Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Anime Park ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own any of these characters.

Anime Park

Chapter 1: Prologue

Kagome and InuYasha were on a school bus packed with other students in Kagome's class. Somehow, Kagome managed to convince InuYasha to go on her school field trip to a Paleontological dig. Kagome also managed to convince her teacher that InuYasha was her cousin and was older than he looked, so that he could come along on this trip as a chaperone. When the bus stopped, the kids and chaperones piled out.

"Why did you drag me along?" InuYasha quietly complained while he stepped off the bus and looked around the barren field.

"Because I wanted to be with you," Kagome thought. "I don't know, something told me that it would do us both good to be here. Is that so bad?"

"Feh, whatever." InuYasha glanced around at the men and women who were crouched down on all fours over what looked like huge animal bones. "Oi Kagome, what are they doing?"

Kagome followed his gaze and saw the dinosaur bones. She reached out and grabbed InuYasha's hand. He stared at their linked hands for a moment before Kagome dragged him off in the direction of the bones. She stopped. "They are excavating the bones. You see, those bones are millions of years old, and they have to be very careful when they remove them."

"Ha, those are bones? They are huge. A dog could have a field day with those bones." InuYasha smirked.

Kagome looked into his eyes. "Don't get any bright ideas!"

InuYasha sweat dropped. "M….. me? I'm not a dog."

Kagome patted the hat on his head. "Your not?"

InuYasha sweat dropped. "Feh." He crossed his arms over his chest and looked away from her.

"Those aren't real bones anyway. They are rock. You see the animal that those bones belonged to died a long time ago. When it died the skin slowly eroded leaving only the bones. Then over time sand, mud, and water buried the bones. The sand, mud, and water acted as a molding agent and formed casts or molds of the bones."

InuYasha looked very confused. Kagome grabbed his hand and lead him back to the rest of the group.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~

Back at the Higurashi shrine, Kagome was taking a shower. InuYasha was on her bed pretending to be asleep, but was actually thinking of the day's events. Kagome had held his hand more then once that day and quite frankly, he liked it. It made him wish that she would do it more often. He smiled to himself.

Kagome was lying in the tub, thoughts running through her mind. She smiled to herself. She wondered if he liked her holding his hand. She sat up and figured that she would have to test her little theory out on him, just as soon as she got out of the bath.

Kagome walked into her room and noticed InuYasha lying on her bed asleep. She ran a brush through her hair, and then decided to sit next to him on the bed. He shifted a little when she sat down, but didn't wake up. She reached out and took his nearest hand in hers. He didn't move or make a sound. She stretched his hand out and looked closely at his claws. She pulled his hand closer to her head, glancing at his face. It was unchanged. She pushed her lips to the back of his hand and let them linger for a moment before she pulled back and gently set his hand back on his chest. Studying his face for a moment, she then got up and set to packing her backpack. Once full, she grabbed the backpack and headed out the door and down to the kitchen.

"Finally, I thought she'd never leave," he thought. He slowly sat up and brought his right hand up to his face. He took a long whiff. After a few moments he dropped his hand and slowly let out his breath. He let a smile crease his lips as he fell back on Kagome's bed. "She kissed me! I can't believe she kissed me. So, it wasn't on the lips, but it's a start. I want her to kiss me on the lips. I'll have to see how long it will take her to do it. I might just give in before she does," he thought.

Kagome came back into the room, and InuYasha quickly hid his smile. Kagome walked over to him and gently poked him in the side. He didn't move. She sat on the bed and looked into his face. He grunted and turned his head in her direction. She smiled and reached up to brush his bangs out of his face. She brought her head closer to his until their lips were barely touching. Sighing she quickly closed the distance between them. She kissed him for a few seconds then pulled back afraid that he would wake up and throw her off the bed. She stared out the window for a few minutes then dared to look at him again. He was still lying in the same position. She sighed and stood up, gathering her backpack and exiting her room. "I'll be at the well, whenever you wish to join me," she quietly said, wishing him awake, as she walked down the stairs.

InuYasha just lay in the bed. He didn't want to move. She had kissed him. How was he going to top that? "Maybe she didn't realize that I wasn't asleep? Nai, she's not that stupid. Besides she said she'd be at the well," he thought. He slowly sat up and put his right hand to his lips. He let a smile crease his lips once again. "I better get down there before she knows what's going on," he thought. He jumped up and out of the window.

At the well, Kagome put her backpack down and stared into the bleak abyss. She sighed. "Was he asleep? He must have been. Otherwise, he would have slapped and yelled at me. Oh man, what did I just do? I really wanted him to react to the kiss. That's what I get for kissing him while he's asleep," she thought.

InuYasha entered the hut that encased the well and slowly walked over to Kagome. He glanced at her for a moment, then picked up her backpack and grabbed her hand. She looked at their interlocking hands and circled her fingers around his hand. He hopped onto the side of the well and patiently waited for her to join him. Then they jumped into the well together.

On the other side, InuYasha grabbed Kagome and picked her up as though she were a bride, surprising her. He jumped out of the well then slowly released her. She stood there for a moment watching his retreating figure. She shook her head and ran to catch up with him.

On the walk to Kaede's village, InuYasha couldn't stop thinking about Kagome's kiss. "I should have grabbed her and kissed her back at the well. Then she would know that I wasn't sleeping back in her room. I'll have to find the right time to kiss her later."

They reached Kaede's village and Shippo bounced into Kagome's arms upon seeing her. "You're back! Yeah! I've been waiting so long. Boy do we have some stuff to tell you two, wait till you hear it."

Kagome looked into Shippo's excited eyes. "Calm down, what do you have to tell us?"

Miroku and Sango walked out of Kaede's hut and over to InuYasha and Kagome. Miroku started. "Well, we heard a rumor of a jewel shard in the east. While collecting more information, we eventually learned that an evil youki has possession of the jewel."

Sango continued the story. "Seems that this person has made a village or something. It's rumored to be full of giant animals that once roamed the earth millions of years ago. So I guess you can say that's its not a typical village. I personally think this rumor is crazy, but Miroku insists that it is genuine."

"Lady Sango, have I ever steered you wrong?" Miroku slid closer to Sango.

"Touch me and you die!" Sango backed out of Miroku's range.

InuYasha rolled his eyes and looked at the sky. Kagome patted Shippo's head. "A strange village you say? With giant animal's that roamed the earth millions of years ago? This sounds weird. The giant animals remind me of dinosaurs." Kagome looked at InuYasha.

"Dine Oh Sour?" Shippo asked confusedly.

Kagome laughed at the kitsune's attempt. "No, not dine oh sour, its dinosaurs. They were….."

"….. they were huge animals that lived a long time ago. They all died out before humans existed." InuYasha finished Kagome's explanation in an exasperated tone of voice.

"InuYasha, I'm impressed. I'm glad you learned something on that field trip." Kagome looked into InuYasha's eyes and, as soon as she did, he blushed and looked away.

"Feh, well it wasn't that hard. They were talking about it during the entire trip."

"Um…… are we going to check this rumor out?" Miroku shot Kagome and InuYasha a quick look.

"Of course we are. Get your things, we're moving out." InuYasha walked toward Kaede's hut.