Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ A Second Chance ❯ Feelings Realized ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer and Foreword: Tenchi Muyo! and its characters are copyrights and trademarks of AIC, Pioneer, and whoever else may own the rights to it, so please don't sue me (it's not like I have any money anyway :P).

However, this story is my original creation and is copyrighted by me. Please don't copy it and claim it as your own. This story is based on the Tenchi Muyo: Ryo-Oki characters, so Mihoshi isn't as dizzy, though much more clumsy! This story will be continued and revised!

I thank Tex (Datexan) James for pre-reading this story!

A Second Chance

Chapter #2 : Feelings Realized

As the weeks past Nobuyuki, and Mihoshi became each other's best friend. She even started to accompany him to his work at the architecture firm, mainly to help where she could, and to make sure he didn't bother the girls there.

He had asked her to help him curb the now learned habit of bothering the female members of the staff. So, since she was a police officer (Even a galactic one) she readily accepted the favor asked of her. Within a week, Nobuyuki was back to the way he acted when Achika was still alive.

Nobuyuki also helped Mihoshi as he started to point out some of her habits that lead to some disastrous problem either at the house, or within Washu's lab. Within that same span of time, Mihoshi became much less accident-prone. Washu had noticed not just the lessening of accidents in her lab, and in the house, but the realization that the two were becoming closer by the day.

She smiled a quirky smile, as she now hatched a plan to make them even closer. She theorized, but were lonely, and that since their close friendship was born, they showed less negative behaviors (Hentai, accident-prone), and became closer to each other.

She then approached Tenchi who at first was skeptical of anything Washu was involved with. But after she explained to him what had happened between the two, he readily accepted. He even got the rest of the girls to help as well. Tenchi knew Ayeka, and Ryoko would simply because of their rivalry for him. Sasami was Mihoshi's best friend, and had also noticed the changes with her over the last few weeks. She also accepted to be involved.

So they all met right after lunch (And during Mihoshi's midday nap) to plan out how to get the two closer together. Within an hour the plan was agreed upon and Operation Miho-Nubi was officially off the ground and running!

_______________________________________________________________ ___________________________

The Plan Takes Effect

As the conspirators looked anxiously, The two drove up in the Masaki family van.

Both looked beat and the way they walked into the house showed it.

"Hi, ho everyone, I see the house is still in one piece, so I assumed a good and peaceful day was had by all?" stated a relieved Nobuyuki

"So,... you two didn't fight?" asked Mihoshi through tired eyes

Ayeka, and Ryoko were about to say some things they would usually say to the fumbling detective, but a raised hand of Tenchi put a stop to that. They simply looked at each other warily, and nodded silently.

"Oh goody so the couch is still in one piece so I can watch the Space police Policeman-a-thon tonight!" Mihoshi happily said. Nobuyuki smirked at her reaction, then both headed to their rooms to get ready for the dinner everyone had smelled and had their mouths watering for.

As the two "targets" came down stairs, the plan started to take effect. First all the seats were taken, but for two next to each other. Normally Nobuyuki sat next to Katsuhito, but, Washu now took that seat. Who was in her adult form, which was unusual for her. Mihoshi customarily sat between Sasami and Washu, but Washu's seat was now vacant and so with no fanfare, they both sat next to each other.

As dinner progressed and Sasami's cooking skills were exalted again by all, then Washu came up with a suggestion;

"Why don't we all take a walk to settle this fabulous food down!" All at the table agreed.

Since their friendship blossomed, Nobuyuki and Mihoshi had nightly took a walk together to Achika's grave, as part of an after dinner walk. But, today since the while family was going to walk together, they saw little chance for them to do that. As the family walked the paths and woods around the Masaki estate, they slowly separated.

First were Katsuhito and Washu, then Sasami, and Ryo-Oki, and finally Tenchi with Ryoko, and Ayeka in each arm headed for the cave, leaving Nobuyuki, and Mihoshi to walk by themselves.

What they didn't know was that all of them headed to the cave and a portal setup by Washu, which took them to an observation, room with a Video feed of Achika's grave. Now Washu told Katsuhito of the plan only an hour before dinner. So he was the most hesitant of all about pushing these two together. So he wasn't to keen on spying on them at his own daughter's grave. But, he didn't stop it either.

He was also curious about the pair, and wanted to see for himself if this friendship was true. As they all watched, Nobuyuki, and Mihoshi sat down on their knees, and said a Shinto prayer to honor his now departed wife. Nobuyuki then started talking to the grave stone.

"Well where to begin? Ah, yes dear did you know that Mihoshi her has an engineering degree from the Galactic Science Academy?" Mihoshi could only just blush! The others sat there with opened mouths, Shocked.

Mihoshi, ....an engineer??!? was all they thought about as Nobuyuki continued.

"She's been a great help in finalizing my plans, and since this is a 9-5 type of job, I asked my boss if we could employee Mihoshi as my assistant." He paused to look at her, she smiled her radiant smile to him.

"I am going to ask Little Washu for help in providing the proper documentation, and If Mihoshi accepts, it means she'll be working with me and can still do her patrol work while here on earth. Now doesn't it sound great, dear?"

Mihoshi then took his hand and squeezed, she shook her head yes!

"Mihoshi's ....and Engineer??! was all Washu did as the others observed the now happy couple.

"Nubi, ... do you rally think Achika would approve us working together?" asked a now hesitant Mihoshi.

"Now we have talked up here in front of her grave for three weeks now, I think if she had not accepted us being friends, she would have found a way to tell us!" was all Nobuyuki could say.

"She does not object!" Came an ethereal voice from behind them.

"Who are..." was all Nobuyuki said as they came upon the form of Tsunami, floating just a few inches off the ground in a translucent type form!

"TSSSunami?!?" was all He could said

"Yes oh noble Nobuyuki." she replied

"Oh goody, I get to see you as Sasami will be when she grows up. Gosh, you sure are pretty!" Was all Mihoshi said like a schoolgirl meeting her idol.

"Well, thank you Mihoshi, I will convey your good feelings to Sasami."

(Who at that time was sleeping in Washu's lab as the rest of the household stood still and observed the three conversing.)

"So, if I may be so bold, why did you say she does not object?" Asked a now curious Nobuyuki.

"Well, as you know I am a goddess. So, I can contact people ...who have passed on ... in a limited way.

Especially those from the Royal Family."

It dawned on Nobuyuki, and Mihoshi that Achika was Katsuhito's daughter, therefore she was A Jurian Princess.

"So, she approves of us working together?" asked Mihoshi rather meekly.

"I can say she does, ... and what's more, she wants you two ...to be together."

"WHAT?!?" They both said in unison!

Was said by Nobuyuki, and Mihoshi, as well as in Washu's lab by the rest of the family.

"What do you mean by that?" was all Nobuyuki could say.

"She knows your both lonely, and she wants you two ... together in this life!" was all Tsunami said until she disappeared in front of them.

Both looked stunned! They had heard it from Tsunami that Achika not only approved of their friendship ... but also of going further than that!

_______________________________________________________________________ ___________________

Feelings are Realized

Then both looked at each other ...in a new light Nobuyuki, and Mihoshi then took each other's hand and slowly they hugged each other. Now they hugged before ...as friends, but now it was ... different.

They felt the heat of each others body, and they kept looking at each other's eyes. Mihoshi then closed her eyes and snuggled into his arms, he simply smiled and kept her there.

As both held on to each other, both thought about what was said to them by Tsunami over in their heads.

Did both want ... more than friendship?

Did they care more of each other as friends, or ...what?

They finally looked down into each other's eyes again, this time something different was felt by both.

Then without hesitation, ... they kissed! Not a butterfly kiss nor a passionate kiss, but a kiss filled with affection for each other and a twinkling of feeling both had at that moment in their hearts.

Yes! It could be ...more!

They kissed some more in the same caring way and when they parted, smiles were on their faced a yard wide! They knew then that they wouldn't be the same again!

_________________________________________________________________ _________________________

Is it ... Love?

As they walked down the path towards their home, they saw through the glass patio doors. Everyone piled out of Washu's lab entrance. All seemed to have large sweat drops as they made their way inside.

Nobuyuki, and Mihoshi then asked for quiet and they then said to the family; Mihoshi and I have decided to ... date!" was all Nobuyuki said as all the family smiled in approving fashion.

Mihoshi was red as a tomato as she stood by Nobuyuki, holding his hand.

As the weeks when by the two grew closer and it became more clear to all that they were destined to marry.

Even Tenchi and Katsuhito who were the most hesitant of all about the two for the memory of Achika still burned brightly in their hearts, saw the genuine affection and love they had for each other.

Then finally, three months after Mihoshi had trailed Nobuyuki to his wife grave, Nobuyuki propose to her in front of the whole family. But as the celebration had commenced Mihoshi's bracelet started beeping.

She looked very dispondant but smiled and told the rest of her family that she'd find out what was happening and would be back as soon as possible! Then, surprising all there, she passionately kissed her husband to be almost snapping his back in the classic kissing bent backwards scene like in the movies and then she phased out of sight, transported to her GP shuttle.

_______________________________________________________________ ___________________________

A Call

About twenty minutes later Mihoshi reappeared again in the family room.

She was, crying, and collapsed on her knees! Nobuyuki ran to her and gathered her in his arms and walked her to the couch. The rest of the family gathered around to help if they could and find out what had happened.

After she calmed down, Mihoshi began to explain what had happened.

She was being ...reassigned to headquarters. It seems that someone (A lord Kito) in the Jurai High council had requested that only Jurai knights should be on earth to protect the Royals living there, so there should be no GP officers within that solar system.

It seems that someone was trying to use Mihoshi and the rest in a power play situation back on Jurai. Well it didn't take long for Ayeka and Sasami to contact their parents and inform them of what was going on.

At first the Emperor was indifferent to Mihoshi's plight, that is until his wives reminded him that Nobuyuki was now part of the Royal family by marriage, and that If he married Mihoshi she wouldn't have to leave.

Those who were on Earth didn't know what was going on back on Jurai, they just resented being used as pawns in this. So eventually things were straightened out, and to ensure that there would be no more interference,

Nobuyuki, and Mihoshi set the wedding date to next week! As all prepared for the nuptials, a certain someone Lord Kito, now formally of the Jurai Council, was headed to earth with one thought in mind. Kill Nobuyuki, and Mihoshi As well as to kidnap and hold the rest of the Royals there to force the Emperor off the Jurai throne!

Chapter #3: Final Act

We'll see what happens as Kito and his forces attack and find out if Nobuyuki, and Mihoshi can finally find happiness!