Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Anime Park ❯ Hurricane? ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own any of these shows!!

Anime Park

Chapter 13: Hurricane?

InuYasha stared at her with a blank expression. "Kagome, what are you talking about? What shield?"

`He doesn't know what you're talking about. Just relax; you're too high strung right now. Kiss your mate, that should relax you and allow you to drop the barrier.'

Kagome returned her gaze to Miroku. "What are you talking about hoshi?"

"Huh? I didn't say anything. Are you ok Kagome?"

Kagome was surprised. Who was talking to her? Was she the only one that could hear him?

`Yes, you are the only one that can hear me. Drop your shield.'

This voice was different from the three voices from before. It was rougher and had a harsher tone. "I told you, I don't know how to drop it. I didn't even know that I could make a shield," Kagome blurted out.

InuYasha released his grip on her and turned her around to face him. "Kagome who are you talking to?"

Kagome glanced into a very worried hanyou's face. How could she answer him? "Uh, no one I guess."

`Kiss him and drop your shield. If it remains up any longer it will endanger your life. You must become more proficient at using it if you wish to keep it up for a long length of time.'

Kagome leaned towards InuYasha. He started to pull his head away, but she circled her arms around it. She stood on her tiptoes and pressed his head down. He refused to budge. "InuYasha, make me relax so I can drop this barrier," she whispered.

He stared wide-eyed at her. "Kagome, what are you talking about?" he whispered back.

She sighed. How hard could it be to get him to kiss her? "Kiss me," she said under her breath.

He was surprised. Why did she want to kiss him at a time like this? Not to mention all of the people that were watching them. She could tell that he wasn't too keen on public displays of affection. "If I don't drop this barrier soon, my life will be endangered," she whispered.

Shock crossed his face as the realization of her words sank in. He pulled his head closer to hers and wrapped his arms around her. His lips caught hers. She melted to his touch and relaxed in his embrace. Miroku noticed the barrier slowly dissipate. Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed that Sango was standing next to him. A look of panic and worry crossed her features. Miroku glided towards her and placed a hand on her shoulder, shocking her out of a trance.

Kouga could hardly contain his anger. Why was InuYasha kissing his girl? "Oi dog breath, stop….."

Miroku had moved to shut the wolf demon up, but Sango was faster. Her hand connected with the back of Kouga's head. Miroku grinned at the sight and returned his attention to the kissing couple.

After a few minutes, InuYasha broke the kiss and placed his head on Kagome's shoulder, hiding behind her hair. "I wish that we were alone right now. I want you so bad," he whispered.

She smiled and ran her hands through his hair. "Thank you InuYasha. I'll make it up to you later," she whispered back.

He let a smile crease his lips. "Promise?"

"Of course, you deserve it!"

He raised his head and slowly released her. Kagome turned around and noticed that a crowd had formed. "Uh….."

"Can we get on with the tour? If you will get inside the vehicles, I will start the program." Tenchi's voice rang throughout the surrounding landscape.

InuYasha stifled a growl. Once full, the cars started on their pre-programmed route. Kagome spent the next few minutes explaining to Kouga and InuYasha about the car's movements and reassuring them that the beast wouldn't kill them. When they finally sat back and relaxed she returned her attention to the road ahead just in time to see a giant gate. The doors opened and a voice boomed over the cars speakers.

"Welcome to Anime Park!"

The voice sounded an awful lot like Sesshomaru. "Keh, why does that voice sound familiar?" InuYasha was the first to post a question on that matter.

Washu's voice piped over the speakers. "To save on expenses, we enlisted a volunteer to narrate the tour. Unfortunately no volunteer's came forward and all the people I forced to do it did a horrible job. In the end, he did the best job. Oh, I almost forgot to tell you that the speaker system in the cars allows you to hear the people in the other cars. I'm a genius. Enjoy the tour!"

"Great! An entire tour with Sesshomaru's monotone voice, how exciting!" Miroku said sarcastically. Sango nodded her head in agreement.

"We are approaching the first stop on our tour." The cars came to a halt. "If you will direct your attention to the left side of the car, you will see our first exhibit." All the occupants of the three cars turned their attention to their left side.

"Oi Kagome, what's in there?" InuYasha and Kouga said simultaneously.

Kagome rolled her eyes. "How am I supposed to know? I've never been here before."

"Rin, do you know what's in there?" Shippo asked excitedly.

"Uh….." Rin thought hard. She'd been on this tour a million times and had seen all of the animals and weird creations. "I think its some sort of animal."

"Rin, I believe there are dinosaurs in this pen. Something called a Stegosaurus, I think." Jaken tried to sound intelligent, but both Shippo and Rin ignored him.

"The Stegosaurus is a majestic creature….. Washu who wrote this stuff?"

"Sess honey, just read the paper, I'm not stopping the recorder."

"Hum, as you can see their pointy….."

"I don't see any," Shippo chimed.

"Geez, they could have edited the recording," Kagome said under her breath.

The cars started moving again. InuYasha slumped back in his seat. "That was pointless. I wanted to see the stego whatever."

"Life doesn't run on schedules. You just can't snap your fingers and expect an animal to appear. If that were the case then InuYasha would appear whenever we want."

"I dare you to come over here and say that Miroku!" InuYasha growled.

"Ha ha, even your friends harp on you dog breath," Kouga said.

"Kouga, stop it. You two better not fight, or I will get out and leave you two alone." Kagome wished that the two demons would get along. She didn't understand why they always had to fight. Then again, she was InuYasha's mate now, and it was in his nature to protect her. That arrogant wolf couldn't get it through his thick head that she belongs to InuYasha.

"Kagome don't leave me." InuYasha looked at her solemnly.

"I won't leave unless you two start fighting. I mean it Kouga behave. I won't hold InuYasha back any more." Kagome had a serious look on her face.

"The next stop on our tour takes us to one of Washu's very own creations." The cars stopped moving. "If you would direction your attention to the right side of the vehicles, you may notice….."

Sesshomaru's voice was soon tuned out. "They look like ordinary people to me," Sango said.

"Yeah, what's so great about them?" InuYasha glared at the men then slumped back in his seat crossing his arms over his chest.

Three men sat around a table, playing cards. The oldest one had short black hair. He was laughing at the younger men. The young man on the left was a snappy dresser and had purple hair. The other man had short orange hair, and wore a black and white bead bracelet on his left hand. A petit female came into the clearing and walked towards the men. She carried a tray of food in her hands. Her foot hit a rock and she fell towards the ground.

All three men shot up from their seats and raced to her side. The snappy dresser got to her first and wrapped his arms around her. She fell on top of him. The instant they hit the ground, there was a puff of smoke. The young man had turned into a mouse. His clothes lay scattered on the ground. The woman got up quickly and took the mouse in her hands. She placed him on the picnic table. The orange haired man sat down shaking his head. The oldest man started on another fit of giggles.

At the sight of the transformed young man, InuYasha had turned his attention to the scene. Miroku, InuYasha, and Kouga gasped and began to fear for their own safety. Who knew what that crazy park lady had in store for them after the tour?

Sango smiled. "Wow, hey Kagome wouldn't that be neat. I wish we had the power….."

Miroku snaked his arm around the chair and placed his hand over her mouth. "Sango, don't give the crazy lady any ideas. The last thing we need is for that lady to do experiments on us."

Kirara growled at him and he slowly released the demon exterminator, fearing that he may have lost their bet. She turned around. "Hoshi, I wouldn't dream of it, honestly." Sango made the prettiest face she could. The sight of his face was too much, but she kept her composure and tried not to laugh herself into a coma.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~

"Mihoshi, have you finished programming the computer?" Kiyone whispered.

"I think so. Can you tell me what this system does?"

Kiyone got in front of Mihoshi's computer screen. She squinted as she looked at the bright display. "Uh Mihoshi, that's the wrong program. How did you get into that? You didn't mess with anything in there, did you?"

"Well, I changed some of the pictures. For instance, in this picture," Mihoshi pointed to a picture that looked very much like the north section of the island, "the sun was shining, but it's shining everywhere else, so I decided to change it. I put some dark clouds there instead."

Kiyone shook her head. "Washu's going to kill you. That is the weather control center. Whatever you do, don't press anything else. We have to fix this mess."

"Why not? I was having fun. Hey Kiyone, what does this do?" Mihoshi pointed to the bottom of the screen. A red button was flashing in the middle that read, "Press here to activate." Mihoshi maneuvered the mouse pointer till it hovered just over the flashing button.

"No! Mihoshi don't press it! That activates….." It was too late. Mihoshi pressed the button. Sirens echoed through the halls. Washu ran in the control room. Kiyone slowly stepped away from Mihoshi.

Tenchi turned around and waved his hands in front of his face. "It wasn't me."

"Mihoshi….."

"What the hell is going on around here?" Ryoko appeared in the doorway. She glanced around. Washu looked like she was about to kill Mihoshi. Ryoko smiled, found the closest seat, and settled back to watch the show.

"Hey Washu, I was just outside and there is a storm on the horizon. What's going on?" Sasami asked as she walked into the room.

"Kiyone, what did she do this time?" Washu crept toward Mihoshi, an angry glint in her eyes. Thoughts raced through her mind, mostly about how many different experiments she could do on the blond.

"Uh….. She was messing with your weather controls and pressed the button to activate a hurricane. I tried to stop her, but you know Mihoshi." Kiyone had backed to her desk in the far right corner.

Mihoshi eyed the computer screen. "Is that what that button did? What does this one do?" Mihoshi maneuvered her mouse to another set of blinking buttons. She chose the middle button and pressed it before Washu could reach her.

The sirens grew louder. Ryoko smirked. Tenchi sighed and shook his head. Sasami made a timely exit. Kiyone grabbed her ears and turned her attention to her computer screen. Washu ran over to the main computer and began frantically pressing buttons. Soon the sirens stopped. Washu turned around and eyed Mihoshi.

"Why did you keep pressing buttons? Now I can't stop the level three hurricane that will hit us full force in four hours." Washu turned her attention to Tenchi. "Make sure all areas of the park are secure and that all fences are working properly. Kiyone, find out when the boat is leaving for the main land."

"What about our guests? You can't forget them," Ryoko said.

"Oh yeah, Tenchi where are they?"

"What on earth is going on here? What were those sirens for?" As Ayeka walked into the room all eyes turned to her. "What?"

Ryoko smirked, stood up, and walked over to Tenchi. She leaned close to him. "She's a little late, wouldn't you say?"

"Yep!" Tenchi shook his head.

Ryoko leaned closer to the computer screen. "Tenchi hun, those are our tourists cars correct? Are they where I think they are?"

"Hun, how dare you….." Ayeka didn't notice that no one was paying attention to her.

"Looks like their still at the cage with those weird males who change into animals when they are hugged by the opposite sex." Tenchi turned his attention to Washu. "Why on earth did you make them anyway? You're probably scaring all the males in those cars. I bet they think they will be your next experiments."

"Ha ha, actually the thought did cross my mind," Washu scratched her head.

"I wouldn't touch them if I were you. I sense three demons and that doesn't include your husbands toad, or whatever you want to call him," Ryoko stated.

"That makes it more interesting. You weren't able to get away from my experiments! Besides, the male with the silver hair and dog-ears is my husband's half- brother. He's been telling me how much he'd like to kill him. I might do Sesshomaru a favor and run some experiments on him. You know, try to find his weak spot." Washu laughed.

"Uh….. I hate to break up this interesting conversation, but what are we going to do about the hurricane?" Kiyone asked.

"We'll just have to let it run its course. I can't seem to get it to stop." Washu turned back to her computer.