Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ The Return of the Beast Within ❯ Always be there. ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FIVE
 
“TITANS GO…!” shouted Robin, and the battle was on.
 
Robin went first and lunged at the beast, but missed entirely. Starfire fired her star-bolts and her eye-beams which did some damage, but when the dust had cleared she was smashed hard into the sewer-water by the angry beast.
 
Copy-Cat went next and extended his claws. Using his foresight to keep one-step ahead of the beast he managed to last much longer and land a few scratches, but the beast managed to grab Copy-Cat by the tail, whirl him round and around and throw him hard near where Terra was.
 
“Ooh… Ah!”
 
Terra helped him up. “You okay…?”
 
“I will survive…” Copy-Cat said. “I can sense your wishes Terra, and you will do battle!”
 
Terra once again refused to battle Beast-Boy, but that's when Copy-Cat touched her forehead and copied her form. “As I had said… you will do battle with him.” he replied and off he went to help Raven who was now battling the beast.
 
Copy-Cat, using Terra's powers, ruptured the ground below the beast causing it to fall down into a pit, and then Raven, “Azarath… Metrione… ZINTHOS!” used her powers to hold the beast in a barrier over the pit.
 
The beast struggled, but couldn't seem able to break out from the dark energy that sealed him in the pit. “Cyborg, cover him.” Robin said and Cyborg stood with his cannon poised to fire.
 
All the Titans huddled over, and Copy-Cat changed back into his normal form. The beats looked up through the barrier, and he stopped at Terra, which triggered more bad flashbacks…
 
“You can't follow me around everywhere.”
 
“Oh yes I can!”
 
“NO! You can't come in here! Girls only…!”
 
“What are you running from?”
 
“I'm not running from anyone. Go home!”
 
“Not until you agree to talk to me!”
 
“You've got Two minutes!”
 
 
All that anger was making the beast feel stronger, and he actually began to dig deeply into the solid rock, and tunnel his way out of the barrier. “How did he get out of that?” Raven asked all shocked.
 
“Never mind that… go after him.” Robin said.
 
The chased the beast back down the pathways all over again, and this time found that he had smashed a hole in one of the solid rock-walls which lead to a set of catacombs. Familiar catacombs that the Titans knew all too well…
 
“Why would he come down here?” Cyborg asked.
 
Starfire shivered, “This place… it still gives me… the creeps.”
 
Terra suddenly had a keen idea on where the beast was heading. “Follow me… we can cut him off.” She said, and the others followed her eager to get to the bottom of what was going on.
 
They followed Terra until they had arrived at the remains of her old pedestal from when she was turned to stone, and the plaque was still there too. Raven felt really confused, “I still don't see how--”
 
“Shh… wait…” Terra said. “You feel that…?”
 
Bits of dust were falling from the ceiling as the caves rumbled with the heavy sound of footsteps getting as the beast closer and closer. Suddenly, there it was and looking angrier than ever before. “Titans… Go!” Robin ordered. The others were ready to rush in, but Terra quickly stepped in. “No, stop!” she said.
 
The others stopped, and that's when she went after the beast on her own. “Terra… No!” Robin said.
 
“No, Robin…” Copy-Cat says, “Let her go. I feel that I am beginning to understand her plan.”
 
Everyone watched in horror as the beats angrily picked Terra up and glared at her with its huge eyes blazing with furry. It growled softly but deeply at her. “Beast-Boy…” Terra called to him. “It's me… Terra…”
 
She went on explaining about all the hardships they had endured to get to where they were today, including their “Things Change trauma. Now they were married, and even though the past couldn't be changed, let alone forgotten… “The future is still ours!”
 
A queer look came over the beast's face. He held Terra up higher over his head and looked deeply into her eyes that were now dripping with tears. “Beast-Boy, please…” she begged. “Come back to me!”
 
A brief moment of silence happed as the beast looked the young woman deep in the eyes, and another set of flashbacks occurred.
 
Terra and Beast-Boy looking out for each other when he enrolled at Murakami-High as Garfield Logan.
 
Her coming back to the tower to be a permanent member of the team, and all the dates they went on, and the numerous times they played “Make-out Madness”
 
Finally, they're wedding-day. He was ringing her finger, and kissed her softly. They were second pair of Teen Titans to marry since Robin and Starfire, and it was an event that no one would forget.
 
 
“Beast-Boy… please… I love you.” She blinked her eyes, and two of her tears of true-love fell onto his face “GRRRAAAAARRRRHHH…!” the beast's body glowed brightly.
 
The other titans shielded their eyes from the bright lights, and Terra fell to the ground, and the bright lights even disintegrated the remains of her pedestal, plaque and all. When the lights had vanished there was Beast-Boy back to normal, with his uniform still shredded, and he exhaustedly fell to the ground hiding his face in his arms and shaking fearfully.
 
 
The next night, after Beast-Boy had fully rested up and donned a new uniform. All the other titans, who had gone to bed, were very glad that he was back to his old self again, and that he didn't cause many damages.
 
Still, he felt most disturbed that the beast had shown itself again; so disturbed that just like before, he was outside near the shore of the island-rock gazing at his reflection on the water.
 
Terra came out to join him. “Beast-Boy…? You okay…?”
 
Her husband didn't even turn around. “I remember…” he said. “I remember… he came back; the beast. I let myself lose control, and he was unleashed.”
 
Terra sat down beside him. “It wasn't all your fault…” she said to him. “Anyone who's lived a life as traumatic as yours would've lost control. Besides… you didn't actually hurt me.”
 
Beast-Boy knew she was right. It turned out that what little control he had left while as the beast, wanted to make sure that at least Terra was safe. “I just couldn't let him hurt you. Even after all that we've been through.”
 
Then he sighed, “I can still him. He's still inside me, and he'll be back. I just know he will be.”
 
“So…? Then we'll all just stop it over and over.” Terra said, “We'll find a away to free you from it one day. Just like you said, I wouldn't be a statue forever, and I'd come back to you.”
 
Her husband smiled. “Yeah… I guess your right.”
 
His wife smiled back at him and they shared a soft kiss. Then Terra snuggled close, resting her head on his shoulder and they just sat there enjoying the blissful sounds of the night.
 
Beast-Boy… Garfield Logan! He was no ordinary boy. He was a mutant with an extraordinary, but costly gift. Among them was that werewolf beast. As long as Beast-Boy would remain to be tortured by his traumatic and heartbreaking past, the beast would always be ready to return and finish what it started.
 
Beast-Boy felt so happy to have loving friends, and Terra as his wife. They were all being very brave and tolerant to put up with and help him through life… just like all heroes should be.
 
For as things may change, and in some cases end up costing you what you really love. Always remember… Some things never change!
 
Author's notes:
 
I thought I might point out…
 
The reason I wrote this story is because like most Teen Titan fans I too was horribly burned by THINGS CHANGE being the last episode and Beast-Boy getting hurt like that. It was just too sick…
 
Now here I am… tortured by THINGS CHANGE day after day, and through the nights. I've tried everything but it just won't let me be…
 
Some how… some day… I really hope BB and Terra get back together, and this time… forever. My very sanity, and the sanity of others depends on it.
 
(Sighs)I hate Changes!