Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Anime Park ❯ Security Breach ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own any of these shows!!

Anime Park

Chapter 14: Security Breach

The cars started moving again, making InuYasha, Kouga, and Miroku settle back into their seats. The cars went past a beautiful lake. Two young men were fighting each other on the far bank of the lake. One man wore a red shirt with black pants and the other wore a yellow shirt with dark green pants and had a yellow ribbon tied around his pant legs. The man in the red shirt picked the other man up and threw him into the lake. The young mans clothes floated to the top of the water. After a few seconds a black pig was seen making his way onto the shore. The other man was laughing until an older man came up behind him and grabbed him, throwing him into the water. A red haired female surfaced in the place of the young man.

InuYasha grabbed Kagome. "Get me out of here. That crazy lady isn't going to touch me."

"Calm down InuYasha. Let me go and look at me." He released his hold on her and she turned around to gaze at him. "If she touches you, I'll kill her myself." Both Kouga and InuYasha heard the growl that had barely escaped her throat.

"Kagome are you alright?" Kouga was concerned; he'd never heard her make such sounds.

Kagome looked at the pair of worried demons confusedly. Why did they look like she had sprouted dog-ears? "Ok you two, what's with the worried looks?"

"Hey, she made that sound when she tried to kill me," Shippo exclaimed.

"What are you talking about fox?" InuYasha hadn't heard her growl at that time.

"Shippo, I didn't try to kill you. Did I? Wait a minute, what sound are you talking about?" Kagome returned her attention to the front of the car and stared at the dashboard like it was the most fascinating thing that she'd ever seen. A blush touched her cheeks. She prayed that they weren't talking about the moaning sound that InuYasha liked. Then again, she couldn't remember making any sounds.

Kouga wished to know what they were talking about, but decided not to interfere in the conversation. Miroku scratched his head. Everything that was happening to Kagome seemed very odd to him. "Lady Kagome, tell me did you feel anything just now?"

"Miroku, this isn't the time to talk about this! I'll talk to you later," Kagome bit out.

"Hoshi, is something wrong?" Sango looked confused.

"Speak up monk, if you know what's going on you'd better tell me," InuYasha growled.

"Wow, these people have interesting conversations! Wonder what they're talking about?" Ryoko said.

"Ryoko, stop eavesdropping on them. Turn the mike off." Tenchi reached across his desk and flipped the microphone off.

"Weirdo's!" Kouga shook his head.

InuYasha growled. His patience was wearing thin. "Miroku speak up. Tell me what's going on."

"Miroku, don't you dare," Kagome warned.

"Truth is, I haven't figured out what's going on either." It wasn't the total truth, but it wasn't a total lie either. He had come to the conclusion that somehow her powers were slowly seeping out of her. The circumstances surrounding this phenomenon were a complete mystery to him however. He wanted to talk to her in more detail about it, but he figured that he wouldn't get the chance until they were safely back in their own time.

"Liar," InuYasha said under his breath.

Kagome turned around. "I wish you'd quit calling people names."

"I can call people whatever I want, if it's what fits them. Wait a minute, you heard that?"

Kouga snorted. "I heard that."

InuYasha glared at the wolf demon. "Of course you did, baka. I'd expect you to have heard me, but not Kagome. I didn't say it that loud."

Kagome turned her attention back to the dashboard. "Um….. It sounded loud to me."

"The next stop on our tour takes us to another one of Washu's insane creations."

"Sess, it doesn't say insane in there anywhere."

"I know that, but it sounds better when I improvise."

"Could you improvise with nicer words?"

"I'll think about it. As I was saying, in the next cage we shall see….."

"Oh wow! Shippo this is the best exhibit. There are these giant robot things, its cool. Wait till you see them." Rin jumped up and down on the back seat. Soon Shippo joined with her.

Jaken banged his head on the passenger window. "Rin, Shippo stop that. I'm in charge here and I say stop it."

"Give it up frog breath. They won't listen to you." InuYasha laughed at the servant's obvious plight.

"Yeah, what makes you think you're in charge? No one is in charge of me!" Shippo kept jumping on the back seat.

"No one's in charge, no one's in charge," Rin chanted.

"Shippo, stop jumping and settle down," Kagome demanded.

Shippo stopped jumping and settled into his seat. "Yes mama."

InuYasha glared at the back of Kagome's head. "Mama? When did this happen?"

"InuYasha, it's just an innocent remark. You forgot that he lost his family. He can call me whatever he wishes as long as it's not rude or obscene."

Shippo smirked. "Yeah and daddy doesn't have to be rude to mommy. You should apologize to mommy, InuYasha."

"D….. Daddy? Shippo are you crazy?" InuYasha was perplexed by this declaration. Since when did he become that foxes father? He wouldn't admit it to anyone but himself, but he liked the thought of being a father. He stared at Kagome, who was now facing him.

Kagome had been studying the front of the car and had found a mute button next to the main speaker system. She decide to test it out. "Shippo?" Silence greeted her. She decided to try once more, just in case. "Miroku can you hear me?" Again there was silence. She grinned and turned her attention to InuYasha, who looked like he was deep in thought. Once he had turned his attention to her, she spoke up. "InuYasha, play along with him. He lost his family and we are the closest people to him. That makes him think of us as his parents. It won't kill you to act like his father. You've been doing it for three years and the thought never crossed your mind."

InuYasha grimaced. He hated to admit it, but she was right. He had been treating the kitsune as his pup for three years. "Yeah, I guess…."

"You two are pathetic. Becoming sergeant parents to a kitsune." Kouga would have said more but Kagome almost jumped over the front seat.

InuYasha stopped her in the nick of time and wrapped his arms around her, pinning her to the front seat. "Calm down love, he's just being himself."

Now it was Kagome's turn to be perplexed. Did she just hear what she thought she heard? "Ok, now I'm going crazy. He called me his love, that can't be right. I've never told him that I love him," she thought. She felt him loosen his grip on her and she turned around. She raised a hand to his cheek and let it linger for a moment.

Kouga cleared his throat. "Excuse me, I haven't gone anywhere."

InuYasha quickly sat back in his seat, arms crossed. Kagome turned back around. The cars started moving once again. The only complaints that were heard came from Shippo and Rin. Both were disappointed that the animal in the last cage didn't make an appearance. The cars continued on their pre-assigned path.

`He doesn't love you. He just said that to get you to calm down.'

"What?" Kagome turned her attention to Kouga, but noticed that he wasn't paying attention to her. He was staring out the window.

"Are you alright Kagome?" InuYasha questioned.

"Uh, yeah I'm fine." She returned her attention to the vehicle ahead of them.

`Stop wasting your time with him, I can teach you how to use your powers to their fullest extent.'

"I don't have to listen to you. Get out of my head!" she silently said, hoping that the two demons sitting behind her wouldn't hear.

`If you don't listen to me, I'll hurt your hanyou.'

"You must think I'm stupid. You can't hurt him."

`You are stupid. I can hurt him in ways you can't even begin to fathom.'

"Keh, yeah right. Go tell someone who will listen to you."

Miroku leaned into the front seat. Sango eyed him warily. "Sango, do you feel that?" Sango shook her head no. "Look," Miroku pointed towards the car Kagome was riding in.

Sango stared at the car blankly. She was about to ask what the problem was when a blue hue surrounded the car for a brief second. Sango's jaw dropped and she turned her attention to Miroku. "What does that mean?"

"I don't know, but whatever it is, it can't be good." Miroku slowly sat back in his seat and began to contemplate this new turn of events.

"Hoshi, tell me what's going on. What's happening to Kagome?" Sango kept her gaze on the car ahead.

"I don't know. I haven't figured it out yet. I have some more questions that I need Kagome to answer before I can make a sound judgment. Please bear with me till I can figure this out."

"Hai."

`That monk friend of yours thinks he's smart. He will never figure out what is happening to you.'

"I wouldn't put it past him. He's more powerful than you think."

`Ha, don't make me laugh. There is only one person that even comes close to my power. Right now that person is no threat to me, but is becoming more of a threat everyday.'

"Wonder who that is!"

"Kagome? What's wrong with you? I've been trying to get your attention for the past five minutes."

Kagome snapped her head up and noticed that InuYasha's hands were on her shoulders. Kouga was staring at InuYasha through slit eyes. She placed her hands on InuYasha's and gently stroked them. "I'm fine. I just need some air." She looked around. The car was still moving, but she opened the door and jumped out.

InuYasha and Kouga stared at her for a moment before jumping out after her. Kagome had taken off running after she recovered her footing. She ran through the tall grass and came to an abrupt stop in front of what appeared to be a sick dinosaur.

"Wow!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~

"Security breach, security breach……" a computer simulated voice boomed over the loud speakers.

"Washu shut that stupid thing up or I'll do it for you!" Ryoko placed her arms at her sides, red torrents of energy swirled in her hands.

Washu punched a few buttons on her computer. As fast as it started, the sound stopped. Washu glanced at Ryoko, who had dissolved her energy balls.

"What the hell was that? Tenchi what's going on?" Ryoko floated over to Tenchi's computer.

"The guests have exited the vehicles. Washu, I thought you put locks on those things," Tenchi said.

"Locks? Hey, I finally remember what I forgot! Well, there's not much we can do about it right now. Where are they at?"

"Well, it looks like they're in the Triceratops pin," Tenchi stated.

"Ryoko, don't you have someone in that area right now?" Washu asked.

"Uh….. Yeah, Vash is over there."

"Vash? You sent that lunatic over there? Well, I guess it could have been worse; you could have sent Mihoshi." Washu shook her head. That Vash guy was a catastrophe waiting to happen. She now understood why people call him the Humanoid Typhoon, even though she could have sworn that the title had been reserved for Mihoshi. She glared at Ryoko, waiting for a response.

"Look, believe it or not, but that guy isn't human. He has some weird powers, and he's good with the animals. Hold me responsible if he destroys anything." Ryoko crossed her arms over her chest.

"Alright, fine. Tell him to get our guests back in their cars."