Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Children's Crusade ❯ Old Friends and Enemies, Pt2 ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]


TENCHI Muyo - OAV Extension

Children's Crusade

By: Ted Thompson

Part 4

Episode 17: Old Friends and Enemies, Part II

SCENE: Carrot Fields

Tenchi is getting started, tending the field as we have seen him do before.

Tenchi: [Stretches and looks pleased] Ahh! Now this is perfect. I never thought I'd enjoy working in the fields, but at least there's no one to bother me.....

Yorokobi: Don't bet on it.

Camera does a panning shot from feet to face of Yorokobi. He is wearing a sort of overalls and chewing on a stalk of some sort. It looks like wheat or some other tall grass. He looks like a goof. The shot then goes back to Tenchi, looking like he'd just seen the weirdest thing in his life.

Tenchi: Uh.... why are you chewing on that?

Yorokobi: [Spits it out, seeing Tenchi's reaction] I dunno, something I saw on a video transmission when I was on my way here.

We now jump ahead. It's obvious that Tenchi and Yorokobi have been working for awhile now. Both are doing some grunting and seem to be sweating from the labor. Yorokobi then stops and leans on his rake handle.

Yorokobi: I had no idea this was so hard. [he takes out a towl and wipes his forehead] I said I wanted to earn my keep but.....

Tenchi: [Stops in mid stroke] Said it to who?

Yorokobi: Yosho. He said not only could I earn my keep, but that you might want to talk. Something about Ryoko....

Tenchi: [Grits his teeth, then relaxs them] Not really. [He resumes his work]

Yorokobi: Hmm, just as well, most of what I know about her is from police reports [he chuckles] That and she's got a thing for you...

Tenchi: [wryly, somewhat to himself] Who doesn't around here?

Yorokobi: Oh, I know they all try to get your eye in there own way, but Ryoko is the one that has it in her eyes. Ayeka does too, but it's different more like....

Tenchi: [upset] Look I don't want to talk about this ok?

Yorokobi: Now why would the attention of all those girls annoy you so much? [slyly] Oh... I know... You have your favorite, but you care about them all and don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. Am I Right?

Tenchi just continues to rake, giving only a sideways glance at Yorokobi.

Yorokobi: [Smiles] Your a good man Tenchi. But you really annoy the hell out of me.

Tenchi: [Stops and faces Yorokobi] I said I don't... annoy you? How?

Yorokobi: Because you remind me of a mistake I made once. A big mistake. You see, I once had my own favorite. We had a relationship of sorts, but I was hesatant to really express how I felt. You rememeber that woman I mentioned, Kiyone? The one that Tsunami showed me? [Tenchi nods] We had what you might call a "casual" relationship. Nothing concrete. Even tho' in my heart I wanted it to be. But I never had the nerve to tell her. Then one day, we were both assigned to the same task force. We were sent to capture and clean out a terrorist weapons cache. [Yorokobi looks distant and at the ground] When we got there, the terrorists were gone, but not all of their weapons.....

SCENE: Flash back to an abandoned asteroid mining base

We now cut to a scene of the darkened insides of an asteroid base, metal and rock corridors. We seen battle suits and we can see that one has Kiyone in it, and another Yorokobi.

Kiyone: I don't get it, intel said there were over 20,000 pieces of hardware stockpiled here.

Another battle suit steps up, manned by a Lionel, he salutes.

Lionel: Lieutenant, sir. We've been over the whole cargo area, there's nothing there but a few small crates. Whatever was here, it's long gone.

Yorokobi: Alright. Return to the drop ship, Detective Kiyone and I will secure the crates and be aboard in 15.

Lionel: [Salutes again] Yes sir.

Yorokobi: [to Kiyone] Come on.

SCENE: Flashback to Cargo bay of Asteroid

High ceilings and large open area, like a school gymnasium. 3 Crates lie in the forground.

Kiyone: I don't know how they moved all those weapons without us detecting the activity....

Yorokobi: Neither do I, but let's see what they left behind.

[He pops the lid on one crate, and sees a bomb, whose timer is at 32 seconds and counting]

Yorokobi: Oh crap.... KIYONE! WE'VE GOT TO GET OUT!

Together they start running.

SCENE: Carrot Fields

Back to the present, Tenchi listens to Yorokobi's story.

Yorokobi: To escape in time, we had to use a purging shaft to leave the base. It was almost too small for Exo-armor so we had to go one at a time. She insisted I go first. She must have gotten stuck or tried to block the shaft. I made it out just as the explosion went off. She was incinerated. And it was my fault.

Tenchi: That's AWFUL! But... what does it have to do with my situation?

Yorokobi: My point is, I never really told her. I never did what I thought I had all the time in the world to wait to do. You never know when your oppertunity will be lost. Who ever your favorite is... You ought to tell her.

Tenchi looks thoughtful for a moment, and then Ryo-ohki comes bounding up excitedly. Tenchi looks toward the setting sun on the horizon.

Tenchi: Guess it's time for dinner.

Yorokobi pauses for a moment feeling the pain of his own story, then gathers his tools and follows the others.

SCENE: Masaki Kitchen

We see that Sasami is sitting down, as she directs Mihoshi and Ayeka in the final preperation of the meal. They both look a little haggared from the work.

SCENE: Masaki living room, around the dining table

All are present, Washu, Yosho, Ryoko (whom we see stealing a hopeful glace at Tenchi), Tenchi, and Yorokobi the later two changed and cleaned up after their work.

Yorokobi: Well, if anyone is curious, it wasn't easy but, I managed to find Washu's sabotage and repair it this morning....

Washu: Wasn't easy! [looks a bit miffed] It should have been impossible!

Yorokobi: [spreads his hands in a 'sorry' sort of gesture] Well, I did, and I also brought my ship down to the lake. It's now sitting on the opposite end well away from any curious eyes.

Sasami comes fromt the kitchen as Yorokobi finishes.

Sasami: Oh, that's what the sound was! I looked around, but I didn't see where it came from....

Mihoshi: Hope everyone is hungry! [Mihoshi comes out first with a tray of food followed by Ayeka]

Ayeka: Yes, I, I mean we, worked especially hard to prepare it!

Everyone just sort of stops and glances around, and we get a reverse shot seeing the back of Ayeka's head with a sweat drop on it.

Sasami: Don't worry guys, I instrcuted them every step of the way! [She smiles with closed eyes, and everyone seems visibly relieved]

There are round of apprecitive comments of the spread as the camera pans across a well stocked table of foods. Everyone digs in and we get a good shot for once of Yorokobi struggling with chop sticks. After several drops he (and we) realize that many eyes are upon him.

Yorokobi: What!? [where upon a piece of meat he had in his chop sticks falls back onto his plate]

Scene then cuts to a shot of Yosho at the end of the meal.

Yosho: Well, you three ladies prepared a wonderful meal.

Mihoshi: I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Tenchi: Sure did, it was great!

Ayeka: [Shyly] Thank you....

SCENE: Masaki porch

It's late evening and sun's last light is fading. We now see that Yosho, Yorokobi and Tenchi have moved outside on the porch. Meanwhile Mihoshi and Ayeka are cleaning the table in the background. Yosho looks out over the lake as Tenchi wathces Yorokobi fiddling with some small objects on the deck.

Tenchi: What is that?

Yorokobi: My pulse pistol.... you have to clean them regularly.

Tenchi: Oh.... Looks complicated.

Yorokobi: [putting down a cloth and systematcally snaping the pieces together] Not really.... Once you've.... done it a.... few... times.... [he holds the completed weapon] It becomes second nature.

He then holds it at arms length, squints one eye, and pulls the trigger where upon something that looks like a sparkler pops out of the end and right into the water. We see a sweatdrop on Yorokobi as Tenchi rolls his eyes and waks over beside Yosho.

Yosho: A beautiful evening.

Tenchi: [as if lost in thought] Hmmm? Oh, yeah it is. [pauses] Grandpa, I'm sorry I got so upset earlier....

Yosho: She holds a place in your heart, eh?

Tenchi: [Red cheeks] uh, no, not any more then the rest of them. I mean, well.... every time I start to think she's ok, something comes up and I feel like an idiot for ever thinking that.

In the background Yorokobi gets up and walks away to the house staring at his pistol.

Yosho: So the one you were angry with was yourself. [At this point we see Yorokobi approach Ayeka and take the dishes she was holding away, seeming to be relieving her of the work. Ayeka bows and makes her way slowly toward the glass doors and Tenchi and Yosho.] She has much learning and growing up to do, but if you look closely you can see she's not all bad.

Tenchi: Ryoko? No she's not all bad. I saw that in Zero. In fact lately she's be acting more like Zero then like herself...

Washu: Glad you noticed

Yosho even jumps at the suddeness of Washu's comments, she had been sitting on the roof's edge above them and now jumps down. With her tyical spritly snap she spins to face Tenchi and holds up one finger as if making a declaration.

Washu: That was my doing you know! I encouraged her to go with her feelings and try to keep the peace with Ayeka to please you. [She spins around with her back to Tenchi] She's hopeless you know. Hopelessly stuck on you!

Tenchi: [Embarassed] Oh, on me? I don't know why, I didn't encourage it!

Washu: [sighs a bit] She's not the only one... [She head to the doorway and passes Ayeka coming out] Nice nite, huh princess?

Without wating for an answer, Washu goes inside, as Ayeka comes out. She gives a "huh?" as she looks after Washu.

Tenchi: Miss Ayeka?

Ayeka: Oh, Tenchi, I was just thinking... It's such a pleasent night, I was wondering if you might have time to take that walk you promised....

SCENE: Masaki Kitchen

Yorokobi brings in the dishes and sets them down, then sits at the kitchen's preperation table and puzzles over his pistol. Mihoshi turns from the sink to get the new dishes and sees Yorokobi pondering the weapon.

Mihoshi: What's wrong?

Yorokobi: Hmm... Oh, this damn pistol. It was fine before I cleaned it, now it won't fire. It just spits little fireworks.

Mohoshi wipes off her hands and walks over to Yorokobi.

Mihoshi: Really? Let me see... [She takes the weapon and Yorokobi looks a little worried after a moment looking intently at this and that she pops on a bright expression] Here it is! The prefire cel is in backwards... [She points, Yorokobi looks a bit amazed]

Yorokobi: I'll be....

Mihoshi: There ya go, all fixed!

SCENE: Masaki livingroom

Yosho has come inside, and we see him and Washu standing behind an enraged Ryoko who is watching Tenchi and Ayeka go off on their walk.

Ryoko: [makes a series of 'grrr" sounds as she clenches her fists and teeth] That... little.... [she spits out]

Washu: Now Ryoko remember wh....

Ryoko: [turns on Washu] Like you know!!? Look! [She points out the window] That's how well your plan is working!

[Yorokobi steps out of the kitchen area in the background]

Ryoko: Damn it! [she floats up and then vanishes]

Everyone now snaps their attention to the window, expecting to see Ryoko appear by Ayeka and Tenchi. They wait, and wait. We then get a shot past their backs and see Yorokobi pop back into the kitchen.

SCENE: The woods near the royal tree Funaho

Ayeka sits on a low rock with Tenchi standing beside her. She gazes across the small pond toward the Royal Tree.

Ayeka: [sighs] Your planet is beautiful, but I miss Jurai.

Tenchi: If trees like this one grow there, it must be a beautiful place too.

Ayeka: Yes, and there our buildings and cities are more in harmony with the world around them. Even today they are crafted of stone and grown woods. Perhapes you'll see for yourself one day...

Tenchi: [with a degree of nervousness] Yeah, maybe I will. [he pauses] Ayeka...

Ayeak: hmmm?

Tenchi: There is something I don't understand, and grandpa hasn't elaborated.

Ayeka: What's that?

Tenchi: What is it that Yorokobi told grandpa that has him so concerned?

Ayeka: Oh [sounds a little disappointed] Well, Yosho did explain some of it to me. But you'd have to know a bit about Jurai's history to understand it all.

Tenchi: [sits down on the ground beside her] Ok, tell me.

Ayeka: Well. Before my father became king, when my grandfather ruled Jurai and even the galaxy were very different. Back in those days, royal trees gre in every province on Jurai. And the people, who deeply loved Tsunami, would worship at them. THis made my grandfather, who was a rather vain man, very jelous, so he had every tree brought to the royal compound in the capitol for their "protection". He hoped that the people would turn their attention to him, rather then Tsunami. That just gives you an idea of what kind of man he was. Now at that time, Jurai ruled only it's self, and was a memeber of a larger group of worlds known as the Galactic Confederation. That group was made up of most of the civilized worlds known at the time, and acted much as that "United Nations" here on Earth. Well one day they made a joint decision to expand some territories right into the region around the home system of the Dikatsu, who had no representative in the GC. At first there were only a few encounters with them, but they were always marked by terrible violence. Then for a long time, nothing happened. We all later learned they were quitely preparing, because they attacked without warning and slaughtered millions of troops who tried to stop them. With many systems in the Dikatsu's control, the remaining free systems begged Jurai for the help of it's legindary Space Trees. My grandfather agreed, on one condition, that those systems plege to be subjects of the Jurai kingdom. Frantic for some defense, they agreed, and the Jurai Empire was born.

Tenchi: Wow.... Wasn't that kind of underhanded? [he gingerly offeres] taking advantage of those other planets like that?

Ayeka: [shamefully] Yes it was. Tsunami forgive us, it was very wrong, but my grandfather was very ambitious and driven, and it seems that his son is also....

Tenchi: What do you mean?

Ayeka: Officer Yorokobi is one of several members of the Galaxy Police and the Jurai Information Beauru who are secretly investigating suspected connections between the Jurai government and the Dikatsu. [She bows her head] They have strong evidence that someone, perhapes even my father, is working with Galaxy Police command and the Dikatsu to orchestrate a new conflict.

Tenchi: But... but WHY!?

Ayeka: In the past 100 years, over 30% of the systems formerly of the Jurai Empire have declared independance..... The Empire is coming apart, and I think my father may very well be planning all this to bring it back together again.

We leave this scene treated to a view of Ayeka slumping from the shame and weight of it all, and Tenchi's searching eyes looking as concerned for Ayeka as they do about the story he's just heard.

SCENE: Masaki Kitchen

Yorokobi whistles some incoherent tune as he passes Mihoshi doing the dishes, she stops to take notice of him grabbing a traditional Saki container on his way through. She utters a "hmmm" as he does so and heads out the back door.

SCENE: Back of the Masaki Home and roof top

Yorokobi kicks a crate over to the edge of the porch so that he can climb on top of it and get a grip on the edge of the roof. We see various scenes of him grunting and groaning having more difficutly then a Galaxy Police officer should making the assent.

Yorokobi: [getting to the next to the top level of the multi level roof] Ugggh, well, I guess all that time riding a desk has taken it's toll. [he wipes his forehead, jug in hand, and makes the last climb to the roof top]

The shot now changes, and we see things from his perspective. The edge of the roof drops away and as it does reveals the silloette of Ryoko sitting on the peak of the roof. She's sitting with her knees drawn up and her arms folder in front of her and her forehead resting on her arms. We hear sounds like she might be crying. We then see a shot of Yorokobi's face, he is wide eyed, and then slightly frowns at the sight before hefting himself up onto the roof.

Yorokobi: I thought you might be up here.

Ryoko: [snaps her head up and then turns away while saying] I didn't come up here to hang out with you, go away!

Yorokobi: I brought a little something to make you feel a little better [he offers swinging the jug]

Ryoko: Oh right. Sure. I'm supposed to sit up here, drinking Saki, and telling you all my problems like your my big brother or something. Feh!

Yorokobi: Well, distand cousin actually but, whatever....

Ryoko: Which part of 'go away' don't you understand?

Yorokobi: Ok, if you don't want it... [he draws an arm back as if to hurl it into the lake... when he goes to follow though he only yanks himself off his feet and we pan from his surprised face up his arm to the Saki jug, which Ryoko has easily held in place.]

After a moment she yanks it away.

Ryoko: Thanks for the pick me up. Now take a hike flatfoot, before I just decide to blast a hole through you.

Yorokobi: [looking a bit miffed] You know, you don't fool me for a second. [Ryoko glances his way] You're not the only one with a battle lust. You and Yosho are much alike. Both brought up in relative isolation. Both angry about the way you were represseed and shoved aside for duty. It's just that you decide to vent your demons, like when you fight and taunt Ayeka, and he tries to contain his as a Shinto priest. I ... became a cop, becasue I think you shoudn't fight who you are.... just choose to do the right thing with it.

Ryoko stares straight ahead saying nothing, but we do see her eyes waver as if she's thinking about what he said. We also see Yorokobi, standing next to her and watching for a reaction, when his eyes cut aside and narrow as he looks past Ryoko at the tree line below]

Ryoko: [Looks at Yorokobi for stopping mid sentence] Hmmm [Then looks over in the direction he's looking in] wha..?

Yorokobi then whips out a pistol from behind his back and jumps over Ryoko, as he does he speaks into the comunicator watch on his wrist.

Yorokobi: Mihoshi! I have one contact, in the tree line; rear of the house. Get moving!

Ryoko: Hey!

Yorokobi: [Sliding to a stop at the edge of the lower roof] NO! Find Tenchi and Ayeka and get them back to the house NOW!

He then jumps over the edge of the roof and disappears, Ryoko pauses narrowing her eyes, then flys upwards and teleports away. We are left only for a moment looking at the Saki jug left sitting on the roof.

SCENE: Masaki Kitchen

Mihoshi is freaking out, saying "oh my gosh, oh my gosh...." in a typical fashion. She drops the dish she was cleaning splattering soap suds all over and runs out the door that leads from the kitchen to the front hallway.

SCENE: Front hallway of the Masaki home

Mihoshi is feverishly digging in the drawers of the cabinet by the front door. After a moment she comes out with the biggest rifle we've ever seen. Looking like something Arnold Swartzenagger should toat, she never the less takes it up witha degree of authority and heads to the living room.

SCENE: Masaki Living room

Everyone looks with a degree of shock as Mihoshi enters the room.

Yosho: Mihoshi? What's going on?

Mihoshi: [Gravely] They're here....

Ryo-Ohki: Meya's nervously...

We see Yosho's face, as a flash of light rolls across the lenses of his glasses.

SCENE: Woods

We see a large and dark figure flashing among the trees as Yorokobi moves carefully among them. He then spots his quary and fires. The shot seems ultra bright and blows off a sizable tree branch.

Yorokobi: [Amazed] That gal really knows her stuff...

He takes off after the Dikatsu.

SCENE: Woods, elsewhere...

Ryoko appears and lands next to Tenchi and Ayeka.

Ryoko: Come on you two, Yorokobi spotted something in these woods.

Ayeka: Sure he did! You just don't want.... [In mid sentence she gets grabbed by the collar and lifted up in the air, along with Tenchi who is shouting "Hey! Hey! Let me go!"]

Ryoko: [Rising in the air with a determined look on her face] No time for this princess... [She teleports]

SCENE: Woods

Yorokobi continues the chase doging trees as he goes, the Dakatsu is swift in comparison.

Shot changes to a view from a clearing back into the foliage. The Dakatsu breaks through and past the camera. Then Yorokobi follows. We then see dozens of Dikatsu checking their weapons and preparing. Some are carrying rifles that make the one that Mihoshi has look like a pellet gun, others have the same weapon slung across their backs and hold a war hammer in their hand. These hammers are composed of a medium lenght handle with a claw like end that holds a chunk of stone that looks to weigh 100 lbs or more. Everyone stops and stares.

Yorokobi: uhhh, not good, not good, NOT GOOD! [he turns tail and runs for the trees again]

The Dikatsu in almost perfect unity make a roaring/hissing noise as they charge off after him.

Yorokobi: [Shouting into his watch as he doges through the tress while being fired upon] Mihoshi! You've got 1 minute, get them inside!! [He then presses a button and the watch starts to flash and beep]

SCENE: Masaki Livingroom

Mihoshi: [Looking at her GP watch] oooohhh. Ryoko, Tenchi, and Ayeka aren't here yet.... [She fidgets for a second or two] No time.... Ok guys, you all need to move into Washu's lab now. All except you Washu.

Washu: Why?

Mihoshi: Well, you can make a dimensional portal where ever you want right?

Washu: Yes... [ just then Ryoko appears with the protesting Ayeka and Tenchi]

Yosho: [Yosho turns toward Sasami] Then if we enter, and you destroy this portal, then we will be in your subspace lab and those monsters won't be able to capture us.... Ayeka, come along [Yosho heads to the door]

Washu: That's brilliant! Was that your idea? [to Mihoshi]

Mihoshi: Umm, yea.... Ryoko, Tenchi, you guys need to go inside too...

Ryoko: Forget it! I'm not hiding from these creeps!

Tenchi: [Mihoshi looks to Tenchi] Guess I better stick around too...

Ayeka looks back from the doorway. When she does, Yosho's voice calls "Come along Ayeka, Tenchi can look after himself...."

Mihoshi: Ohhh.... This wasn't part of the plan.....

We the get a view of the round topped door of Washu's lab closing as Washu wave's.

Washu: See ya! [After a moment, Washu casually gestures to the doorway and it sucks in on it's self into the center, then flashes and looks like a normal door again.] Done!

Tenchi: Now what?

Ryoko: [Now in her battle dress] Now we go kick their scaly butts!

Yorokobi comes barging in from the kitchen and stops short.

Yorokobi: Mihoshi! Why are they still here?

Mihoshi is about to answer when Yorokobi's watch's beeps become a steady tone.

Yorokobi: GET DOWN!!

There is a cut to the outside of the house, and a huge explosion of flame and water erupts from one end of the lake. We then cut to a scene of our heros crouched down with the blast wave rushing past them. Tenchi is the first to stand.

Mihoshi: [into her wrist radio] What!?

Azaka: [over Michoshi's radio] We are under attack, but we can't return fire because we are shielding Noboyuki.

Kamidaki: [Over Mihoshi's radio] We need some assistance, they're fire power is considerable.

Tenchi: Dad!? [He dashes off toward the front door]

Ryoko: Tenchi!! [She dashes off behind him]

Yorokobi: So much for the diversion..... [He grabs the rifle from Mihoshi] Get aboard with Ryo-Ohki and Washu, then come around and have Yukinojo bring us aboard.

Mihoshi Salutes and fishes her GP cube out of her mussed hair.

Washu: Now wait a min..... [She, Ryo-ohki, and Mihoshi vanish]

SCENE: Masaki Garden

Near the gate where the gaurdians usually stand Azaka and Kamidake have come side by side with Noboyuki between them. He is protected by a force field and lazer bolts bounce of it and the gaurdians. The gaurdians are taking their lumps, while there is no serious damage, each shot they take sends a cluster of splinters flying. Nobouki cowers on the ground, yelling and howling. After a moment Tenchi comes running up, ducking behind Azaka.

Azaka: Lord Tenchi! Is the Princess safe?

Tenchi: Yes, she's gone with Sasami and Yosho into Washu's lab.

Azaka: Very good, I scan 19 life forms firing on us from the trees, your father is safe but we are taking a beating.

Ryoko arrives and takes up a position behind Kamadake.

Ryoko: Come on you spliter brains, we've got to get out of here.

Kamadake: We can't move AND protect Noboyuki!

Tenchi: Dad, what are you doing home in the middle of the week!?

Noboyuki: I finished my project and wanted to surprise you! [He ducks and covers again as another blast bounces off the forcefield] Yeeeaaaahh!

Tenchi: [Jumping up and running toward the treeline] Stop Iiiiiitttt! [He draws out Tenchiken]

Ryoko: TENCHI!!!

We switch to another angle of Tenchi charging and he gets side swiped by a figure in blue, Yorokobi. They both hit the ground.

Yorokobi: [Rolls over and starts cover fire] You go up in there and they'll rip you apart... literally. Ryoko! Give us some aerial cover!

Ryoko: I'm on it.

Ryoko vaults upwards and starts a rapid fire blasting of the treeline, you an see in her face that she's enjoying it.

Yorokobi: Get back to your dad, when Mihoshi comes around get him on board.

We see Tenchi come scrambling back to Azaka and Kamadake as Mihoshi's shuttle comes roaring up.

SCENE: Mihoshi's Shuttle's cockpit.

Mihoshi sits at the controls, with Washu standing behind her. Yukinojo is down and facing Mihoshi.

Mihoshi: Ok Yukinojo, bring us in so we can protect them as they come on board.

Yukinojo: Yes, Mihoshi....

SCENE: Back on the ground

Yorokobi is still in the distance, firing to hold back the Dikatsu. One comes out, and get blasted back, but we don't see it die. Mihoshi's shuttle is almost ontop of Noboyuki, Azaka, Kamadake, and Tenchi. A hatch opens and a ladder drops down.

Tenchi: Come on.

Noboyuki: Are you crazy!

At that moment there is a bring blue flash and both Azaka and Kamadake fall over together. They are both charred and steaming.

Noboyuki: [Now no longer in a proctective field] Ok! Ok! Ok!

Moboyuki dashes for the ladder, arms and legs pumping furiously, Tenchi is right behind him. As he reaches the ladder Tenchi turns back as Ryoko lands.

Ryoko: What do we do about them? [Brief shot of Azaka and Kamadake lying on the ground]

Tenchi: We'll never move them unconcious like that....

Ryoko: Ryo-Ohki could teleport them aboard. [We now here Ryoko's thoughts] Ryo-Ohki come to me....

SCENE: Inside Mihoshi's shuttle

Ryo-ohki stiffens and Meyas loudly then bounds for the hatch. While Washu looks on in astonishment.

Washu: [Her thoughts to Ryoko] What's going on?

Ryoko: [Her thoughts] Ryo-ohki can take the gaurdians aboard her, so we'll be taking her.

SCENE: Lake surface

We see the waters start to bubble and boil...

SCENE: Mid field, where Yorokobi has been basting away.

Yorokobi's weapon stops firing, he looks at it and see's a flashing red light on top, it's empty. He instinctivly ducks as he hears more blaster fire. Then realizes it's not directed at him. He looks back and sees an army of little Ryo-Ohki ships swarming from the lake and heading over him into the trees firing away.

Shot changes to an angle of Dikatsu not being really hurt, but really annoyed at all the little targets. They shot and swat at them. As each one is hit and turns back into a crystal and falls to the ground.

Yorokobi: Now's my chance...

He starts to make his way back, and as soon as he moves three figures burst out of the brush. Yorokobi starts running and firing behind with apropriate telling as he does. The left Dikatsu gets hit in the forhead, brains get splattered, and they drop over dead. The lead Dikatsu, warhammer in hand, throws the weapon, is tumbles through the air, and hits Yorokobi's right knee. With a sickening snap, we see it bend in a direction it was never meant too. Yorokobi almost shreiks and goes down.

Shot changes back to the shuttle exterior. Ryo-ohki comes bounding out and passes Tenchi, who at that very moment sees Yorokobi go down.

Tenchi: Oh no!

At the same moment Tenchi starts to rush forward, the lead Dikatsu reaches Yorokobi. Yorokobi pulls out the pistol Mihohsi has worked on earlier as the Dikatsu grabs him by the head and starts to pick him up. As soon as he's high enough he puts the gun against the top of monsters head and fires. That Dikatsu goes down too. The third on takes no chances, swinging it's massive clawed hand it knocks the pistol out of Yorokobi's hand like a Major League batter. He then quickly picks Yorokobi back up by the head.

We see a close up of Yorokobi's chest with a gun barrel to it. It fires and blasts a huge hole in his chest. As the Dikatsu drops the now dead body of Yorokobi it drops from the shot and we see Tenchi about half way between the camera and a just finished transforming Ryo-ohki. Tenchi's face is one of shock. Ryoko then drops into view shouting "BASTARD!" as she slams her light sword into the creatures head, killing it. She grabs Yorokobi's body, and teleports to Tenchi.

Tenchi is still shocky, holding his sword. Ryoko appears next to him, "come on" she touches him and teleports again.

SCENE: Ryo-Ohki's bridge

Ryoko and Tenchi appear, Ryoko drops Yorokobi's body and moves to the controls. After a moment, the gaurdians appear behind Tenchi.

Ryoko: Let's get the hell out of here.

Ryo-Ohki: Myas bitterly.

Ryoko: Be my guest.

SCENE: Looking back over an ascending Ryo-Ohki and Shuttle

A large blast comes from Ryo-Ohki cratering the ground where they just left. We then see the two ships pass camera and head into space.

We hear a telepathic exchage between Washu and Ryoko, when each person speaks, we see their ship traveling though space.

Washu: Is he....?

Ryoko: Yes, I couldn't get there in time.

Washu: It's not your fault. [pauses] We need to take seperate routes to be safe, you know where to meet?

Ryoko: Yes... [adds] mother.

Washu: Be safe, Ryoko.

CLOSING CREDITS....