Tekken Fan Fiction ❯ The Untold Tekken Story 1: Gifts Of Death ❯ Enter The Armor King ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sooo, sorry that I haven't updated this story for so long. I've been busy on the Tekken Zaibatsu website. But I'm back now:) Please read and review. I want to know what you think.

Through The Eyes Of Peter

I stand in a misty, empty plain. Everywhere I look holds no promise, no future. Why is it like this? I want to leave, I feel so cold and alone. Something strange is happening, I see a shadowy figure. Who is it? Suddenly, one, two, three more appear. More shadows continue to appear.

I try to call to them. " Excuse me, does anybody know where we are?" No answer. " Hello?" The figures will not talk to me. It makes me feel isolated and unwanted. Then, a larger shadow appears and begins to cloak the other shadows.

They begin to scream and cry out for mercy. This sight terrifies me and I run towards the figures to try and help. My efforts are of no use because the shadows got farther away from me.

" What's going on?! How can I help?!" I cry out. I still continue to get no answer. As the big shadow passes over them, they scream loudly and then they disappear. Something appears in their place.

After a couple more minutes of watching this odd massacre, the shadows are all gone. Some form of stubs or something are left where they last stood. The large shadow looked around, then it faded. I walk over to the area and realize that tombstones have appeared. " What the-?!" I say aloud shockingly.

Then, the ground shakes and hands come out from it. They all grab hold of my trench coat and legs. Soon, I fall to my knees. " No!!" I scream. The hands pull me down and I lay on my back. Hands reach around my throat and arms as well as the rest of my body. " Help me!!!" I manage to choke out.

Then, that larger shadow appears in front of me. It comes closer into my vision. The mist parts and I realize that it is Ogre. He grins at me and says " Now it's YOUR turn." He begins to reach towards my head as I cry out into the empty void.

Suddenly, I wake up in my bed. I exhale loudly and slip out of the bed. Since I was only wearing a pair of shorts, I grabbed a white T-shirt and slipped it on as I walked out on to my balcony. Pacing back and forth over the round balcony, I thought about the dream and of the condition of my parents.

I stopped wandering around the balcony and walked to the railing. I looked at the moon and the beautiful ocean view. Looking at the waves for some reason made me wonder what was going to happen to me. I rested my elbows on the railing and raised my knuckles against my temples. Then, I rubbed my thumbs up and down my sideburn-less face. I often do this when I am frustrated.

That's the second time that I've had that nightmare this week. It's a little different each time, but it's basically the same thing. Well, the orientation is almost over. I only have two more days left here. It's been a lot of fun meeting everybody (except for Paul Phoenix). I sent the money for my participation in the tournament to my uncle in New York. It was finally enough money for my parents to get their surgery.

The reason that I have to stay in the tournament is because I still need a lot of money to cover their hospital visit, and also because of their after-treatments. They are going to need a couple of them before everything is okay. Changing my own subject, I begin to look down the vast hotel walls. Nobody else is on their balconies. Since I can't sleep, I decide to go down to the gym located downstairs. It's always open for the fighters to utilize.

I get dressed and take my room key off of the marble night stand next to my bed. After closing and locking my room, I try to walk as quietly as possible down the long hallway. I don't want to wake anyone. I didn't want to take the elevator, so I decided to take the stairs.

After opening the gray door, I peered down the sets of staircases. I really didn't feel like walking either. Instead, I let my inner child out as I playfully slid down the steel railings on the staircases. All the way down, I smiled and laughed to myself forgetting all of my troubles. When I reached the last staircase, I realized that a camera was down there. Since it was Heihachi's hotel, I had a strong feeling that he was watching.

Instead of joyfully looking stupid in front of the camera, I instead walked down the stairs with my fighter face on. Hope I don't fall. After leaving the corridor, I walked over to the gym. Everything was so quiet. I opened the glass doors and stepped in. " Hmm…what to do…" I murmured to myself.

I wasn't in the mood for any weight training, so I instead decided to practice my kicks. I won't bore you with my techniques or anything, but I practiced for a couple of minutes. After that, I grabbed a dummy and stood it up in the middle of the ring. I prepared to kick at it when suddenly, it grabbed my leg and tripped me to the floor. I didn't know that it actually fought back. I guess that it's some kind of training tool for fighters. I wish that somebody would have told me that before I got knocked flat on my ass.

The thing was even programmed to laugh at me when I fell. Now, I was ticked. I jumped to my feet and was prepared this time. I threw a firm punch at it and it blocked it with it's arm. Quickly, I grabbed the arm and spun around to the dummy's back. I continued to move as I twirled it's arm and then slammed it to the ground. I cart-wheeled away as the dummy attempted to kick at my legs as it arose.

I circled it and quickly dodged to the floor as it kicked sideways at me. I kicked it's shin as I rose. Then I kicked it's face and then it's stomach. This resulted in dust flying off of the dummy and into the air. Charged with speed, I spun around and kicked high. Landing my foot at it's neck, I continued to bring my leg down to the floor, dragging the dummy with it. Dust flew out from the dummy as it hit the floor. A robotic " K.O." sound came from the dummy as it shut down.

Silence filled the room for about three seconds before I heard a deep voice say " That was good." I looked all around for the source and to my surprise, sitting on a bench press machine was a man. He resembled King, only he was a lot different. He wore silver armor and black jeans. He was also clad in silver boots and his Jaguar Mask was dark. One of his eyes had a red scar over it.

" I'm sorry, I didn't know anyone else was here. Was I disturbing you?" I asked worriedly.

He smiled and answered " Not at all. I enjoyed that fight." I came out of the ring and began to walk towards him. He continued " At first, I was shocked when I first saw you here. But now, from the looks of things you can handle yourself pretty well."

" Thank you." I replied with a smile. I reached a hand out to shake his. He took it with a firm grip. " I'm Peter." I said.

" Name's Armor King. How long have you been fighting?" He asked me curiously.

I replied " For about two and a half years now." He nodded and said " You're pretty good." That's it, now I remember him. In the King Of Iron Fist Tournament 2, he was a competitor. He was very young in fact, in his early twenties back then I believe. Which means that he's in his early forties now. He still looks pretty buff too; better than the last tournament even.

I sat down on the floor in front of him and asked him " Are you fighting in this tournament too?" He looked at me and said " No, not this time. I'm here to support my student, King. I believe you've met him?"

I smile and say " Yes, I have met him. He's a very kind person."

Armor King smiled back and said " He told me about you. It seems that he's actually quite fond of you." I smiled and he continued on " Around here, news spreads fast. I heard that you single-handedly took out an entire gang the other night. Paul Phoenix was so jealous that HE didn't save the day, you should have seen him." He started to laugh and so did I. Something about imagining Paul huffing and puffing in jealousy was hilarious to me.

" Well, it definitely wasn't easy." I said as I pointed to the cut mark from Juan's blade. Armor King looked at it and said " Ouch."

He looked at me and asked " Would you like to work out with me?" I, trying to make new friends for a change, replied " Sure why not?"

A half hour passed by as we both worked out. During the time, we talked about a bunch of things. I told him why I was here and he at first didn't believe me. " Why? Is it THAT hard to believe?" I asked.

" Well, usually kids hide behind others. You on the other hand, came here to help. That's bravery." To hear a compliment like that from him was pretty exciting.

" Thanks." I replied. " This orientation was actually fun, I'm glad that I came. I just really don't wanna go home."

In between pull-ups, Armor King looked at me and asked " Is it because of the situation with your parents?"

I honestly replied " Well, … yeah. I just don't want to be bothered. I know that they're going to be MAD once they find out what I'm doing. If I go home, I might not be able to come back. Then I'll lose them both." I dropped myself from the pull-up bar and took a deep breath.

Armor King dropped too and looked as if he had an idea " Maybe you won't have to go home… hmm…I'll get back to you later on that." I wondered what he had up his sleeve. Guess I'll just have to wait and see. After a few more minutes of talking, we both decided to go back to our rooms. I walked to the hallway which led to my room, his room was the opposite way.

" Alright, well it was great meeting and working out with you." I told Armor King happily. He smiled said " You too, and keep your head up. Things can always turn around, remember that." I thanked him and said good night.

As I walked up the stairs, I felt a feeling of happiness that I had made another new friend. Once I got to my room, I took the key and unlocked the door. On the floor was an envelope. As I closed the door, I picked it up. It was from Jun Kazama. I opened it and read the note. It read:

" Dear Insomniac,(just kidding:))" I laughed and continued to read on.

" I'm going for a walk in the woods tomorrow at around noon. Want to come along? If so, then meet me in the lobby downstairs at around eleven thirty ok? Alright well, I'll see you tomorrow! Good night.

Sincerely,

Jun"

I thought about it and I decided that it would be fun to go along. After showering, I sat in my bed and thought of my parents. As I fell asleep, I hoped that I wouldn't have any more nightmares. Well, as they say, tomorrow's another day. It should be fun.

Author's Note: Well that's my chapter! What did you think of it? Please review if you can. Now, I'll be working on my next chapter. What did Jun want? What did Armor King think of? Find out in the next chapter!