Tekken Fan Fiction ❯ The Untold Tekken Story 1: Gifts Of Death ❯ One Step Closer ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 14: One Step Closer   Through The Eyes Of King              ;  I can’t stop thinking about how much I want revenge. Revenge against Ogre. I leave the gym with these thoughts in mind. I got a notice that my first fight is tomorrow. It’s against Hwoarang. I go back to the cafeteria to tell Peter. It’s funny, he’s my step-son but he’s more like a best friend. Only he and Armor King know everything that I’ve been through. Anyways, I see Peter hanging out with Julia. Ling Xiaoyu told me that he had a crush on her. They do look good together, I’ll admit that.     I decide to sneak up behind them. As I walked, Xiaoyu excitedly greeted me. I motioned for her to be quiet as we both walked behind them. We listened to their conversation for a minute.                “Peter, I’m just worried that I won’t find Michelle.” Julia said. Peter shook his head and said “You’ll find her, even if it means that I’ll get involved.” Julia smiled and soon, both her and Peter’s hands joined. Xiao smiled and pointed to their hands, trying to be quiet. I whispered into her ear, telling her to count with me to three.             & nbsp; “Hello!!!” We both yelled. Julia and Peter jumped up and looked at us, cheeks red with embarrassment. Peter looked at Julia and said “I-I’ll see you later.” Before walking past me. Xiaoyu grabbed Julia’s arm and pulled her away to talk.             &n bsp; “So…you like Julia?” I asked. Peter turned around shyly and said “So how are you feeling? Better I hope.” Oh, subject changer. I went along with him and said “ Yeah, I have a fight with Hwoarang tomorrow.” He looked up and thought before saying “Oh, I know him. We had a kicking contest before. He won. I was able to do the harder kicks, he was just faster.” I exhaled at the reply made by Peter. Peter was pretty quick with his kicking skills, but this guy was faster? I don’t want to lose my first fight.             & nbsp; We started to walk down the hallway, passing large windows holding all of their gorgeous sights. Suddenly, Peter pushed me against the wall. “That’s for scaring the crap out of me earlier.” He smiled at me and walked ahead. “Oh really?” I jumped on his back, my weight forcing him to the floor as I held him in a headlock. “Do you think you’re slick?” I asked before I gave him a firm noogie.                “Ah! King stop please! That hurts!” He yelled over my laughter.            &nbs p;  Next Day…             ;   I stretch out in the beautiful area. Greenery surrounding me as well as large trees, and even a few small streams. An area was cleared for the fight just about to take place. Camera men hooked up their machines nearby because the audience was not allowed to be too close to the two fighters. The fight was being relayed back to one of the theaters nearby. There, the fans could watch without interfering. Hwoarang stepped out from behind one of the trees and smiled. “So, I’m gonna beat you?” I shook my head and ignored his pitiful taunts. One of the officials called us to the center of the area and explained the rules to us. Armor King, Peter, Julia, as well as Xiaoyu stood in the nearby bleachers. Only officials and other fighters could be close in an open area such as this forest.                I stood facing Hwoarang before it was time to fight. We both dropped into our stances as the announcer yelled “Ready?!” I have to win.             &nb sp; “Fight!!!” Hwoarang started with a flurry of side kicks. I stepped back as he began to move forward as he kicked. Once he started to lose his balance, I grabbed his leg and turned around, holding his leg in between my legs. I fell to my back and so did he, and he cried out as soon as I twisted his leg.             &nb sp; As I rolled to my feet, he stumbled up to his feet, his right leg a little flimsy. “Yaaahhhh!!” He cried out as he threw a right punch, then a left. I blocked them both, but he caught me off guard with a spinning back kick to the face. I fell back to the ground and touched my face where I was hit. It was almost throbbing. I roared as I jumped to my feet and performed my Disgraceful Kick. Hwoarang was hit in the stomach and he flew back to the ground.                I ran forward and tackled him, getting on top of him and punching his face with both of my powerful fists. He let out a cry and kicked my chest. I stumbled backwards and went on guard as he was beginning to kick at my head. I blocked my face, but Hwoarang kicked me in my side. I choked out and backed up a bit. Hwoarang continued to come after me with a few kicks. I remembered a move that Peter had taught me and I waited for the right moment. Great. He kicked at my chest and I grabbed his ankle. Then I stepped on his other foot and held his leg high over my head as I let my body weight collapse on top of him. *Crack!* He landed on his back and his leg went past his shoulder.            &nbs p;  “Aaaaahhh!!!” He cried out as his leg was now broken. That was Peter’s Road Pavement move. I rolled off of him and stood as the ref. came over. He checked him and stood up waving his arms, signaling defeat.                “K.O.! King wins!” The announcer yelled. I was so happy that I won my first match that I pumped my arm into the air three times while roaring. The paramedics rushed over to the area and picked up the now unconscious Hwoarang. I looked over to Peter, as he was cheering my name with Julia and Xiaoyu over and over. I looked over as Armor King gave me an encouraging thumbs up. I did it. I was now one step closer to winning the tournament.