Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Love's a Sneaky B@$t@rd (an off-beat love story) ❯ Training Games ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Author: Murasaki Rose
Email: jianu_dbz@hotmail.com, or murasaki_rose@dbzmail.com
Archive?: Go for it! Just let me know where so I can link to ya!

Title: Love's a Sneaky Bastard
Warnings: language
Rating: PG-13 (may change later on)
Series: DBZ/Tenchi
Couples: V/B, G/R, K/18
Genre: Crossover - Action/Adventure, Romance

**********************

Chapter 3 - Training Games

Floating high above the Son household Piccolo and Ryoko awaited the arrival of their saiya-jin training partners. The male Sons were late, but this time it wasn't their fault. Once again, Chichi was refusing to let Gohan train, this time insisting that Goku should remain at home as well to do chores! Both aliens winced as the woman screeched again, even this far away it hurt like hell.

"It's a wonder Son isn't deaf," Piccolo commented to the woman at his side.

Ryoko snorted in agreement, "I don't know why he puts up with it. She treats him like a child, not a husband. He deserves someone better than her and you know it!"

"It's not our place to interfere . . ."

"I know dammit!" she snarled, interrupting the Namek "and I don't need to be lectured by YOU every time I say anything!"

Unbeknownst to the two aliens, Son Gohan was hiding within earshot. His father had sent him outside just before the argument turned ugly and the young demi-saiya-jin had heard every word. 'They're right. `Kaasan does treat `Tousan like a kid. And I KNOW that studying is important, but I c'n always do it AFTER we beat the androids!' The young senshi sighed and sat down on a nearby rock, he could tell his father wasn't happy. He'd known so for ages but never knew why. Thanks to all the talks he'd had with Ryoko he knew that his parent's weren't properly bonded, which was a large part of the problem. Every saiya-jin bonded with their lifemate. He sighed again, his mother would NEVER agree to perform the bonding ceremony. It was savage and wild, and everything that Chichi hated about her husband and son's heritage, and yet for these same reasons it was very appealing to the half-breed child. He loved his mother, but she just refused to understand that they weren't human. 'Maybe `Tousan needs a different mate. But who? She'd have to be awful special to be `Tousan's mate.'

"Whatcha' up to squirt?" Ryoko's cheerful voice broke into his thoughtful reverie.

"Just thinkin' Ryoko-san."

"About what?" she asked ruffling his hair affectionately.

He giggled and ducked his head, "Just stuff."

"Ohhh, stuff," she replied sagely, grinning down at the boy. "Well, the time for thinking is over. You're dad's escaped so we can finally get some sparring done."

"Yay!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some weeks later . . .

A punch to the jaw rocked Goku's head back, but he remained in position and retaliated with a vicious roundhouse kick. Today however, Ryoko was ahead of him and had already phased out, laughing as his leg passed through her and the saiya-jin spun in a complete circle. Goku scowled, put his hands on his hips, and stuck his tongue out at her in response. Ryoko laughed harder, losing her insubstansibility, giving Goku a perfect chance for revenge. Dashing behind the warrioress, he smirked and began mercilessly tickling her. Ryoko giggled and twisted in his grip, trying desperately to escape. All she could do was curl into a ball, a helpless victim of Goku's assault.

"O-okay! I give!" she gasped out between giggles.

Goku laughed and relented allowing her a chance to breathe. That was his mistake. Uttering a chilling war-cry Ryoko tackled the big saiya-jin, driving him into the ground before beginning her own tickle attack. Pinned beneath the agile warrior, Goku was unable to escape her nimble fingers and soon was in the same state she had been. It wasn't until he'd admitted defeat that she ceased her attack, but did not get off him. Finding it much more comfortable seated on his stomach, she grinned down at him.

"So saiya-jin, it seems you are no match for the great space-pirate Ryoko!" she boasted, bouncing lightly and earning a soft "uff" from the downed senshi.

"Maybe," he replied, giving her a sly grin. She had just enough time to raise an eyebrow before he flipped them over, pinning her to the ground. Leaning down until their noses nearly touched the gentle saiya-jin smirked, "Now who's outmatched," he purred, not backing off, yet not getting any closer either.

Ryoko raised her head until their lips were just a breath apart, "You are," she whispered, pressing her lips to his.

For a moment Goku froze, shocked and unsure, but instinct quickly took over and he responded in kind. Her lips were soft and warm, and her scent . . . intoxicating. Their tails entwined and Goku began purring, finally releasing one of her hands to trail his own down her side . . .

"Otousan! Ryoko-san! It's time to go hooome!!" Gohan's cheerful voice echoed throughout the valley.

Goku's head snapped up and he jumped off of Ryoko as though he'd been burned. "Gomen nasai, Ryoko! I-I didn't mean to . . I just . ."

"Iie!" Ryoko looked up at him, her expression resolute, "It was my fault. I kissed you, remember? If anyone should be sorry, it's me."

"Ano, yeah," he muttered, his face turning red. Sure she started it, but he'd been more than ready to finish it. What was wrong with him? He loved Chichi, didn't he? Pushing these thoughts away, he gave her his goofy grin. "Same time tomorrow, then? You were gonna try and teach Gohan an' me how ta phase through stuff right?"

Ryoko blinked in confusion, was he willing to pretend it didn't happen? It wasn't exactly what she wanted, but at least he still wanted to see her. She gave him a weak smile, "Sure Goku. Same time tomorrow."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"We're gonna train with Ryoko-san tomorrow, right `Tousan?" Gohan asked, flitting around his father as they flew home.

"Yup."

"I like her a lot, don't you?"

Goku thought back to that kiss, "Yeah, I do."

Gohan grinned at his father's distracted response, it seemed that his father liked the pretty blue-haired alien more than a lot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once they arrived home the Son males were treated to a fresh round of shrieking over their tardiness, Goku's irresponsibility, and Gohan's education. Shooing his son up the stairs, Goku silently endured his wife's tirade, not really listening. His thoughts were elsewhere, in a place occupied by a certain blue-haired warrioress.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reappearing on top the roof of Capsule Corp, Ryoko stood staring off into the setting sun. 'I kissed him . . . and he kissed me back . . .' her lips still tingled from the sensation. 'He kissed me, but we can't . . !' her knees buckled and she fell forward on her hands, her hair covering her eyes. "Why! Why can't I fall in love with someone who can love me?!" Ryoko choked back a sob, tears streaming down her face.



May 14, 2003
re-edited 6/16/04

**********************

Disclaimer: Here we go. I do not own any of the characters from Dragonball, Dragonball Z, or Dragonball GT. They are all the property of Akira Toriyama, Bird Studio, Toei Animation, and Funimation Inc. I also do not own any of the characters from Tenchi Muyo. They are the property of Pioneer, AIC, their creators, and probably some other people I don't know. However, all the other characters in my stories are mine. I'm not making any money off of this, its just for fun. And to top it off I'm a college student who works part-time at Wal-Mart so you know I don't have any money. So if you sue me you won't get anything.