Tekken Fan Fiction ❯ The Untold Tekken Story 1: Gifts Of Death ❯ Goodbyes ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 

         &nb sp;                           &nb sp;           Through The Eyes Of Peter

 

         &nb sp;  Today was the last day of the orientation. Nobody really did much. For example, all I did was lounge around in the recreation area with King, Ling, and Jun. One by one, the fighters were called to Mr. Heihachi's office.

 

         &nb sp;  When it was my turn, I left immediately to find out what was needed. Wearing a simple white t-shirt with black shorts, I walked down the lonely corridor to Heihachi's office. It was a beautiful area, yet the presence of evil was felt.

         &nb sp; 

         &nb sp;  Fear found it's way throughout my body as I walked past the many statues of ancient warriors. Each one of these warriors wore an unfriendly scowl. I felt almost as if I was to turn around and run. Why was I feeling this way? Heihachi was a nice man.

 

         &nb sp;  What if it's all an act? What if he acts nice just to cover up crimes? 'I'm thinking too much of it.' I thought to myself.

 

         &nb sp;  Upon reaching the mahogany door, I was hesitant to knock. I did anyway, and Heihachi soon opened it. "Hi Peter. Come on in." He seemed very courteous this afternoon. I wondered what it was that I was summoned for.

 

         &nb sp;  A man stepped around one of the marble countertops with a pad and pen in his hands. Heihachi explained. "Peter, we want some basic information from you. We're doing this for everybody. When the tournament takes place next month, every fighter must have a theme song to fight to. There are some other things that you will have to fill out as well. Don't worry, it's not as boring as you think. I'll leave you alone with this man here. His name is Dean Earwicker and he is an associate of mine. I will see you later." With that, he departed into a nearby conference room. I shook hands with the man named Dean Earwicker.

 

         &nb sp;  He had a killer grip, being tall and muscular. Then, he proceeded to ask me a series of questions. "Well first off, what song would you prefer to fight to?" I thought about it for a minute. One song came into my mind. It was the theme song for a martial arts movie called Mortal Kombat. I thought it would be cool, but I didn't want to look fake either; so I went with something else.

 

         &nb sp;  "I'll fight to Twilight Zone by 2 Unlimited." Dean nodded as he wrote it down. "Good choice." He told me as he began to hum the song. I found this to be funny, although I didn't show it.

 

         &nb sp;  "Okay, so it's gonna work like this Peter. Whoever you get paired up with, we will randomize the two songs. Next, what kind of battle ground would you prefer? It's just to see what we could do. Every year, we like to try and change things for the fans at home."

 

         &nb sp;  I thought about it for a second, then I replied with my top three most comfortable places. "Um…how about a graveyard, a rooftop, or a dark forest?" Dean nodded and wrote all three down.

 

         &nb sp;  Over the next couple of minutes, he asked me some other questions such as my cell number. Once he asked me my address, he said "Oh nevermind, King already told me." The fact that I was going to leave with one of the other fighters was barely sinking in. I could train with them and the like.

 

         &nb sp;  Dean then told me that I was finished. I smiled and thanked him. As I turned to take my leave, Dean stopped me and said "Oh wait! I've been meaning to ask you what your last name was." I turned slightly, although not looking him in the eye and answered "It's Colón." With that, I opened the door and stepped out.

 

         &nb sp;  I walked back down the hallway until I reached the main room again. Looking up to the exquisite chandelier that hung from the middle of the round ceiling, I wondered what the tournament would be like. No doubt it would be bloody, but there was just something…

 

         &nb sp;  "Oh well." I said to myself. It was then that I noticed Armor King walking over to me. I smiled and welcomed him. After offering me to work out with him, I then left to the gym. This should help me get my mind off things.

 

         &nb sp;  Later…

 

         &nb sp;  I arrive back at my room after training with Armor King. I feel so tired and Armor King told me that it was only the beginning; and that he would torture me back in Mexico. Yeah, I can't wait for that.

 

         &nb sp;  I am about to lay down on my bed when suddenly, I see my journal! It was in the corner of my room near the dresser, which is odd because I haven't even stepped in that area…well, I'm just glad I found it.

 

         &nb sp;  The next thing to do is to call my family and let them know that I will not be returning until after the tournament. I pick up my cell phone and begin dialing the number. My uncle picks up. We exchange greetings and I explain to him what is happening tomorrow. He seemed sad, but he agreed that it would be best that I got away for awhile.

 

         &nb sp;  After I finished speaking to him, I got in the shower to get tired. Earlier on today, King told me that he had taken care of everything for me. He got me a passport to cross the border, so I wasn't really worried. I'm so glad that he's taking the time out to get to know me. That's reassuring, but I know that tomorrow is going to be a sad day.

 

         &nb sp;  Next Day…

 

         &nb sp;  The other fighters seem to be just as sad as me. Most of them anyway. It's sad because we know that peace is finished. Next will be an event of pain and suffering. As everybody packs their things and get ready to leave, I look around to say goodbye to my friends.

 

         &nb sp;  I find Ling Xiaoyu and Panda in the lobby, bags in hand. "Xiao!" I call to her. She turns around with a gloomy expression and drags her feet over to me. She smiles and hugs me.

 

         &nb sp;  "I'm gonna miss you Pete. Don't quit the tournament! I wanna see you soon." I smile back and reassure her "Oh don't worry Xiao, you'll see me here again along with everybody else. She nods and gives me a thumbs up. Outside, a limo pulls up and guards step out of it. Xiao looks behind her to the limo, and then back to me.

 

         &nb sp;  "Well, that's my ride. See you soon?" She says. "Sure. Goodbye Xiao." I reply to her. She smiles and turns to leave. Panda gives me a warm and fuzzy hug before they both leave. Soon, they are in the limo and are on their way. I'm going to miss them.

 

         &nb sp;  I turn around and see Michelle turning in her room key. It's not long before we make eye contact. She smiles and walks over to me, pulling her rolling suitcase behind her. "Hi Peter!" She says. I smile and hug her. She asks "Are you going to miss me?" I laugh and nod.

 

         &nb sp;  Looking up to the ceiling, she says "You know, I want you to meet my daughter. You two would be perfect for each other." I look at her with a puzzled look on my face and say "You have a daughter? I never knew that."

 

         &nb sp;  "Her name is Julia Chang." She says. I begin to wonder what she is like. Suddenly, Michelle's eyes widen and she yells "What?! Sorry honey, I gotta go! That chick Anna is trying to steal my taxi!" I laugh as she runs away, trying to get to the taxi before Anna.

 

         &nb sp;  Turning around, I see her. Jun Kazama, looking beautiful. She is wearing her white top and black pants, holding a suitcase in both hands. I notice that she has a mournful smile as I gaze upon her. I walk over to her, my smile fading.

 

         &nb sp;  "What's wrong?" I ask her. She doesn't speak just yet, she just kind of stares. Her right hand wanders to my face, gently caressing my cheek. Her eyes become teary and I grab her hand. "Jun, what's happening?" I ask. She seems to be in a state of remorse. She then begins to speak.

 

         &nb sp;  "…There's so much unsaid…" I wonder what she is talking about. I try to make her smile by saying "We'll see each other soon. Don't worry, Ogre won't take us. He has better things to do." I hoped so anyway. She smiles, albeit a fake one; but one of pure tenderness. "It's time for you to go…" She says as she looks over my shoulder. I look back to see King and Armor King pretty much ready to leave. They looked around for me, and then upon seeing me, they motioned for me to come.

 

         &nb sp;  "Take this…" Jun said as she handed me the vial of her perfume that she had made. I took it and looked deep into her brown almond eyes. "It's so that you can remember me.." I choked down a throat full of tears and said "Jun, it's not like we're never going to see each other again." Something in her eyes told me otherwise. She embraced both of my hands after putting her suitcase down and told me "Don't give up. You'll know what to do when it happens. Have courage and remember others before yourself."

 

         &nb sp;  In total confusion, I gripped her hands tighter. "Go." She told me. She let go, picked her suitcase up again and smiled. I fought a tear as I hugged her goodbye, then turned away to leave with King. As I entered the limo, I looked through the tinted glass to see Jun's beautiful face one last time. Why was this so? Why do I feel like I really never will see her again? And as the car pulled out of the driveway, I could almost hear her voice in my head, telling me "Goodbye…"

 

         &nb sp;  Quickly, I turned my attention to King, who was eyeing me down. "You okay?" he asked. I nodded and rested my head against the black leather seat. Maybe if I sleep, this will all be better later on.

 

         &nb sp;              &nb sp;           Through The Eyes Of King

 

         &nb sp;  When I talked to Jun earlier, she had a sense of deep sadness. When we talked about Peter, she told me "King, never let that kid go. He's going to be your lifesaver." I didn't understand, but I basically thought that she meant to be good friends with Peter. I try to decipher Jun's message deeper when suddenly, I feel something on my shoulder. I look over and realize that Peter is fast asleep on it. I try not to move so as not to wake him.

 

         &nb sp;  Armor King looks over at this sight and begins to laugh. I hope Peter isn't one to drool!

 

         &nb sp;  Later…

 

         &nb sp;  Once our limo pulled to it's stop at the airport, I looked over to Peter who was still peacefully sleeping on my shoulder. I reached down with my left hand, and wiggled his ear gently, saying "Peter, we're at the airport now." Peter's eyelids opened slightly and he took in his surroundings again. He looked over to my shoulder as he tilted his head back up, that look of "Oh God, what did I just do?" clear on his face.

 

         &nb sp;  He looked up to me in an apologetic manner. "It's okay." I said while I smiled down to him. I grabbed my shoulder with my left hand and pushed down on it, a popping sound rewarding me. Peter shook himself awake before reaching into his pocket for a stick of gum. He offered Armor King and I a piece and we accepted; our ears pop more than regular humans on airplanes, so chewing something would help.

 

         &nb sp;  After All The Hassle Of The Airport…

 

         &nb sp;  We are finally aboard the plane and on our way home to Mexico. I sit near the aisle, Peter in the middle and Armor King in the window seat. These flights always take so long, I can't stand it. I turned my head and cracked my neck.

 

         &nb sp;  The tension being released felt so good. A few seconds later, Peter cracked his knuckles. I attempted the same with success shortly afterwards. Then, Peter cracked his wrists. Before we knew it, Peter and I were engaging in a contest of who could crack more. Once finished, we began to laugh, Armor King looking utterly disgusted.

 

         &nb sp;  Eventually, the flight ended and we rented a van to get back to the orphanage. I had hired a sitter to watch the kids while Armor King and I were gone. When we did get there, I noticed that Peter was afraid to go in. Peter stayed behind me as I unlocked the door.

 

         &nb sp;  As soon as that door opened, all of the kids stormed Armor King and I. I felt like the happiest man on earth. I dropped my bags and fell to my knees, giving each one of the children a firm hug.

 

         &nb sp;  "I missed you guys!" I said as I grabbed all the kids for a group hug.

 

         &nb sp;  "We all missed you so bad!" They replied. It was then that the sitter, Isabel entered the room. She was in her early forties and she was a kind woman. I could trust her with anything.

 

         &nb sp;  "You guys are making me late!" She yelled mockingly as she ran past me. "Hi Isabel." I replied with sarcasm.

 

         &nb sp;  "You said you were gonna be back by 5! It's 5:30! I gotta go!" She exclaimed worriedly as she grabbed her keys and dashed for the door. She noticed Peter and smiled, saying "hi" on her way out. After that, some of the kids noticed him as well. I stood up and they jumped behind me, obviously afraid of Peter.

 

         &nb sp;  "Mr. King, who's that?" One of them asked.

 

         &nb sp;  I grabbed Peter by his wrist and pulled him away from the door. "Everybody, I'd like you to meet Peter."

 

         &nb sp;  "Hi…" Peter said as he smiled, obviously shy. Later on, I showed Peter to his new room. It wasn't huge, but it was pretty comfortable. The other kids' rooms are upstairs. Armor King and I have rooms downstairs, and now Peter does too. When he got in, he was so tired that he fell right asleep. I hope that he'll be comfortable living here.