Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ The Return of the Beast Within ❯ Making a comeback ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWO
 
The next morning, Beast-Boy woke up really early at hit the gym where he had been lifting heavy weights for an hour without stopping, and if he got tired, he changed into a gorilla for more power. Eventually he stopped and decided to get some breakfast.
 
Cyborg entered the lounge sniffing the air, with the others close behind him. “Yo' what smells so good?” he asked.
 
Suddenly, everyone stopped and realized that it was Beast-Boy over at the stove, cooking bacon, sausages and ham. What surprised everyone even more was, none of it was vegetarian meat… it was the real deal!
 
“Uh… morning Beast-Boy…” Robin said.
 
Beast-Boy didn't turn around, but he held up two fingers in the peace-sign. “Yo…!” he simply said.
 
There was a brief moment of silence as the other blinked their eyes in amazement. “Uh… did he just say, Yo…?” asked Raven.
 
Beast-Boy's head gave a slight throb, and he eyes narrowed, But he didn't bother to lash out at his friends and served them and all meat breakfast… including a helping for himself. The others all stared at him as he ate through his dish. “What…?”
 
Robin questioned him. “Uh, Beast-Boy… you're a vegetarian… and that's a whole pound of meat you're eating.”
 
“Or were eating…” added Cyborg motioning to Beast-boy's now empty plate.
 
“Are you feeling okay?” Terra asked.
 
Her husband picked at his teeth. “I'm fine… I just decided I needed a little change.” he said. “Time to join the crowd, and get with the picture. Things change after all.”
 
He got up and scrapped his plate and passed by the table on his way out. “Beast-Boy, aren't you forgetting something?” and she pursed her lips slightly expecting him to kiss her, but he just walked right by as if he hadn't heard her. “Sorry… gotta' hit the gym some more.” he said and he was gone.
 
“Does this mean he will not be having seconds?” asked Starfire holding out her empty plate, but the others didn't respond. Not only had he just eaten a full course of meat, he had also just said “Things Change.” his two most hated words of all.
 
“What's going on here?” Terra asked.
 
“I think I know what it is…” said Robin, and he gave everyone an expression that turned their bloods cold. Even Copy-Cat who had never seen it before, but read Robin's mind with his foresight could see what was wrong.
 
 
Beast-Boy was in the gym pushing himself harder than ever, desperately trying to get rid of the bad memories that flooded his mind. Not just his dark past life, or Terra at High-school… but when he himself when to high school and had a run-in with Terra's two ex-friends; Jackie and Jillianthe trouble-maker team.
 
It was bad enough they tried to come between him and Terra when he first saw that Terra was back, but when Beast-Boy had tried to change himself back into his regular self, Garfield Logan; who had a high IQ… he was treated way worse.
 
“What a geek!”
 
“No way we want that nerd in the music club.”
 
Beast-Boy grew madder the more he remembered of those two little sneaks. They would do anything to try and gain popularity, no matter who it was that they hurt, or the trouble they caused.
 
The two were in jail, serving twenty to twenty-five years for when they tried to kill Beast-Boy and Terra's adopted Grandmother on that bridge with a motion-sensor bomb. They committed Hi-jacking a chopper, dealing with dangerous chemicals… and destroying government property; the bridge.
 
Yet he could still see their ugly faces in the punch-bag laughing at him, mocking him, and telling him to keep away from Terra. “Get lost kid!”
 
“Beat it, twerp!”
 
Beast-Boy growled angrily as he punched at the two images, and then he changed into a man-eating wolf and tore the punching-bag to shreds.
 
 
While in the lounge… “No way…!” Terra cried. “Beast-Boy…? My Beast-Boy?” she asked.
 
The others nodded for they had just been telling her about what happened to Beast-Boy some time after she had been turned to stone. How Beast-Boy got covered in chemicals that messed with DNA, and caused him to act weird and almost intolerable towards the others.
 
This also had the unexpected effect of creating a huge werewolf type beast inside of him that came out whenever he got so stressed out that it was just too much for him to handle.
 
“But you guys told me he was clean now…” replied Terra, “So shouldn't that beast thing or whatever be gone.”
 
“I somehow doubt there is such a possibility.” said Copy-Cat. “I have sensed the inner hidden thoughts that which Beast-Boy conceals within his mind. The chemicals may no longer be a threat, but I can sense very well that beast of which you speak of still dwells within him waiting to be unleashed again.”
 
Raven agreed with her boyfriend, “Yeah, Beast-Boy did tell me once that he could still feel it inside him.” she said. “But I've been having bad feelings about it ever since it first was revealed, and I think it's trying to make a comeback.”
 
This was a very serious matter. “Please… is there nothing that we can do for our friend?” asked Starfire. “I wish not to have to endure battle with him for fear of injuring him.”
 
“We all wish that, Star…” said Robin, “Cyborg… what do you suggest?”
 
Cyborg went over some of his old files stored in his computer-banks. “Well the nearest I can figure is… it's up to BB to keep that thing from coming out at us again.” he said. “The nearest I can think of is to keep him from stressing out.”
 
Everyone agreed that it was for the best.
 
 
Beast-Boy was lying on his bed in his room with one arm lad across his forehead and the other hanging off the edge of the bed. He was really having a bad day, and he only just began to realize what he had done that morning. “Dude… how could I have eaten meat… again?” he kept thinking to himself.
 
Just then, there was a knock at the door. “En-ter…” he called.
 
All the others were at the door and they were all inviting him out for a fun day. He leapt up from his bed feeling all giddy and excited. “Dude… I am so there.” he cheered.
 
The others were grateful to see the feeling back in hi again, but still… they planned to be very cautious around him, and try not to mention, or do anything that would bring too much stress on.