Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ When it All Falls Apart ❯ Consequence of Love ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2:
Consequence of Love
 
 
 
A/N: So this is chapter 2. It's from Beast Boy's pov. The next chapter may not be up for a while. I'll be out of town for a week at a funeral for my uncle and I'm not sure that I'll be ready to write again when I come back. If you don't like this chapter tough. Right now I do not care. I'm sorry if I sound mean, it's just that the closer the funeral gets the worse I get. Any way here it is.
 
 
She had to be joking. There was no possible way that what she was telling him could be true. Even though Gar knew that she did not joke and rarely lied, he found himself desperately hoping that she was currently playing the world's worst joke on him. Please let that be the case. Please God let her lying.
 
 
He wasn't expecting this. When she'd come to him to tell him the reasons behind her strange actions for the past two weeks, he'd expected her to say that her emotions were acting up, or worse case scenario, that Trigon had found a new way to conquer the universe. At the very least he'd been expecting her to dump him, tell him it was over. But this…this completely blindsided him.
 
 
A baby. She was having a baby. More specifically she was having HIS baby. He, Garfield Logan had gotten Raven `Rachel' Roth pregnant. He was the one responsible for impregnating one of the most powerful young women he knew. Holy Crap.
 
 
But she couldn't be pregnant. She just couldn't be. They'd been so very careful. He clearly remembered being with her as they went out and bought every pill, every contraceptive that they could possibly find. They'd done everything right. They'd done everything that people who were having sex were supposed to do in order to avoid this exact situation. Everything.
 
 
He asked her multiple times if she was sure. Had she taken every test correctly? Yes. Had the OB/Gyn done her job properly? Yes. With each affirmative his heart sank lower and lower until it was eventually swimming in his stomach. This was serious. She wasn't joking. This was not a test. They were pregnant.
 
 
He wasn't ready for a baby. He was seventeen. He wasn't even legally old enough to vote or drink and yet he was going to have a baby. This wasn't right. Wasn't fair. This wasn't what he wanted or what he'd planned.
 
 
How would he raise a baby? How would he feed it, clothe it? How would he be able to buy all the things a baby needed to live? He had no formal schooling and no real job training. Hell he was still very much a baby himself.
 
 
What about his powers? Would they pass onto this child? (He wasn't ready to acknowledge it as his baby just yet). Would the child be green like him? Or would it be porcelain pale like her? What about the disease that was the catalyst for his powers? Would that affect the child as well? Would it even has his powers or would it inherit all of hers? If so would it have her issues, her restrictions, her fears?
 
 
Could he still be a Titan? What would the others say? Would Robin, who wore his morality like a badge, berate him and then kick him out? Would Starfire be upset at the distress and pain he unwittingly going to put her `sister' through? Would Cyborg still want to hang out with him like before? Or would he treat him differently once he learned that Gar truly was as dumb as he thought? Would he still be able to go off and fight knowing that a pregnant Raven was being left behind; or that a helpless child was awaiting his return?
 
 
What did he know about kids anyway? Sure he acted like one most of the time but that still didn't make him an expert on child rearing. He didn't know the first thing about raising a baby. Feed it, change it, clean it, he wasn't prepared to do any of the above. And he didn't know the first thing about being a father. All he had to go by were some deeply repressed memories of his father; a smile a hug, a laughing voice. But nothing that dealt with raising a child.
 
And it wasn't like he knew much about family either. His family was the Titans and…the Doom Patrol.
 
 
The Doom Patrol. How could he tell Steve and Rita that he'd knocked up his teenage girlfriend, who by the way they hadn't even met? He could already see the disappointment in their eyes. They would be so devastated. He couldn't tell them about this. They couldn't know how badly he'd screwed up.
 
 
The thoughts stopped racing around his brain for an instant and his eyes were drawn back to the girl in front of him. She stood there before him, her gray cloak drawn tightly around her, as if she was trying to hide in its depths. Her violet hair, which was little past her shoulders, fell across her face, while her large jarcanda blossom eyes latched onto his. They were imploring him to say something, anything. She wanted his reassurance, his acceptance of this news he realized. He could smell her desperation; her fear and (if he inhaled deeply enough) he thought he could faintly smell the faint scent of another within her. She was waiting for his response, his acknowledgement. But this was all too much right now and he had nothing to say to her to make this okay. So he did the only thing that felt right. He turned and walked away.
 
 
A/N: So before everyone begins to call for my head I would like you all to stop and think for a moment. How many teenage boys do you know are excited when their girlfriend tells them she's pregnant? I don't know one, if any. Hence Gar's reaction. Will he come around and come back? I'm not too sure. Right now I'm not even sure if I'll have Raven keeping this baby. As much as I like happy endings, I am also a realist and realize that not all stories get a happy ending, even when I'm the one writing them. I'll see how the next couple chapters go before I decide. Review and respond if you please. And be nice. I'm grieving and grief does NOT make me nice.