Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ The Little Cherub V by Beautifulpurpleflame ❯ Still Too Young? ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: I don't own Teen Titans, or anything else in this story… other than a few of the characters… and the ideas.
Chapter 2
Even though the two fell asleep in eachothers' arms, they rarely woke up that way. Beast Boy was sprawled out on his stomach, his snores being muffled by his pillow. Raven was curled up on her side, facing him, with little or no blanket. That was why she always wore more to bed than him. Unless, of course, it was one of their “special” nights, in which case they always woke up in eachothers' arms.
Their sleep was quickly disrupted by a round of loud knockings upon their door. The two groaned and snapped awake.
“What?” the two asked at the same time.
“Mom, dad, get up,” called Aaron. “I've got soccer in an hour!”
“Oh shit,” grumbled Raven as she crawled out of bed. “I forgot. Okay, I'm up!” she called out to her son. She tapped her husband and then grabbed her robe and threw it on. “Come on, time to get up.”
“I don't wanna,” he moaned and buried his face into his pillow.
“Please, get up,” yawned Raven. “You know Saturday is our busy day.”
“Exactly, that's why I don't wanna get up,” said Beast Boy.
“Fine, I'll drive Aaron to soccer practice, then Austin to baseball practice, then Arielle to gymnastics, and finish up by taking Alex to basketball tryouts for the high school team next year,” said Raven tying her robe up.
“Okay, I'm up,” said Beast Boy rolling out of their bed and landing on the floor.
The common room was full of activity, as it usually was. Cyborg was in charge of meals, which included Beast Boy's whether he liked it or not, so he was in the kitchen cooking away. Robin was sitting at the table reading the paper. Starfire was sitting on the couch with her children as they watched cartoons, as did the two Stone children. Bumble Bee was setting the table for the breakfast her husband was making.
Suddenly Raven entered with all four of her children, who were each in their sport's uniforms. They were each talking to her and telling her that they needed to get to their destinations on time. As if they were ever late. All four were involved in many activities and that kept Raven constantly moving. Beast Boy was usually busy helping the other two dads save the city, so he wasn't as involved in the transportation as much.
“Breakfasts up!” announced Cyborg as he began to put the dishes down on the table. He usually made the same things every day, eggs, toast, cereal and milk, and always one special dish. Today it was pancakes. The kids quickly rushed to the table and sat down along side their parents. Soon dishes were being passed around and everyone was talking at once.
“Can someone pass the peanut butter?” asked Aaron.
“I don't think it's here,” said Beast Boy. Aaron groaned and jumped up from his seat, heading for the cupboard. “Why don't you just have your toast with jelly?”
“Because I need the protein, dad,” said Aaron as he hopped onto the counter and reached into the cupboard for the peanut butter. “This is our last major practice before the big game on Wednesday.”
“Can I have the orange juice?” asked Caley.
“Here you are,” said Starfire pouring some juice into her daughter's glass.
“I want some too!” said Nicholas.
“Oh, I am sorry, but there is none left,” said Starfire.
“Awe, not fair,” cried Nicholas.
“Here, drink your milk,” said Robin, pouring milk into his son's glass. “Milk builds strong bones.”
“Speaking of which, I'll have the milk next,” said Alex.
“Here you go,” said Robin stretching his arm out and trying to get the milk carton to Alex, who was at the far side of the table.
“I'll help,” said Arielle. She raised her hand, concentrated as hard as she could, and moved the milk from Robin's hand to her brothers a good two feet away. “Yes! And it didn't drop this time.”
“You're getting better,” said Raven with a smile.
Arielle was now becoming aware of her own special abilities and was getting better and better everyday as long as she practiced. Like all of the Logan children, she was an empath and like her brother and mother she had healing powers. But, unlike her older brother, she had the ability of telekinesis. She was able to move items with her mind, and that included her own body, which meant that she could actually fly. She was still a little too young to fly around like Caley and Nicholas, who were born to fly, but she was working on it.
“Hey, how come Arielle can use her powers at the table?” asked Nicholas.
“Because hers don't cause holes in the ceiling,” said Robin, pushing his son's glass of milk towards him.
“Come on, mom, I've got to get going!” said Aaron as he shoved his peanut butter toast into his mouth.
“Aaron, sit down,” said Raven. “You don't have to be there for twenty minutes and I can teleport us there is less than three seconds if I have to.”
“Yeah, but I don't wanna make a big entrance,” said Aaron. “I wanna get dropped off like all the other kids.”
“You will,” said Raven. “We have plenty of time, so finish eating.”
Aaron sat back down and began to eat some scrambled eggs. He took after Beast Boy the most when it came to his personality. He loved to play videogames and could get pretty stubborn when he didn't win. He also thought himself to be pretty funny and loved to entertain the other kids. He also tended to have some interesting theories about mutants and monsters. Yes, he was definitely Beast Boy's son.
Once breakfast was done Raven was off to take her children to their different sports. There was a robbery downtown and that meant the three Titan men went off to take care of that. Starfire and Bumble Bee decided to take their children to the park that day. No, there never was a dull day in the Titan's Tower.
By dinnertime everyone was quite exhausted. Alex pressed his dad to tell him everything about the activities he had encountered that day with the various villains. Alex was never one to fight, obviously, but he did like to hear his father tell him about his heroic adventures. He would never tell his mother, but someday he did want to follow in his parent's footsteps and save the city.
Of course his father knew this and was very eager to show him the ropes of what it was like to be a superhero. But Raven somehow always knew when her husband was trying to sneak him out to see a battle and always stopped him before he could get a foot out of the door.
“I just don't see why he can't come out and watch one day,” said Beast Boy as he cleared the table of the dinner dishes and placed them in the sink to be cleaned. Yes, they had a dishwasher, but that only did half of the amount of dishes that the whole family used every meal. “He's old enough.”
“No, absolutely not,” said Raven as she helped him. It was their night to do the dinner clean up.
“Why not?” asked Beast Boy. “His powers have to do with resolving fights anyway, not to mention the fact that he's a black belt!” All of the children took lessons in the martial arts with Robin as their teacher. Since Alex was the oldest, and excelled at everything he did, he was already at black belt level. “And even Robin said it would be a good experience for him.”
“It doesn't matter,” said Raven shaking her head. “He could get hurt.”
“He can heal himself,” said Beast Boy.
“Do you not care about our son's life at all?” she asked, growing very upset.
“Raven, he wants to watch us take down a thief, not fight Slade!” said Beast Boy.
“I don't care!” said Raven throwing the last stack of dishes into the sink. “I don't want him out there, do you understand? He's only thirteen years old.”
“I've been saving the world since I was a kid!” said Beast Boy.
“He's not you!” said Raven. “And he hasn't had any training when it comes to taking down thieves or villains. What if you take him out to watch you at work and something happens and he has to defend himself? Or what if he encounters someone who is immune to his powers?”
“Would you listen to yourself?” said Beast Boy. “You're flipping out about “what ifs”. He'll be fine, I swear.”
“He's still too young,” said Raven.
“Look, I know that you don't want to think about Alex growing up, but he is,” said Beast Boy. “He's advanced for his age, and you know that. And he's never gotten into trouble once.” Beast Boy handed her a wet dish to dry and made eye contact with her. “And I would never let anything happen to him. Would you at least think about it?”
Raven took the dish and began to dry it off with the towel. She thought very carefully then said, “Alright, I'll think about. But that doesn't mean I'll say yes.”
“Just give it some thought, that's all I'm asking,” he said, kissing her cheek.
Raven sighed and continued drying the dishes and stacking them. She wanted her children to have normal lives, at least as normal as they possibly could. She didn't want them to grow up too fast and save the world like she and the other former Teen Titans had. She wanted them to live real lives, not save the world and risk their safety.
After they were done Beast Boy decided to go talk to his son, who was waiting anxiously in his room. He knocked on Alex's door and was quickly let in by the handsome thirteen year old.
“So what did she say?” he asked excitedly.
“She's going to think about it,” said Beast Boy with a smile.
“No way!” said Alex shocked.
“Yup, I got her to think about,” said Beast Boy proudly. “Now that doesn't mean she's gonna say yes, but this is the most progress we've made yet.”
“Yeah, maybe by the time I'm fourteen she'll finally let me use my powers in public,” he smiled.
“She's just nervous about you,” said Beast Boy. “She doesn't want you to get hurt or anything.”
“Come on, dad, you know me,” said Alex tossing his small nerf basketball to his father. He had been previously shooting into the small basket that hung on his wall. “I never do anything stupid.”
“Yeah, I know,” said Beast Boy, shooting the ball and missing the basket, making Alex chuckle. “Well, one thing's for sure. You didn't get your basketball playing skills from me.”
“Naw, I think it came from Uncle Cyborg,” laughed Alex.
“Probably,” Beast Boy laughed back. “Now make sure you don't let your mom know that you know that she's thinking about it.”
“Gotcha,” said Alex winking and shooting the ball straight into the basket.
“Alright, I better get back to your mom or she'll get suspicious,” he said dramatically and left with Alex chuckling away. He was glad that at least he could make his kids laugh with his sense of humor.
“Daddy!” came two voices from down the hall.
Beast Boy looked and saw the twins running up to him. “Yes?” he asked.
“You wanna show us how to get to the secret other dimension level in Mega Monkeys: Monkeynauts?” asked Austin.
“Sure!” said Beast Boy excitedly and followed his youngest boys back to their room. He forgot all about getting back to Raven, who was busy anyway.
Raven was sitting on her daughter's bed, French braiding her long strawberry blond hair that was still wet from her bath. She had become well versed to different hairstyles, which was something she never saw happening in all her life. But, she had a little girl; therefore, she had to learn.
“…And then Stephanie said that she could do more flips than Marsha,” said Arielle as her mother did her hair. “And they both know that I can do the most, but evidently they didn't want me involved, but I didn't really care because it really was between the two of them. Anyway, they start doing round offs on the mat and suddenly Stephanie crashes right into one of the coaches from the high school team!”
“Were they alright?” asked Raven as she put an elastic in her daughter's hair.
“Stephanie had the wind knocked out of her and the coach got a really bad black eye,” said Arielle, feeling her finished braid. “Thanks.”
“Anytime,” said Raven, kissing her daughter's forehead and standing up. “I like our girl time.”
“Me too,” said Arielle with a smile.
Raven and Arielle always made sure to spend an hour a day just the two of them. Since Arielle was the only girl out of four siblings, sometimes she felt like she had to do too many boy things. That was why Raven had created their girl time, so it was just the two of them. It was the only thing that Arielle was happy she didn't have to share.