Tekken Fan Fiction ❯ The Untold Tekken Story 1: Gifts Of Death ❯ Aided By Hatred ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 16: Aided By Hatred   Through The Eyes Of Peter   Today is the day. The day that I go up against the one whom everyone thinks will win this tournament. We are fighting in a back alley somewhere in Tokyo. I lean against one of the blue dumpsters in the abnormally large alley. The cameramen were still setting up, almost finished.            &nbs p;  I’m wearing my dark blue jeans, black button down shirt, and black trench coat. In my hand, I fumbled with the wedding bands of my parents. I feel as if they are here. The announcer comes over to the cameramen; I was standing nearby.                “Where the hell is this Paul Phoenix guy?! He’s always late, he thinks he runs the show.” He said. One of the cameramen whispered back “Maybe, but I bet you he wins this fight.” I pretended as if I didn’t hear that as I stretched out my arms and legs. I’ll show them.             &n bsp; After another ten minutes of waiting, Paul Phoenix finally showed up. He was wearing an all black leather biker outfit, with the jacket to match. He walked forward, readjusting his black cut-off gloves. He looked me up and down and laughed.              ;  Arrogant bastard. The ref. did the routine rule explanations. I didn’t bother to listen; I just pulled the black leather cut off gloves out of my pocket and slipped them on. Speakers were set up on the walls, a message coming across them as Paul and I dropped into our stances.              ;  “Ready?!” I was more than ready. Suddenly, my theme music came blasting over the speakers. The beat of the PK Hard Trance Mix of Twilight Zone made my blood pump. “Fight!!” Paul slammed into me with his Shoulder Slam. After landing on my back, I grunted with anger. King, Armor King, Julia, and Xiaoyu cheered for me to get up. I rolled to my feet and performed my One-Handed Cartwheel Kick. My legs hit Paul’s shoulder, one after the other. After I landed, I dropped to the floor and swung my right leg behind his knees. Without hesitation, he collapsed to the floor. He hopped right back up to his feet and jumped into the air, kicking my face with both legs. I stumbled backwards and felt that warm, tingly feeling come down my nose. Sure enough, blood began to drip down freely to the floor.             & nbsp; The ref. asked me if I wanted to continue. I gave him a stern look and dropped back into my stance, blood still falling down my face and into the crack between my lips. I yelled out as I ran forward, jumped onto and off of Paul’s knee, and kicked his face. While still in the air, I turned so that I landed sitting on Paul’s right shoulder, and then I fell to the ground holding Paul’s head in between my legs.             &n bsp; He hit the floor and grabbed his throat as I rolled to my feet. He coughed a bit and I heard some of the onlookers whispering how they would have never believed I could hurt him like that. Well believe it, I just did it. Paul yelled out and jumped to his feet, charging at me. As he came closer, I lowered my upper body to the floor and pivoted my right ankle. My left leg swung around with my body and kicked Paul’s chest. As I was coming up, I noticed Paul drawing back his fist. A strange flame burned around it as he cried out and threw his fist into my stomach.              ;  I flew back about seven feet away and landed on my back. ‘Some punch’, I thought as I rolled over and grabbed my stomach. Paul ran over to me and knelt down, punching my back in the process. The many civilian onlookers cheered for Paul and he got caught up in the moment. He turned his back to me, waving his arms around in the air and chanting like an idiot. I almost wanted to forfeit, but I couldn’t let King down. I ignored the massive pain in my stomach and grabbed his legs in between mine. Then, I rolled over, throwing Paul down on his knees before I got up. Paul jumped for me and grabbed hold of my trench coat. I cried out as he yanked me down to the ground, using his arms and legs to wrap around me. His right arm laid firmly across my throat, causing me to choke.             & nbsp; “Give up! I got you!” Paul yelled into my ear. Never. I grabbed his arm and shoved my fingers into his inner elbow. After I used this pressure point, he yelled and let go, only to re-grab my trench coat. I continued to rise and as I did, he ripped the trench coat right off of me. Now I was REALLY angry. That was my favorite coat! He rose to his feet and threw a flurry of punches at me. I blocked all of them, except for the last one. After I was hit in my face, my head jerked to the side violently.            &nb sp;  As I turned around, I saw Paul attempting that ‘flame punch’ again. He cried out and threw the punch. I bent my stomach to the side, causing Paul to miss the attack altogether. I quickly grabbed his arm and put my right hand on the floor as I Cartwheel Kicked his face. Both of my legs connected with his jaw and he moaned out. Continuing to hold his arm, I got back up and rolled my arm quickly, causing him to spin around. With all my might, I yelled out and thrusted my left palm into the back of his shoulder as I pulled his wrist back to me. *Snap!* Paul’s arm popped out of his shoulder joint and he fell to the ground in agony. The onlookers were quiet at first, but then they cheered for me.             &nbs p; “K.O.! Peter Colón wins!” I did a quick victory pose for the cameras before I knelt down to Paul. “You owe me a new damn trench coat.” With that, I rose up and held my stomach as I walked over to King. Julia hugged me and I got a pat on the back from King. Xiaoyu was shocked at how I turned the match so quickly. We all watched as the medical team carried Paul away. Suddenly, as I was looking down a hand reached out in front of me. I looked up to see a Japanese boy older than me. His black hair was gelled up behind his head. He had a good build and he was wearing black pants with an orange flame design going up one leg. I reached my hand to his as he said “Congratulations Peter. My mom was right about you.” I looked at him and asked “Who are you?” He smiled as he said, “Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself. I’m Jin Kazama.”             ;   This is Jun’s son?! Xiaoyu seemed happy to see him. I shook his hand again and said “It’s nice to meet you!”            &n bsp;  Narrator:           &nb sp;   And so the tournament continued. Soon, the only fighters left were Xiaoyu, Peter, Jin, and King. Once these four were down to one, that fighter would move on to fight Heihachi and then Ogre. Jin and Peter had become pretty good friends, often speaking about Jun. Peter was relieved to know that Heihachi promised Michelle back to Julia once the tournament was over. Apparently, the treasure he was looking for was gone. His relief was shot down once he found out that his next fight was with Ling Xiaoyu. King was to fight Jin Kazama at the same time elsewhere. Finally, the top two would go against each other after these two matches.