Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Children's Crusade ❯ Your Under Arrest? ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]


TENCHI Muyo - OAV Extension

Children's Crusade

By: Ted Thompson

Part 2

Episode 15: Your Under Arrest?


SCENE: MASAKI LIVING ROOM

We open on a scene of TENCHI, YOSHO, and the girls (minus SASAMI) rising from the living room table and gathering the items from their evenings games. Everyone seems to have had a good time.

YOSHO: Well RYOKO, that was an excellent idea.

RYOKO: Yeah, it was a good way to spend the evening. I had no idea you were such a good poker player MIHOSHI.

MIHOSHI: Huh? Oh well thanks, you know I never even played before tonight. Beginners luck I guess.

TENCHI: Good thing it wasn't real money, or you'd have taken us all the cleaners.

[All three (AEKA, RYOKO, MIHOSHI) come into shot they all look confused because they have no idea what the slang means]

AEKA: [Nervously clears her throat] Ah, well, I do believe it is getting late.

YOSHO: [Turns to the door, and looks back] Yes, I'll be heading back to the shrine. Good night everyone.

[As he reaches the door, he opens it and we see it's raining. Not a downpour, but enough to make it look like a miserable walk up the mountain. YOSHO takes pause, and TENCHI steps forward.]

TENCHI: Looks nasty out there, Grandpa. My Dad is still gone on his business trip, why not sleep in his room tonight and you can go back in the morning when the weather has cleared.

YOSHO: Thank you TENCHI, I think I will.

[we see a view out the door, YOSHO turns and heads back into the interior of the house, and TENCHI reaches to close the door. We see, but TENCHI does not, a glint in the woods beyond as the door closes.]

SCENE: WOODS OUTSIDE MASAKI HOME

It's raining. We seen YOROKOBI kneeling on the ground, the water running off of him, as he peers through some sort of high tech binoculars. Behind him are six medium sized droids.

YOROKOBI: That's right old man, you stay right there. Wouldn't want this foul weather to get in those old bones.... [He lowers the binoculars and turns to the group of droids] All right you goons, stealth mode, take up your staging positions and hold for orders.

The droids all light up green eyespots on the front and start to move out, making no sound what so ever.

SCENE: MASAKI LIVING ROOM

MIHOSHI is settling down to sleep, as AEKA and TENCHI are in the foreground, RYOKO is in the distance, but slowly approaching]

AEKA: I had a very nice time this evening TENCHI. I hope we get a chance to take that walk tomorrow.

TENCHI: [A touch nervous as he sees RYOKO is nearing] Uh, yeah. Maybe we can if I have the time. [Closed eyed bashful grin]

RYOKO: A walk! Why that sounds lovely, can I tag along?

AEKA: [Visibly annoyed] No you may not! I asked him!

TENCHI: Uh

RYOKO: Ok, geeze AEKA, I just asked. It sounds like such a lovely idea, to see the sites, the beautiful scenery. I guess I'll have to ask TENCHI to take me another time.... alone.

AEKA: [Surprised look, like that possibility had not occurred to her] Grrr.

TENCHI: Miss AEKA....

RYOKO: [To TENCHI] It's ok dear. I'm not going to let this ruin the evening. We can talk about it later.

[AEKA is still seething, as RYOKO teleports]

SCENE: RAFTERS ABOVE MASAKI LIVING ROOM

RYOKO teleports into shot and quickly settles on her bedding there, hands behind her head, she smirks. We can hear AEKA and TENCHI as we look at RYOKO

AEKA: [Turns the sweet voice back on] I'm sorry TENCHI, but she can be so annoying when she tries to interfere in our relationship.

TENCHI: Hey! What relationship?

[RYOKO laughs quietly out loud]

AEKA: Oh! I didn't mean that, I was just... Uh looking forward to spending the time with you so we could, well, talk and...

TENCHI: [Annoyed] Never mind... [Sighs, then exasperated] I'll see you in the morning. Good night Miss AEKA.

AEKA: [Weekly] Good night.... TENCHI...

[We now hear RYOKO thinking]

RYOKO: [Echoed thoughts] WASHU was right, this can be fun.

[Angle changes to a low angle view as RYOKO turns over to go to sleep, the view turns green again, like night vision goggles.]

SCENE: WOODS OUTSIDE THE MASAKI HOME

We get a side shot of YOROKOBI, still in the same position as before, as he lowers the binoculars from his face.

YOROKOBI: Moonless night, overcast, and everyone snug in their bed. This is going to be too easy!

He pulls out a device that has a wedge shaped nose and a view screen on the back. He looks at the screen as it springs to life. Angle changes to a view over YOROKOBI's shoulder. From our vantage point we can see that the display shows multiple vital signs, and that most but not all are shaded green, there is one that is red and one yellow.

YOROKOBI: Now, all I have to do is wait until they are all asleep.

SCENE: MASAKI LIVING ROOM

We first see a close up of WASHU's door. It opens, and WASHU pokes her head through. After a look around, she seems satisfied that every one is asleep, and steps out closing the door behind her.

Angle change - to a shot over Ryoko looking down on the floor. We see WASHU pass below, headed to parts unknown. As she does, Ryoko turns and looks restless.

Angle change - to a shot of MIHOSHI, peacefully sleeping with her trademark smile.

Angle change - YOSHO sleeps in NOBOUKI's room, he's in a pious pose with his hands atop each other on his chest.

Angle change - We see a shot that includes AEKA and RYO-OKI. RYO-OKI is snuggled up with a carrot, at the head of SASAMI's palette. But we can't see Sasami, only AEKA. We can hear Aeka snoring, and Sasami sounding distressed. Aeka is asleep, mouth open, and drooling a little. We pan upwards so Sasami comes into view. Her eyes are twitching and she's tossing and turning, having a bad dream.

SCENE: A DARK VOID

We see Sasami running around, terrified. She calls first for AEKA, then with more fear TENCHI, then the others. She starts to cry confused as to where she is.

Next she's in a maze, and she becomes more cautious. As she prowls around she sees TENCHI, but when she gets near it's an illusion and he disappears. Then she hears and sees the light beams of FUNAHO (the tree) over the walls. She searches and searches and finally finds the way to the center of the maze.

There she finds FUNAHO (tree) but it's wilted, like a tree would be in the fall. She is shocked to see this, and draws nearer the tree. As she does, it too vanishes, but is replaced by and image of TSUNAMI.

We see TSUNAMI from behind, so we only see her outfit. But what Sasami sees is apparently wrong. She looks horrified.

SCENE: RAFTERS ABOVE MASAKI LIVING ROOM

Ryoko is tossing and turning too, eyes shuddering. We dissolve too...

SCENE: A CITY SCAPE

We are now above a large city. It is night. We can see the light of the city and large fires and explosions. We hear Ryoko's cackle of delight at each blast.

We are treated to a series of images, people running, people dead or dying, ornate buildings going up in flames. Then we return to the arial perspective.

High atop a tower we see in the distance the silhouette of Ryoko, she's laughing and declaring that all shall perish. We then move aside as see Ryoko floating in the foreground dressed in her favorite striped dress. (There are two Ryoko's in shot now, one in a black outline in the distance, one in the fore ground in the dress)

The foreground Ryoko (RYOKO) gasps in horror at what she's seeing. As the blasts and energy beams from the background Ryoko (DARK RYOKO) fly we see blast after blast, until one especially large one goes off in the center of the city. (It is my intention that the studious viewer recognize this as the same scene shown when TSUNAMI described SASAMI's death and assimilation by her) With this last explosion, RYOKO says "No!" quite loudly and DARK RYOKO spins around. We can see now that DARK RYOKO is in Ryoko's black and red battle suit with red glowing eyes.

DARK RYOKO: [Eyes narrowing] YOU!

She launches off toward RYOKO

RYOKO: [Shocky, and unsure] Who are you?

DARK RYOKO: [Comes close enough and stops] I am RYOKO! [Pauses] And you are NOT!

on the last statement she powers up and fires a large red energy ball at RYOKO. RYOKO freezes in place eyes fearful and wide. And just as the shot reaches her we cut to.....

SCENE: MASAKI LIVING ROOM

Same overhead angle as before looking over Ryoko, we hear Sasami yelp and then see RYOKO flip off her rafter and plummets to the floor below, falling out of shot.

We then get a side view of RYOKO's landing, it's in green monochrome like night vision goggles. We hear YOROKOBI stifle a chuckle.

We then cut back inside to see SASAMI, scared, darting into the living room to investigate the noise of RYOKO's fall. RYOKO is rising from the floor looking hurt and scared, but it vanishes quickly as she sees SASAMI coming. MIHOSHI is right there but sleeps through it all.

SASAMI: [Concerned] Ryoko are you ok?

RYOKO: Hmm... Oh yeah, I'm fine. I just uh, rolled over when I shouldn't have. Happens all the time. [It's a transparent lie]

SASAMI: Oh.... [Resumes her scared look] Well, I just had the most terrible dream.

RYOKO: Yeah? .... [She goes on but we can't make it out, as we shift to the monochrome green look again]

YOROKOBI: [Voice] Oh come on! Go to sleep already, it's cold out here.

WASHU: [Voice] What are you doing?

SCENE: WOODS OUTSIDE MASAKI HOME

YOROKOBI drops the binoculars, spins around, and draws one of the two side arms he carries. WASHU has scared the crap out of him. He aims, but he's above her head as she's short. He then lowers his aim and we get a view from his perspective. He at once recognizes her as a "hostage" and snaps the gun skyward.

YOROKOBI: Goddess you scared me half to death.

WASHU: Close.

YOROKOBI: Your.... WASHU right?

WASHU: I am not just WASHU, I am WASHU the great, [louder] WASHU the magnificent, [louder] WASHU the greatest scientific genius in the Universe!

YOROKOBI: [Freaking out] SHHHH!!! Grrrr, [whispering] your also WASHU the big mouth! They'll hear us!

WASHU: And that's bad?

YOROKOBI: [Loosing patience] Yes! [He hisses]

WASHU: [REALLY loud] WHY!?!!?

YOROKOBI falls over and lands with a comedic thud. And he looks really annoyed. He props himself up on his elbows.

YOROKOBI: Listen, I need your help.... UGH!

WASHU has landed on his chest, straddling him. She's propped herself up on one elbow on YOROKOBI's chest and is tracing circles on it with her free hand.

WASHU: [Purring] What can I do to help you, officer?

YOROKOBI: Uh, well... [he starts bracing himself to kick her off] .. maybe you can tell me about the house.

As he talks he talks he gets his cuffs into one hand and rapidly pulls his foot up to launch WASHU into the air, and off of him. With the gymnastic grace that nearly all anime characters seem to have she deftly flips through the air and lands on her feet. YOROKOBI kicks out his feet and flips up into a standing position with his cuffs out ready to slap them on WASHU. WASHU frowns, growls and forms an energy ball in her hands. We cut to a close up of YOROKOBI's face, his eyes getting huge with fear.

SCENE: MASAKI LIVING ROOM

RYOKO seems to winding up a conversation with SASAMI. They are moving toward where SASAMI sleeps.

RYOKO: Well, you know we all have bed dreams. Even I do [tone makes it obvious she's thinking at that instant of her dream, but she's not telling anyone about it]

SASAMI: But this was so re.....

At that moment, the far wall explodes inward YOROKOBI goes sailing by, pushed along by a white orb of energy. Sasami ducks but Ryoko simply stands there, her hair and dress fluttering from the blast behind her. As the dust settles, MIHOSHI jumps up screaming. YOROKOBI is left lying on the floor in the middle of the room.

WASHU: [Holding the cuffs and standing in the hole in the wall] I'm not that kinda girl.... At least not on a first date. [She tosses the cuffs onto YOROKOBI]

YOSHO, AEKA, and TENCHI all come firing in from all directions. YOSHO, while moving fast looks calm, as the other two look frightened.

TENCHI: What's going on!!!!

AEKA: Yes, what's happening...

YOROKOBI: [Struggling to his feet, he reaches for both side arms] Your all under arres.... [he realizes he is weaponless]

We get a shot of WASHU standing there juggling the two pistols in one hand.

WASHU: Looking for these? [Taunting]

RYOKO: WASHU! What is going on here? Who's the cop?

WASHU: I found this guy prowling around outside. [She shrugs] I tried to be hospitable, [she points] but he was just rude!

YOROKOBI looks wide eyed and dumbfounded.

MIHOSHI: [Looks at the uniform and gasps] He's Special Ops!

YOROKOBI snaps his attention to MIHOSHI then TENCHI as they talk.

TENCHI: What the heck is special Ops?

MIHOSHI: Well, you know those TV police shows I like to watch? The ones where all those guys come in like soldiers with guns and stuff when some criminal is threatening people or has a bomb or something.

TENCHI: You mean he's a one man Galaxy Police SWAT team!?

During this exchange YOROKOBI has reached for his wrist where a watch like contraption is strapped.

YOROKOBI: One man, yes, [he smirks] but not alone! [He presses a button on the device]

Abruptly the other walls are assaulted as the drones come barging in.

DRONES: Drop your weapons, no one move, you are under arrest.

Everyone, except WASHU, panics (even YOSHO, he's not armed) and scatters. WASHU simply levitates and forms an energy bubble around herself and then calls up her ethereal laptop and starts typing.

YOROKOBI: All units pursue your primaries!

The drones take off in pursuit of the others.

YOROKOBI: As for you... [he starts to step toward WASHU, and is instantly imprisoned in an energy sphere]

WASHU: [Aside as she concentrates on her computer] Not now...

We see YOROKOBI beating on the energy orb that traps him.

SCENE: WOODS ASSORTED LOCATIONS

YOSHO is running with Sasami with 2 units in pursuit. AEKA is running with TENCHI and MIHOSHI dodging non explosive fire, with 2 units in pursuit. Ryoko is off solo dodging non explosive fire, also with 2 units behind her.

YOSHO reaches the shrine and takes Sasami inside. As the two pursuing drones reach the top, YOSHO he steps out, Samurai sword in hand. He strikes a warrior's pose and slides one sandaled foot across the ground preparing to attack.

In another part of the woods, Ryoko suddenly stops and asks out loud, "Why am I running?" She forms an energy sword and cuts one of the two drones down. The other fires and hits Ryoko. She is wrapped in a yellow energy field like ropes around her mid body. She struggles for a few moments, then breaks free from them. With lightning speed she cleaves the last drone in two.

We return to YOSHO, he's standing beyond the drones, crouched as if completing an attack. After a second both drones give off lines of bright light (where they were sliced) and explode. Sasami then peeks out of the shrine.

SASAMI: [Tentatively] Is it over?

YOSHO: [Stands fully up and nods] For us. [He turns and we see, over his shoulder, flashes in the trees below.]

We return to TENCHI, MIHOSHI, and AEKA. TENCHI is yelling, so is MIHOSHI. AEKA is just running for her life. AEKA is dragging behind a little and is hit with the same restraining energy that Ryoko was earlier. AEKA can't get free.

AEKA: [Falls on her face] TENCHI!

TENCHI: [Looking back] AEKA!!

TENCHI turns back and tries to free AEKA. MIHOSHI stops.

MIHOSHI: Come on guys! They're coming!!

TENCHI and AEKA struggle, but it's no good. Suddenly both drones gun barrels come into shot, AEKA sees them but TENCHI's back it too them.

AEKA: [Gasps] TENCHI!

He turns and gets suitably frightened.

We then change to an angle looking past MIHOSHI at the scene. As the drones guns start to glow with a charge to fire, MIHOSHI looks away her eyes shut hard.

MIHOSHI: I can't look....

Then, both drones turn and target each others heads. As they do the charge changes color from yellow to red. After a second they fire and blow each other's heads off. As they fall down, we see WASHU floating behind them.

WASHU: You can open your eye's now....

TENCHI: Huh? Oh WASHU your the greatest!

WASHU: That's what I keep telling you.

SCENE: MASAKI LIVING ROOM

It's morning, the rain has stopped. Everyone except WASHU and SASAMI is gathered around a decidedly sour looking YOROKOBI, who is still imprisoned. We can hear that Sasami is, as always, hard at work in the kitchen.

YOROKOBI: I told you. I am Special Operations Officer YOROKOBI Assaiki, and I have been assigned to arrest TENCHI and Ryoko Masaki for the crime of kidnapping. And, to take Prince YOSHO, Princess AEKA, Princess Sasami, and First Class Detective MIHOSHI into custody.

RYOKO: Ahttp://www. TENCHI and RYOKO Masaki. Makes it sound like we're married. [She hangs on his arm]

TENCHI: Hey... RYOKO stop it!

Ryoko looks more hurt then usual, but lets him go.

YOSHO: As I already stated, none of us has been kidnapped. There must be some mistake.

WASHU: [Comes in from outside] Well, he won't be taking any trips of making any radio transmissions for awhile. [She looks to YOROKOBI] Don't worry nothing permanent, just disabled.

YOROKOBI glares at WASHU.

YOSHO: Thank you WASHU. In that case, perhaps we can extend a more courteous disposition to our guest. Release him please.

WASHU: [Wary] Ok...

WASHU waves her hand and the field vanishes.

YOSHO: Give us an opportunity to prove to you that we are indeed all here of our own free will.

YOROKOBI: It appears I have no choice.

TENCHI: Well, why not start with having breakfast with us?

YOSHO: An excellent idea, TENCHI. We can tell the Lieutenant about the events of the last few months.

Just then there is a horrific sound of crashing dishes in the kitchen. We hear RYO-OKI going berserk. Everyone rushes to the kitchen. Sasami passed out on the floor. Everyone expresses their concern and WASHU makes a quick exam.

WASHU: [Concerned, perplexed] She doesn't look like there is anything wrong.... better get her to my lab.

SCENE: WASHU'S BIOLOGY LAB

A hospital bed of sorts is in the middle of the room. All sorts of devices are around SASAMI, or pointed at her, as WASHU busies herself at a control panel. Everyone is staring anxiously at the back of WASHU's head. SASAMI is still unconscious.

WASHU: [Without looking back] She's ok for now, at least not in immediate danger. Now go away so I can try to find out what's going on with her.

Everyone looks disappointed and shuffles out. All except RYO-OKI who sneaks back toward SASAMI.

WASHU: [Turns around] hmmm... That means you too!

RYO-OKI: [Plaintively] Meya....

WASHU: [Bends over] Your worried about her aren't you. Me too. I guess you can stay, just don't get underfoot.

RYO-OKI hops over to SASAMI's side and stares at her.

SCENE: PORCH OF MASAKI HOME

YOROKOBI and YOSHO are standing there looking out over the lake.

YOROKOBI: Your highness, I simply don't understand all this. My superiors gave me explicit orders, and a description of what happened here. Yet nothing I've seen matches it.

YOSHO: Sometimes unseen forces can cloud the judgment of those who lead us.

YOROKOBI: Perhaps, but it doesn't change what I have to do. I have my orders.

YOSHO: I still sense your turmoil. All through history there have been those who thought they were doing wrong and it turned out to be right, and those who have believed they were doing right and were in fact doing wrong. Maybe you should take sometime and consider your position here. Take a walk on the paths here at the shrine, and contemplate your next action.

YOROKOBI: Aren't you worried that I'll simply run off and turn you in?

YOSHO: No, WASHU has disabled your ship. And, I do not want you to feel as if we are holding you prisoner.

YOROKOBI: Aren't you?

YOROKOBI steps off the porch and heads toward the woods and the shrine steps. As he moves away, we see RYOKO teleport in next to YOSHO.

RYOKO: Are you sure that's such a good idea? Those Spec Ops are like bulldogs. He's not going to give up so easily.

YOSHO: Perhaps, but he is also not our prisoner.

RYOKO: [Staring after YOROKOBI] Hmmm.

SCENE: MASAKI LIVING ROOM

TENCHI is piecing the house back together, and AEKA and MIHOSHI clean up the living room area.

TENCHI: I sure hope SASAMI is going to be ok...

AEKA: It's my fault. She's over worked. I should have never allowed her, as y younger sister, to take on such a large amount of responsibility.

MIHOSHI: Don't be so hard on yourself. We all could have pitched in, and besides she seems to really enjoy the work she was doing. It's not like we forced her.

AEKA: [Thoughtful] Hmmm.

YOSHO comes walking in. He has a pen like object in his hands. He hands to MIHOSHI.

YOSHO: MIHOSHI, please try to see what you can find out about YOROKOBI from the police files.

MIHOSHI immediately drops the broom she was using which falls and catches a stooped Aeka on the back of the head.

MIHOSHI: Right away! [ She salutes and hurries off. ]

SCENE: WOODS NEAR FUNAHO (TREE)

We see YOROKOBI walking, and RYOKO popping in and out surveying what he's up to.

YOROKOBI: [To no one in particular] YOSHO was right, this is a peaceful place. [He spots FUNAHO through some other trees] Eh?

He steps into the clearing.

YOROKOBI: That's a Jurai royal tree! What's it doing here?

He steps up to it and reaches out to touch the trunk, as if he cannot believe that it's real. When he does, the tree gives off a yellow glow and YOROKOBI vanishes. Ryoko, who was flying above, suddenly darts down and looks all around trying to figure out what happened to him.

SCENE: A DARK VOID

YOROKOBI is in a spotlight in the middle of the void. He looks around confused. We hear TSUNAMI's voice, but it sounds tired, and haggard.

TSUNAMI: [Voice only] YOROKOBI Assaiki.

YOROKOBI: Who's there? Who is that? Where am I?

TSUNAMI: [Voice only] Galaxy Police Lieutenant YOROKOBI Assaiki. Currently assigned as Special Operations Officer to Sectors 29, 22, and the protected territories.

YOROKOBI looks a little disgusted that his questions have gone unanswered.

YOROKOBI: And?

Noticeable pause.

TSUNAMI: [Voice only] Traitor.

YOROKOBI: WHAT??! Who are you to call me traitor!

TSUNAMI: [Voice only] You have come to place those who I hold dear in chains. Those who are innocent into bondage.

YOROKOBI: Their innocence in not my concern, I am simply following orders.

TSUNAMI: [Voice only] How many atrocities have been made by those who claim to only be "following orders"?

YOROKOBI: [He seems to think a minute] You still have not explained why you call me traitor.

TSUNAMI: [Voice only] You are a traitor to me, to the right, and to her.

YOROKOBI: [Blanches a bit at the word 'her'] What do you know? How do you know how she feels.

TSUNAMI: [Voice only] I don't, but you do....

At this point a female figure can be made out moving toward YOROKOBI. As she becomes visible, it is KIYONE.

KIYONE: [Sad] What's happened to you Yoro? [She comes close and stands before him]

YOROKOBI: HOW ARE YOU DOING THIS!!! [He is obviously VERY upset]

TSUNAMI: I'm not, you are.

KIYONE: [She reaches out and touches YOROKOBI's face] Yoro? What's happened to that idealistic man I once knew? I was always the one concerned with keeping the brass happy. Concerned about how it would affect my career. You were always saying [does an impression of sorts] We need to do what's right, not what's ordered.

YOROKOBI: [Holds her hand against his cheek] I know, but it's different now. Things have changed.

KIYONE: Oh? How is it that what is right has changed in the past 5 years since I... [her voice trails off]

YOROKOBI: ...Died... [he chokes on it] My career is all I have now.

KIYONE: No.... You'll always have what you are. No one can take your integrity, except you. [She starts moving back into the shadows] You must listen to your heart [pause] before all is lost.

YOROKOBI: KIYONE......

She's gone. YOROKOBI turns back angrily toward where TSUNAMI's voice had been coming from.

YOROKOBI: Who ARE you! [Short pause] Why are you doing this to me?! [Short pause] ANSWER ME NOW!

TSUNAMI: [Appears behind him, we can see her, she is withered and old looking.] I am TSUNAMI. And all I have done is allow you to see what you already knew in your heart of hearts. KIYONE is gone and now is beyond even my reach, but those were the words that you know she would say if she were here. I have shown you what you had buried deep within you. The rest, is up to you.

There is a flash of light, and YOROKOBI find himself seated with his back against a stone at the edge of the pool that FUNAHO is rooted in.

SCENE: CLEARING BESIDE FUNAHO (Tree)

As YOROKOBI awakes, TENCHI, AEKA, and Ryoko come rushing forward from the woods, lead by Ryoko. They are all shocked to see YOROKOBI, and then turn to study Ryoko.

RYOKO: I'm telling you he vanished into thin air. [To YOROKOBI] Can you teleport??

YOROKOBI: No... I was.... I don't know where I was.

AEKA: [Takes a long hard look at FUNAHO(tree)] Well, your back now. [Breaks her staring at the tree] Maybe we should all go back to the house.

TENCHI: Yeah, lets all go back.

YOROKOBI rises and they all head into the woods.

SCENE: ARIAL ANGLE ABOVE MASAKI HOME

We see MIHOSHI making her way toward the house from the lake shore.

SCENE: MASAKI LIVING ROOM

MIHOSHI is reporting to YOSHO. She's in her uniform.

MIHOSHI: Name: YOROKOBI Assaiki, Rank: Lieutenant, Division: Special Operations, Post: Sector 29, 22, and PT. That's the Protected Territories....

YOSHO: Yes...

TENCHI and AEKA and YOROKOBI enter the house.

MIHOSHI: Current Assignment: Classified Assignment source, Juraian High Council.

YOSHO: Ah... I knew my father would no give up so easily.

YOROKOBI: You realize that the central system will pickup your inquiry and notify command. They will assume I failed and come looking for you and me.

MIHOSHI: No they won't I rerouted the inquiry by accessing the Comm Link Multiplexer in unit 47. And I used a worm, so all the checks will look like they came from the division of Promotion and Assignment.

Everyone just stares at MIHOSHI.

TENCHI speaks first.

TENCHI: Wow, MIHOSHI you really know your stuff!

MIHOSHI: Thanks.

YOROKOBI: So much for that.

RYOKO: Sorry to disappoint you.

YOROKOBI: Actually, you didn't. [Stands up formally] Prince YOSHO, I have considered your words at length. And after some deliberation, I have come to a conclusion. I decided to join you.

AEKA: ... Join us?

YOROKOBI: [Removes the ID/Badge plate on his chest and throws it down] I renounce my enlistment in the Galaxy Police.

RYOKO: WHAT!?! Cops don't do that!

YOROKOBI: They do if they refuse to be a pawn of the Juraian high council.

YOSHO: Um hmm. Well then, suppose you tell us what this all about then?

SCENE: WASHU'S LAB

RYO-OKI paces around SASAMI's bed. As WASHU checks and rechecks her data.

WASHU: [Worried] This is not good RYO-OKI, this is not good at all. We've got to tell the others!

RYO-OKI: [Worried] Mya!... [determined] Mya!!

CLOSING CREDITS....