Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Children's Crusade ❯ Reasonable Suspicion ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]


TENCHI Muyo - OAV Extension

Children's Crusade

By: Ted Thompson

TENCHI Muyo and all characters contained herein Copyright Pioneer Entertainment & AIC Character of YOROKOBI Assaiki & Events of this story Copyright (C)2000, 2001, 2002 Ted Thompson


TENCHI Muyo - OAV Extension

Children's Crusade

By: Ted Thompson

Part 1

Episode 14: Reasonable Suspicion

[We open on scene similar to the one that we closed on in episode 13 "Here Comes Jurai". TENCHI is dressed for the day, standing on his balcony, and looking out across the lake. Meanwhile, we can hear the banter of AEKA and RYOKO fighting, and the pleading of MIHOSHI for them to stop.]

SCENE: TENCHI'S BALCONY

TENCHI turns toward the camera

TENCHI: [Sighs] Yep, another perfect day

He heads back into the house.

SCENE: KITCHEN

AEKA and RYOKO are in the foreground, in each others faces, and threatening each other with frying pans (or Japanese equiv.) while shouting. SASAMI is in the background making breakfast. Periodically inter-cut with shots of SASAMI (with RYO-OKI on her head) looking miserable about the fight and flinching occasionally (RYO-OKI mirrors SASAMI's expressions). We join in mid-argument....

RYOKO: Yeah right! If it hadn't been for me, he'd have never even gone out on the pier! So if anyone is going to bring him breakfast this morning IT'S ME!

AEKA: For your information, it was my wishing to stay here with him that made him accept the challenge!

MIHOSHI: Guys, how about you both present it to him when he comes down....

RYOKO: HA! It was when Funaho presented me with that bill that TENCHI decided to fight!

During the next line, TENCHI enters the kitchen, SASAMI sees him and smiles to him, RYO-OKI also perks up.

AEKA: It was for SASAMI and me, NOT YOUR DEBTS!

RYOKO: [Dismissingly] Seek help.

TENCHI is now right next to the girls, but RYOKO with her head turned and eyes closed and AEKA scowling and staring at RYOKO, do not notice. TENCHI is rather fed up.

TENCHI: [Shouts (typical anime huge mouth)] GOOD MORNING!

Both girls jump out of their skins and look embarrassed. Then start at it again.

AEKA: See what your shrill screeching has done!

RYOKO: MY shrill screeching!!? Your the one with a voice like claws on a black board!

Argument continues but not clearly, as TENCHI turns and sighs, his shoulders slumping in defeat. He heads for the doorway outside, when SASAMI darts in front of him.

SASAMI: TENCHI! [Pleading eyes] Please don't go. [Hopeful expression] breakfast will be ready in just a few minutes!

TENCHI: Huh? Oh, thanks anyway SASAMI, maybe later. I think I'll just head up to Grandpa's and start my chores.

He pats SASAMI on the head and passes her, we see him walk past as we look at SASAMI's face, a mixture of sadness on it, and then irritation [as much as she can muster] as she turns back toward the house.

We've heard the arguments continue throughout, now SASAMI yells at them.

SASAMI: You know you guys..... [door closes shutting off our hearing the rest]

SCENE: INSIDE MASAKI SHRINE

Grandpa is already up and has started his day. He sits drinking his tea, and should be reviewing one of several books he has before him. He is instead staring ahead, seemingly deep in distracted thought.

SCENE: TOP OF STEPS TO MASAKI SHRINE

TENCHI is just reaching the top. Leaves blow this way and that. He looks dismayed as he walks to the office door.

TENCHI: [To himself, looking at leaves] Man... look how many of these things collect in just a couple of days.

As he reaches the door, we hear a voice from within the office.

YOSHO: [Through door] Come in TENCHI.

TENCHI: [Looking surprised] uh?

TENCHI opens the door and enters.

SCENE: INSIDE MASAKI SHRINE

TENCHI: [As he closes the door behind him] Grandpa, sometimes I think your physic...

YOSHO: [Stands] Hmmm, not telepathy TENCHI, common sense. I could hear the girls fighting all the way up here.

TENCHI: [Exasperated] Yeah...

YOSHO: [Takes unread books back to self] So, when I heard someone walking on the leaves outside a little later, I concluded it would be you.

TENCHI: [Flops down on a pillow to kneel at the table] Sure was... Grandpa, I don't know what to do! They drive me crazy, and after that *duel* it seems like they will be here forever!

YOSHO: [Clasps his hands behind his back] Yes... so many women can be a great burden, but also a great blessing.

TENCHI just gives him a look that says, "Oh great... now I'm going to get the wisdom of the ages routine and some story that does nothing to solve my problems"

There is a pause while YOSHO says nothing.

YOSHO: I didn't have a story with that or anything. I just know that most young men would be thrilled to have your problems.

TENCHI: Oh [falls forward, his head slamming into the table comically.]

YOSHO: While their fighting is a nuisance, I see that you fail to appreciate the positive aspects they each possess.

TENCHI: [TENCHI sits up] What do you mean?

YOSHO: Every man and woman has qualities in which they excel and those in which they are deficient. RYOKO is experienced and strong. WASHU has considerable knowledge. MIHOSHI is genuinely considerate and posses a knowledge of the law. SASAMI is an excellent cook and an eternal optimist. AEKA is devoted and dutiful. Each has their strength and each has their weakness. But when a man and woman are joined it is these qualities which mesh together and become greater then the sum. Every one of us is like half a pair of sheers, unable to fulfill our purpose until we are one.

TENCHI simply stares for a moment.

TENCHI: Wow... Still, AEKA and RYOKO fight so bitterly. It's so disruptive.

YOSHO: [Raises a finger sagely] You, my grandson, are the wood that fuels that fire.

TENCHI: So what am *I* supposed to do about it!?

YOSHO simply shrugs. TENCHI rises to his feet and heads for the door.

TENCHI: Well, thanks anyway. You've given me something to think about [mutters] although I'm not sure what.

YOSHO smiles and places the last book on the shelf, for a brief instant, we see that it is a book of quotations from Benjamin Franklin.

(The reader may not be aware, the wisdom YOSHO imparted is taken from some of Franklin's writings on his views about marriage.)

SCENE: MASAKI KITCHEN

AEKA and RYOKO are sitting right next to each other, as SASAMI stands before them one fist on one hip and bent forward wagging her other finger.

SASAMI: ... and if you don't then that's exactly what's going to happen!

Close up of AEKA and RYOKO faces they roll their eyes toward each other, then away while grunting.

RYOKO: [Jumps up so suddenly that AEKA is spooked and falls over] Well, if the lecture is over, I think I'll go get some fresh air [looks at AEKA who is on the floor staring daggers at RYOKO] It's kind of stuck up... I mean stuffy in here.

RYOKO teleports.

AEKA: [Standing up doing the indignant thing and screaming as if it will make RYOKO hear her, wherever she went] That women is so insufferable!

WASHU's doorway, visible in the back ground, opens and the genius herself pokes her head out.

WASHU: [Shouting] How's a genius supposed to get any work done around here with all this noise!!!

SASAMI: [Turns toward WASHU] Oh good morning WASHU!

WASHU: [Does her cutsey voice] Good morning little SASAMI! [Sniffs and reverts to normal] I think you've go something on the verge of burning in there. [She thumbs like a hitchhiker, but toward the kitchen.]

SASAMI: OH! [Scampers off]

AEKA: I am sorry about the racket WASHU, I did not mean to disturb you, but that daughter of yours is so... so...

WASHU: [Counting off on her fingers] Childish, irreverent, self centered, and prone to loud indignant outbursts?

The point is not lost on AEKA, as WASHU's delivery makes it plain that she's endeavoring to describe RYOKO and AEKA both.

AEKA: [Sour look] ummm, yes.

WASHU: [Doing the typical total and abrupt shift of subject] By the way, either of you felt like something wasn't right this morning? Like there's something not right that you can't quite put you finger on?

MIHOSHI: [Looks about as she recalls] Let's see, beautiful sunrise, wonderful smelling breakfast, RYOKO and AEKA fighting... [Big smile at WASHU] No not really...

Does a feel on her body like someone trying to check their pockets for their keys.

WASHU: Maybe it's nothing... [taking a slightly prolonged stop at her breasts] I certainly feel familiar!

AEKA: [Embarrassed] WASHU! [MIHOSHI giggles]

SASAMI: [From the kitchen] AEKA! Come help me with the food, breakfast is ready.

WASHU and MIHOSHI: Breakfast! [Big and silly grin] Oh boy I'm starved!

SCENE: ROOF OF MASAKI HOUSE

Looking over RYOKO's shoulder while she looks at the crater lake beyond. We pan across her scanning from one end of the lake to the other as she seems to stay centered and rotate, at the end of this monologue we reach a shot of her face (background has of course changed to the trees behind the house)

RYOKO: [Echo sound of hearing her thinking] Oh why do I do this to myself? I start out trying to make a good impression on my TENCHI, and in the end either that brat AEKA screws it up.... Or I do... SASAMI is right, all either of us will accomplish is making TENCHI hate us both. But it hurts so badly. And all she does is make it hurt worse. Oh TENCHI, all I want more then anything is for you to want me for your own...

At this point the circular pan ends, and we see RYOKO with tears in her eyes. This shot holds for a few seconds and then we go to profile with the shrine steps in the background, TENCHI is descending them.

SCENE: MASAKI KITCHEN

WASHU and MIHOSHI are seated as AEKA sits and SASAMI brings a last plate to the table. We see this from the rafters as RYOKO's hip and side teleport into shot.

Angle changes to RYOKO's face, still sad but the tears are gone.

TENCHI comes in.

SASAMI: Oh! I'm so glad you came back, we're just sitting down.

TENCHI: Thanks SASAMI, I'm glad I didn't miss it!

TENCHI has a seat also, next to MIHOSHI and away from AEKA. AEKA looks hurt.

AEKA: Uh... TENCHI, why don't you have a seat here [gestures to the empty space beside her] next to me?

MIHOSHI is in mid bite, and looks a little uncomfortable with AEKA's apparent objection to TENCHI's choice of seats.

TENCHI: [Already dishing some food onto his plate] That's OK, I'm fine here.

MIHOSHI: [Trying to be helpful] It's OK TENCHI, I don't mind if you sit there.

TENCHI: No really, I like this seat just fine.

AEKA: But....

RYOKO teleports in, cutting AEKA off mid sentence and taking the formerly empty spot at the table.

RYOKO: This smells wonderful SASAMI.

SASAMI: Thank you RYOKO.

AEKA is again looking miffed, and looking like she's waiting for a barb from RYOKO.

AEKA: [Asides] What? No witticisms?

RYOKO: No... I mean I have them, but they seem to upset TENCHI.

TENCHI: Ummm? Well thank you RYOKO for restraining yourself.

RYOKO blushes and hides her face, it's almost too much to stand thanks to Zero's influence.

We get a long look at AEKA looking upset at being check mated and mannered into a corner.

SCENE: GALAXY POLICE HQ

MIHOSHI's CO is at his desk, as we have seen him before (this is the human, not the alien lion looking fellow whom I will refer to as the CHIEF of Police.)

TELECOM: Priority Alpha Comm from Head Quarters.

MIHOSHI's CO: [Jolted out of his thoughts/work] Huh... oh uh put it through.

The room goes dark as a view screen flashes to life before the CO. The CHIEF of Police appears on the view screen.

CHIEF: The Juraian high council, in response to MIHOSHI's report and other intelligence gathered have leveled charges against individuals currently residing on the Earth. They allege that First Princess AEKA, Second Princess SASAMI, Prince YOSHO, and an individual kidnapped from the Galactic Academy 700 years ago WASHU, are being held either through coercion or force by one TENCHI Masaki, and one RYOKO Masaki. We have been ordered to extract the hostages and extradite the Masaki's who are to be arrested for these charges. Officer MIHOSHI is reported to be present, but may be under coercion or an accomplice. She is also to be taken into custody pending an investigation. Since the protected Territories fall within your precinct, I expect you to handle this discretely and quickly.

Without preamble the screen goes blank.

CO: Oh no... Not MIHOSHI again! [He buries his head in his arms on his desk he reaches out to an intercom button.] Send in our Special Ops leader.

After a few moments the door to his office slides open. The officer is male, and dressed in a uniform that is very similar to MIHOSHI's. He looks in his 30s, with salt and pepper hair, and a little bulky through the middle. The CO sits up again and pushes a data pad across the desk toward the officer.

YOROKOBI: [Salutes] Special Ops Lieutenant YOROKOBI reporting as ordered sir.

CO: Lieutenant, we have a situation and I want you to handle it personally.

YOROKOBI: Sir, you put me on a desk after my last mission. Remember?

CO: [Sharply] Yes! But there is no one else nearly as experienced as you are.

The officer takes the pad and a seat. After a few moments looking it over, he looks up at the CO.

YOROKOBI: You can't be serious.

CO: I am, and so is the CHIEF....

YOROKOBI: With no investigation!? Just on someone's say so!?

CO: Not *Someone*, Lieutenant, the Juraian High Counsel! Just do your job, complete the mission, and let Judicial sort it out [pleading] OK?

YOROKOBI just grunts.

CO: Should I take it you are resigning then? Should I give this assignment to someone else?

YOROKOBI: {Grunts again] You *know* I don't turn down assignments, and I haven't resigned yet. I'm not about to now. You want me to go down there and make an illegal arrest? Fine, but it's wrong. We have rules, they have rights, and my head is not going to roll alone...

YOROKOBI storms out and the CO leans heavily on his desk.

CO: At this rate I'll never make it to retirement with my sanity....

SCENE: LARGE HANGER

A mid sized shuttle is in the foreground. YOROKOBI is loading it with boxes and crates from a cart that stands nearby. Also near by is a DROID that looks like a floating version of the robot assistant in MIHOSHI's ship.

YOROKOBI: I tell you [Wham! The shuttle shakes as he grabs a box from the cart and tosses it into the ship] It's wrong [Wham! Another box] No investigation [Wham!] No evi.... Hey I've been looking for that...! [Wham] Anyway, no evidence... They're setting me up [Wham! It's the last box] They're going to burn me for botching my last raid.

DROID: I very much doubt it, the Internal Affairs investigation found you blameless.

YOROKOBI: [Points in the DROID's "face"] That doesn't mean I don't get punished.... And you know it.

DROID: Perhaps. But if someone have a vendetta, I don't think they'd dare cross your fathe....

YOROKOBI grabs the DROID by both sides of it's head, we can hear the DROID's hover engine straining in vain to get free.

YOROKOBI: [Angry] I was cleared of the charges because I was innocent! My father had NOTHING to do with it, or any other part of my career! Got it?

YOROKOBI releases the DROID.

DROID: I didn't mean to imply it was a matter of nepotism. I merely think ...

YOROKOBI: I know, my father is a formidable figure and they'd just assume not tick him off. I'm sorry D.R.6, guess I'm a little hyped up.

DROID: Think nothing of it, sir.

The ship loaded, YOROKOBI puts on a heavier jacket and zips it up.

YOROKOBI: [As he enters the ship] Well, wish me luck!

DROID: Good luck, sir.

SCENE: DEEP SPACE

YOROKOBI: [Voice only in mock enthusiasm] Boy! Doesn't this suck?

We see the shuttle blast by at high speed and make a hyperspace jump in the distance.

SCENE: MASAKI LIVING ROOM

Bowls and plates are empty as every one sits back, the meal concluded.

TENCHI: That was wonderful as always, SASAMI! Thank you.

SASAMI: You're welcome. Don't forget your lunch!

SASAMI darts off and returns with a wrapped package.

SASAMI: I know your going to be out in the fields today, and I thought you might get hungry.

TENCHI: [Takes the package] Thank you again!

SASAMI smiles as TENCHI takes the package and heads out the door.

AEKA and RYOKO: Good bye TENCHI!

AEKA shoots a look at RYOKO who continues to wave. WASHU pops up in front of them.

WASHU: See ya later, heehhe!

TENCHI waves back and is gone.

AEKA: humph! [Turns her nose up with eyes closed] I'll help you clean up SASAMI. [Starts gathering dishes]

RYOKO: You do that... [Turns and walks away]

WASHU: Well I've got a lot to do. A geniuses work is never done! [She heads to her lab]

RYOKO walks away and plops down next to MIHOSHI who has already turned the family TV on. They proceed to watch some sort of cartoon.

SCENE: MASAKI KITCHEN

SASAMI and AEKA are working on cleaning the dishes.

SASAMI: I guess you decided not to take my advice.

AEKA: Not again SASAMI, it was bad enough the first time. And I don't know where you get the idea that you should lecture me, your older sister, especially on the matter of how to handle men!

SASAMI: It wasn't about how to handle men, it was about how to make things nice for other people.

AEKA takes on a look of being a little ashamed.

SCENE: MASAKI LIVING ROOM

We can hear the laugh track and other sounds of some cartoon.

MIHOSHI: Oh I love this one, it's sooo funny!

More sounds, RYOKO looks like she's not paying any attention to the TV.

MIHOSHI notices and makes some "hmm" sounds as she tries to figure out what's up with RYOKO.

MIHOSHI: RYOKO? Are you OK?

RYOKO: [Snaps out of it] hmmm? [Puts on a false happy face] Oh yeah, I'm fine.

MIHOSHI: Oh, cause you looked a litt....

RYOKO: I'm sorry MIHOSHI, there's something I need to talk to WASHU about.

RYOKO gets up and abruptly leaves. MIHOSHI seems put off for a second, and then there's a "bonk" from the TV and laughter, and she turns her attention back to the cartoon.

SCENE: RIGHT OUTSIDE WASHU'S LAB

RYOKO looks around and then enters the door.

SCENE: WASHU'S LAB

RYOKO enters and closes the door, which then vanishes. WASHU is sitting at her translucent lap top, taping away at the 'keyboard'.

WASHU: [Without turning around] Don't you ever knock?

RYOKO: WASHU, I need to talk to you.

WASHU: [Spins around] Don't call me WASHU, call me mom!

RYOKO: [Grits her teeth] Ok.... Mom, I need to talk to you.

WASHU: [Spins back to the computer] Not right now, but I'll be with you in a minute!

RYOKO can be seen in the background, eyes huge, and a finger raised, she is about to yell something, and then thinks better of it. We then get to watch as WASHU does all sorts of things on her computer. After a while, she turns around again.

WASHU: Now, what does my little girl want to talk about?

RYOKO: [Pauses] I need you to take Zero back out of me.

WASHU: Oh? Well I can't, you've assimilated her, she is you now.

RYOKO: [Falls to her knees pleading] Mother! Please! I can't stand it! It hurts too much!

WASHU: Hmmm? Hurts? Well let's have a look at you!

WASHU pulls one of those Eye/Ear/Nose scopes that doctors use out of no where and proceeds to roughly stretch RYOKO's head all out of shape as she examines her ears and throat.

RYOKO: Ahhh.... uhh.... OW!..... Hey!

WASHU: Well, looks normal.

RYOKO: [Pulls away] No! Not that kind of hurt! Here [pointing to chest] It hurts me here.

WASHU: Oh... When exactly?

RYOKO: When I think of TENCHI, how much I care for him, how much he doesn't seem to like me, AEKA taking him away from me. [She start to well up with tears again]

WASHU: Well, I guess that's to be expected. Zero had all your memories and emotions but not your personality. She didn't suppress her feelings and use flippancy to try and bury them.

RYOKO: Well if that's supposed to be such a good thing, why does it feel so bad?

WASHU: Your not used to it. And your still fighting it. Tell you what, why don't you an I go relax in the bath. We can unwind, talk about boys, and all that.

WASHU doesn't wait for an answer, she simply head out of the lab, dragging RYOKO behind her. After the door closes, we pan to the screen of WASHU's computer and see a red blip appear.

SCENE: CARROT FIELDS

TENCHI is doing farming things hoeing in the field, as RYO-OKI sniffs and pokes around TENCHI's lunch.

RYO-OKI: Mew...

TENCHI: Hmm? Oh you think that's for you?

RYO-OKI: Mews a "yeah" sound

TENCHI: Well it's mine [he bends over and pulls up the package with RYO-OKI attached] Hey! Ok, Ok, We can take a little break I suppose!

TENCHI takes a short walk over to a rock and sits on it, RYO-OKI still swinging from the wrapped lunch package.

TENCHI: Seesh, do you ever stop eating or get full?

RYO-OKI: Mews a "no"

TENCHI opens the package on his lap and sure enough along with some rice cakes and things there's a carrot.

TENCHI: Looks like SASAMI didn't forget you. [Hands the carrot to RYO-OKI who settles down to munch on the prize]

As they eat, AEKA approaches.

AEKA: TENCHI? I am sorry to disturb you when you are at work, but I wanted to apologize for upsetting you so this morning.

TENCHI: Oh it's Ok. I know RYOKO can really get under a persons skin at times. [He seems to think better of being this ok with it and adds] But, it is awfully annoying, and just makes matters worse when you two fight.

AEKA: I know, and that is why I came to say I'm sorry.

TENCHI: [Sounding a little skeptical] All right...

AEKA: I also wanted to ask you if you would be so kind as to take me on another walk around the grounds here, once your work is done. Show me some things I might not have had the joy of experiencing.

TENCHI: Ok, if I still have the energy after I am done, I'll show you around.

AEKA: Oh Thank you, TENCHI! Thank you.

As she turns and walks away quite pleased with herself, we hear her thinking....

AEKA: Two can play your silly games, RYOKO....

SCENE: SHUTTLE COCKPIT

YOROKOBI is looking upwards and seems to be thinking of something somewhat unpleasant. After a moment, a rhythmic beeping distracts him from these thoughts. He turns his eyes downward to focus on the console. After punching a few buttons he pulls a lever toward him slowly, and the view outside the cockpit windows shifts from racing stars to nearly stationary ones. Among the stars is one that is MUCH bigger and brighter, he has come out of hyperspace on the edge of the solar system.

YOROKOBI: Ok, by the book now. Mission recorder on.

There is a confirming noise from the console.

YOROKOBI: Beginning standard scan.

We are treated to some gibberish, noise, and occasional audio that we can decipher, these snippets are a few years old, but recognizable to those who know the languages. English snippets are about the last world series and Clinton's Lewinski trial. None of it impresses YOROKOBI as he comments on the scanners findings aloud.

YOROKOBI: Lets see, standard stellar noise, primitive audio and visual transmissions.... Looks like leakage... No interstellar transmissions... [He seems to take special note of this] No beacons... No navigational scans... no *SAAPS* signals.... [Sighs] What a backwater this place must be.

He shuts off the systems and leans back again.

YOROKOBI: [Talking to the recorder] Mission log 1st entry. Completed standard scans of Terran system. No advanced activity detected, only primitive native EM signals. Proceeding to orbital insertion. Recorder off.

Another confirming beep.

YOROKOBI: [Echoed thoughts] It doesn't make any sense.... Not even the most basic signals. Am I supposed to think that two interstellar criminals are just sitting down there. Sitting there with the progeny of Jurai Royal Family as captives and they're blind to what's in the skys above them....

SCENE: OUTSIDE THE SHUTTLE

We see the shuttle fly by headed toward a small blue disc in the distance.

SCENE: PORCH OUTSIDE MASAKI HOME

It's evening and we can see in the background inside the house, everyone getting up from the table, except YOSHO who is taking his time finishing his tea. AEKA and TENCHI move toward us, to the porch outside. RYOKO is watching. The dialog begins as TENCHI and AEKA make it to the porch and are outside.

TENCHI: That was a pleasant meal. You and RYOKO were certainly polite to each other tonight.

AEKA: Only to please you...

TENCHI: [A bit nervous at the personal attention] Well, ummm, I'm sorry we didn't get to take that walk today. Grandpa had more chores for me at the shrine after I finished in the fields.

AEKA: [With well mannered politeness] It's perfectly fine, I know you have many responsibilities here.

We see RYOKO edging closer with Washu in the very back watching her. We then get a close up of her face. We hear her thinking, recalling something Washu had said.

RYOKO: [Echoed thoughts] "Don't exclude the other girl, suggest a plan for all three of you." .... right.

RYOKO gets a scheming grin, but drops it as she steps out and next to TENCHI and AEKA.

RYOKO: Sooooo.... you guys want to play a game or something before bed? Maybe some cards?

TENCHI: [Grateful for the diversion] Hey, yeah, that sounds like a wonderful idea.

AEKA sneers as TENCHI passes and heads inside and RYOKO follows. Once inside we see Washu looking on approvingly of how RYOKO handled it and MIHOSHI helping to clean from dinner. As SASAMI comes into the living room she sees TENCHI getting some cards out. She makes a silent expression of "OH!" with a smile that dissolves into a yawn. WASHU looks at RYOKO, smiles and then ducks back into her lab. AEKA comes up behind SASAMI and takes note of the younger ones fatigue.

AEKA: Sounds like someone is ready for sleep.

SASAMI: [Whirls around with a pleading look] Pleeeease AEKA! I want to play too!

AEKA: [Taking on a matronly pose as MIHOSHI comes out of the kitchen behind her.] Now, now, you've had a very long day.

SASAMI: Aw.....

MIHOSHI: Come on SASAMI, I'll take you.

SASAMI: [Brightens a little] Ok MIHOSHI.

They leave as the others get all set up in the living room. YOSHO is next to AEKA on one side, RYOKO is on the other side with a hand dealt next to her for MIHOSHI, TENCHI is at the end of the table. We hear jaunty music as the camera pulls back away from the scene. Soon MIHOSHI returns and picks up her hand of cards. She almost immediately says "GIN!" and puts he cards down. As we almost pass outside the house. Then we are still pulling back, but outside the house and we hear TENCHI say, "We're not playing Gin, MIHOSHI." MIHOSHI giggles, "oh..."

The pull back continues up into the air until we can see, from above, the Masaki house, and the shrine. Then a border comes into view. As it does a series of green blips superimpose on the Masaki house, it becomes apparent we are looking at a view screen. We see the shuttle cockpit and Yorokobi sneer a little.

SCENE: SHUTTLE COCKPIT

YOROKOBI: Perfect. They're all together. Maybe we can get this done in one clean strike.

CLOSING CREDITS....