Tekken Fan Fiction ❯ The Untold Tekken Story 1: Gifts Of Death ❯ A Savior With A Promise ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 

Chapter 10: A Savior With A Promise

 

Through The Eyes Of Peter

 

I quietly rose up out of the bed and tip toed out of the door. From there, I walked down the hall to the kitchen. I searched for the sharpest blade and ran it across my wrist. I groaned quietly as blood ran down my arm.

 

"This is it…" I said. I raised the knife out before my stomach and gripped it firmly. Hesitation. "I can't do this in here." I whispered. So I snuck out the back door and ran across the hard earth as fast as I could, jumping over the wooden fence with Olympic skill. The moon lit the way for me, helping me not to run into any cactus or something.

 

Finally, I fell to my knees, knife in hand. I tried not to cry as I held the knife out before my stomach again. "Everybody, I'm sorry…" Suddenly, somebody tackled me to my back. Rough hands grabbed at my wrists, his right hand slipping off of my left wrist as the blood dripped down. I was scared, but happy in a way. Somebody was going to do the job for me. I just hope that he's not a rapist. Then I would have to leave in a gross manner.

 

I tried to hold on to the knife as his other hand pried my hand open. He took the knife and threw it away. How is he going to kill me then? His rough hands pinned my shoulders to the earth. My body was unable to move since it was being straddled in between muscular legs. I was shocked when I felt water hitting my face. Tears?

 

"Don't do that. I would be crushed if you did that." The voice sounded familiar. "Promise me you'll never try that again." In confusion, I asked "King?" His hands wrapped around my throat as he picked my head up and slammed it back down against the ground.

         &nb sp; 

"Promise me!!" He yelled. I finally looked up to his glittering eyes, just like a cat in the night. It was King. His hands loosened on my neck as I said "Okay." I couldn't see him all that well since he was in the way of the moon. He wiped his face and eyes against his arm before getting off of me.

 

He took hold of my bloody wrist as I stood up. "C'mon. Let's get you cleaned up okay?" His angry/sad mood turned completely into one of sincere concern. He helped me back to the house. Everybody still remained asleep except for Armor King. He said that he would talk to King later.

 

King sat me down in a chair as Armor King rummaged thru the bathroom medicine cabinets for medications and bandages. I sat patiently as King applied the cream to my cut. It stung and I grabbed the edge of the chair in agony. King took the bandage and said "You're bleeding a lot. I'll have to tie this tight, so it might hurt a little."

 

He squeezed the bandage tightly around my wrist. I moaned out as it felt as if the cut was twisting. "Sorry." King said. He finished trying the knot as I looked upon his jaguar features. "Thank you." I said.

 

King stood up and nodded. Armor King walked over and suggested that I try and sleep. I agreed, as did King. "I'll stay with him." King said to Armor King.

 

"King, it's fine. I'll-"

 

"No. I'm staying with you tonight. Don't be stubborn." He replied. I nodded as I stood up. I walked into my room and I laid down on my bed, King came in and closed the door. Then, he walked over to the window and opened it, the cool breeze flowing in.

 

He sat back in the chair and turned off the light. "I'm-I'm sorry…I shouldn't have doubted your feelings for me." I said.

 

"You've been thru a lot. I understand and it's okay." He turned the light back on.

 

"I was thinking…I mean, I know you'll never be able to forget your parents…" He said.

 

"Go on." I encouraged.

 

"Okay, well I know that I can't replace them, but I want to…I want to adopt you."

 

My eyes widened and he began to falter a bit. "I-I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked you that." He said as he looked to the floor.

 

"No…it's okay. I'm willing to give you a chance…you gave ME one, why not return the favor?" I replied. King looked at me and smiled.

 

"Get some rest. I'll take care of everything tomorrow. Good night." He said as he turned off the light.

 

"Good night." I replied. It's funny, I feel so safe with him guarding me. "Oh and King?"

 

"Yes?" His voice answered in the dark.

 

"Thank you. For accepting me."