Tekken Fan Fiction ❯ Evaisive Ling ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't owe Tekken. My first fic. Please be nice.

Evaisive Ling

ArtOfPhoenix

Prologue

It was a beautiful day, lush to say at the very least. The sun radiated warm pleasant beams which mingled through green leaves with crimsom shades; The onfall of autumn. Chestnut brown and crisp red leaves were gently cascading onto the yet green, fresh grass field. Ling merely lay on the grass, enjoying the tingling sensation of cool breezes in the heat on her skin. Her legs were slightly angled, and her arms lay loose on the rich soil. She couldn't stifle a sigh. She rested next to a huge pond, the glassy water remained perfectly still, reflecting trees with its crystal clear surface. Every now and then a large carp would swim to the surface, filling its lungs with a gulp of fresh scented air. Ling shifted her cloudy gaze on the pond, admiring the luster on the fish scales.

It was her last day at home, before heading to the Mishima Empire. Heihatchi had accpeted her demand of her appearance in the tournament. She mused. Heihatchi was a different story. He was a man of straggering pride and is, still, wearing his `traditional' silk hakema along with his wooden clogs or `thong and high heels' as Julia had called it. Heihatchi had gratefully welcomed her to the Mishima buildings three years ago, providing luxury and advanced education along with is grandson. Jin. Her smile instantly left her lips. She would no longer let her mind wonder at the train of thought. His precense had lingered in her mind too often already. After the 4th Iron Fist Tournament he had encountered her, alright, but left non the less. She felt rejected in the aftermarth. He had to wander off to the mountains and `train' and - Ack! She cursed herself for letting her mind drift off again.

She inhaled lightly as her ears opened to the silent cursings of the wind. She had matured to a young woman, but still lacked of experience. Not that she really cared. Now that she had fullified her dream of constructing her own amusment park (Jin had left her money to build her park before he had left before giving Heihatchi resonsability for the Mishima Empire while he was gone), and rode all these flashy attractions, she had retired of these, suprisingly. Something had prevented her bubbling joy of adrenailine pumping through her veins. She pondered on what it could be, but couldn't put a finger on it never the less.

Even Panda had retired. It used to nuzzle her foot in affection while she was laying on the green mat of grass as she was doing now, and scare away people who dared to intend to approach, but now it had left for the bambus woods, along with its companions.

Anyway, time had come short. A fifth tournament had been anounced only one year after the recent. She wasn't so sure of Heihatchi plainly announcing another tournament out of nowhere. She concealed her anger at the thought of him intending cruel intentions like he had done before. Afterall, too much power could encourage a man to do unethical acts, for moneys' sake.

Deciding she had already spent too much time lingering about in the backyard, she proppped herself up on her elbows.

As if on cue, her servant stormed in, as she lived alone in a villa.

"Miss Xiaoyu, you must pack! The limousine is already wait-"

"I already did." She rolled here eyes. Prologue

"Then you must hurry!"

"Whatever" she growled and stood up. She shot her `home' one last glance and headed for the limousine. Why was her servant so awkaward anyway?

Dismissing her servant with a growl as he tried to help her carry her luggage, she slumped her heavy bags over her shoulder. The young warrior had no idea why she behaved so roughly to her opposites. Her main purpose of attending the tournament was because she secretly hoped of encountering Jin, disregarding the pent up frustations and the fury she held for him. Another reason she was caught up with was the long desired thrill of fighting.

Ling told Miharu that she will attend the 5th tournament `to make sure Heihatchi wasn't intending to reset his evil past intentions' though she was fully aware that Jin would have taken care of it already. Deep down something told her that Heihatchi is about something illegal, but is pleased to meet some friends and winning the tournament once for herself, disregarding Heihatchi for a while. Some fun wouldn't harm, would it?

A sudden roaring of an engine springing to life tore her from her current haze of thoughts. She had almost forgotten that she was seated in a car, brows furrowed.

At the 4th King Of The Iron Fist Tournament she had lost to Howarang, who dared to mock her everytime he saw fit, in the FIRST round. It was utterly degrading, although she knew of his knowledge that she would have won, if it werent for his dirty tricks, mocking her into blinded fury she could not conceal. But now she had changed. She pursed her lips bitterly. With a sudden smirk, she anticipated her arrivance at Japan impatiently.

Review? 0_0