Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Anime Park ❯ Barrier? What barrier? ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own any of these characters!!

Anime Park

Chapter 12: Barrier? What Barrier?

The previous incident forgotten, the group walked outside. Three jeeps awaited them. Rin jumped down the stairs and ran to the first car. She climbed inside. Jaken moaned, but followed her, getting into the front seat of the first vehicle.

Miroku glanced at Shippo and smiled. "Why don't you go ride with Rin?"

Shippo looked surprised for a moment. "Why me? I don't want to ride with Jaken."

"Keep her company. Don't tell me you're going to leave her alone with Jaken?"

"She's used to him, so it's different."

Sango had heard the conversation. She knew what Miroku was thinking and for some reason it didn't bother her in the least bit. She leaned towards Shippo. "I think you'll have more fun if you're with someone close to your own age."

Miroku glanced at Sango for a moment and hid his shock. "Is she thinking what I'm thinking? She must be. The way I figure it, there are three of those things. If Rin, Jaken, and Shippo ride in the first one, then Sango and myself can ride in one of the other ones. Poor InuYasha will be left with Kouga, but who cares!" he thought.

Shippo sighed. "I'll just ask Kagome….."

"Uh, Shippo I think that it would be a good idea if you rode with Rin." Kagome watched as his expression turned to shock.

"What are you guys talking about? What's all this about riding with Rin? What are those things?" InuYasha jumped in the air, landing near one of the vehicles.

Kagome started walking down the stairs, but was stopped by Kouga, who grabbed her arm. "Leave the idiot alone. If he wants to embarrass himself, let him. What are they anyway?"

Kagome looked at Kouga. She tried to yank her arm out of his grasp, but it was no use. She smiled. "Those are cars. I suppose they will take us on a tour. We just have to get in."

"Cars? Interesting." Miroku scratched his head. He made his way down the stairs and over to the last car. He opened the door and turned around, but quickly decided against asking Sango to ride with him for fear of loosing their bet. He climbed into the back seat of the car and slammed the door.

InuYasha turned around and saw Kouga holding Kagome's arm. He growled and jumped in the air. "Sit!" Bang!

Kagome returned her attention to Kouga and gave him the most adorable face she could. "I won't stop him again. Please let me go."

InuYasha grinned evilly from his position on the ground. Kouga released Kagome, who then slid next to Sango. "Um, Sango? Which car are you planning on going in?" she whispered.

Sango glanced at her friend. "What ever do you mean?"

Kagome stared through slit eyes at Sango. "You know exactly what I mean. Go ride with him and don't do anything I wouldn't do!"

Sango started to voice her opinion on that matter when InuYasha grabbed Kagome and jumped down next to the second car. Sango sighed and walked down the stairs. Washu grinned from ear to ear. Her little plan was working better than she hoped. She turned around and headed back inside the building.

Shippo had made his way into the first car. He and Rin looked like they were enjoying an interesting conversation. Jaken banged his head on the window. Sango opened the back door to the last car and let Kirara jump in. She then shut the door, went around to the front, and climbed in. Miroku grinned, but quickly hid it when Sango turned around to look at him.

"You better not…."

"I won't touch you. I still remember our agreement. You think I want to loose?" He settled back in his seat. Kirara curled up next to him, quickly falling asleep.

Sango returned her attention to the front of the car. "We shall see about that."

Kagome climbed into the front seat of the second car and shut the door. Kouga climbed in right behind her and InuYasha climbed in the other side. Kouga and InuYasha growled at each other. Kagome turned around. "Would you two like to be left alone? I'm sure Shippo wouldn't mind some company." She opened the door.

InuYasha grabbed her arm. "Oi Kagome, don't leave me alone with him."

Kagome snapped her head around. "What do you mean, InuYasha? I thought the two of you were growling at me. Like you were trying to tell me to leave you alone, so that you could get it on or something."

InuYasha glanced at Kouga, who just smirked. "Kagome, what are you talking about? Why would I want to be alone with Kouga?"

"Yeah, Kagome leave us alone. Then I can kill you dog breath," Kouga stated.

InuYasha let go of Kagome's arm. Growling he turned his attention to Kouga. Kagome stared at them for a few moments then exited the car. She leaned back into the car. "I get the picture. You don't have to make a show of it." She stepped back out of the car and a weird picture popped into her mind. She saw InuYasha and Kouga kissing. She shook her head and slammed the car door. "Oh god, look what I've started. Now I'm thinking about it. What next?" she thought. She walked a few feet and felt a wave of energy enter her body. It was the same energy that entered her at the Veloci-o-ohki's pen. She staggered for a few moments before dropping to her knees and grabbing her head.

Kouga and InuYasha stared at her retreating figure. As soon as she hit the ground, both demons scrambled out of the vehicle and to her side. Kouga reached her first and cradled her head in his lap. InuYasha wanted to slap him, but decided that Kagome was more important than some stupid fight with Kouga. InuYasha knelt next to her, taking her closest hand in his. He raised her hand to his face and kissed the back of it lightly.

"Come on Kagome, don't do this to me," InuYasha thought.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~

"Took you long enough this time!"

Kagome slowly woke up and looked around. "Huh?"

"You are more powerful than we expected. We have been trying to talk with you again, but you have deflected our every attempt," a young male stated.

Kagome stood up. "You are the same people that I talked to before. The ones that won't give me any answers. What do you want?"

"That is correct. This time we bring you a warning. Be careful around the hanyou. You are becoming more and more sensitive to his feelings," a second young male said.

"Learn to control your powers or it will be your undoing," the female said in a rough tone.

"Who are you people? You pull me here to give me warnings, but you don't give me any answers." Kagome looked around. She was frustrated beyond belief. How dare these people pull her away from her mate and not give her answers?

"We told you, that information does not need to be given to you at this time. If we tell you who we are, then it would disrupt future events. We are only allowed to contact you when it is necessary," the second male stated irritatingly.

"Then why contact me at all? Are you going to tell me how to avoid having InuYasha's feelings rush into my body? How to avoid passing out every couple of hours? How to block myself from you people?"

"Don't be silly. You can't block yourself from us. No matter how many barriers you put up, we will find a way in. We are not here to hurt you. We want to help you," the first male voice chimed.

"Keh!" At the sound of her very InuYasha like response, she clamped her hands over her mouth.

"She's talking like fa….." A loud slap vibrated through the vast abyss.

"I'm talking like who?" Kagome wasn't sure what he had said, but she also didn't want to jump to any conclusions.

"Don't worry about it, you don't know the person," the female was quick to cover up.

"Look, we didn't want to keep you here for long. Keep that wolf demon away from your hanyou. They will cause you more turmoil than you can handle right now. Don't let them fight either. We will contact you again," the second male voice said.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~

Kagome opened her eyes to find her head in Kouga's lap. InuYasha was on her left side holding her hand. Kagome looked surprised as she realized that neither demon was growling or fighting. She slowly sat up.

"Oi Kagome, what happened?" Kouga was the first to voice the question both demons had in their minds.

"N…. nothing. I'm fine, trust me." She stood up shakily.

InuYasha grabbed her shoulders and pulled her body to his. Once she was against him, he wrapped his arms around her and pulled his head close to her ear. "Kagome, something is wrong. Tell me what it is. I'm worried about you," he whispered.

Kouga stepped closer towards the couple and went to slap InuYasha, but his hand connected with an invisible shield. He staggered back a few steps, shocked. Miroku leapt out of the vehicle he was in. He had been in an interesting conversation with Sango, and thus hadn't noticed all the commotion going on outside the vehicles. He felt a barrier rise and had quickly looked up just in time to see Kouga hit an invisible shield. He ran over to the scene.

"Kouga, are you ok?"

Kouga shook his head, keeping his attention on Kagome. "What did I just hit? Dog breath shouldn't have powers to create a shield. That must mean that Kagome is producing it, but I've never known her to do that," he thought.

Miroku stepped over to the barrier and ran his hands over the wavy shimmering surface. Kagome stood wrapped in InuYasha's embrace, while staring at Miroku wide eyed. InuYasha had been staring at Kagome, locked in a daydream wishing that no one else was around, and thus he hadn't noticed all the commotion. Coming back to his senses, while trying to knock his inner demons back into place, he glanced up and noticed Miroku staring at Kagome. He looked to the other side and noticed Kouga staring at them as if he'd seen a ghost. He returned his gaze to Kagome. "What's going on?"

Kagome shook her head. "I…. I don't know."

`Drop the shield. You've made your point. I doubt he'll try anything else against InuYasha while you're around.'

"Huh?" Kagome turned her head so that she could stare into InuYasha's eyes. "But I don't know how to drop the shield InuYasha."