Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Anime Park ❯ Return to Innocence ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sorry for the delay!!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~

Anime Park

Chapter 15: Return to Innocence

"Uh….. Excuse me, but you're not supposed to be….." Vash stepped from behind the dinosaur, which was lying on the ground.

"Wow! That's a Triceratops! This is so cool. I've never seen one before." Kagome inched closer to the animal.

InuYasha and Kouga ran head long into Kagome but Kouga managed to sweep her off of her feet. Meanwhile, InuYasha tried to stop himself from falling on top of the sick dinosaur. Once he regained his balance, he turned his attention to Kouga. "Get your hands off of her!"

Kagome smiled as politely as she could to Kouga. "Kouga, I told you that I wouldn't stop InuYasha again. Please put me down."

"Excuse me miss, is this guy bothering you?" Vash stepped in front of Kouga, hands on hips.

InuYasha grabbed Vash and threw him to the ground. Kouga smiled as he watched InuYasha grow angry. Vash stood up and dusted himself off. "The nerve of some people." He turned his attention to the outraged hanyou. "Look pal, I was trying to help the pretty lady." His attempt at an explanation was cut short when a loud growl erupted from InuYasha.

Miroku choose that moment to burst through the field. His forward momentum was stopped when he spotted the dinosaur. "What is that? It's huge!"

Sango wasn't paying attention to where she was walking. She was more interested in the tall grass surrounding her. She bumped into Miroku's back. "What the….?" When she returned her attention to his purple robes, she blushed and stepped back a few feet. "Sorry hoshi, I wasn't paying attention." His stance was unchanged. She stepped to the side of him and her gaze instantly fell upon the sick dinosaur. "What is that? Its beautiful!"

"It's a dinosaur. See Shippo, I told you there were dinosaurs in this park!" Rin ran through the grass and straight to the dinosaur. "Hi Mr. Vash! What's wrong with Rin Junior?"

Rin's wide eyes gazed up at Vash in wonder. "She's sick honey. You shouldn't be out here. Where's your mother?"

"Rin! I told you to come back here. You weren't supposed to leave the cars. Come back here this instant." Jaken's voice carried through the field.

Kouga still held Kagome tight. He was enjoying watching InuYasha grow steadily angrier. Kagome tried to wiggle out of Kouga's grasp, but only succeeded in making the wolf demon hold her tighter. She sighed and glanced at InuYasha. "You have my permission now. I won't stop you."

InuYasha gazed at her surprised, then quickly returned his attention to Kouga. "You heard her. Drop her now!"

"Guys, violence is not the answer." Vash walked up to them. He put one arm on each of the demon's shoulders. "Can't we all just get along?"

"What's with this guy?" Kagome thought.

Kouga growled. "Get your hand off of me."

"Drop the girl or I'll give you a good Dutch rub!" Vash wasn't about to give up this fight.

Kouga didn't know what that was, but he didn't want to risk it. He slowly released Kagome. Once she was free from Kouga, Kagome returned her attention to the dinosaur. "You told Rin she was sick, right? How did she get sick?"

Shippo bounded into the clearing. "Rin, how do you put up with that servant? He's so annoying." His attention soon drifted to the dinosaur.

"I usually kick him around. Daddy lets me!" Rin began running laps around the sick animal.

"Where does she get her energy from?" Sango whispered to Miroku.

"Probably comes from the fact that she's part demon and part whatever that crazy lady is. Who knows, she could have the energy and liveliness that Sesshomaru is lacking. Now wouldn't that be fitting?"

Sango shook her head in agreement.

"Rin, I'm in charge and I told you to get back in the car." Jaken walked into the clearing and pounded his staff on the ground.

"Your not in charge! No ones in charge of me. No one's in charge, no one's in charge." Rin kept chanting as she continued to run circles around the sick dinosaur.

"She's driving me insane. Someone stop her!" InuYasha yelled.

Kagome stepped in front of him. "Calm down. You must be more patient with children. If you ever hope to have kids one day, I suggest you learn some patience. She's not bothering anyone." Kagome turned around and managed to catch a squirming Rin as she rounded the dinosaur right in front of Kagome. She pulled the girl into her arms and was surprised when she didn't scream. It was then that she noticed a slight power emanating from the girl.

"Your Shippo's mommy, aren't you?" Rin asked.

"I guess you can say that. He's my adopted son."

"A…. dop…. ted?" Rin was careful to sound out the word.

Kagome went into a detailed description of what adopted meant, well as much of a description as an eight year old could understand. InuYasha watched her in wonder.

"Everyone needs to get back to the cars so that the tour can continue," Vash said.

Kagome gently set Rin on the ground. Rin reached out and grabbed Kagome's hand and began to drag her back toward the cars. When Rin passed Shippo, she grabbed his hand with her free one and dragged him along also. "Mr. Vash says we need to go back to the cars. Miss Ryoko said that I should always listen to him." Rin continued to talk about her mother and adopted family on the way to the cars. Kouga followed them.

"How come she listens to the lunatic instead of me?" Jaken pondered.

"Maybe it's because you're annoying," InuYasha said.

Jaken chose not to listen to InuYasha and instead went running off through the field.

Sango looked at Vash. "Uh, do you mind if I stay here and watch you? This looks interesting."

Miroku turned his attention to Sango. "Sango, are you sure about that?"

"I wonder if I can get Miroku to stay behind with me. Knowing him, he'll jump at the opportunity. I would like to be alone with him for a while," Sango thought. "Of course, you go back and have a good time on the tour," she said sarcastically.

Vash caught the hint that Sango was trying to throw at Miroku. "Why don't you both stay? I could use the help."

InuYasha walked past Miroku grabbing his arm and dragging him off in the field a little ways. "You are going to stay with her, aren't you?"

Miroku scratched his head. "I guess so, why?"

"Don't touch her. You know what I mean. Be nice to her and you'll get what you want."

Miroku looked at InuYasha through slit eyes. "InuYasha are you ok? You've been acting weird ever since you kissed Kagome. Wait a minute, is that all you have done with her?"

InuYasha backed up a few steps, a bright blush on his cheeks. "Uh….. What exactly do you mean by that?"

"Oh come on, what was with that be nice to her and you'll get what you want speech? Did you get what you wanted from Kagome?"

"Hey pervert, I didn't mean it like that. I just meant that you should be nice to her, that's all. Would you stop talking about Kagome and myself? It's none of your business!" InuYasha turned his attention to the sky and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Oh, so that's how it is?" Miroku got closer to InuYasha. "Is it a boy or a girl?"

"Nani?" InuYasha dropped his arms and took a step back. "Don't be stupid. If you don't stop, I'll tell Sango that you just lost your bet."

Miroku waved his hands in front of his face. "Sorry, I didn't mean it, honestly!"

"Keh, whatever. Look just be nice to Sango. By the way, do you know what's going on with Kagome?"

Miroku scratched his head. "Not at the moment. It's very weird."

InuYasha didn't like that answer, but he figured that it would have to do for now. He needed to get back by Kagome's side, lest that arrogant wolf try anything else on her. "As soon as you figure something out, let me know. This isn't like her and you know it. I'm worried about…. I mean its not like I care or anything. I just want to know, so maybe we can find a way to prevent it from happening." He crossed his arms back over his chest.

Miroku gave InuYasha one of his "I don't believe you" stares. "Right!" He walked away from InuYasha. Upon reaching Sango's side he smiled. "I think I'll stay here as well. That creature is interesting and I'd like to learn more about it." He glanced at Sango who had been grinning from ear to ear. She dropped the smile when his gaze turned to her.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~

Ryoko opened the back door that led to the Velco-o-ohki's pin. She walked out into the field and ran her eyes over the area. She noticed Tenchi sitting at a picnic table. His arms were crossed and his head was lying on his arms. She walked up to him. "Tenchi? Are you alright?"

"Huh?" Tenchi looked up and into Ryoko's eyes. He had been lost in a daydream. He had seen the way InuYasha and Kouga reacted towards Kagome and it saddened him. Why couldn't he get anyone to notice him like that? Other then Ryoko and Ayeka fighting over him, he didn't have anyone. "Oh, it's you Ryoko. I'm fine, just thinking."

"Oh, I'll leave you alone then." She floated off toward the Veloci-o-ohki's cage. Suddenly she felt a hand on hers. She looked down and followed the length of the outstretched arm with her eyes. She ran her eyes up Tenchi's body and gazed into his. "Tenchi?"

He turned his gaze to the ground; a light blush stained his cheeks. "You don't have to go. It's alright." He released her hand, turned around, and walked back to the picnic table.

Ryoko was startled, but she floated over to the table and took a seat across from Tenchi. "What's wrong?"

He kept his gaze on the table. "Tell me truthfully, is the only reason that you like me because Ayeka wants me?"

Ryoko gazed at him tenderly. What was he getting at? "Truthfully, no that's not the only reason I like you. I don't know if I can describe the reasons, but I just know its right."

"I see." Tenchi laid his head on his arms and sighed.

Ryoko watched him. "What's the matter? You look like your best friend just past away."

"Have you ever had the feeling that your life was void of something? You know, like something is missing, but you can't put your finger on what."

This puzzled Ryoko. "I guess. Maybe you want a family."

Tenchi shot her a quick glare. She waved her hands in front of her face. "What? I didn't mean anything by that, honestly."

Tenchi returned to his solemn look from before. "Maybe your right. That may be what I want. I'm so sick of you and Ayeka fighting over me. I fear that is why I can't get a girlfriend."

"Maybe the person you're looking for is right in front of you." Tenchi glared at her again. "I didn't mean that it was me. Although that would be nice….. I mean it could be any of us girls. Shoot it could be Mihoshi for all I know."

"Mihoshi? I'm not interested in her."

"Then tell me who you're interested in or the type of girl your looking for."

"Ryoko, the last thing I need is for you to get mad at me because I say something wrong." He got up from the table. "Look there's a hurricane on its way and we have things to do to prepare for it." He started walking away.

"Hey, stop making jokes about Vash, he's not that bad."

"I'm not talking about Vash."

"I know that, I was just trying to get you to smile." She disappeared and reappeared in front of him.

He wrapped his arms around her and squeezed her tight. "Thanks Ryoko. I needed that."

She stayed locked in a trance long after Tenchi had disappeared into the building. She could hardly believe that he had hugged her of his own accord. Finally, she shook it off and returned to her previously scheduled routine.