Tekken Fan Fiction ❯ The Untold Tekken Story 1: Gifts Of Death ❯ Fighter's Big Night ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Okay, so here's Chapters 5 AND 6! We finally get to know Peter's secret and there is also some action. Please review so I know what everybody thinks:)

Through The Eyes Of Peter

Man, my journal just went MIA. I could've sworn that I had it in my pocket. I hope that I didn't drop it outside. I had some pretty personal things written in there. Anyways, I'm in total shock and disbelief about what I saw. It was horrible.

What does this Ogre person want here? Does he have it in for somebody? I hope he's not participating in the tournament. Thing is, I don't know if I should tell the others about him. To tell you the truth, they would probably think that I'm crazy.

I need to stop worrying so much. I can't sleep. I get up off of my bed and walk to the red stained glass door that had " Shower Room" labeled on it. Over here, the bathroom and the showers are separated.

That makes perfect sense to me. Say you have some kind of foul odor in your bathroom before you take a shower. When you come out, the smell is going to cling to your body.

As I remove my clothes, I look into the mirror with an unsatisfied glare. I turned the shower knob until I could no longer take the heat. I let the warm water hit me. It felt so good. As the water fell down my body, I could feel it warming my very insides. The chill down my spine was so pleasurable, that I smiled to myself.

In front of me lies a control panel of some sort. I pressed the first button and warm mist flew up from the floor. " It has a sauna too?" I said. The second button scared me because warm water massaged my back not long after I had pressed it. "This hotel is off the hook." This is the first time in a long time that I've be able to just forget all of my troubles; and let me tell you something. I wanted more of it.

It was bliss…sheer bliss. I sat in the shower until all of the hot water depleted (which took about an hour and fifteen minutes). As soon as I wrapped the yellow towel around my waist, I opened the blurry red door and felt the refreshing cool air of the air conditioner. I was dry in less than one minute and then I got into a casual T-shirt and shorts. I'm going to try and sleep.

Through The Eyes Of King

After reading about his terrible encounter, I now understand why Peter is the way that he is. I would never want to have any kind of human contact either. I'm just so disturbed about what he experienced. He even used to cut himself as well. He did it to "chase away his inner demons". I'll have to let Jun know later.

Helping him won't be easy, but it's worth a try. I guess I'd better try and sleep before the party tonight. I do feel pretty tired. My eyelids start to get very heavy. "Good night…" I whisper to myself as my vision fades to black.

Later…

Ok, it's 7:46 and the press is waiting. All of the fighters are on stage and ready to go. All except one: Peter. Jun walks over to me and says " Have you seen Peter anywhere?"

" No." I reply.

" This is going to take some energy, but I'll find him." Jun says. Her eyes go blank and a strange breeze occurs. Her hair is lightly moving in it. Suddenly, everything stops and she looks to me. " He's still upstairs…" She says.

I look at her and ask " How did you know that?" She smiles and humbly says " I'm gifted."

Heihachi steps in and says " Jun that's great. Now you should be fantastic in front of the cameras. C'mon, let's go. You too King."

"Uhh…I think I'd better go and get Peter." I say before I dash off to the elevator. The doors open and after getting in, I tap my foot anxiously. God that jazzy music isn't helping me to relax right now either. As soon as the elevator opens, I run off to Peter's room.

I stand in front of the door and am about to knock when suddenly, it flipped open. Peter sped out of the room and straight into me, knocking us both to the floor. " How many times are you planning on doing that?" I said as I sat up rubbing my head.

He jumps up and says " Sorry! I overslept! Let's go!" As he attempts to help me up, I notice his outfit. He is wearing dark blue jeans, a black dress shirt with the chest unbuttoned, and a black trench coat. I look down to his pocket and see a combination lock clipped to his pant loop.

" You look very…unique." I tell him.

He turns to me and says " Is that good or bad?"

I told him " Well, you definitely stand out."

He chuckled to himself and said " Whatever, Let's go."

Upon arriving back at the stage, Heihachi smiled at us and told us that we just made it. He put the both of us in the line and got in front of the curtains to start the introductions.

" The event you've all been waiting for! And the popular fighters too! Let's start with the returning warriors! First, we have Paul Phoenix!" Paul walked down the runway and did a cocky pose as Heihachi explained Paul's history and stats.

I laughed when I saw Peter roll his eyes. I nudged him and asked " So, you don't like him?" He calmly replied " Who would?" Just then, Paul walked past us to the end of the line. After awhile, Heihachi got to Jun Kazama who was in front of us. " Next is Jun Kazama! Otherwise known as The Ecological Fighter!"

Once Heihachi finshed introducing Jun, it was Peter's turn. " Now for what the public REALLY wants to know. The new fighters!" Heihachi yelled. " New to the tournament, Peter! Also known as The Silent Darkness. He uses Wing Chun as well as various other Martial Arts techniques."

Peter walked to the end of the runway and stood with both hands in his pockets, his right hip out to the side. The photographers took different angle shots of him. Next, Peter stood in his battle stance. Heihachi continued, " Peter has entered the tournament to save his parents."

It was then that I heard Paul say " Oh, now we've got a boo-hoo fighter. Wonder if he'll cry to his mommy when he loses." I could not take it anymore. Peter was right not to like him.

I turned to him and said " Hey Paul! Why don't you shut up. Or do you want an early defeat?" Paul rolled his eyes and started mumbling to himself. Peter turned around and walked back. That whole time that he was out there, he didn't smile once. It shows that he's determined. He smiled slightly as he walked past me. " Good luck." He said kindly. His smile dropped as soon as he saw Paul glaring at him. Peter continued to stare back, unafraid.

Next, it was my turn. I felt very nervous as Heihachi said " Next, we have a brand new King!" Hearing this made me upset because it sounded to me like " Here is King's replacement!" I miss my father very much. Armor King has yet to tell me how he died.

I walk down the runway and stand with my arms crossed as Heihachi went through my stats and fighting techniques. I turned around and walked back to the end of the line behind Peter once Heihachi was finished.

After Heihachi had finished introducing the other new fighters such as Eddy Gordo and Hwoarang, we were all invited to attend a banquet that was being held in our honor. We each left the stage one by one as the photographers tried to get their last shots of everyone.

Later…

I now have to find Jun. Of course, I didn't forget our deal. As the banquet continues on, I walk my way thru all of the other fighters. All of them eating, drinking, and socializing together. Finally, I found her. She's talking to Michelle Chang as I approach her.

" Excuse me Jun, it's time." I say. She looks at me and smiles before politely saying goodbye to Michelle. We both walked over to the door post of the entrance to the room and looked around for Peter.

" Where is he?" Jun asked. Our eyes searched frantically for him. Finally, I saw him in the corner of the room drinking a can of Diet Pepsi.

" There he is Jun." I said as I pointed to him. Jun and I began to walk towards him, when all of a sudden, something terrible happened. A woman was walking with her baby in her arms when she tripped forward. While she was falling, she quickly spun around and landed on her back. The baby had accidentally bumped it's head on the floor when she landed. The poor baby let out a cry so disturbing, that it pierced into my heart.

The woman got up quickly and comforted her baby as it continued to cry. Jun and I looked over at Peter and we were stunned. He had dropped the can of Pepsi and had fallen to the floor twitching his arms and legs. We immediately ran to his aid.

Thinking that he was having a seizure, I propped his head up on my knees once I sat down. " What's wrong Peter?!" I yelled. He was completely pale and he started to yell. " My-my legs and my arms! I-I can't move them! I think t-they-re broken!"

Jun looked at me with a shocked expression crossing her Asian features. She felt his arms and legs and then said " King, his arms and legs aren't broken at all. They're fine…" We both looked down to Peter who was still struggling to move. Jun closed her eyes and said " Peter, let me into your mind."

Author's Note: Okay, so that's Chapter 5! Please move on to Chapter 6! And be kind enough to leave me a review:)