Tekken Fan Fiction ❯ The Untold Tekken Story 1: Gifts Of Death ❯ The Beginning Of The Dreaded Tournament ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 13: The Beginning Of The Dreaded Tournament

 

         &nb sp;  Through The Eyes Of Peter

 

         &nb sp;  The time has come. The limo pulls up to the all too familiar Mishima Grand Hotel. The tournament starts tomorrow and I'm ready to fight. I haven't told anyone, but I have continued to enter to protect King. I've been having nightmares about Ogre killing him. In order to prevent this, I must win the tournament, even if it means defeating King myself.

 

         &nb sp;  I step out of the limo, King and Armor King followed me. Our bags were being carried by some hotel employees. King put his hand on my shoulder as he said "Alright, here we go." I nodded and we walked into the extravagant hotel. I began to recognize everything all over again. The three of us have rooms next to each other. We all greeted old friends. Xiaoyu was exceptionally happy to see me. After a few minutes of chit chat, we took our bags and went to unpack.

 

         &nb sp;  Later…

 

         &nb sp;  I walked over to the receptionist and asked her who my first fight was with and when. "Oh Mr. Colón, your first fight is tomorrow with Lei Wulong. Here are the details."

 

         &nb sp;  I thanked her as she handed me the sheet with my information on it. Lei Wulong. I remember him. He is a cop. "This might be tougher than I thought." I said to myself as I turned around.

 

         &nb sp;  As I turned around, I bumped into someone behind me. "Oh excuse me." I said. A polite voice answered me. "It's fine." I looked into the girl's face. She was beautiful with her blue jeans and green t-shirt. Long hair braided behind her back as she wore a feathered headband. Her light brown eyes peered into mine as my jaw practically dropped.

 

         &nb sp;  She held her hand out to me as she introduced herself. "My name is Julia Chang. What's yours?" I reached my hand out to hers and replied "I'm Peter Colón. You're Michelle's daughter?" She smiled and nodded.

 

         &nb sp;  "I'm a late addition to the tournament. Michelle came to meet somebody here and never returned. I got a letter saying that if I wanted her back, I'd have to give them this." With that, she pulled a beautiful golden necklace out of her pocket.

 

         &nb sp;  "It's beautiful…" I said. She smiled and replied "It's good for one wish according to legend. I haven't used it yet. These people probably know it's power and want to use it for evil. I have to find my mother before it's too late."

 

         &nb sp;  I smiled at her and said "I'm sure you'll find her. Don't worry, she's not in any danger right now." I know this because Ogre hasn't targeted her in my dreams, so it might've been Heihachi trying to gain power. Michelle will definitely turn up safe.

 

         &nb sp;  Julia looked at me like "How do YOU know?" I smiled and said "I'm sure anyway, she's a tough woman." I heard Xiaoyu call me over as I gazed into Julia's precious eyes. Michelle was right about me meeting her. I'm heavily attracted to her now.

 

         &nb sp;  "I'll see you later." I said as I walked towards Xiaoyu, my eyes having a hard time looking away from the goddess. "See ya." She replied as she turned her attention to the receptionist.

 

         &nb sp;  "OOOOHHHH…Peter's got a crush on the new girl…" Xiaoyu said. I blushed and looked at her. "Shh.." I whispered. Xiaoyu laughed before saying "C'mon, we've got of training to do!" She took hold of my arm and ran towards the dojo area. Well, I guess I could use it.

 

         &nb sp;  Next Day…

 

         &nb sp;  The crowd cheers as my match is about to begin. I have huge butterflies in my stomach. I step into the center of the sandy arena. I'm wearing a yellow reflective t-shirt with a dark green stripe across my chest and I'm also wearing a pair of matching green shorts. I kick the sand around with my black sneakers as Lei walks in. He's wearing a green Chinese garb with magenta colored silk pants, the yellow leaf designs not going unnoticed to my eyes.

 

         &nb sp;  The referee calls us to the center and explains the rules to us. One phrase caught my attention. "In the event of death…" I was mortified, but I didn't wear it on my face as I reached my hand out to Lei's. He firmly shook it and said "Good luck."

 

         &nb sp;  I nodded as we both turned to walk to our starting places. The announcer began to speak. "Ok! Peter Colón vs. Lei Wulong!" Lei waved his palms in front of him before slowly going into his stance. I crossed my right leg over my left as I stood with an invisible bow and arrow, before spinning around and stopping perfectly in my stance.

 

         &nb sp;  "Ready?" A drop of sweat fell from my eyebrow. "Fight!" The audience roared as Lei charged at me, fist coming around to my face. I reacted quickly with a block, then a punch to his stomach before I rolled past his right side. Lei grunted as he grabbed his stomach, but he recovered quickly. He spun around to face me as I stood up.

 

         &nb sp;  This time, I took the initiative and cartwheeled right into his body. Lei blocked the attack as best as he could before I swung my right leg behind his knees. He fell to the ground, but rolled to his feet quickly. I chased after him with a right punch. Lei caught it, so I punched with my left fist. He caught that one as well and what came next, I was totally unprepared for.

 

         &nb sp;  He jumped with both feet against my chest while still holding my wrists. Then, he flipped off of me backwards, kicking me feet away and onto the sandy floor. I could hear King yelling for me to get up as Lei ran over to me. I sat up coughing as he charged. Thinking quickly, I slammed my foot into his groin area as he attempted to Ultimate Tackle me. I could hear the men of the audience crying out, almost as if they could feel Lei's pain.

 

         &nb sp;  I rolled backwards and rose to my feet, giving Lei a generous chance to recover. Looking past Lei, I saw Julia looking on in the audience. We made eye contact for a brief second, before Lei stood up and got back into his stance, face red with pain. I dropped back into my stance, left fist in front of my right, both in front of my face and chest as I balanced my weight with my left leg bent in front of me, right leg bent behind me. I spun around to roundhouse kick Lei, but suddenly he was gone.

 

         &nb sp;  He had dropped to the floor, laying on his stomach as he punched at my left ankle. I collapsed from the pain as Lei stood up, spinning around in the air, bringing his right leg down into my right shoulder and neck. Groaning with the pain, I fell to my stomach and shielded my face in case of an unexpected kick.

 

         &nb sp;  Ignoring the pain, I rolled forward and kicked Lei's knees with both of my feet. He stumbled backwards, knees popping in and out of place as I jumped to my feet. I then faked him out with a punch to his face which never hit. While he was blocking my fist, I quickly changed direction and rammed it into his gut. He grabbed his stomach and gagged. I never expected him to spin kick my face, which unfortunately sent me spiraling to the ground.

 

         &nb sp;  I landed on my back painfully, becoming dizzy immediately. Lei slowly got back into his stance as I stumbled to my feet. I had a plan this time.

         &nb sp;  Flashback: I spun around to roundhouse kick Lei, but suddenly he was gone. He had dropped to the floor, laying on his stomach…

 

         &nb sp;  I charged at him and roundhouse kicked. Sure enough, he dropped to the floor again. My plan was perfectly executed as I dropped my body weight down on to him, fist against my chest and my elbow outstretched. Lei attempted to roll over to his back, but it was too late. My elbow slammed into his gut, causing him to cry out in agony as he fell unconscious.

 

         &nb sp;  I rolled to my feet expecting another attack, but Lei did not move any further. The refreshing "K.O.!!" was yelled over the loud speakers as the medical staff began to run into the arena for Lei. I cartwheeled to my left and stood, right arm up in the air with a tight fist. "Peter wins!" The crowd screamed and the cameras flashed. I did it, I really won! I leaped out of the arena and ran to my new step-father, King. I hugged him with excitement as I yelled "I did it! I won my first official match!" He patted my head as I let go and heard him reply "Good job! You fought well!"

 

         &nb sp;  I turned towards Julia and observed her glamorous smile. I was then that I felt that pain from Lei's kick return as all the voices became slower, everybody around me turning into showy displays of light. I collapsed backwards, only to be caught by King. The last thing I heard was the audience screaming as King yelled "Peter! Hang on!"

 

         &nb sp;  Darkness. Rain in the dark night. I look up ahead of me and see King. It's the nightmare again. Ogre appears behind him and a white flash appears, taking King along with Ogre. A church. I watched as hooded figures carry a coffin to the cemetery behind the church grounds. I swallow deeply as I follow them. They lower the coffin into an empty hole and reach for shovels.

 

         &nb sp;  I look down into the hole and I hear someone banging on the coffin, crying out. They are still alive! "Stop! That person isn't dead!" I scream to the crowd. They ignore me and continue to bury the coffin. I swing my arms at the necks of the hooded figures, but my arm goes right thru them. I'm powerless to stop them. Soon, the hole is completely buried and the crowd parts. They split like the Red Sea and look my way.

 

         &nb sp;  I cautiously walk forward to the tombstone and fall to my knees, knowing wha it will say. "Here Lies King" Ogre appears in front of me and smiles. "I'll get him." He says. My eyes burst open to see a bright light above me. It's a little too bright. I'm wearing an uncomfortable green gown of some sort. I sat up on the uncomfortable bed and looked next to me. King was asleep on a chair. It's funny, he was snoring slightly. I chose not to wake him, he'd probably been up awhile watching over me.

 

         &nb sp;  I realize that I'm in the hotel infirmary. Getting out of the bed, I dress myself in my clothing again. It's long before King wakes up. "Oh thank God, you're okay." He says. I smile and say "Yeah, I'm fine. Is Lei ok?"

 

         &nb sp;  "He'll be fine. You almost dislocated his knees. He's fine though, he's just upset that he underestimated you." King replies. I nod and say "If you don't mind, I'm kind of hungry. Can I go?" King looked around and said "Yeah, you're fine now."

 

         &nb sp;  Later…

 

         &nb sp;  King and I sit at one of the cafeteria tables, trays in front of us. As we ate, King looked troubled about something. Soon, he put his food down and said "I can't eat anymore." I swallowed the food in my mouth and asked "What's wrong?" He shook his head slightly.

 

         &nb sp;  "I'm okay, I just have a lot on my mind. I'm gonna go to the gym. You gonna be alright?" He asks me.

 

         &nb sp;  "Yeah, I'm good. I hope you feel better." He thanked me as he stood up and walked away. Loneliness. The cafeteria bustled with the many fighters. Several of them gave me a respectful nod. I looked around and caught eye contact with Paul Phoenix. He gave me a nasty look as I rolled my eyes and turned back around. Suddenly, that voice.

 

         &nb sp;  "Hi Peter. Do you mind if I sit with you?" It was Julia. "No, I don't mind. Sit down." She smiles as she sits before digging into her food. In between nibbles, she spoke. "Just had a fight with Anna Williams."

 

         &nb sp;  "You did?! Who won?" Afraid she was going to say she lost. "I did." I smiled with relief. We spoke for awhile and as we laughed, I couldn't help but realize how beautiful she was. She made me forget about my last love, Sylvia.

 

         &nb sp;  My relationship with Sylvia was a sad one. I loved her, but she didn't love me back. In fact, she hated me. A couple of times, she even told me to die. Do you know what it feels like to have the one you love hate you with a passion? It hurts. Julia was starting to make Sylvia fade away. Bye bye Sylvia!

 

         &nb sp;