Tekken Fan Fiction ❯ The Untold Tekken Story 1: Gifts Of Death ❯ Life's End ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 

         &nb sp;               A Few Days Later… Through The Eyes Of Peter

 

         &nb sp;  Death. All around, death is felt. I lay on the ground of what appears to be an ancient cemetery. The grass is dried up and dead. The sky, blood red with black clouds. White lightning trickles thru the sky and thunder shakes the earth. Fear strikes my heart as I get up to look around.

 

         &nb sp;  "Wha-what is this?" I say aloud. Suddenly, a flash of green light appears before me. The body begins to form. I already know who it is. That devious grin could only belong to him. Ogre. I fall down to the ground and swing my right leg behind his knees. I'm completely shocked when my leg goes right thru him, completely ineffective.

 

         &nb sp;  He raises a powerful fist as if to strike me. I bring my arms in front of me, attempting to block it. I never feel anything. White light shines brilliantly in the air. The sky turns blue, clouds as white as snow. Flowers bloom rapidly from the ground. The graves become buried in flowers and vines. Green grass shoots forth from beneath me. That's when I smell it. The beautiful scent of cherry blossoms, just like the perfume that Jun had made.

 

         &nb sp;  I turn around to see the heavenly vision in white. Jun Kazama. Wind caresses her form. She is wearing a lovely white dress. She smiles at me and I run over to her. She lovingly embraces me.

 

         &nb sp;  "Peter…I'm so sorry that I worried you." She says to me. I let go of her and gave her a questioning look. She closed her eyes and spoke again. "I'm also sorry that I have to leave you." I asked her what she meant.

 

         &nb sp;  "I have to die…" She said. "No! Jun, no!" I yelled. She wiped away a tear.

 

         &nb sp;  "This is the way it has to be. I've been having nightmares about this for the longest time. It can't be avoided." She said. I looked down to the floor and began to cry. "Jun…please don't die…you were one of the first people to make me feel that life is worth living…I can't let you die…" My tears increased as she pulled me into her warm embrace once again.

 

         &nb sp;  "I'm so sorry Peter." I continued trying to bargain with her. "Jun please…don't leave me all alone in this world…" She ran her hand thru my hair while saying "Peter…you're not alone. You have King. Trust him." I now realized that I was going to lose my dear friend.

 

         &nb sp;  "It's time…" I backed away from her as thunder began to echo thru the sky. "I must protect my son…" Son?! The flowers around me died and the air become icy cold once again. Jun gave me one last smile before beginning to walk away. "Peter…remember everything that I ever told you…" she said as she continued to walk. Lightning began to hit the ground around me. "I love you…" Jun said just before fading away.

 

         &nb sp;  I stood alone, just like in the beginning. "Jun…" I whispered as a lightning bolt came crashing down onto me. Darkness. I felt hands on my shoulders, shaking me. No…has Ogre come for me too? I kick around in the darkness until a light flicks on. I see Armor King standing by my door. King is kneeling over me. It was a nightmare…

 

         &nb sp;  "Peter! What's wrong?!" King says. I reach up to my face to realize that it's drenched in tears. Armor King goes upstairs to comfort the children. "You were crying out." King said as he closed my door. "What's the matter?" he asked as he sat down on the bed next to me.

 

         &nb sp;  "It's Jun…" I manage to say. King looks at me. "She's…she's dead." I burst into tears again, King's hand on my shoulder attempting to comfort me.

 

         &nb sp;  2 Days Later

 

         &nb sp;  A lunging kick, left fist, right palm attack, knee kick, elbow stab. The sound of a chain rattling violently. "Nough!!" I cried out as I spun in the air, the force of my spinning kick was enough to break the chain of the battered punching bag. "Good job!!" Armor King yelled to me. I barely heard him as I was too busy thinking of Jun. She didn't deserve to die. Ogre had to have done this.

 

         &nb sp;  I've been having nightmares about other fighters as well. Sure enough, the next day I would hear about their sudden disappearance on the news. I only have two weeks left before the tournament. Armor King has been pushing me to fight like I've never fought before. King's been busy in his wrestling tournaments, trying to earn enough money to pay off his bills.

 

         &nb sp;  As I collapsed to my knees, I panted for air. Armor King tossed a green towel to me and I caught it, using it to wipe the sweat off of my body. "Peter, you broke another one?!" I turn at the sound of this voice and see King.

 

         &nb sp;  "Yeah, sorry big guy. It's all Armor's fault!" Armor King nodded and King playfully punched his arm. I stood up and said "Well, I'm gonna go hit the showers." Little did I know, but my life was going to completely change.

 

         &nb sp;  After I finished showering, I got dressed and sat on the couch as King played with the children in the back yard. Armor King had gone out to take care of something. The phone rang into my ears and I picked it up with curiosity.

 

         &nb sp;  "Hello?" An unfamiliar voice replied to me. "Yes this is him speaking." I said. He told me that I should sit down, as this might shock me.

 

         &nb sp;  After a few minutes, I hung up the phone in complete shock. Walking over to my room, I grabbed one of my family pictures off of the wall. I stared at it longingly, noticeable to King who had just walked in quietly.

 

         &nb sp;  "Did your family just call?" He asked. I remained silent. Suddenly, I threw the picture to the floor, smashing it to pieces. King jumped as I yelled "I don't have a family anymore!!!"

 

         &nb sp;  "What do you mean?!" King asked in shock. I spun around with hated for the world building up inside of me and answered "They're ALL dead!!! My WHOLE family!! NOBODY survived!!" Suddenly, I collapsed to my knees crying out in anguish. King ran over and knelt down next to me, wrapping his arms around me. I fought his grasp.

 

         &nb sp;  "No! Stop! Let go!!" King held on tighter as I threw punches to his chest. "King! Get the hell off me!!!" King just held on and ignored my attacks. I realized what I was doing and I felt terrible. I stopped hitting him slowly as I cried harder. "I'm sorry..King I didn't mean…Oh God…" I wailed to myself.

 

         &nb sp;  "It's fine…Peter, it's okay, you're going to be fine ok?..." King said. King sat cradling me in his arms for what seemed like hours. I began to quiet down and all energy escaped me. The last thing I remember was my head falling into King's bruised chest as my eyelids slammed shut.

 

         &nb sp;  Blackness. Ogre held me by my throat, my body dangling in the air. "Give me back my power!" He yelled into my face. I attempted to fight back, but my body was completely frozen. He dropped me to the floor and smiled as he forced me to see the deaths of my entire family. He had killed them, each and every one. Not even a distant cousin survived his wrath. I looked away and closed my eyes, only to see the images behind my eyelids.

 

         &nb sp;  "Stop it!" I cried out as I moved around frantically, trying to destroy the images. "Then kill yourself…" Ogre replied. The screams of my parents, siblings, grandparents, cousins, aunts, and uncles rang throughout my head as I watched them all die in horrible ways.

 

         &nb sp;  "Ogre you bastard! Why did you do it?!" I ran forward to him, hatred building as I threw the strongest punch I had ever thrown. Ogre stepped aside. If that punch had landed, it probably would have broken my fist. He kicked my back and I fell to my knees.

 

         &nb sp;  "I hate you…" I whispered to Ogre. "I often have that effect. But enough about me, let's talk about you. Now you have nobody. Do you think King actually cares for you? You're like garbage to him."

 

         &nb sp;  "That's not true…" I whispered. He laughed and said "Please, don't kid yourself. He secretly hates you. You're the worst kid he ever had in his household. The day you die, is the day he becomes the happiest man alive. You're a terrible burden on him, and Armor King too. So why not just die?"

 

         &nb sp;  Tears rose to my eyes, filling them until I could no longer see. "Die…" he said as I began to awaken. King was sleeping next to me on a chair. I cannot burden him any longer. I cannot burden anyone ever again. For once, Ogre had given me some good advice. I'm going to kill myself.

 

Author's Note: ?! He's going to kill himself?! What will happen here?!