Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ The Return of the Beast Within ❯ Follow that Beast ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FOUR
 
People in the park began to run in panic and fear as the huge beast let out a mighty ROAR!
 
Terra quickly whipped out her communicator. “Terra calling Titan's Tower…!”
 
“Robin here… what's wrong?”
 
“Beast-Boy got too stressed out. He's already changed.” Terra told him.
 
“All right… we're on our way. You have to try to keep him at bay until we arrive. No matter what happens… don't let him get loose on the city.” and he signed off.
 
Keep him at bay? That was way easier said than done. This meant Terra would actually have to fight against the Beast who was really her husband deep down inside. She couldn't do that… but she knew she had to because the beast was already dashing towards her with its huge fists ready to swipe at her.
 
She jumped out of the way, but did not use her powers to attack at all. “Beast-Boy!” she called at him trying to reach out to him. “Beast-Boy you have to fight it off!”
 
The beast simply attacked her again, and she dodged him again, but still made no attempt to fight back. She just didn't have the heart to hurt him. So she continued to dodge him, but she couldn't keep that up forever.
 
Finally the beast grabbed her. “Ah! Hey… put me down!” but he didn't and began to leap for the exit and ran past the Titans who were just arriving at the scene. “TITANS… GO!” cried Robin, “Follow him…!”
 
The chase was on.
 
Cybog fired his Sonic-cannon, trying to slow the beast down but the beast just repelled the blasts with his huge arm like they were baseballs. Robin fired his disc-bombs, but they didn't even faze the beast.
 
Copy-Cat cat could see up ahead, “Stop firing…!” he said. “The beast is holding Terra!”
 
The others gasped. “TERRA…!” Robin called over to her. “Terra… you've got to fight back!”
 
Terra heard Robin, but she still made no attempts to use her powers. She wasn't hurt anyways, but she did want to know just where Beast-Boy was taking her.
 
The others continued to chase him through town. Raven tried using her powers to set up roadblocks, but the beast just leapt up and over each of them, and whenever the Titans tried to corner it and trap the beast within a dead end alley, the beast somehow managed to escape and take to the rooftops.
 
The Titans chased the beast all the way to the top of the tallest building in town, but they couldn't find it anywhere. “Oh, dear…! We have lost them!” Starfire said irritably.
 
“No, not quite we haven't…” said Cyborg. He checked his wrist computer, “I think I can still get a lock on BB's communicator and Terra's too. Uh-Oh…”
 
The others didn't like the sound of that. “Uh-Oh…?” Raven asked not really wanting to know what the problem was. Cyborg showed them his computer. He only had a lock on Terra's communicator, and the blinking dot seemed to have stopped moving… but Beast-Boy's was no where on the map.
 
Robin though it was odd that Terra had stopped moving, “Where is she? We've got to find her.”
 
 
Terra was tied up on a spire on another tall building where she was much to far from the ground below to bring forth any rocks. Her hands were also tied up much too tight, so she couldn't break free either. However, breaking free didn't seem to be the biggest issue on her mind.
 
When the other Titans found her, freed her, and questioned her about what happened. “He did this to me…” she said referring to Beast-Boy. “He just tied me up and ran off, but he didn't even hurt me or try to.”
 
“Did you see where he had escaped to?” asked Copy-Cat.
 
Terra nodded, and answered. “I saw him leap down to the street and through that manhole down there… but I have no idea where he is now or what he's up to.”
 
Starfire suggested, “Perhaps we are to go down into the street, and investigate?” and the others all agreed, and bounded down to the street through the manhole and into the sewers. “So this is what the underground of earth cities are like…” said Copy-Cat who had never before seen the sewers before
 
“Unfortunately yes…” Raven said. “Smelly, rotten, and filled with dead rats…!”
 
Cyborg tried to scan around for Beast-Boy's communicator-signal, but it still showed nothing. “That things could've gone anywhere.” He said motioning to all three the tunnels that lay before the team.
 
“We'll have to split up…” said Robin said. “Starfire, come with me. Raven and Copy-Cat, you got together, and Terra you pair up with Cyborg.”
 
The team called “BREAK!” and off they went, down the tunnels, and across the paths. Raven wasn't able to make psychic contact with the beast, and Cyborg still couldn't scan for it anywhere. Worse of all it got darker and darker the deeper they went. At least Starfire had her star-bolts to serve as a lantern, and Cyborg had his shoulder flashlight. Raven of course was guided by Copy-Cat who used his foresight to guide them.
 
Suddenly, Terra and Cyborg heard something; the sound of something growling. “Hey! I'd know that growl anywhere.” Terra said. “Come on!” and she hopped on a rock and zoomed down the tunnel. “Yo' girl, wait up…!” called Cyborg as he fired up his jet-boots and rocketed after her.
 
They came to the end of the tunnel, where it was brighter now, and there it was. “Yo' Titans… we found him.” Cyborg said into his communicator. “Get down here quick.”
 
The beast turned, and roared at them angrily. “Beast-Boy…” Terra called to him still trying to reach out to him, but the beast finally began to attack her, and Cyborg. Terra leapt out of the way leaving Cyborg to wrestle with the huge monsters.
 
“Yo' Terra… I could use a little help here!” he cried.
 
“But… I can't!” she said to him. “I just can't hurt him.”
 
“Yeah…? Well I got news for ya' girl… if you don't stop him he'll stop us for sure.” replied Cyborg. “I know it's BB under here but we can't let him loose like this.”
 
WHACK! The Beast socked Cyborg hard and smashed him into the wall just as the others titans broke in. “Cyborg…!” cried Robin and then he angrily turned to the beast. “All right Beast-Boy… we hoped it wouldn't come to this, but you left us no choice.”
 
This was it. In order for the Titans to save their friend, they would have to battle him. Hopefully Beast-boy would come to his senses and change back, but only time would tell.