Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ The Little Cherub V by Beautifulpurpleflame ❯ Last, But Not Least ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: I don't own Teen Titans, or anything else in this story… other than a few of the characters… and the ideas.
Chapter 10
The one thing all six parents were thankful for was the park. There was something for all of the kids to do at the park and it gave them all a much-needed break as well. Alex played with the dads, who always enjoyed a good game of football. The twins would play for a few minutes, but always grew tired of it and would go off to find bugs. The three girls played house in the large playground and always brought one doll with them when hey went to the park. Nicholas was the worst to keep track of, since he never walked but ran, so Starfire would spend the entire time following him. Justin loved to swing and was just learning how to pump his legs on his own. His mother would stand behind him and give him the occasional push, but he would constantly say that he could do it on his own.
Raven was sitting on a nearby bench, watching the whole Titan family enjoy themselves. Her due date was very close and so she couldn't move around much. She just sat and ate animal crackers; that she balanced on her large stomach with ease. The one thing she hated the most about the end of her pregnancies were the horrible clothes she had to wear. Currently, she was in a large, blue sundress. She really didn't like dresses, but at this point she didn't exactly have a choice.
She knew that her time was close, mostly because she had been feeling contractions on and off all week. It was another reason she was sitting down, because one could hit at any moment and she didn't want to fall down because of it.
“Hey mumma!” called Aaron as he and his brother ran over to her. “Look at the size of this beetle!” He held it right up to her face.
“Oh, yeah,” said Raven, not too thrilled about having such a large bug so close to her. “It's big alright.”
“Can we keep it?” asked Austin.
“What?” asked Raven.
“Please?” begged Aaron. “It's gotta be special, I mean look how big it is!”
“Where in the world would you keep it?” she asked.
“In Alex's old bug kit he keeps in his closet above the board games,” said Austin.
“And how would you know where Alex keeps his bug kit if you're not allowed in his room?” asked Raven with a smirk.
The twins paled and realized they had let out a little too much information. “Uh… lucky guess?” said Aaron.
“No, no bugs,” said Raven, shaking her head.
“Please?” the two pleaded.
“You know how much I dislike bugs,” said Raven. “Now put it back where it belongs.”
The two sighed and headed back over to the tree where they had found it. Raven got a quick shiver from the sight of the beetle and was glad she had talked them out of it. Just then she felt another contraction and groaned. They really were annoying. A few minutes later she felt another and let out another annoyed groan. She saw her husband walking over to her, looking quite out of breath.
“Hey, how're you doing?” asked Beast Boy.
“Okay, I guess,” she sighed.
“Bored?” asked Beast Boy, sitting down next to her.
“That and I keep feeling those stupid contractions,” said Raven. She felt another and let out a small yelp. “Oh, I wish they would just wait until I actually go into labor.”
Beast Boy smiled and gave her a kiss on the cheek. “Don't worry, she'll be here soon enough,” he said.
“Good God you're sweaty,” said Raven. “The game over?”
“Yeah,” said Beast Boy, relaxing on the bench.
“Who won?” she asked as another contraction hit.
“Cyborg and Alex,” said Beast Boy. “You know, I don't think it's fair that I can't have Alex on my team.”
“Well he's still… weaker than you, so Cyborg makes up… for that,” she said, having to pause as she felt two more contractions.
“Raven, are you sure you're okay?” asked Beast Boy, growing worried.
Raven paused and felt the baby kick her and fidget about. Then another contraction hit. “Uh oh,” said Raven.
“What?” asked Beast Boy. “Is it time?”
“I… I think so,” said Raven.
“Are you sure?” he asked, his heart racing.
“I'm pretty-ow! Yes, I'm sure,” she said as another hit.
“Oh, okay,” said Beast Boy, suddenly feeling panicked. “Stay put and I'll get the car ready.” And with that he sprinted off towards the parking lot.
Raven hoped that she was right and that this wasn't a false alarm, but two contractions later she knew that this was real. Beast Boy quickly ran back and helped her stand up. Her feet hurt and her back ached and she moaned as her husband escorted her to the car.
Once she was in Beast Boy quickly went back to tell the others about what was going on. The four Logan kids quickly followed their father back to the car so they could see their mother off. She told them that she was fine, but as she was a contraction hit and she gasped, making all four worry. They say goodbye, good luck, and with that Beast Boy quickly drove them to the hospital.
As they walked across the hospital parking lot Ravens water broke and now she was absolutely positive that the baby was coming. She was just glad she hadn't waited and let her water brake in front of her other children. Beast Boy would have been freaking out, if he hadn't been through this twice before, though it had been a while.
They made their way into the hospital and were let right in. Beast Boy had filled all the papers out previously and had had them in the car. He tossed them to the woman behind the desk and Raven was taken right up to a room.
This was the part she truly hated. It was exhausting and painful and wonderful all at the same time, because soon her second daughter and last child was going to be born. And the whole time Beast Boy would stand besides her and coach her on.
“How are you feeling? Do you need anything? Do you want the doctor? Is the bed comfortable enough?” asked Beast Boy, who only wanted the best for his wife.
“Oh, would you just shut up!” she yelled, feeling like he was smothering her. “Why don't you take a walk or something?”
“Are you kidding?” he said. “I'm not leaving.”
“Then be quiet,” moaned Raven. It was still a little too early for an epidural, so she was in quite a lot of pain.
After another hour finally she was given the shot, and her pain subsided. Beast Boy called the others and gave them an update. Since there were so many of them, they were only going to have the Logan children go to the hospital that day, then the rest could visit later. Cyborg volunteered to take the four kids, since he was used to being the wingman, to the hospital to wait.
Hour upon hour and now the time had come. Raven was finally ready to start pushing and what a relief it was. It would all be over soon. Beast Boy was as relieved as Raven, because he could finally stop running around like chicken with its head cut off and just wait for the birth of his last child.
“Okay, let's get this show on the road,” said the doctor. He was a young doctor and had a much better attitude than the other doctors Raven had had.
“Sounds good to me,” said Raven.
“With the next contraction push,” said the doctor.
“Trust me, I've done this enough to know what to do,” said Raven, getting ready.
“Alright, let's get your daughter out here,” said the doctor with a smile.
She waited and when the next contraction hit she held her breath and pushed with all of her might. The doctor counted to ten and then Raven released and breathed. He commended her and then told her to do it again. And thus the most exhausting part of the process began.
“The head's out!” said the doctor after what seemed an eternity to both Raven and Beast Boy. “Just a few more pushes.”
“You're almost done,” said Beast Boy, kissing his wife's head. “She's almost here!”
Raven was glad that the head was out, but that was the part that took the most out of her and she was ready to just give up. But she knew that that wasn't an option, so she had to push on. She took a few deep breaths and then pushed again. Everyone was cheering her on and she pushed again and again.
“She's out!” said the doctor and a few seconds later lifted the little girl into the air. Her mouth was cleaned out and she gave a cry, announcing that she was, indeed, here.
“That's it! You're done! She's here!” said Beast Boy, holding his wife's hand and kissing her.
The baby was quickly cleaned and wrapped up in a warm blanket then handed over to her mother. Raven took her little daughter into her arms and finally let out a smile. She looked just like her brothers and sister did before her when they were born. She was moaning and grunting and her little fingers felt around, since her little eyes weren't ready to open yet.
“Thank God,” was all Raven was able to say.
Alex was sitting in one of the chairs in the waiting room, as well as Arielle. The twins were sitting on the floor playing with a few toys that were kept in a bin in the corner of the room. Cyborg was looking at a few odd pictures that were hanging on the walls and trying to figure out what they were of.
Finally the doors opened and Beast Boy poked his head through. He saw his kids and Cyborg and let out a large smile. “Hey guys,” he said, announcing his presence.
All the kids looked up and smiled, then there came a round of, “Daddy!” They each jumped up and ran over to him. He embraced each of them and then saw Cyborg come over as well.
“So is she here?” asked Aaron, excitedly.
“Yup, you're little sister's here,” said Beast Boy with a large smile. All the kids smiled and hugged him again.
“How's Raven?” asked Cyborg.
“Good,” said Beast Boy. “Tired, but good.”
“Can we see her?” asked Arielle.
“Yeah, that's why I came out,” said Beast Boy. “She wants to see you and show you your sister.”
The four kids and Cyborg followed Beast Boy down the quiet hallway to Ravens room. He opened the door and held it for the kids. They were each trying to hold back their smiles, but failed when they saw their mother in bed with their little sister in her arms.
“Hi,” said Raven with a tired smile.
“Hi mumma,” they all said as they made their way over to the bed. They took a good look at their sister and couldn't help smiling even wider.
“She's so little,” said Austin.
“She's like one of my baby dolls but real,” squealed Arielle.
“Are you okay?” asked Alex to his very tired looking mother.
“I'm fine, sweetheart,” said Raven with soft smile. “Just exhausted.”
“What do you think, Cy?” asked Beast Boy proudly.
“You've done it again,” said Cyborg, shaking Beast Boy's hand. “I don't know how, but you've produced more kids than me and Robin combined.
“What's her name?” asked Aaron.
“Well, your father and I were talking it over,” said Raven. “And her name is Anna-lee Arella.”
“Arella?” said Austin.
“Yes, after my mother,” said Raven.
“Like how my middle name is after daddy's mother,” said Arielle with a smile.
“That's right,” said Raven with a smile.
“Kinda a mouthful,” said Alex.
“What is?” asked Beast Boy.
“Her name,” said Alex. “Anna-lee Arella Logan.”
“You don't like it?” asked Raven.
“No, I really do,” said Alex with a smile. “It's cool, it's strong, it demands attention. It's perfect!”
They all smiled and the little Anna-lee fidgeted in her mother's arms. She soon cuddled against her mother and fell back asleep. All the children awed and giggled at the same time. Yes, they definitely liked their little sister already.