You're not getting sick again, are you?” asked Robin concerned.
“No,” said Raven. “The room's just spinning a little bit. I'm fine.”
Everyone was looking at her and she really wished they wouldn't. Her prayers were answered when Caley began to cry. Starfire tried to hush her, but she just kept crying. Eventually Starfire had to leave the room so she could try and quiet the babe.
“I don't know why she keeps crying,” said Robin very tiredly. Caley had turned out to be a rather fussy baby and the whole tower was suffering because of it. They knew it wasn't Starfire or Robin or even Caley's fault. It was just one of those natural things that couldn't really be explained. “I hope she's not in pain.”
“No, she's just confused and wants to be alone with Starfire,” said Raven. “She's sick of sharing her mother.”
“Is that all?” asked Robin.
“That and she's a baby and doesn't exactly know what's going on,” said Raven. She picked up her cup to sip it, but she felt the feeling in her hand leave and her cup fell. Her head fell forward for a moment, but she did her best to regain her consciousness.
“Raven!” said Beast Boy going over to her.
She felt like her eyes were rolling around her head. She looked up and saw Beast Boy heading for her. She looked down and saw that her whole cup had spilt and her lap was now wet.
“I'll get the paper towels,” said Cyborg standing up.
“Raven, are you okay?” asked Beast Boy.
“I… I don't know,” she said holding her head.
“Maybe you should go lie down,” said Beast Boy helping her stand up.
“I need to go change my pants,” said Raven standing up.
“I'll help you walk,” said Beast Boy.
“I'm sure I can walk fine,” said Raven. She steadied herself and started to walk out of the common room. She made it about seven steps before she felt herself black out again and nearly fall over. Luckily Beast Boy had followed her and caught her before she could fall to the ground.
He helped her to the bed and lay her down. Then he went to get her a dry pair of pants.
“I don't know why I feel like this,” said Raven angrily with herself.
“Maybe your blood sugar's low or something,” said Beast boy. He tossed her some dry pants and she put them on.
“No, I've been eating today,” said Raven. “I better not be getting sick again.”
Beast Boy sat next to her and put his hand to her forehead. “Well, you don't have a fever. What causes dizziness?”
“Lots of things,” said Raven massaging her temples. “Maybe there's a gas leak.”
“I think Cyborg's sensors would have picked up on that,” said Beast Boy. “You didn't breathe in any of the helium from the balloons, did you?”
“Beast Boy, do I seem the type to inhale balloons?” she asked looking at him.
“I guess not, but then what could it be?” he asked. He thought for a little while and then he had a possible answer. “Hey you're not… ya know… it's not that time of the month, is it?”
“No,” said Raven shaking her head. “Why do you ask?”
“Because you always get a little tired and dizzy when… that… comes,” said Beast Boy.
“That is true,” said Raven. “But, no, I don't have my period at the moment. Actually, I was due over a week ago and…” She trailed off as it occurred to her. She felt as if her heart stopped for a moment. She grabbed Beast Boys hand tightly as the thought struck her brain. Beast Boy could see the sudden change in her, plus she had just stopped talking mid sentence.
“What? What is it?” he asked.
“Beast Boy… I… I might be… pregnant,” said Raven hesitantly and in a quiet voice.
Beast Boy just stared at her for a second. “What?”
“Well, I've got a few of the signs,” said Raven thoughtfully. “I'm feeling faint and my period's late. We have to get a pregnancy test.”
“What? Now?” asked Beast Boy.
“No, not now,” said Raven. “After the party.”
“Speaking of which, are you feeling well enough to go back to it?” he asked, rubbing her back.
“I better lie down for a little while,” said Raven.
“What should I tell them if they ask?” asked Beast Boy.
“Just say that my blood sugar's low and bring me a cup of tea,” said Raven. “That should throw them off track.”
“Okay,” said Beast Boy. He was quiet for a few moments, looking aimlessly at the floor. “Wow. I can't believe you might be pregnant.”
“Is that a positive statement or a negative statement?” asked Raven lying down.
“Positive, I guess,” said Beast Boy standing up.
“You guess?” said Raven closing her eyes.
“I'm just… not sure what to think right now,” said Beast Boy. “You're not mad at me for that, are you?”
“No,” sighed Raven. “I feel the same way.”
“Okay, I'll be back in a few minutes with your tea,” said Beast Boy heading out the door.
“Thank you my love,” said Raven curling up.
Beast Boy headed back to the common room and found everyone still eating their pizza. But he could feel all of their eyes follow him as he made his way back to the table.
“Is Raven alright?” asked Robin.
“Uh, yeah,” said Beast Boy going into the kitchen. “She thinks her blood sugar is low, so I'm gonna make her some tea.”
“You sure she's not sick?” asked Bumble Bee.
“Pretty sure,” said Beast Boy calmly as he put the kettle on the stove. Little did they know that his mind was racing and screaming. He would have to sneak out at some point to buy a pregnancy test. He couldn't believe that Raven might be pregnant again.