Tekken Fan Fiction ❯ The Untold Tekken Story 1: Gifts Of Death ❯ Secrets Uncovered ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Here's Chapter 4 which is through King's viewpoint. I would like to give a special thank you to Ness43. Thank you for your support:)

Through The Eyes Of King

" I just need to rest." He tells me. He walks away down the hall and starts fidgeting with his key. He looks back as he opens the door and waves at me. He was definitely hiding something.

When the storm finished, he was almost traumatized. He looked like he had seen a ghost, and I could smell his fear. I could also smell that he wasn't the only one around this corner.

The Sacred Jaguar Mask that I wear gives me the reflexes, agility, and senses of a jaguar. Right now, they are telling me that somebody had just confronted Peter. As my tail swings back and forth ( which usually happens when I'm in deep thought), I wonder if I should go talk to Peter about it.

One would probably ask me " Why is it that you care so much about this kid?" The answer would be simple. I love kids. I run an orphanage in Mexico, and I can sense when a young one is hurt. Ever since I first met Peter, he had this vibe of pain coming from him. Something was always wrong with him it seems.

That's why he acts so reserved all of the time. I'll talk to him soon, I swear it. If I had to face him in the tournament, I would be at a disadvantage. How can I inflict damage upon a young one such as him? On the other hand, I really need the money to keep up my orphanage. I wouldn't want my young cubs living off of the streets. I wouldn't be able to bear it. I think I should just try and keep things positive right now.

I begin to walk to the elevator and it suddenly opens. Out comes Jun Kazama with a troubled look on her face.

" You are King right?" She asks me. I smile at her and reply " Yes I am." She looks past me to the end of the hallway.

" Did you sense it?" She asked. I looked over my shoulder and then back to her. " I felt an odd feeling that somebody was there." I said to her.

" Where is Peter?" She asked. " How would I know?" I replied. She looked at me directly into my eyes with the unafraid glare I swore I'd never see and said " Because you followed him" How did she know that?!

" He went into his room." I said. Jun began to speak with determination in her tone " He must have seen it. I feel a strong fear coming from his room." I looked at her and said

" Well, I want to know what scared him too. How about we make a deal. After the banquet and introductions, we'll question him together. What do you say?" She smiled and reached her hand for mine. She shook it with a firm grip and said " It's a deal." It's nice to finally meet somebody who isn't afraid of me.

She starts to walk back to the elevator and I glance back to Peter's door. On the floor, there is a small book.

" Are you coming?" Jun asks. " I think I need to sleep too. I'll see you later on tonight." I reply casually. I was standing in her view of the book, so I don't think that she knew. She nodded with approval and stepped inside of the elevator. Once I was certain that she wasn't coming back, I walked over to the book.

I picked it up and read the inner flap. " Peter's Journal."

I should knock on the door and give it back to him, but maybe I can understand him better if I read some of it.

I reached into my pocket and took out my room key. My room is on the right side of the hall, while Peter's is on the left. I open my door, step inside, and then lock it. The room is pretty decent and lavish for just one person. Shoot, I could train in here it's so spacious. With the lavender colored curtains blowing in the slight breeze from my balcony, and the fresh scent of the ocean air coming to me, I wish that life was always this easy.

I go to my bed and lie down on it after tossing my room key of the little side table made of marble. This is it. I open the book and begin to read with a guilty feeling. I read aloud certain portions of Peter's entries. " I hurt inside…can never feel right…don't believe in true, deep friendship with many people…am afraid and nervous around babies…gives me flashbacks of when I was…!"

I couldn't believe what I was reading. But somehow, I was able to continue on. " Too many to fight…broke my arms and legs…couldn't protect the baby…left me for dead…couldn't believe friends would…don't believe in people 100% anymore…wish someone would reach out to me and try anyway…"

I read on and before I know it, I feel a wet burning sensation inside of my eyes. I almost never cry, but this situation had me pretty close. Oh God, I better not let anybody else see me like this.

Author's Note: There you have it. King has just entered Peter's world and uncovered his deep, dark secret. Although we have a little preview of what it is, what EXACTLY happened and how? I'm combining my next two chapters together because the first one is very short. What will King say to Peter? And when are we finally gonna see some butt-kicking? Next chapters have it so please keep reading and reviewing!!!!:) Thank you:)