Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Anime Park ❯ The Adventure Begins ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own any of these characters!!

Anime Park

Chapter 2: The Adventure Begins

They had been walking for a couple of hours. InuYasha was carrying Kagome's backpack at the head of the group. Kagome was trailing the group pulling her bicycle. Shippo was curled up in the basket on the bicycle sound asleep. Miroku inched up next to Sango.

"They've been awful quiet. You don't suppose something happened back in Kagome's time?" Miroku whispered to Sango.

"I'm not sure. They have been acting rather peculiar," Sango whispered back.

InuYasha's ears danced around in different directions. He was listening to Miroku and Sango's conversation, but he didn't want them noticing.

Kagome walked along silently. InuYasha hadn't spoken to her since they left the village. She was beginning to think that he was mad at her for some reason. She sighed and glanced up just in time to see Miroku's hand touch Sango's rear end.

"Hentai," Sango yelled as she jumped away from Miroku. She brought her boomerang down upon Miroku's head, leaving him with a giant bump.

Kagome shook her head. She glanced at InuYasha, but quickly returned her gaze to the ground.

The sun retreated into the hills. Kagome opened up her sleeping bag and glanced up into a nearby tree. She spotted InuYasha, who had his back turned away from her. She lowered her gaze. She felt tears forming in her eyes, but choked them back. Climbing into her sleeping bag, she instantly fell asleep.

InuYasha shifted against the tree. He turned towards the camp and let his eyes fall upon each of his companions. Sango was lying on one side of the fire. Miroku was leaning against a tree on the opposite side of the fire. Kirara was conveniently lying between the pair. Kagome was lying wrapped up in her sleeping bag under the tree he was in. He sighed and silently jumped out of the tree. He sat down next to Kagome and watched her sleep. After a while he picked her up, trying not to wake her, and walked over to the base of the tree. He laid her down and sat down Indian style, propping himself against the tree trunk. He watched her sleep for a few more minutes before gently raising her head and placing it in his lap, throwing her pillow to the side. He smiled, crossed his arms over his chest, and drifted off to sleep.

Kagome awoke with a start and sat up. She was breathing hard and tried to settle herself down. "That was the most horrible dream that I've ever had," she thought. She heard a grunting noise and turned around to see InuYasha propped against the tree. She looked down and realized that her head had been lying in his lap. "How did my head get in his lap?" she thought. She crawled close to him, placing her hands on his knees; she raised herself up till they were face to face. "He looks so peaceful. If I didn't know any better, I'd say he looks like he's in heaven," she thought. She inched closer to him. Her lips lingered just above his. "My handsome angel in disguise," she quietly said. She closed the distance and kissed him lightly. She pulled away and laid down, her head in his lap. She smiled and drifted back to sleep.

"Her handsome angel in disguise?" InuYasha thought. A smile creased his lips. He cracked his left eye open and noticed that Kagome had fallen back asleep. He closed his eye and shifted against the tree trunk. "What's with her and kissing me when she thinks I'm asleep? Does she think that is the only time that its safe to kiss me? What am I saying? I can't even make myself kiss her when she's asleep. I have to talk to her alone, maybe then I can get up the courage to kiss her," he thought. He slowly fell back to sleep.

InuYasha was the first to awake in the morning, but didn't move for fear of waking Kagome. Miroku woke up. He glanced around the campsite and noticed Kagome lying with her head in InuYasha's lap. He smiled and then noticed Sango stirring. Sango sat up and Kirara climbed into her lap. As she was petting Kirara, Sango noticed Miroku inching closer toward her. She glanced around making sure that her boomerang was within reach. Miroku sat next to her and leaned his head in close.

"Did you notice that Kagome's head is in InuYasha's lap?" Miroku whispered.

Sango shook her head no and then glanced in InuYasha's direction. Her eyes widened in surprise.

"I'm willing to bet that we will have a niece or nephew within a few months," Miroku wagered.

"Miroku! You Hentai!" A loud slap vibrated through the campsite as Sango's hand connected with Miroku's face.

Kagome awoke startled by the noise. She sat up. "W….. What's wrong?" she asked as she glanced at Sango then Miroku and noticed the red hand print on the side of his face.

"Oh nothing. Miroku was just being himself. Let's go take a bath Kagome." Sango got up and dug out her bath supplies.

Kagome stretched. She got out of her sleeping bag and stood up facing InuYasha. He just sat there staring into her eyes. She winked at him then gathered her bathing supplies. Kagome and Sango left the campsite, but not before Sango gave Miroku a strict warning. "Stay here. Kirara will make sure you don't go spying on us." Kirara growled.

Miroku moaned. "Lady Sango, once again you have got me all wrong. I would never go spy on you."

"Feh, yeah right," InuYasha yelled. "Don't worry Sango, he won't move an inch, I'll make sure of it."

Sango turned to Kagome. "I don't know. What do you think Kagome?"

Kagome turned her back on Miroku. "Come on Sango. We can trust InuYasha and you know it. Lets go." Kagome started walking away. Sango shook her head and followed her friend.

Miroku looked at InuYasha. "So, when is the baby due?"

InuYasha jumped up and landed in front of Miroku, pounding him on the head.

"InuYasha stop it. I was being serious."

"No, you were being stupid. Don't ask such questions." InuYasha stopped pounding Miroku and crossed his arms.