Tekken Fan Fiction ❯ The Untold Tekken Story 1: Gifts Of Death ❯ Mental Challenges ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Okay, sorry about not updating in so long. School's been holding me up some. Well, I finished writing this chapter. There is a lot of excitement/humor in it as well. Please read and review. Enjoy:)

Later…(still through Peter's viewpoint)

It's now eleven twenty six. I notice this as I look at my watch in the elevator. The doors click open and I see the lobby area. Lei Wulong is sitting on a bench eating a bowl of noodles. I then see Ling Xiaoyu and her pet Panda looking outside the window. But no Jun Kazama yet. I walk over to Ling and Panda.

" Hey Ling!" I say. She spins around with a smile on her face.

" Hey Pete!" She says as she nearly chokes me to death with a hug. While she is hugging me, I look up at Panda and say " Hi Panda!"

Panda made some kind of affectionate sound and started to pat my back. Once Ling let go, I smiled and asked " So, what are you guys up to today?"

Ling said " Oh, Panda and I are going to do some training and then we'll have some fun outside. You should join us." I nodded and replied

" Sure, I'd like to hang with you later." Just then, I looked down at my watch and noticed the time. It was eleven twenty nine. Ling and I had said goodbye as she and Panda headed for the gym. I looked down and the minute shifted to eleven thirty. At the same moment, I heard the elevator doors click open. I turned around to see Jun. She was perfectly on time.

As I waved to her, she smiled and neatly took the wrinkles out of her light blue T-shirt and black shorts. She even had a blue headband to go with her outfit. She came over to me and we exchanged smiles. We began to walk thru the gym to get outside. Jun spoke.

" Thank you for coming with me Peter." I smiled and said " You're welcome." Jun opened the door and sunlight rushed in to our faces. Outside was the beach. We began to walk down the shoreline, letting the sand shoot into the air as we kicked it. I looked up during a conversation that I was having with Jun. I saw the forest ahead. That's where we are heading.

Through The Eyes Of Jun

Once we arrived in the forest, we both stopped to gaze around at God's creations. Something about all the different shades of green fascinated me. " C'mon." I said to Peter as we walked deeper into the forest. Eventually, we found a spot of various flowers.

" Hey Peter, I want to show you something." He looked at me with anticipation as I began to pick some of the flowers. They were all beautiful and filled with several colors and varieties. I plucked all of the stems off of the flowers and placed the flower heads into a bowl that I had brought along with me. Peter followed me curiously as I walked past the flowers and to a stream ahead. I dipped the bowl in quickly and then I sat down.

" Peter, could you get me that branch?" Peter picked up the branch that I wanted from the floor and handed it to me. I snapped it in half and began to use the half to mix and mush the flowers with the water. I did this until the mixture resembled some kind of oil. Peter watched as I plucked the excess seeds and pedals from the mixture.

" It's done." I said to Peter. Dipping two of my fingers into the oil, I began to rub it on my wrist. I stood up and walked over to Peter.

" See?" I said as I let Peter have a whiff of my wrist. He smiled and said " Oh, it's a perfume!"

I pulled a small plastic cylinder out of my pocket and began to pour the rest of the oil into it. " Isn't it cool? I make my own." Peter asked me

" How did you ever think to do that?" I thought back and closed my eyes to the warm memory. One that I'll never forget. I smile to myself and reply " My mother taught it to me once when I was a little girl."

Peter replied " She must be wonderful." I smiled and said " Yes, she was." I then got very serious and changed the subject.

" Now Peter, I'm sure you know that I didn't bring you all the way out here just to show you how to make perfume." He laughed at the way that I approached him and asked " Then, what did you bring me here for?"

I looked into his dark brown eyes and said " I wanted to talk about your nightmares." His expression changed completely and he asked " How did you know about that?!" I replied " I've been having them too." Peter suddenly became more serious. He seemed to know that I was going to say something.

" We can try and defeat the creature in our dreams. Together, we can prevail over it." I told him. He nodded and asked " Just what can we do?"

" I can link our minds and we can fight him together. We can weaken his mental hold over us. Are you up for it?" I said. Peter replied without thinking. " I'm ready." I nodded to him. Then, I grabbed his hands in mine and we sat down. Slowly and peacefully, we could feel our minds connect. As we combined our minds to create one giant arena, a brilliant white light shone not only from me, but from Peter too.

It shows that he too contains purity deep within. Soon, we were traveling together to the nightmare. I grabbed hold of his hands tighter as we drew near. Suddenly, after a bright white flash, we were there. Everything was just as I remembered it to be. Misty, empty, and devious. All was quiet and nothing moved. " Be careful." I whispered to Peter.

We both stood by a tree and looked out, alert and ready to duel. I began to wander just slightly to look around further. Peter continued to stand by the tree. Then, a wave of shock hit me. Something was terribly wrong…

" Newa!" I heard Peter's battle cry and spun around to see that the creature had attacked him. Peter dodged a kick that split and destroyed the tree behind him. Peter used this split second to attack. " Hut!!" He cried out as he punched the creature's gut. The shadowy monster doubled over, but quickly smacked Peter away.

I ran to help him up as the creature approached us. With a telepathic thought, I willed all of the fog to disappear so that the creature could not hide. As the mist parted, Peter yelled out " It's Ogre! I knew it!" I looked upon the evil that had been tormenting us in our sleep. For the first time in a long time, I felt hatred.

As Ogre flew to us, I arched my back backwards and put my hands on the floor. Then, I released my legs and they both connected with Ogre's face. While Ogre was still in the air, Peter jumped up and kicked him higher into the air. When Ogre crashed to the floor, Peter swiftly spun around and kicked Ogre while he was down.

I watched as Peter kicked Ogre's stomach once he got up. Ogre grabbed Peter's leg and spun him around before throwing him to the ground. Peter hit the ground and did not move. Ogre came at me with a kick. I sidestepped it and performed a Camilla Kick (which is when I spin my whole body in a circle kick while balancing with my other leg). Ogre recovered quickly and caught me off guard with a punch to the stomach.

I flew backwards and quickly rolled to my feet after I landed, doing my best to ignore the pain. He flew at me with a punch, but I grabbed it and counter-attacked him by Snake Tossing him to the floor. He spun on the floor and tripped me. I landed on my back and tried to get the air back into me. I looked up in horror as Ogre prepared the final blow.

Suddenly, he was interrupted. Peter did a one-handed cartwheel kick which made Ogre crouch to the floor after being hit. Peter then back hand-springed and grabbed Ogre's head with his legs. While standing on his hands, Peter spun around to land on his back, bringing Ogre with him to the ground. Ogre rolled backwards and laid on his back.

Peter stood up and looked at me. I read his mind and nodded to him. I grabbed his hand and we began to spin each other in full circles. Ogre arose with confusion as to what we were doing. " Now!" Peter yelled to me, and I used our momentum to keep him swinging thru the air as he jumped up and kicked sideways. Ogre was hit in the chest and was hit again as Peter landed and spun me into him as well.

Ogre stumbled backwards and I charged up, getting ready to use my ultimate combination that I had been practicing. It was now or never. I ran up to him and flipped backwards, kicking him with both legs. As he came down from the air, I knelt down and did three sweep kicks to a cartwheel kick. Ogre stumbled back and I punched him in the chest, and quickly swirled around to do it again with the other fist. Next, I did a double lift kick and sent him into the air. I kicked him low when he landed on the floor. Then, I performed two twin cloud kicks which ended in me punching him in the stomach, spinning around and forcing my elbow into his chest, and then finally ending the fight with a mist palm.

Ogre flew backwards onto the floor and cried out in pain. Peter and I continued to stand in our stances, ready for another attack. Ogre laughed. He stood up and said " You have yet to see my powers!" With that, we saw a quick flash of an even more terrible looking creature appear before us.

" This is my TRUE form! True Ogre!!" Peter and I were so terrified, that we were blasted back to our bodies. We both opened our eyes to each other and shuddered. Somehow, we both knew that our victory was only temporary.

We tried to relax and saw some more of the wonderful forest. Even though we made efforts, Peter and I were still in complete shock over the being's power. We had barely defeated the original Ogre, how could we defeat this new one? To top that off, it was only a mental battle. Had we been strong enough to kill the True Ogre, then Ogre would have perished in reality. I'm sure we will not be able to slip into his mind again so easily.

While Peter and I fought side by side, I realized something. Peter had some of Ogre's power inside of him. I don't know how it was possible. I intend to find out now. As we walked out of the woods and headed back to the hotel, I slipped discreetly into his mind. He continued to speak as I searched the various images in his mind. Many of them were hurtful, dark, and painful situations from his past.

I never imagined that he could've went through so much pain and suffering at such a young age. Ah! I've found something. I watch Peter's mental playback as he walks down a hallway in the hotel. Ogre has appeared before him and releases his excess power from his body. I watch as it fills into Peter, wondering what Peter was feeling. That was it. Ogre had accidentally given Peter some of his power. Most likely, he wants it back. I don't want to tell this to Peter. I wouldn't want him to become afraid.

Peter, unaware of my actions asked me " Hey Jun? What's it like to be telepathic? Is it hard to deal with?" I think of the many painful and abusive experiences that Peter had unwillingly shown me and replied " It's difficult to deal with at times, yes."

We walked along the beach towards the hotel when suddenly, a voice called out to us. " Hello!!!" I looked up to see Ling Xiaoyu and her Panda. We walked up to them and Ling asked " Do you guys want to play beach ball with us?" In her hands, she bounced a colorful round beach ball. I actually was in the mood for a good game. I answered " Sure, I'd love to play." Peter soon agreed.

After explaining the rules to us, Ling ran to the other side of the net. It was Ling and Panda versus Peter and I. Ling prepared to smack the ball to us. Before she did, she played with the straps of her black one-piece bathing suit. Then, the ball came flying my way. I smacked it over to Peter who ran to the net and smacked it back to me as I ran forward. Expecting Peter to hit it over, Ling and Panda were totally caught off guard when I spiked it down in between the two.

Ling pouted as she threw the ball over the net. I handed it to Peter and told him to serve it. Reluctantly, he took the ball and got ready to serve. He threw it into the air and with a look of confidence, pounded the ball with his fist. It flew to Panda, who hit it right back over the net to Peter. He tapped it to me and I bopped it over the net to Ling. She jumped up and spiked it to Peter. He missed it. Unhappily, he tossed the ball over to Panda.

Later…

" Nine serving nine!" I cried out. Whoever was to get the next point would win the game. I was determined to win. I threw the ball into the air and my hair got in my eyesight. The ball hit the sand and I was infuriated. " Do over!" Ling screamed to me. I angrily took the blue head band out of my hair and used it to tie my hair back into a ponytail. My bangs tickled my eyelashes as I bent down to pick up the ball. Little did I know it, but this was about to be the most ludicrous play ever made.

I served the ball over the net to Ling. She hit it to Panda and Panda hit it back over to me. The ball was traveling past me, so I jumped backwards and hit it. Peter ran to the ball and bumped it back over to Ling. She hit it back behind her to Panda. Panda slapped it hard and it began traveling to us. Peter ran for it, but tripped in the sand. I ran forward and jumped off of Peter's back to hit it.

I fell down face first into the sand and heard the ball get hit back to us. It went behind me as I looked up. Peter rolled backwards and kicked it back over the net as he stood up. Ling hit it, it bounced off my head as I stood up, and then Panda hit it back over. Peter and I jumped for it and smacked it together as our bodies collided. As we bounced off of each other, Peter and I yelled as Ling fell. We thought we had won, but Panda ran up to the ball. What happened next, truly shocked us all.

Panda had accidentally popped the ball with her claws. I looked at Panda, who looked to Ling, who looked to Peter, who looked back to me. I swear, it was ten seconds before anybody said anything. Peter coolly broke the silence with " Guess it's a tie then." I laughed at his sense of humor. Then, everybody else laughed. We all walked to each other and shook hands/paws. Ling said that she wanted to stay on the beach for a little while longer. Peter and I watched as Ling hopped onto Panda's back when Panda bent down.

Peter and I turned to each other and laughed as we started back to the hotel. As we walked, I spoke. " Oh, sorry about stepping on you before." Peter laughed and replied " It's okay, you saved me a trip to the chiropractor." It was then that I remember something.

" Oh, Peter. I forgot, I have to go meet Michelle. We are going to go swimming in the pool at the hotel. You could come if you want to." He smiled and replied back to me " Well, maybe I'll come with you guys. I'm just going to go to my room for awhile." We re-entered the hotel from the gym and after saying goodbye to Peter, I ran ahead to hurry up and change. I'm trying not to worry about Peter. I'll just keep telling myself that he'll be fine. Hopefully, he will be.

Through The Eyes Of Armor King

I look on as Jun Kazama walks away down the hall. Peter is walking out of the gym slowly. I wait by the staircase as I watch him walk thru the lobby, ignoring the strange stare that he was receiving from the fighter named Bryan Fury. Continuing to look to the floor as he walked, Peter suspected nobody was in his presence. That is, until I spoke.

" Hello young one." I said. He jumped at the sound of my voice. I was amused. He replied " Oh hi Armor King. I didn't know that you were there." I smiled and said back to him

" I have come to talk to you, I promised I would remember? Let us be on our way." I opened the door for him and he shyly said " Thank you." As we began to walk the stairs, I began to explain to him what my idea was.

" So I was thinking about you said yesterday. I have thought long and hard and I have made a decision. In the end, I had to ask King." He stopped and turned to me, wondering what was going to be said. I thought that this would be the right time to torture him. I said to him " But to find out what we have decided, you will have to ask King." Peter's mouth fell wide open and his facial expression was that of utter disappointment.

" Oh come on!" Peter pleaded. I smiled because he looked like a hungry person that had not eaten in several days. I replied to him " Come, I shall take you to him." We both continued up the stairs with myself leading the way. King was waiting by Peter's room. That is where I had left him. Once I had opened the staircase door, I saw King standing with his arms crossed against Peter's door.

He looked at us and immediately began walking over to us. Once he stopped, he looked to Peter and smiled. That's when he spoke. " Hi Peter. Is it okay if I speak with you in private?" Peter looked to me, then back to King before he said " Sure, let's go into my room." Peter walked to his room while pulling the key out of his pocket.

As he walked, King followed just a few steps behind. King looked back to me briefly and I gave him a good luck thumbs up. He looks so nervous, but it's humorous in a way. I guess I'll go do some weight training while I wait for them.

Through The Eyes Of King

Peter opened the door for me and I proceeded inside. His room looks like mine, except a little bit messier. It's not that bad, but his bed was undone and his suitcases were open on the floor. " Sorry about the mess." He told me. " It's fine." I replied. Peter tossed his keys on top of his bed and continued to walk to the balcony ahead.

He pushed the curtains apart and held them open for me. Outside, it was sunny and quite breezy as well. I smelled the salty ocean air and peered out over the wonderful view that Peter had. It was stunning, the ocean seemed to call to us and the sun was angled in the best part of the sky. I've only been on my balcony once. It's not that great of a view. All I ever see is a portion of the forest and that's it. I snap out of it and look at Peter.

" So what is it that you wanted to talk about?" He asked me. I then began to speak. " Well, Armor King told me that you have it pretty rough at home now. You've got a lot to deal with right now." He looked down before leaning against the railing of the circular balcony. " And I just wanted to know if you would like to come back home with us." He looked up quickly with shock in his eyes. " We could help train you and maybe you could help us with the kids at the orphanage. I just wanted to ask you since we're friends now. Well,…would you like to come?"

His face was emotionless for about two seconds. " Really?" He then asked me.

"Yes." I replied. He suddenly smiled greatly, and ran over and hugged me with awesome strength. I was shocked, but I was happy at the same time. While he hugged me, he said " Thank you…" Then, I felt his body jump. He quickly let go and acted like he had made a HUGE mistake. He tried to act serious again, but he really couldn't stop smiling. I was touched. Never before had I seen him so happy. It made me smile as well.

We talked for a little while longer, and the funniest conversation came. Being that he was no longer afraid of me, Peter asked " Is it okay if I ask you something?" I smiled and replied " Sure. What is it?" He looked past my eyes, to the rest of my face. " That mask… do you ever take it off?" I laughed. That was the first time anybody had ever asked me that.

I replied " Rarely. I don't really need to." He looked at me questionably, so I explained further. " This mask has powers. When I put it on, it becomes my actual head." I demonstrated by moving the ears on the top of my head. " I also grow a tail and a set of retractable claws when it's on." I again demonstrated by holding out my hand to him. My hand tensed up and I felt a slight sting as all ten of my claws poked through my finger tips. I sucked the air through my teeth as my claws finished piercing my skin. Each claw measures about a little more than one inch.

Peter stared at them with fascination gleaming in his eyes before he said " Cool." I was surprised at his reaction. Most other people usually take a step or two away from me. I laughed and said " Yeah, I guess. They're really good for cutting pepperoni slices too." We both laughed and then Peter raised his hand to my face. " May I?" He asked. I thought about it and said " Go ahead." He touched the hair on my face. It tickled. Then he touched one of my whiskers and tugged on it slightly.

" Um, Peter?" I said. He looked at me as if saying " what?" I said " That really hurt. Can you not do that?" He dropped his hand and smiled, saying " I'm sorry."at the same time. I laughed and then I remembered that I still had his journal in my pocket. I can't just give it to him, he might suspect that I read it. Peter said something.

" I'm gonna go meet Jun and Michelle at the pool. You wanna come?" I thought about it for a second. It was hot too. " Sure, I'll go." I told him that I just had to go get my swimming things. Peter led the way back to his door. As we passed his bed, I carefully tossed his journal to the corner of the room. Maybe he would find it and think that he dropped it there. After he opened the door, I walked out and crossed to my room.

Later…

I finish changing in my room. Peter is waiting outside my door. I open the door and throw my green towel over my shoulder. I was also wearing a black speedo.

Peter looked at my body, then to his, and he then growled in jealousy. Hey, I had to go through A LOT of Armor King Hell Sessions to get this body. Peter's not that bad for his age, but he still wrapped his towel around himself in a self-conscious manner. I found this humorous. We walked down to the pool. It was in the middle of the hotel, but in an outdoor court area. It was pretty cool.

We arrived to see Jun and Michelle already swimming. " Hi guys!" Michelle yelled out. We both exchanged our greetings with Jun and Michelle. Peter threw his towel on one of the beach chairs and stood near the edge of the pool. For some reason, he was taking too long to get in, so I had an idea… I slowly snuck up behind him. Jun and Michelle watched in the corners of their eyes, trying not to reveal me. They were trying desperately not to laugh.

" What's so funny?" Peter asked innocently. I resisted my own laughing urge and yelled " This!" He turned around and was met with my hands pushing against his chest. " Noo!!" He screamed as he flew out and landed in the water.

Once he came up, he spit out the water that he had taken in and yelled " King!!!" Everybody then laughed. I dived in with my mask on (as I said before, while I wear it, it becomes a part of me).

Armor King showed up several minutes later. " How's the water?" He called to us. " It's fine!" Jun yelled back. Then, he did something unusual… to say the least. He casually started to take off his armor. Then, he began to unzip his pants. We all looked at each other. " Is he seriously stripping?" Michelle whispered to me. " I don't know." I replied.

He grabbed his pants and pulled them down. Everybody looked away in shock. Silence filled the area for a good five seconds. " What?" Armor King asked. Michelle peeped and sighed with relief. We all turned around and realized that he had swim trunks on underneath. Armor King, not knowing what we all thought, was completely left out once we started laughing. The sun begins to set on us as we continued to swim. Tomorrow's our last day of this orientation. Next time we all see each other, it will be in the ring.

Author's Note: Okay so that was chapter 8! What did you all think of it? Please leave a review for me so that I know people are interested in this story. I'm desperate:( In the next chapter, the fighters return home. One day, it is reported that some of the most fighters have disappeared. What is happening? Jun and Peter's Tearful Goodbye.