Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Love's a Sneaky B@$t@rd (an off-beat love story) ❯ Warning From the Future ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author: Murasaki Rose
Email: jianu_dbz@hotmail.com, or murasaki_rose@dbzmail.com
Archive?: Go for it! Just let me know where so I can link to ya!

Title: Love's a Sneaky Bastard
Warnings: language
Rating: PG-13 (may change later on)
Series: DBZ/Tenchi
Couples: V/B, G/R, K/18
Genre: Crossover - Action/Adventure, Romance

**********************

Chapter 2 - Warning From the Future

"Mrreeooww!!"

Looking to the sky and smiling, the strange, lavender haired boy stood. "They're here," he murmured to his hooded companion, watching as the oddly shaped ship known as Ryo-ohki landed. "Come on!" he cried, flying out to greet them.

The other Z senshi followed, stopping meters away from the ship, they were surprised to see not only Goku, but a beautiful woman with spiky light blue hair, *appear* right in front of the craft. Joyous cries of relief and delight greeted the saiya-jin warrior and his companion.

"Think they missed you?" Ryoko joked, elbowing Goku in the ribs.

"Nah," he replied, unable to keep the grin off his face as his son barreled towards him.

"Otousan!" Gohan cried, leaping into his father's arms. "You're back! You're really back!"

Goku held Gohan close, burying his nose into the boy's spiky hair, and wrapping his tail around Gohan's waist. Ryoko smiled at the touching scene, turning away to give them a bit of privacy. "Ryo-ohki! Come down!"

"Meow!"

Father and son lifted their head in time to watch as the huge spaceship shrunk into a small animal that looked an awful lot like a rabbit, but like a cat too. "No matter how many times I see that, it's still looks cool," Goku said admiringly.

"`Tousan, what's that?" Gohan asked, his eyes never leaving the small creature that had bounded up to perch on Ryoko's shoulder.

"And who's your lady friend?" Kuririn asked, arching an eyebrow at his best friend.

"Oh, gomen minna! This is Ryoko, she rescued me after my ship got caught in an asteroid field. An that little one on her shoulder is Ryo-ohki, she's a cabbit. Ryoko, this is my son Gohan and my friends: Kuririn, Yamcha, Bulma, Tenshinhan, Chouzu, Piccolo . . . " Goku paused in confusion when he got to the mystery pair, "Ano, I don't know those guys and the scowling guy over there is Vegeta."

"Yo," she greeted, with what she hoped was a non-threatening smile. Her smile quickly changed into a scowl at the strange looks she was getting from some of them. "Nani."

"You spent an entire year with Goku?" Yamcha asked.

"Hai."

"Alone."

"Yeah. What's it matter to you anyway?" she growled, clenching her fists. She knew what he was implying and she didn't like it one bit. Sure, in her younger days she might have tried something, but spending the last 200 years dodging the Kold family had matured her greatly.

Bulma's eyes narrowed, "Leave her alone Yamcha."

"But . ."

"I mean it!" the blue-haired genius snarled, making her beau quail at her wrath. Scowling, the scarred warrior shoved his hands in his pockets and tried not to look Bulma in the eye. He was just being a concerned friend, after all this woman had been alone with the saiya-jin for a whole year, and they all knew Goku was horribly naive.

Shrugging his shoulders at the couple's weird, but typical, behavior Goku placed Gohan on his feet and scratched the back of his head thoughtfully. "So, how'd ya know I was comin'? And who beat Frieza? Piccolo? Vegeta?"

Bulma smiled brightly and put a hand on each of the mystery teens' shoulders. "They beat Frieza and told us when and where you'd be arriving."

"Sugei!! But who are they?"

"You mean you don't know?!"

Goku shook his head, "Nope, I've never seen them before."

"The boy claims to be saiya-jin and the girl has said nothing."

"Another saiya-jin?! But I thought you, me, an' Gohan were the last ones?"

"We ARE the last ones!" Vegeta snarled, pain flashing momentarily in his eyes.

"But Vegeta-san, we saw that guy turn super saiya-jin," Gohan piped up in the teen's defense.

"WOW!!! You're a super saiya-jin too?!"

As Goku gawped at the youths, the lavender-haired one asked if they could speak with him alone. Shrugging his shoulders, the brawny saiya-jin agreed and the three flew a short distance away. The rest of the gang watched in awe as Goku and the male youth turned super saiya-jin then had a brief fight before powering down, talking amongst themselves over this new development.

Standing away from the group, Ryoko observed the battle with renewed awe, respect, and lust for the saiya-jin warrior. Son Goku was a magnificent specimen, by most any species' standards. It didn't hurt that he was sweet, kind, gentle, loving, loyal, and more. Sighing to herself, she was pulled from her reverie by a nearby voice.

"So you're the infamous space-pirate Ryoko."

Turning `round she addressed the speaker just as smoothly, "That's former space-pirate to you, ouji-sama. I gave that up when Frieza was still a tadpole." She smirked and arched an eyebrow, "And correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe YOUR reputation far outdoes mine."

Vegeta smirked back, "True, onna. But I wanted to see the woman that's been driving those bastards crazy all these years for myself."

Ryoko batted wide, glittering eyes at the saiya-jin prince, "You mean sweet, innocent, little me?"

"Che. You're neither sweet nor innocent, onna."

Shrugging her shoulders the former space pirate returned her attention to Goku who was heading their way again minus the two mystery senshi. Taking note of his distracted and nervous behavior Ryoko met him midway, "What's wrong?"

"Nothin'," the saiya-jin warrior replied, avoiding eye contact with his friend and former traveling companion.

"Liar." Goku's gaze snapped back to her. "They told you something and if it upset you that much, it must be something big."

The gentle warrior sighed in defeat, "Yeah, it is. But there's some stuff I can't tell anyone or it won't happen an' I don't know how ta explain it," he told her as they approached the others.

"If you can't do it Son, I will. This concerns all of us."

Goku blinked in surprise, "P-Piccolo? You heard?"

"Aaa," the Namekian turned to address the others, stopping when Goku began to protest. "Don't worry, Son. I won't say anything to endanger your friend." Goku nodded his consent to his former enemy, Piccolo was better at explaining things anyway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ryoko stared off into the distance, pondering the future while the warriors argued with Bulma over destroying Dr. Gero now or waiting until the jinzouningen arrived. Unlike Bulma, she wasn't surprised that the Z senshi wanted to wait and fight. It was in a warrior's nature to fight, the fact that this would be their greatest challenge made it even more attractive. For the second time that day she was pulled from her silent contemplations by a saiya-jin, Goku this time.

"So what about it Ryoko? Will ya stay and help us?"

Ryoko grinned an flashed him a peace sign, "Of course! I couldn't let you guys have all the fun, now could I?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You okay?" Trunks asked his female companion as they boarded the time machine.

"Aaa. It's just hard seeing them and not saying anything," she smiled sadly, "I barely remember Otousan, he's just like `Kaasan said he was."

The lavender haired demi-saiya-jin squeezed her shoulder, "Wakattana*."

As the time machine lifted into the air, Trunks' female companion removed her hood, revealing a mane of ebony spikes with a streak of light blue shot through it and large, amber eyes. "Sayonara Okaasan. Sayonara Otousan," she whispered softly placing a hand on the glass, her eyes filled with longing. "Please be safe."

April 01, 2003

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

*~I understand

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Disclaimer: Here we go. I do not own any of the characters from Dragonball, Dragonball Z, or Dragonball GT. They are all the property of Akira Toriyama, Bird Studio, Toei Animation, and Funimation Inc. I also do not own any of the characters from Tenchi Muyo. They are the property of Pioneer, AIC, their creators, and probably some other people I don't know. However, all the other characters in my stories are mine. I'm not making any money off of this, its just for fun. And to top it off I'm a college student who works part-time at Wal-Mart so you know I don't have any money. So if you sue me you won't get anything.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Love it? Hate it? Please let me know! Review and tell me what you think!