Tekken Fan Fiction ❯ Dirty Blood ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]








Okay then. Glad y'all like this, you're my inspiration! *waves to all* Thanks for the reviews, and for waiting! ^^;




Dirty Blood, Chapter 4



As sweat radiated his body, Jin shoved the covers of his silk sheets with his feet, placing a burning hand over his eyes.

You're okay....you're okay ...(sigh) am I really? I just don't know what to think anymore...

He pulled the chain on the lamp of his nightstand, taking a moment to get used to the light, and took a framed picture off.

It was taken around last year, a photo of them together. Jin had his arms wrapped Julia's slender waist, and his head resting on her left shoulder, grinning smugly. She, on the other hand, had her hand stretched behind his neck and smirked casually.

He remembered the lush greenery of the park they were in, as the picture was taken in front of a gigantic, squared bush. Jin and Julia first started dating around that time, remembering Xiaoyu's taunts and reminders that he was going to fall for her, though it wasn't that serious...up until now.

Yeah....I fell for her...madly...and look where it's gotten me! he said bitterly, I love, then I lose...Dam m it, I guess us Mishimas are doomed by fate, aren't we?!

He closed his eyes for a few minutes, before reopening them to calm down. (Sigh) I haven't lost her yet....but I feel lost...alone. Right now I can't talk to her, laugh with her, look at her...god, I'm so hopeless...

He spread out his body on the bed. I've got hope for you, though....we'll make it, Julia. We will. He placed the picture on the table, face-down, and closed his eyes for the night.
---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------

Inject her.

Excuse me, sir?

You heard me.

But, sir, you said we're not supposed to kil-

I'm not trying to kill her, you twit. I mean for you to DRUG her.

But, Mr. Mishima, sir, most of our drugs are lethal, fatal, or untested She could become disabled, or perhaps die.

JUST DO IT! Heihachi screamed, forcing him to the wall.

This isn' t your best option, sir, given h er body's weak as it is.

Then give her some of it and tone the rest down. It doesn't matter how you do it, you can shove it up your ass first for all I care, just make sure she receives it!

...Sir...you really shouldn't be making me do this. he left.

The elderly Mishima sauntered toward the girl sleeping gratefully in the surprisingly comfortable bed, and stroked her cheek.

Ah...so innocent...it's a wonder Jin chose you. You're so....perfect. He laughed once. Your body is so strong....there are so many things we could do with you while my grandson mopes about. You wouldn't mind that, would you? a twisted smile formed on his crusty lips.

Her eyes were closed. Her body was drained. But she was fine. Any more of his threats and teases and worthless prattle infused her with a strong urge to leap up and do to him what he had in store for her.

Julia didn't want to listen to Heihachi drivel on or go through anything else; that was obvious. But she was going to have to, so it was best to suck it up. Best pretend not to listen.

Heihachi would've taunted her further, had his loyal employee not interrupted by returning.

I still think you're not making the right decision.

Just do it so you can regret my actions later. I'm not a man of patience.

That doesn't help.

Inject it already, G od dammit .

He hesitated once, before rolling Julia's sleeve up and pushing the needle into her arm.

She was able to wince and moan very quietly, as it was all she could do (and all she WANTED to do, in Heihachi's presence) in res ponse to the add-on of the excruciating pain throbbing inside her body. The light moans demoted to that of cries barely below a whisper, before her consciousness was snatched away entirely ...
Night n ight, Jules!

----------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------

Jin's eyes shot open to the sound of a loud ring.

Ugh....who'd be calling this late-oh . It was nearly noon.

He reached for the phone, stopping to stand up the picture at the park, and brought it to his ear.

Uh, he said groggily.

Good morning, sunshine! Nina chirped enthusiastically on the other side, Sleep well?

Uh, he repeated.

That's wonderful! I hope you can have a relaxing shower, eat a delicious breakfast, and hurry over to the hangar really fast, because I'M GOING TO THROTTLE YOU IF YOU DON'T! she boomed, I'VE BEEN WAITING THREE HOURS FOR YOU TO GET HERE SO WE CAN PLAN THIS NEXT FIGHT OUT BEFOREHAND, AND IF YOU DON'T GET HERE FASTER THAN LIGHT, I'M GOING TO WHOOP YOUR SORRY ASS!


She hung up, much to Jin's relief. Okay... he quickly made his way out of bed and into the bathroom, with a gut feeling that he should be making his funeral arrangements right now.

But his curiosity was burning....who was he going to fight today that Nina was so concerned about?




...Marshall Law? Law...Marshall...Law...Law...Marshall... an incredulous Jin repeated tiredly, I don't get it. What's the big deal?

What's the big deal? mimicked Nina; It's Marshall Law! they said in unison.

.....We're getting nowhere. noted Jin.

I know.

Well, are we gonna continue getting nowhere?

Maybe.

Ugh, this is-

Going nowhere, we've learned that lesson, Jin.

You're so strange.

I know, I get it from you, sweetie. She pinched, and then slapped his cheek.

But seriously, what was the drama for?

You don't know Marshall Law in-depth. And, by looks of it, this time around, he seems....very in-depth...y. Nina watched the man perform somersaults on the other side of the Hangar's surrounding field..

Oookay. He pushed his hair back, letting his arms rest behind his head. Well, this guy's been an easy shell to crack before....

How do you know?!! He didn't even reach you the last time! Nina reminded.

...from what I've seen.

Nina shook her head. Seeing isn't believing, dude. This guy isn't a walk in the park. I know you want to get through this....but you have to have more experience on things like this.

He shrugged. I just think....see my enemy as no big deal. It helps....though I can't always expect the outcome to be the same...and please, the drama is not needed. He turned toward his foe.

...but I need to have someway to assure myself. It helps me think about the fight itself. Not what I'm fighting for. If I didn't, I'd probably be weeping about Julia instead of fighting. His eyes swelled up at the mention of the name he so longed to see in person again.

I'm very tired, though. His eyes fluttered.

She noticed. Jin had staggered like a zombie towards the hangar when he met up with her, and closed his eyes on and off continually.

Well, he got here okay...

Hey, you gonna be alright? Sleep seems to be the thing you need right now.


But okay doesn't describe him now.

Yeah, I'll live.

Well, you need to be more than alive at the moment, she advised, as the irritatingly familiar sound of WA-TAAH! carried through their ears.
If you hadn't made a phone call almost like a life or death situation... Jin let it hang.
Look, Jin, I know how you feel. It's hard, and we can kick everyone's asses. But really, stay focused. Do what you have to do that requires all your energy and concentration, and then use all your free time to let anything else burst out. You could start by hiding everything that reminds you of her.
Jin opened his mouth to speak.

Give me that 'Everything reminds me of Julia!' treatment and I'll slap you. Hard. Heh, just the little things. Something that's her favorite color, her favorite anything, that picture of her on your nightstand. . .

Jin gawked at her, wondering what kind of crap she was spouting.

...and after that, there's only the massive mental torment you'll have to face every night for a weeks, and once that's over...

...God, Nina, what is your problem?!

... Feel better? she asked, her bottom lip sticking out.

Yeah, a whole lot! Thanks! he spat direly, staring incredulously at the blonde before him.

She smiled warmly. Surprise I can do that to you, Anna always hated it..

In the midst of their discussion, a strange, silver, metallic van which easily failed an attempt to make a quiet entrance from behind the large hangar building arrived on the scene, pouring out armored men as if to be a team of S.W.A.T dispatched to the site of the terrorist.

Oh, well, that's my cue! Communications?

Jin reached his hand into his ear, (with difficulty because of the size of his fighting gloves) to feel the small, unnoticeable microphone which nestled itself inside. Check.

Okay, good. She nodded steadily, stroking the sides of her hair. I'll watch out for ya, gotta get some stuff first.

The Japanese nodded in a similar fashion. Yeah....thanks.

...kick his ass?

Surely.

Just remember that he WON'T be sensitive to your family jewels....

And you aren't?

Nina grinned proudly before turning around and sauntering off, discreetly ignoring the Tekkenshu marching past her.

She had just made it to the much shaded parking, inch by inch of the hangar's exterior filled up with countless people awaiting the exciting match to begin, causing her discretion to be further noted.

Aww, shit.

Kazama Jin is present and accounted for, sir, noted a Tekkenshu to his microphone, eyeing Jin as he walked casually towards his opponent with his hands in his pockets, once again with difficulty from his gloves.

Wonderful. Heihachi said extra dryly from the other side of the mike.

Oh, yes, there's also... he scanned the area for any sign of the blonde woman speaking to Jin earlier.

...what is it?

....never mind, sir. Over 'n out.

Hear that, fellas? smiled the old man after turning a red knob on his control panel, Daddy's home. Who wants to play with the new toy?

The Tekkenshu facing him cheered and applauded; their form of HELL YES!.

Their leader cracked his knuckles. Well then, let's set up the playhouse! The horde followed that by marching extravagantly out of the room to prepare for thei r fun time with the playmate.


Get up...

Julia shifted (as well as she could) and groaned, wishing for a dreamless sleep, yet in vain.

Wake up...it's time to get up, Julia...

She groaned again.

It's time for you to leave...wake up...

Julia lost her patience with the dark, gloomy voice that spoke to her, and fluttered her eyes open to banish it from her mind.

Everything was a haze...even after blinking, rubbing her eyes several times, and simply staring into space for a few seconds, everything was still a blur.

After a few minutes, she eventually came to, relieved that her vision was actually not impaired by the drugs.

She looked around her cubicle. The cot was built into the wall, consisting of a single, plain white pillow, blue quilt, and a small ventilation shaft built into the enclosed ceiling. A small silver toilet was walled-in in the exact fashion of the bed, though no sink accompanied it. Her glasses were dumped on the floor beside the cot, one lens broken.

As she picked them up, she noticed the steel sliding door, which, obviously, restricted her to this room.

...Uh?

Julia scratched her head and readjusted her eyes to the door, which had been slid open.

Ah, hell, the drugs had probably affected her eyes after all.

She wanted to check it out, anyway.

Excited, eager and curious, she slid off her cot, right before she let out a loud yelp and dropped to the floor.

She moaned, clinging desperately to the bed to pull herself up to a standing position...no use.

No...this can't be happening! Ugh, why me...

Her legs were marshmallows. They were immoveable, courtesy of the drugs.

She looked through the door way ...


********************************************************* ****

Jin Kazama....versus... Marshall Law! announced a Tekkenshu with excitement, as Law flexed his muscles and Jin groggily got into his fighting stance. The shrill cry of a whistle indicated the start of an exciting new match.


With some cheers as well as boos from the crowd, it was speculated by the majority that the match had gone to Marshall.

Law's knee met four times with Jin's chin, causing him to tumble forward. His quick ascent to the pavement sped up even more when he felt Law's already sweaty arms tighten around his neck and slam his body down . Jin wasn't going to be very successful from the looks of it.

*************************************************************< br>
Shit! Shit, shit, shit! Ugh! Nina threw a fit at all her bad luck. She slumped and sighed, wondering how Jin would fare without her supervision and how things could get worse. He had already won a tournament and had proven his skills were unmatched, but he didn't look like he could concentrate this time.

Do you mind, lady? she managed to hear a male-voiced complaint arise from the reasonably noisy crowd, Law's kickin' ass here!

Oh, no.

Oh, fuck! exclaimed Nina. She pushed the complainer to the ground, ignoring his Ow! The back of the crowd didn't t hough. Shhhh! they told him.

She took a pair of binoculars from her neck, and tried to peer past the crowd to catch the details of the battle.

Unfortunately, her already decent height coupled with the heels of her white boots couldn't compensate for the abnormally tall men blockading her vision.

The man, finding another reason to complain, stood up. You little bitch! Oh, you're so gonna deserve THIS! he warned, sending his fist in her direction.

Nina caught the incoming fist with her right hand without even turning to face the aggressor, twisting it ever so slightly per second. She continued standing on her heels while putting the binoculars to use with her left hand. The spectators' blocking of Nina's view began to infuriate her.

Dammit! Move yer fat asses outta the way! she commanded.

Shut your damn trap! and Deal with it, lady! We got here first! were only some of the responses she received, as Ow, ow, ow... from the man behind her echoed in the background.

Oh, screw it all! she concluded, yanking the man's arm away from her grip as she stormed off. OW! repeated the man , when Nina accidentally stepped on his foot as she walked away. The crowd silenced him with another Shhhh!

Nina backed herself to the outer hangar walls, honestly confused. It wasn't until the wall made a loud clanking noise that she realized she was standing right next to a drainpipe. She glanced up, then down. There was a pretty gigantic distance between up and down.


Oh, I'm ready for a challenge.


She dashed to her car 's trunk, pulling out a duffel bag to prepare for the impulsive decision she had just made.








The concrete was cold. Julia was fond of cold. She stopped for a moment to relax. For such a huge, rich, powerful company, the Mishima Zaibatsu looked like...well, it was hard to place a finger on that, but it didn't live up to its name or notoriety.

The walls and ceilings were built of steel, as were the numerous doors with small caged windows. Dark blue placards hung at their sides with room numbers, interestingly lacking any Braille. The concrete floor prevented harmony with the other settings of the repetitive hallways, and it slightly annoyed Julia. Countless bright, circular bulbs remained fixed above her, not far from many noisy air vents.


Julia made all these observations as she slid and squirmed along the halls, her legs as good as amputated. Did she want to escape? Yes, she did. Was she trying to? No, she had no ability. But anything was better than staying locked up in a cell.


As the sound of faint chatter drew closer, Julia pulled herself up against the wall. She stared at the door next to her, which was propped open with a doorstop. She managed to open it enough to barely squeeze through.


The dark stalls, metal sinks, and urinals implied that this was a restroom. A men's restroom, but it would do.


Five sinks on a dark blue counter were all lined up against the wall, each accompanied with a mirror of their own. Julia slithered towards the nearest one, collecting strewn about toilet paper on her jeans and shoes.


She removed her glasses, one lens broken, and cast them aside, turning the faucet for cold. She never cared for hot water, as the climate of Arizona had been scorching enough. She cupped it in her hands and let it run over her face. Hardly a remedy for all that she had just recently endured, but it was somewhat soothing.

Julia slipped into a stall dry to dry her face with toilet paper, as the dryer had been to high for her legs to lift her. She was glad she made that decision.


Along came the merry, yet gruff, humming of old man Mishima.


We're gonna have some fun tonight...hmm, what might this be?


Julia cursed quietly. She forgot to take her glasses off of the counter!


This is highly suspicious... blurted Heihachi through clenched teeth, ...feh, some moron at the research lab probably had an accident. Ah, well.

Julia stifled her heavy breathing as she heard a sharp crunch. The old man's jolly humming resumed as he made use of a nearby urinal and left abruptly.









Jin managed to land an uppercut on the Chinese-American as the latter dashed for him. He yelped and stumbled back slightly, before growling loudly and kicking him fiercely in the chest. The impact forced him to stumble backwards, and his legs slammed down to the concrete, like the rest of his body, with a sharp thud.

Jin had begun to hop up, if not for Law springing up on him and punching the living daylights of him.


The Japanese interrupted the American's succession of punches by grabbing his wrists, and pushing him to the side. They both hopped up simultaneously.

Jin took advantage of the nagging pain in Law's gut to deliver a sharp kick in his chin, and sent both fists at his cheeks. Another uppercut sent the American to the pavement. And, history repeated the last minute.








Ahhhfondmemories

Nina slowly hauled herself up the slim, slightly unstable drainpipe as she re collected her missions, back to when she was a powerful, (almost) unstoppable assassin. Scaling the sides of steep buildings was the easy part of it all.

Of course , it was four years since her last assignment, which required no scaling of steep buildings. Combining nineteen years of cryosleep, Nina hadn't climbed a building in over twenty years.

Ehno big deal she comforted herself, if I'm still breaking bones, then, no biggie

That culminated with the ex-assassin gasping , as she slid down the drainpipe 10 or 11 feet.

That'll teach me to speak


Nina stopped to catch her breath for a moment. The drop had given her a jolt. Nothing horrendous, however; she'd experienced greater dangers. She then felt a sudden adrenaline rush.

No more stopping.

Nina let out a growl before vigorously resuming her venture up the drainpipe.












The stall door slid open. Julia peered cautiously before letting go of her breath. Her vision was now and forever hindered thanks to the loss of her glasses.

Son of a bitch, murmured Julia, as she sat against the wall . Heihachi had impaired her even further. Ugh, what am I gonna do? How I am I gonna last?

Then something hit her.

That's it! she chirped. Julia had placed contact lenses in her pockets when she changed to fight off Heihachi's men. She pulled them out, bearing protection with a small plastic bag, and delicately slipped them into her eyes.

Though her vision had now improved, Julia had her doubts.

I won't be getting far in this tower at allbut I'll make it, far as I canno problem Julia assured herself as she slithered out of the bathroom, making sure the coast was clear.

It was clear, all right. Suspiciously clear.

Where IS everybody? Julia asked herself. Not a single guard was in sight. The labyrinth-like halls were deserted.

What could be distracting them?

The brunette knew very well that she was the last thing the Zaibatsu wanted gone, or, at least, one of the last. So why was nobody standing guard?

These questions only made Julia slither faster down the hall.








The distraction caused by Jin's lack of sleep had faded, and he was unleashing his might, full-force. The rising energy of the crowd helped immensely.

He delivered a sharp kick to Law's chest. That followed with a fist to his cheek, then another with Jin' s opposite hand. An uppercut sent his opponent tumbling to the ground.

While Law was downed, Jin (rather foolishly) seized the opportunity to scan the audience.

Energetic men and women cheered, and a horde of fangirls fawned over the youth , but someone important seemed to be missing.

Nina! spat Jin into his microphone (using it for the first time) under his breath.

Wat ch out, Jin! warned a face from the crowd.

Too late. Before the Japanese had any time to react , Law managed a somersault, hitting Jin squarely in the face.






Jin? called Nina. She had heard a muffled noise calling into her microphone .

The climb was over. Nina had successfully made it to the hangar's rooftop.
She wiped sweat off her brow, taking time to sling her duffel bag off her shoulder and toss it to the side .

This can't be good; she thought worriedly, judging by that sound, Jin's getting his balls handed to him. Better get to work.

Nina crawled carefully to her duffel bag. Not carefully enough.

Whoa!

She lost her balance and slipped off the roof

Not quite. H er hands had gripped onto a gutter, and she was safe.

Not for long, however. Nina looked down, squirming in an attempt get back on the roof.

Long way from up here

She swung forward, and gracefully flipped back onto the roof, wiping sweat from her forehead yet again.

You owe me one, Kazama.

Nina sprung to her duffel bag, holding it tightly, and pulled out some rope.
She stared at it thoughtfully for a moment.

Better make sure that doesn't happen again.

Acting quickly, Nina knotted one end of the rope around her leg, and the other around

Say she began, What the hell am I gonna tie this around?

She looked around. The roof of the hangar was vacant, excluding Nina, the rope, and her duffel bag.

Ugh! she grunted, slamming a fist down in frustration. Ow!

Her fist had been pricked by a large, sharp nail, standing erect.

PERFECT! she exclaimed, well, it won't hold for too long, but it'll do. She wasted no time in tying the other side of the rope around it.

Now, back down to business.

The blonde pulled a pair of binoculars out of her bag, and scooted down to the edge of the roof to sneak a peak at the fight down below.


Nina watched as Law somersaulted twice, knocking Jin on his back. The Chinese-American continued his rampage by stomping on the youth's chest.

Unphazed, Jin hopped up and dropped kick his attacker. Law managed to stay on his feet, and sent Jin to the ground again by bashing him in the gut with his knee.

Oh, shit , cursed Nina again, before looking to her bag once more.







Julia was startled when the merry sounds of chatter and cheering approached her eyes.

She poked her head to the source of the noise. The room was full of guards, noisily watching a huge screen.

So that's where they've been all this timewhat are they watching?

Even with the screen's large size, the clutter of guards and Julia's current disability prevented her from seeing the program.

Something clicked, though.

Shoutinglots of shouting Julia thought silently to herself for a moment.
Come on, Kazama, you can do better than that! boomed one voice. Don't let him beat you, Jin! screeched several others.

Jin! gasped Julia.

Several of the guards' heads whirled around, and Julia turned her head out of the doorway.

She started to hear clanking footsteps protruding from inside the doorway, and her body froze. There was no way out. She couldn' t move.

Closer and closer they came. She felt as if she was being devoured whole.

Ahahahahaha! cheered a guard, Jin's on the verge of losing it!

The footsteps then retreated back to mingle with the guards, and the merry laughter and conversation had resumed.

Julia sank against the wall. She had never been so petrified before.

She crawled past the doorway, and resumed her aimless wandering.







As the Zaibatsu guard had said, things weren't too hot for Jin. He'd been knocked down at least three times in a row, and had managed to intercept a punch from Law and fling his arm to the side, only to be greeted with another fist.

While Jin was dazed from the punch, Law grabbed Jin, and rolled him to the ground

Oh, god, he's gonna do it Nina cried worriedly from her view up top.

He did it. Law's fist made violent contact with Jin's most sensitive area, earning a large groan from the boy, and an OOOOOOOH! from all the spectators.

Law once again jumped on the downed Jin, and proceeded to pummel him into oblivion .






God, I've gotta do something, or he's not gonna make it, Nina said firmly, returning once again to her duffel bag.

Pulling out a large sniper rifle, Nina grinned proudly. Ah, there's my baby, she proclaimed, I haven't used this in years.

She (rather clumsily) aimed at her target, Marshall Law, with her binoculars, and placed the sniper rifle accordingly.

He was still punching Jin in the face, while he helplessly lay there, not moving a muscle.

Damn, I hope Jin doesn't make this look obvious

Law stopped punching. He then began to slowly raise a fist. The final strike, it seemed.

Nina gasped and leapt forward, shooting the dart.

She had lea pt a little too far. Over the edge she fell, praying the rope would do its job.







Law, in all acts of randomness, cried out in pain. The dart had hit him in the arm.

Jin's eyes widened when he what happened, and, to avoid suspicion, punched Law off of him.

The Japanese stood up, and then slouched.

The winner isJin Kazama! exclaimed the watching Tekkenshu.

Cheers erupted from the crowd, and Jin breathed a sigh of relief. The fangirls crowded around Jin, exclaiming their never-ending pride and joy.

'Ugh, man Jin pushed past them, and they sighed dreamily.

It was finally over. No more fighting for a day. No thanks to him, though.

Nina? He gazed around. She was nowhere in sight.

UhJin? Little help here He turned around and jumped. Dangling upside down was none other than his female blonde partner, hanging just a few feet above the ground.

Whathappened to you? Jin untied the knot on Nina's leg, caught her in his arms and placed her on her feet.

I was savin' yer asswouldn't want Law takin' two a yer valuables now, would we? Nina gave him a knowing wink.

Jin groaned. That part was still sore. Thanks for your help, he said meekly.

Nina smiled in response. Don't worry about it.

Jin looked at Law, who was being carried off in a stretcher. Luckily, he nabbed the dart while all eyes were elsewhere.

Is hedead? Jin asked, afraid.

No, no! No, no, no, no. Nina shook her head rapidly, causing Jin to breathe a sigh of relief. It's only a tranquilizer.

She then pulled a small notebook (with an attached pencil) out of her pocket , and began writing.

What's this? Jin asked as soon as Nina handed him a slip of paper.

It's my phone number, stated Nina, I just thought that since we're partners and all she punched his arm playfully, that we should contact each other at the spur of the moment.

Jin nodded, contemplating her words.

Eh, I gotta go. You should get out of here, before the Zaibatsu tries something. Call me ! and with that, Nina scurried off.

Jin thought about what Nina had said. He remembered seeing Julia, vulnerable and helpless, on that torture device. Heihachi, with his taunts and maniacal laughter.

Jin struggled to forget that painful experience and conceal his rage and walked off. He was oblivious to fact that Nina's phone number had slipped from his hand

and into the hand of a fangirl.


Lookie, girls! I got his PHONE NUMBER!








No, I' m sorry, Jin doesn' t live here Nina answered, confused, Oh, that's okay. She hung up the phone and started to leave the room.

The phone rang.

She whirled around and picked it up.

Yello? greeted Nina enthusiastically.

I-i-is JIN there? It's an EMERGENCY! chirped a premature voice.

Uhnothis isn't the Kazama residence. Goodbye.

The phone was back on the hook when it rang again.

Nina groaned. What?!

Jin began a voice.

Oh, I'm sorry! chirped Nina, Jin and I are taking a shower together. We'll call you back later! She slammed the phone down.
GOD!

Once again, it rung.

Only this time, Nina ripped it off the wall and flung it at another, causing it to burst into little pieces.

What is the DEAL?! Nina complained, I'm getting to the bottom of this.







Jin drearily mopped his tiled floor . Blood from his face had dripped onto it upon his arrival home.

There we go, Jin stood the mop against the wall and observed the wet floor. Thinking of earlier in the day, Jin looked to his bedroom.

Eh, I'll take Nina's advice later

He plopped down on the nearby sofa, and drifted of to Dream land.

A few minutes later, Jin jumped up. A strange, nails-on-a-chalkboard noise had interrupted his slumber. He watched the door. The knob was turning ever so slightly.

Jin stood up, and assumed his fighting position.

The door burst open.

Standing in the doorway was a frightening woman in a white dress. Her hair was black, and it covered her face.

She walked slowly towards Jin, that sound still ringing in his ears. He backed away.

Then he stopped, looking confused.

Determined, the strange woman walked closer towards himbefore slipping and falling on the wet floor.

Ow! cried the woman, pulling off her wig and rubbing her sore behind.

Nina, what the hell are you doing?! Jin asked, before bursting into laughter. The first time he'd laughed since everything began.

Well Nina ripped off her white dress (to reveal her purple suit) and turned off the tape player she was using.

Why the hell did YOU give my phone number to a bunch of horny bitches who are after you?! fumed Nina.

I-I didn't give your number to anyone

Whatever. Somehow, they knew.

Uh Jin scratched his head, so, what's with the getup?

OhI just wanted to scare you. Nina explained, calming down.

Okay is that all you're here for? I'm really not in the mood for fun and games. Jin shook his head, rubbing his eyes. Blood from his remaining wounds stained his fingers.

I came to talk business Nina started, but look, Jin, you need a shower , badly. You got the shit beat outta ya. Go clean up.

I really don't Jin began.

Go take one. insisted Nina.

I-

GO. Nina pointed a determined finger to the hall.

Jin shrugged. Okay, whatever. Just wait here.

Nina sat patiently as Jin headed out of sight.






A phone Julia's eyes shined. Her aimless wandering had paid off. In a random office, a phone sat. Julia wiggled her way into the room.

Since the phone was sitting on the desk, Julia struggled. She sat up as much as she could, with minor pain, but managed to pull it down.

A loud alarm rang at that moment.

Attention everyone! began a voice on the PA system, It's an emergency! Julia Chang has escaped! Stop what you're doing and search for her, NOW!

Undeterred, Julia dialed Jin's number. She just wanted to talk to him, hear his voiceanything.


Wellwell

Julia spun around, dropping the phone.

Her tormentor, Heihachi, stood in the doorway. Come to pay your Uncle Heihachi a visit? he smiled sickeningly.








The phone at Jin's house suddenly rang, breaking the silence in the living room.

Nina hopped up to answer it. It better not be a fangirl, she warned.

Hello? She mimicked Jin's deep voice.

No answer.

Hello? Nina resumed her n ormal voice.

Silence.

Nina shrugged and placed the phone on the hook.



A/N: WOW, it feels good to be done. I hope the length doesn't bore you all:/ And the part at the end was dedicated to my friend, Taostrife, who is a huge The Ring fan. Love ya, Jenny!



Mako