Tekken Fan Fiction ❯ Dirty Blood ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
      Dirty Blood Chapter Five       “Who was that?” inquired Jin from his oaken hallway, clad only in a beige robe.     “Can’t say as I know,” Nina replied, “There was a helluva lot of noise on the other side, though. It was pretty incoherent.”     The Japanese youth shrugged in response. “Anyway…” he began, “you mentioned business.”     “Oh, that’s right!” Nina had spaced out the reason she was there. “I forgot I came to talk shop…my laptop’s in the Saturn. Be right back!”     Jin shook his head as his partner speed-walked out the door.
 
    “Now, how could she have escaped?” Heihachi pondered alongside a Zaibatsu scientist. This question triggered her wake.     A red light had greeted Julia’s now-opened eyes. Restrained on a gurney by cuffs, she was in a small laboratory, illuminated red entirely by the aforementioned light. It gave her the feeling of a photo lab. Several small computers, medicine chests, counters, and assorted equipment took residence in the room. She quickly closed her eyes, so as not to alert the attention of Heihachi or the scientist.     “I haven’t a clue, sir. Could she have perhaps…stolen the keys off one of your guards when the opportunity to accomplish such a task had arisen?” suggested the scientist.     The Zaibatsu owner sighed in frustration. “No, you verbose moron. Her cell door is activated by a keypad!” snapped Heihachi, sparking a huff from the scientist.     The old man paced back and forth. “You know…” he thought aloud, “Heiro Kino did have a few beers before his shift tonight, as that alcohol test I arranged can attest to. His shift was on the floor of Chang’s cell...” He turned suddenly to the scientist.     “Hey, Professor Chiba…” addressed Heihachi, revealing the scientist’s name, “you think that Chang….I don’t know, seduced Kino into letting her out before passing out or something?”     Julia stifled an intensely disgusted scoff at the suggestion.     “Doubtful, sir,” Chiba began, “Heiro Kino’s unconscious body was too far away from Miss Chang’s cell; it’s likely he passed out before even reaching her. Besides, even if your theory were correct, Chang would’ve been unable to move his body with her condition…and there would be little point in simply dumping him there anyway.”     “Well, then…I suppose you’re right,” Heihachi settled for his deductions. “And all the other guards on that floor were unconscious too…with little or no presence of any alcohol in their systems…oh.” Heihachi’s face grew an unsettling expression.     “Sir?” asked Chiba, slightly unsettled from the look on his face.     “I think I know the cause of all this,” stated Heihachi coolly, his expression intensifying, “and I think I’m gonna go deal with it.” Heihachi proceeded to abruptly leave the lab, only to be halted by one of his soldiers.     “Sir!” he shouted.

  “Yes?” growled Heihachi impatiently, “what is it?”     “I am letting you know that the homing operation you had set up is working quite nicely,” informed the soldier.     Heihachi folded his arms. “Tell me more,” he ordered.     “Well,” he began, “we had Tomoya Motoki inserted a tracking device under the car of Kazama’s blonde friend, whom we identified as Nina Williams. Fluids found in Marshall Law’s body indicate he was shot by a tranquilizer dart, which we believe is her doing. Tomoya is following her directly, but we placed the tracker under her vehicle for backup purposes.”     Williams? thought Heihachi, just what is her interest in all this? She doesn’t still have it in for me, does she? “Uh, I see!” Heihachi snapped back to reality, “and where was she while you pulled this off?”     “She was on the roof of the hangar, executing her stunt with her tranquilizer gun.” He answered.     “And why didn’t you try to directly track Kazama?” questioned Heihachi.     “Well, sir, Kazama took the bus home, accompanied by a large crowd. Trying to track him would’ve looked too suspicious.” answered the soldier.     “That’s understandable,” noted Heihachi,” anyways, go on.”     “Yes, sir. Tomoya tracked Williams to her home, where she was overwhelmed by a small crowd of girls. After shooing them, she left her home with, for unknown reasons, a white sheet and a black wig.”     Heihachi raised a brow. “And where is she now?”     “She…is at Kazama’s house, sir. He has been living in a house nestled in the mountains. Tomoya parked his van in the cover of trees and is currently spying on them. From his vantage point, Tomoya states that Williams has gotten into her car, and Kazama is alone in his house. The coordinates are locked.” The soldier reported.     “Excellent!” Heihachi flashed a smile.     The soldier cleared his throat. “We await further orders from you, sir.”     “Yes, yes, of course!” Heihachi spoke eagerly. “Contact Tomoya, and tell him to sneak inside the house. Williams might come back, so make sure he overhears their plans. And I know it’s not part of the plan…but if he has the opportunity…make sure it is to be done.”     “Sir?” the soldier looked curiously at the older man.     Heihachi cleared his throat. “If Kazama is alone, have Tomoya ambush him and bring him back to us. If Williams should intervene, Tomoya must dispose of her. Once again, I realize it’s going against the plan…but if it works, we won’t have to stall any longer, and we can draw this stupid tournament to a close. Remember…Tomoya must make sure Williams is gone before commencing this plan. Is that all clear?”     Julia bit her lip at that revelation, praying internally for Jin’s safety. Worriment still nagged her, even though her faith in Jin’s abilities was a powerful force.     “But sir…that could be dangerous,” he warned, “are you sure Tomoya is ready?”     “If all goes according to plan, he will be.” Heihachi found comfort in his confidence of Motoki Tomoya, refusing to think otherwise.     “Go now, quickly,” ordered Heihachi, “there’s not a moment to waste. And send a backup squad to Jin’s location, just in case.”     “Understand, sir,” the soldier nodded once, and was off.     “Oh, and Professor Chiba?” called Heihachi.     “Y-yes?!” Chiba jumped, surprised from the sudden addressing of his name.     “That wonderful muscle suppressant you used on Miss Chang…make more of it. It will be very useful in the approaching future.”     Chiba nodded quickly. “Of course.”     Heihachi sauntered off, flashing a twisted smile. So, Nina Williams wants to play, too. he thought. This could only get better.
 
    “Roger, over ‘n out,” whispered Tomoya into his mic.     From the side of Jin Kazama’s home, he observed Nina Williams step into her silver Saturn. He discovered that Jin’s bedroom window, which Tomoya was standing right next to, slid open easily. Luckily for him, it bordered the living room that Jin happened to be occupying. His capture was about to begin. Smiling, he held up an electroshock rifle and slowly opened the window.
 
    “Where is that frickin’ laptop?! I know I didn’t leave it at home…just hope those stupid bitches didn’t...ugh!” Nina screeched in irritation over her missing laptop. Placing her keys on the driver’s seat, she widened her search to the back, squeezing in between seats.     “Gotcha!” she grabbed the laptop from under the backseat. Her excitement, as well as her struggle to fit through, however, had caused her feet to jerk, knocking the keys out of the car. She sighed, squeezing back through the two front seats. She placed the laptop where her keys had been, and crawled backwards out of her seat to locate them.     She sighed again as she blindly fingered around under the car, feeling only gravel. She decided that lowering her head and using her eyes to assist the search would lead to a better outcome.     As soon as Nina lowered her head to the ground, she noticed a faint green light emitting from under her Saturn. Curiously (and rather impulsively), she ripped the source of the light from under her vehicle.   She peered at it, and, to her horror, noticed a radar on the small device. This could only mean one thing!     “Motherf-”
 
    Tomoya Motoki, slipping through the window with the utmost of caution, surveyed Jin Kazama’s simple bedroom. It consisted of a King-sized bed with a wooden frame, a mirror over a chest of drawers, a large oak cabinet, and a nightstand on which a lamp rested.     “How annoyingly primitive,” remarked Tomoya, carelessly allowing his stun gun to slip down to the (also) wooden floor.    
 
    Jin’s head wheeled back at the sound of a loud thud in his bedroom. Intensely curious, he ignored the loudly ringing phone as he ventured to the site of the noise.     Nothing appeared unusual from the archway of his room.     He crept further in. Something caught his eye in the mirror…crouched down by his bed…     Jin spun around to react, but was immediately greeted with thousands of volts of electricity.     He collided to the floor, causing the lamp on his nightstand to also fall and shatter.     Tomoya smiled from his loosely-fitting helmet. “And this is the so-called mighty warrior that conquered Toshin?” He sighed incredulously, and hoisted the unconscious youth over his right shoulder.     “Oh, well,” he said, “least I can use the front door.”     As he did just that, he found out that doing that was a tragic mistake.
 
    His eyes widened in surprise to find Nina Williams flying straight at him feet first, Beatrix Kiddo-style.     The impact upon Nina’s heel connecting with his chest caused Tomoya to drop Jin, his taser, and sent his helmet flying.     He did not go flying, though, as Nina’s hand was gripped tightly to his right leg.     With a grunt, and all her might, she pulled back, causing it to snap! Tomoya yelped. Nina had yet to be finished, though.     She crossed his left leg with his fractured right, and turned him over to his back. He bit his lip, bracing himself for what was about to happen.     With even more force than before, she broke both of his legs, in turn making him emit an even louder cry.     She got up and left her helpless victim, seeing her Japanese partner sprawled on the floor.     “Jin!” she called, before lifting his head up. “Damn,” she observed, “what did he do to ya?”     She picked up his heavy form and gingerly put him to rest on the nearest couch.     By that time, the wounded Tomoya had crawled to a corner nearest to his taser, hoping to blast his attacker before it was too late.     But it was.     Nina was hovering over him already.     She shook her head, and the last thing he saw before blackness was the bottom of Nina’s black leather boot swiftly advancing on his face.
 
    “You’ve returned to us,” greeted Nina as Tomoya’s eyes came into focus. The throbbing pain in his legs had reminded him that she had just broken them. This also sparked the realization that Tomoya was tied to a dining chair.     “Man,” Nina continued, “Jin’s still out. You shocked ‘im pretty good.”     Tomoya noticed the taser on a counter, desperately thinking of a way to retrieve it and blast the hell out of her.     The blonde, however, had traced his stare and seemingly read his mind, as she picked up the rifle.     “Now, now…if I wanted to fight anymore, you would’ve realized by already being dead.” She informed him.     “This is a neat little toy,” she remarked, holding the rifle in the air, “you should tell me where you bought it.”     She suddenly dropped the rifle very violently.     “Okay, I’m sick of beating around the bush. What the hell are you doing here? Judging by the very sloppy job you did of disabling Jin and then, well…getting your ass kicked so very hardly by yours truly…you’re obviously NOT here to try and capture him.” She told him. Tomoya stared angrily at his captor.     She held up the tracer, now smashed. “Looks like you were following me, but hey, guess it’s not happenin’ anymore.”     At this point, Tomoya flashed a grin. “Maybe not…but do you take me as completely incapable?” his grin broadened.     She looked at him suddenly, slightly nervous. He fed off of that.     “You may have destroyed that, but it won’t help you. If you surrender when the dozens of backup arrive, I’m sure they...actually, I’m sure they probably won’t kill you any less.” His grin blended into a grimace.     He spoke no further, and she stared blankly at him. The meaning of his words slowly engrained themselves in her brain.     Without a moment’s hesitation, she fiercely sent her fist into his face. The chair toppled over and he, once again, slipped into unconsciousness. Following that, Nina heard a moan echo in the other side of the room.     She hurried over to the couch to find Jin revived. She forced a tiny smile.     “Nina?” he started to recognize the blonde in front of him.     “Hey,” she greeted quickly, “Jin, there’s not a lot of time.”     Still slightly dazed, he looked around, and noticed the figure tied to an overturned chair. “Who’s that?” he asked.     “Jin…”     Jin looked at Nina, her face abnormally serious.     “Pack a bag.”  
 
  A/N: Well, as usual, Namco owns their respective characters (Jin, Nina, Heihachi, etc.) and I own my original ones. Thanks fer tunin’ in.