Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Children's Crusade ❯ Old Friends and Enemies, Pt3 ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]


TENCHI Muyo - OAV Extension

Children's Crusade

By: Ted Thompson

Part 5

Episode 18: Old Friends and Enemies Pt III


SCENE: TOTAL DARKNESS

Authors Note: The following scenes need to be considered carefully. Especially with regards to Yorokobi. This first scene features a point at which he is watching himself, then his appearance changes as he seems to go back in time. This is supposed to be confusing to the viewer. It is supposed to make the viewer uncertain of whether or not he is seeing reality or fantasy.

We see a black background, then a flash of light with the sound of clashing weapons. As we pull back we see two figures locked in combat. The scene turns and pans in front of the viewer then we come in closer and see the silhouettes become lit. It is then revealed that the smaller of the two is Yorokobi, and the larger a Dikatsu. As they spar, it seems that Yorokobi is holding his own, but we also see the Dikatsu and his expression is one of a cat toying with a mouse. In the end, Yorokobi lunges forward to slash downward on his opponent teeth set, with a driven expression on his face. The Dikatsu blocks easily and Yorokobi's expression becomes one of total surprise as the Dikatsu impales him on her long boney claws.

As the blow is delivered the flashes in bright colors and we see Yorokobi slide off her claws and then change to a worms eye view as his body falls to the ground right in front of the camera. We pan back and up so we can see past him and we see the background has changed from total black to the interior of an abandoned asteroid mining complex (we use the same backgrounds here as in Yorokobi's flash back in the former episode)

SCENE: ASTEROID BASE

Our shot is one past a silhouetted Yorokobi, lying on the floor wounded. In the distance, we see another younger Yorokobi (Past Yorokobi) and Kiyone both in battle suits. Yorokobi is opening one of a few small crates on the ground.

Past Yorokobi: Oh crap.... KIYONE! WE'VE GOT TO GET OUT!

Together they start running. We see them cross the hanger as they pass a large vent cover, Kiyone stops and shouts.

Kiyone: YORO!

Past Yorokobi: [Skidding to a stop] What!?!

Kiyone: This will lead directly to the asteroids surface. Hurry, it's the only way we can make it out!

Past Yorokobi sprints back and Kiyone rips the cover off and waves him ahead. He ducks into the shaft with out hesitation. When Kiyone moves to follow her suit gets wedged in the opening. We see her struggle to get free right up until the screen becomes a field of blinding white light.

SCENE: PATIENTS ROOM, SICK BAY OF THE SHOUNGA

The white of the former scene dissolves into the bright lights of a hospital room's ceiling. We then cut to a shot of Yorokobi's face, in closeup. (This is the "real" Yorokobi again, in a new location) The shot then pulls back as he blinks and puts his arm over his eyes. He has no beard only a mustache and longer spiky hair. He looks to the side, and sees the back of a short nurse with long bright red hair.

Yorokobi: Washu?

Nurse: Gazuntite. And welcome back to the land of the living.

Yorokobi: [flatly] Very funny. Where are we?

Nurse: You are aboard the Shounga. We picked up your combat suit's distress beacon and came to rescue you. Your team is all alive and well, and you are the last one to recover as you had the worst injuries.

Yorokobi: [Now dazed] Ev...everyone?

Nurse: Yep. Let me get the doctor now, he wanted to know the moment you regained consciousness.

The nurse leaves and Yorokobi lies back down and looks up at the ceiling.

Yorokobi: [Thoughts echoing] This is all wrong.... even if this is somehow right after the mission, the Shounga won't even be built for another 5 years.... [he closes his eyes] And what's with the Washu?

Camera dollies in to a tight shot of Yorokobi's closed eyes.

SCENE: BRIDGE OF RYO-OHKI

Camera dollies out and we see a dark purple crystal slab under Yorokobi. The shot changes and we can see Tenchi kneeling with his hands together in a typical Shinto pose. We then change to a reverse angle over Tenchi's shoulder and see Ryoko's back, she is dressed in normal clothing and standing at Ryo-Ohki's controls. After a moment we switch to a tight shot and Ryoko looks over her shoulder, then back to the long shot and she turns, teleports the 20 or so feet, and reappears at Tenchi's side. Ryoko squats and looks at Tenchi with a puzzled expression.

Ryoko: What are you doing?

Tenchi: [Opens one eyes and looks aside at her] Praying.

Ryoko: [Pauses] Why?

Tenchi: It's supposed to help, shhh now.

Ryoko glances at the body, and back to Tenchi, then back the body again.

Ryoko: [Seeming really concerned] Tenchi..... he's dead.

Tenchi sighs rolling his eyes and claps his hands twice, completing the prayer.

Tenchi: [rising to his feet] Well, that's all I know to do. Not to many people have Shinto funerals anymore, I don't know it all.

Ryoko: Funeral?

Tenchi: Yes, it's an Earth custom, there are many ways it's done but it's a ceremony that you hold when someone dies. It's supposed to help a person who has died reach the other side.

Ryoko: The other side of what?

In-between them, we can see Yorokobi's body. In his chest is a huge hole almost the size of a basketball (more stuff for Cartoon Network to digitally sanitize) and it's moving a pulsating. Ryoko and Tenchi do not notice.

Tenchi: Well..... Umm.....

SCENE: OUTSIDE NEAR THE RUBBLE OF THE MASAKI HOME

The Dakatsu are regrouping, while they look mostly alike, one surveys the battlefield and conveys a look of authority. She is the Alpha, commander of the group as seen in the former episode. One Dakatsu walks straight up to her.

Alpha: Failure?

Beta: (Second Dakatsu) They did escape with the prototype, but we were successful in terminating our secondary target.

Alpha: Yorokobi Assaiki. Ah to see Shinsei's face when he hears the news, and that traitor Washu.... (She makes a low clicking sound of enjoyment) You shall make the report, our matriarch should be most pleased at the news.

Beta: It leaves only two in her line to pay for her crimes. Marshall Shinsei and she herself. (pauses) What of Kagato? He won't be happy that the prototype is not in our custody.

Alpha: Let me deal with that one. I do not fear this mysterious master he speaks of, he is only a means to an end, just as he's always been.

The Beta clicks her bony claws and bows spreading her arms as she leaves, a sort of Dakatsu salute.

SCENE: DARKENED CHAMBERS IN THE ROYAL PALACE ON JURAI

We see the floating head of D3, speaking to a shadowy figure. The figure is Kagato, his face holds a deep transverse scar, matching the slash delivered by Tenchi in EP 6.

D3: They have failed?

Kagato: As I have said, they are unreliable. It was never my intention to have them handle such a ground assault. For the capture of a Galaxy Police transport in space, they are capable enough, but now I will have to use my other plan to secure their capture.

D3: Remember, as long as this boy remains free our Lady's plans are in danger.

Kagato: You don't need to worry. I have it all under control, this only changes the method, not the results. Both he and the gems he carries shall be ours soon enough.

D3: (To someone else) Yes my lady. (back to Kagato) I am told to remind you, you failed on Jurai, you failed on Earth, this is your last chance. If you do not capture and contain Tsunami this time, then you will share Dr. Clay's fate.

Kagato: {cool and confident) Is that Tokimi's penalty or your empty threat?

D3 simply narrows his teal eyes and vanishes from view.

Suddenly the door bursts open, a young Jurian guard rushes in.

Guard: Your eminence, his highness....

Kagato: (Spins away to hide his face) NEVER BURST INTO MY CHAMBERS UNANNOUNCED!

Guard: (takes a step back) Forgiveness, but his highness demands your presence at once in the throne room. It's an emergency of some sort.

Kagato: Everything with Azuza is an emergency. (He turns back into view and now appears like a Jurian elder, long beard and craggy skin) Let's go.

SCENE: SICKBAY, ABOARD THE SHOUNGA

We see the shot of the stars passing now with the room and Yorokobi's face reflected as if looking through a window, we then focus on what looks like Ryoko with short black hair reflected in the window. Yorokobi turns but no one is there, the door immediately opens and a man who looks like Yosho dressed as a doctor steps in.

Doctor: Your looking well for a dead man. [He smiles]

Yorokobi: [Grunts and narrows his eyes] What's that supposed to mean?

Doctor: Just a little humor. If you had been out there any longer, that's what you'd be now. Your lucky we came along. [He look down at a high-tech clipboard] Well according to this, your ready to be released from sickbay, but I'd like to wait a few days before approving you for duty. You also need to report for a full psyche-evaluation today. [Yorokobi rolls his eyes] Standard procedure.... In the mean time, your partner is on her way down to show you around the ship.

Yorokobi: Thank you doctor.

The doctor nods and exits the room. Yorokobi frowns and looks over at the window again.

Yorokobi: Psyche-eval....[He "harumphs"] Maybe I need one.

SCENE: DEEP SPACE

Mihoshi's shuttle has rejoined with the larger ship that we saw early in the OAV. It now travels as one unit through space. Stars blur past as they travel. After this establishing shot, we move inside to "Mihoshi's Room", this is the room where she was watching TV and spilled hot tea on herself in Episode 4, It's still a cluttered mess.

Washu is sitting down, and periodically grunts in annoyance as the piles of clutter seem to occasionally attack her. Noboyuki seems to have given up on it, a pile of books in his lap.

Mihoshi: I really sorry about the mess, I wasn't expecting company. [muttering] I wasn't expecting half of the things that have been happening lately.

Noboyuki: That's for sure. Who were those "people" anyway, and why were they attacking?

Washu: They are known as Dikastu-jin or Dikatsu, and they are the mortal enemies of Jurai.

Noboyuki: So they were after the Royal Family then? It that why you locked them away in you lab?

Noboyuki takes a shocked expression and we change shots. We now see the whole room again and it's spotless. All the clutter is gone, and Washu is wiping her hands against each other like she just finished a job. We hear Mihoshi say "Oh, my!"

Washu: [aside] There. [Looks to Noboyuki] And, yes to both questions. At least that was Yorokobi's concern, but I think there may be more to it then that.

SCENE: THRONE ROOM

The room is huge, with a deep echo like a cathedral. The Marshall of the Galaxy Police stands in the distance, while Azuza paces back and forth, yelling.

Azuza: How could you have been so incompetent!? Those.... abominations aren't even suppose to leave their planet, and now you tell me they were detected in the PROTECTED TERRITORY 3 DAYS AGO!!

Shinsei (the Marshall): Your Highness, since your advisors insisted that all communications between stations be routed through Royal Intelligence.....

Azuza: I am NOT interested in your excuses! All of my children are there! The Royal line must not be broken!

Two large doors open and Kagato, in his vizier disguise, enters. The guard who had summoned him closes the doors behind him.

Azuza: You are dismissed Marshall. My own military shall handle this matter.

The Marshall leaves, his jaw set and barely with holding his anger. We here Kagato giving the Marshall a gloating "Good day Marshall" as they pass one another. Kagato reaches the king, just after Shinsei leaves the room.

Azuza: Why are they in the protected territories?? I thought you had an agreement with them; that this was all arranged.

Kagato: Sire, these are a barbaric people, you knew there would be some risk involved.

Azuza: And what good will it do if I am successful in reuniting the Empire only to find myself with no heir?

Azuza pauses as he approaches a console, and presses a few buttons. As he does, a star map of the galaxy appears. Many systems appear blue, a few yellow, and a large number red.

Azuza: (pointing to the red) All of these systems declaring their independence. And all these, (points to the yellow) seem poised to split away also. (he turns the map off) THIS is what I am trying to manage, and you cannot manage a few savages? I need them attacking these independents, not my son and daughters!! Only with the renewed threat of a common enemy will this empire stay united, and only with Yosho and his mixed blood will it remain intact!

Kagato: Don't worry Highness, I can assure you that your heirs are safe, and the Dakatsu assault will begin, on the eve of the festival, as you ordered.

Funaho (from a distance): Husband! A moment?

Kagato bows deeply and takes his leave. Azuza turns to face the First Queen of Jurai, and as she draws near she gives a leery glance toward the exiting, disguised, Kagato.

Funaho: Husband, is it true?

Azuza: (looks a little nervous) It may be.

Funaho: MAY be? Lady Ono told me that you had *decreed* it, that there would be no annual festival this year.

Azuza: (looking relieved) Oh... [clears his throat] Uhm, yes. You heard Misaki's Intelligence report. If those scaly fiends are planning some grand terrorist attack, then the last thing we need is a massive gathering to give them all easy targets.

Funaho: But husband, it is important to the people, a tradition that has gone unbroken for a millennia. Not even Ryoko's attack prevented it. Amid the rubble we still paid our homage to Tsunami.

Azuza: (sharply) Not this year.

He turns and ascends the steps to take his seat on the throne. As he sits, we hear another female voice burst in. Across the vast expanse comes the bustling figure of a VERY agitated Misaki.

Azuza: (muttering) Not again....

Funaho simply gives a smile at her "sisters" approach, a smile of one who knows she has a formidable ally who has just arrived.

SCENE: PATIENT'S ROOM, SICKBAY ON BOARD THE SHOUNGA

Yorokobi is now dressed in his uniform, however it's not the modified version we saw before, this is one that looks like every other male GP officer's. As he admires himself in the mirror we hear the door open.

Yorokobi: (without looking to see who entered) So, your going to give me the tour?

Ryoko: Yep. You ready?

Yorokobi gets a look of shock, and turns to see who it is. As he does we get a feet to face pan of Ryoko, in a Galaxy police uniform.

Yorokobi: What the hell are you supposed to be?

Ryoko: What!?

Yorokobi: (Steps to, and closes the door) You know what I mean, what are you doing in that uniform? Is that Mihoshi's?

Ryoko: Mostly paperwork, and why the hell would I be in a one of our commander's uniforms?

Yorokobi: (To himself) That's right, this is before Kagato's arrest, so that means Mihoshi is still her old self.

Ryoko: (looking worried) Are you OK?

Yorokobi: Yeah, I'm fi..... wait... Ok, I can accept that I've been dreaming or whatever. And that I plugged the doctor and nurse into my dream as other people, but you.... I've been looking at your wanted holos since I was a teen.

Ryoko: My wanted Holos?

Yorokobi: Yes, Ryoko.....

Ryoko: I'm not Ryoko. (She pulls out her "GP Pen" and deploys it causing a wanted poster to appear. It's like the ones we've seen before, but the person now sports short black hair, and crimson eyes.) *That's* Ryoko.

Yorokobi eyes narrow and he turns his head toward the viewport, where he had "seen" that very woman's reflection. SCENE: WASHU'S LAB

Yosho sits with his eyes closed an oasis of calm, Sasami (who I will remind the reader is looking almost Ayeka's age now) sits next to him sadly watching Ayeka who is pacing a ranting furiously.

Ayeka: I can not believe this! How long are we expected to simply sit around here while Tenchi, I mean the others, fight those insidious...M m monsters!!?

Sasami: Ayeka, try to calm down.

Ayeka: I will NOT calm down! This is intolerable!

We switch to a tight shot of Ayeka's face, set with grim determination.

SCENE: OUTER OFFICE ABOARD THE SHOUNGA

A shot of Ayeka's face, exactly as we saw it before. But when we switch back, she is in a GP uniform, standing beside a desk arms outstretched to block a doorway behind her (She appears to be someone's secretary)_

Ayeka: I don't care WHO you are, the commander left instructions NOT to be disturbed.

Yorokobi: Ayeka...

Ayeka: Stop calling me that, My name is Officer Hachi!

We see a shot of the office door behind "Officer Hachi", the signage on it reads "Mihoshi Kirimatsu, Commander: Special Investigations Unit"

INTERIOR MIHOSHI'S SHIP

Noboyuki, Mihoshi, and Washu are moving through some passageway. During their conversation, they will reach the bridge.

Mihoshi: So, Ryoko was supposed to be some sort of weapon?

Washu: No!

Noboyuki: Like she said, Ryoko was made while Washu was supposed to be *working* for the Dikatsu, but she never intended for them to have her.

Washu: Right, I was contracted to develop a ship that could combat the ships of Jurai, that's why I made the Soja. But the Dikatsu wanted something more compact, more easily reproduced, so I tricked them into thinking that was what I was working on when in reality I was creating my daughter. When she was nearly complete, I took her and left for the Royal Academy. I still had friends there who could help me complete the final steps to bring Ryoko to life.

Noboyuki: But then Kagato stole the Soja and the Dikatsu thought you had stolen it.

At this point they reach the bridge and it has become a conversation between Noboyuki and Washu. Mihoshi looks as if her mind has wandered off again.

Washu: Yes, in the Soja, Kagato followed me to the planet where the Royal Science Academy is located. At almost the very moment when I was to fully animate Ryoko, when I was the most distracted, he appeared, imprisoned me in a stasis crystal, and stole Ryoko and myself.

Mihoshi: So.... why did you build the Soja?

Washu: UGH!!!

Yukinojo: Excuse me. I feel I should inform you, we are approximately 1 hour from FarSide station. And, there is an unusual energy filed surrounding the ship that I cannot determine the source of.

Noboyuki and Mihoshi look shocked/scared at the last statement.

Washu: [Turning with a closed eyed smile] Oh don't worry, that's just a little something to keep those mean lizards from tracking us.

SCENE: OUTER OFFICE ABOARD THE SHOUNGA

We are treated to a war of wills. Ayeka and Yorokobi face off, both with teeth set and "grrring" at each other. After a moment, there is a voice from off screen.

Voice: Hey Hachi! Here are those profiles the commander asked for.

At that moment, both Yorokobi and Ayeka's expression change to one of surprise, and Ayeka instinctively steps past Yorokobi to receive the papers. Yorokobi sneers in "Gotcha" fashion, slams the door release with the palm of his hand and rushes in.

SCENE: COMMANDERS OFFICE ABOARD THE SHOUNGA

The room is dimly lit, dominated by a large desk, and marked with deep shadows. There is a large chair on the opposite side of the desk, whose back is turned to Yorokobi.

Voice from the chair: [Sounds like Mihoshi] So, you finally made it... Uncle.

Yorokobi: If you knew I was out there, why didn't you call off your attack dog?

Voice form the chair: It was more fun this way.

Yorokobi: Fun!?

The chair turns and it is NOT Mihoshi, but rather the Ryoko look alike. Dressed in dark slacks and shirt, with short black hair (there has been a change here BTW, this is the same person who featured as the "bad" Ryoko in Ryoko's dreams in my first episodes) Her voice now sounds like a combination of Ryoko and Kagato.

Dark Ryoko: Yes, fun. Like a rat I've watched you run my maze.

We switch to a shot of Kagato, once again in his chambers in the Royal Palace, with the end of his sleeve against the back of a woman's head. The woman is this Dark Ryoko, and the pose is similar to when he placed his handless arm to Ayeka's face in EP 6.

Kagato: You aren't *quite* as unintelligent as you first seemed. But you sill don't know where you are do you? You still don't even suspect. [pauses] This is all a fantasy, you are in fact dead, it is only my power that is binding your essence here.

Switch back to the scene in the "Commander's Office"

Dark Ryoko: [Still acting as a mouth piece for Kagato] ...and that is for one reason only.

Dark Ryoko stands and leans forward on the desk.

Dark Ryoko: Where are Ryoko and Tenchi going?

Yorokobi: Who ever you are, you seem to think quite highly of yourself. [With smugness] Can't you figure it out?

Dark Ryoko: If you insist, I can make this astral illusion most unpleasant, and keep you here indefinitely....

We see Yorokobi thinking and now hear Washu's voice "... But it was real, it's very complicated to explain, but when you saw Kiyone it was real. Every Astral projection has some element of real physicality..."

Yorokobi's eyes snap up to meet Dark Ryoko's

Yorokobi: Unpleasant? Reminding me of my failures and what might have been.... That's unpleasant enough for me.

With that he makes a single leap up onto the desk, and places both hands on the top of Dark Ryoko's head. His foot finds a control panel and we see a view screen come to life in the middle of the desktop. As it does, Yorokobi slams Dark Ryoko's face into it shattering the glass. The electrical shock blows Yorokobi off the desk.

SCENE: CHAMBERS OF THE ROYAL PALACE

We immediately switch back to the scene of Kagato and Dark Ryoko in the Royal Palace. She is covered in electric sparks, and Kagato reels back, his arm smoking.

Kagato: Ahhh!! [he glares at his arm, his hand reappearing from his sleeve]

Dark Ryoko is on her hands and knees still dazed from the attack. Kagato regards her there.

Kagato: [sneering] He takes after his grandmother.

SCENE: BRIDGE OF RYO-OHKI

Ryoko and Tenchi are sitting in the middle of the floor, the stars race by above.

Ryoko: So many humans believe that there is an indestructible energy inside of them? How Jurian....

At that moment Yorokobi shoots straight up on the crystal slab LOUDLY gasping for air. As he does it scares the life out of Tenchi who yells, leaps to his feet, and scrambles away. Ryoko on the other hand, looks surprise but in an amused sort of way. She turns to Tenchi.

Ryoko: [matter of factly] Looks like your prayers worked.

Yorokobi: [Gasping like someone who almost drowned] You! [pointing to Ryoko] Who are you!?

Ryoko: I'm Ryoko....

Yorokobi: Thank the Goddess.

He gets up off the slab, examining his chest wound, which is totally healed.

Tenchi: How the heck is that possible!!?

Yorokobi: Another invention of Washu's. Nanites. Tiny little robots the size of molecules that reconstruct damaged tissue. They are standard issue for all GP officers.

Ryoko: She's just full of surprises.

Yorokobi: What's our heading?

Ryoko: FarSide station, just like you told Washu. What's there?

Yorokobi: Larson.

SCENE: DEEP SPACE NEAR FARSIDE STATION

FarSide Station is a cobbled together collection of modules that look like they should have been scrapped 1000 years ago. (Think MIR on a larger scale) As we slowly twist and turn with it far off in the distance, a large ship passes nearby. It has the look of the "Colonial Movers" ship from Battlestar Galactica* but, obviously is not *exactly* the same. We hear some heavy handed rock music as it passes by until we are blinded by the bright lights of it's main thruster.

SCENE: COCKPIT OF THE CARGOSHIP

Sitting in the pilots seat is a woman who looks like Nagi from Tenchi Universe. Her name is Nagi, but like Kiyone her role in the story and her personality will be different.

Radio: Transport 217 we have you passing the outer marker. State your destination.

Nagi: Towlo, you know where I'm going.

Radio: Come on Nag, why do we always have to do this?

Nagi: [Sighs] Port 91L2.

Radio: Roger 217, you are cleared on lane 11Alpha.

Nagi: [Who has be mouthing along with the radio] Really?

She flips the radio off, annoyed. (turns it off, not giving it the finger)

We now are treated to various scenes that need little explanation of a large ship moving in and entering a large hanger.

SCENE: HANGER ENTRY

Fairly non-descript, a medium sized room with a computer terminal and a set of large heavy doors leading to the hanger. We watch the doors for a moment and then they open. Nagi walks in. She walks up to the computer terminal and inserts a cartridge in it, then hits a few keys. As she does a voice comes over the intercom, it's Towlo.

Intercom (Towlo): Hey Nag, a message came in for you while you were out. Marked urgent from.... well it doesn't say who from.

Nagi: Play it.

Intercom: It's text only.

Nagi: Then *show* it to me.

The screen changes from tiny unreadable text to one single word, large.

LARSON

JOYCRUSHER:ONCE UPON A TIME

Nagi: [frowning at the screen.] You know what to do.

Intercom: You got it.

SCENE: BRIDGE OF MIHOSHI'S SHIP

Washu and Noboyuki are standing behind Mihoshi who is seated in the pilots chair. We can see FarSide Station through the viewport.

Yukinojo: They are claiming Galaxy Police have no jurisdiction here. This is most likely because this station is controlled by Privateers, whom the Jurian Council has designated as Smugglers.

Noboyuki: Maybe if you as for that Larson fellow, they'd let us land. Or dock, or whatever you do in this thing.

Mihoshi: Yukinojo?

Yukinojo: One moment....

Washu: The Privateers have been on the outs with Jurai and The Galaxy Police ever since Jurai tried to stop them from competing with "official" traders by outlawing them. I doubt they'll allow us entry under any circumstances....

Yukinojo: We have been directed to dock at 91L2. If you don't mind, I'd prefer to handle the landing.

Mihoshi: Ok.

We see Mihoshi's ship (the whole thing) follow a similar path as Nagi's transport. It enters the same hanger, alongside her ship. But this time, there are two large doors that close behind the ship. After coming to a stop, a column descends from the underside of Mihoshi's ship and touches the ground. At the bottom, two doors slip open like an elevator. Inside are our three heroes. They peer out into the pitch black of the hanger.

Mihoshi: Hello? Anybody here?

Noboyuki: Maybe they forgot to turn on the lights?

We hear the sound of scuffling feet and weapons, like soldiers running, then suddenly, the lights come on. We see the group surrounded by some of the roughest looking characters yet. Each holding a pulse rifle, with Nagi in the center facing our trio.

SCENE: RYO-OHKI'S BRIDGE

Ryoko is standing with her hand covering her mouth.

Ryoko: No.... it can't be....

Tenchi: What is it?

Ryoko: That woman, the one that looks like me, the one Yorokobi described. She was in my nightmares!

Yorokobi: Then she must be somehow real, how else could I have seen her?

Tenchi: But if she's real, what does it mean? And why did she want to know where we were going?

Yorokobi: The Dikatsu can't come up with something like that. It would take someone very powerful to crate that sort of illusion over such a great distance. In any case, whoever it is, they are after you two.

Tenchi: Why us?!

Yorokobi: Well, as a guess, I'd say it's a matter of your power. Your lighthawk wings, and your gems and this ship. In fact, I'll bet you [pointing to Ryoko] are the "prototype" that kept coming up in the intel reports.

Ryoko: Prototype!!? [She breaks down] No.... not again, someone want to make me a puppet again for my powers.... [she drops to her knees, and Ryo-Ohki Myas]

Tenchi: [placing a hand on her shoulder to try and comfort her] Hey, we're not going to let that happen...

Ryoko: [pushing Tenchi's hand aside] Your damn right.

With that she seizes the two small orbs which control Ryo-Ohki and Ryo-Ohki violently changes course. Yorokobi and Tenchi go tumbling across the bridge.

Tenchi: Hey!! What are you doing!?

Ryoko: I'm running away!! I can't go back to that life, not anymore!

Tenchi has stepped up beside her, while Yorokobi keeps his distance.

Tenchi: [calmly] Running where? The only thing we can do is meet the others and try to find a solution to this together.

Ryoko: You don't know! You don't know what it was like!

We now get a flashback. Her looking very hurt as we here Kagato saying. "Your performance has be nothing more then pathetic. I'll be sure to call on you again if I need a mission completely botched." Ryoko pleads, begging "No, please, I want to stay..." With that, Kagato touches her and she turns to stone, like he did in EP. 6

Ryoko: The things I had to do, living like a statue almost all of the time. That cave was cold, but not as cold as being solidified and stored until his whim revived me.

Tenchi: Kagato is dead....

Yorokobi: Tenchi is right, besides, what do you suggest we do? Bebop around the galaxy as a band of freelance bounty hunters? I've heard your stories, and each time you've won by sticking together and working together. have some faith in your friends, your family, Ryoko.

Tenchi: Come on Ryoko. I wouldn't let you down....

Ryoko: Oh Tenchi! [She embraces him, he gets a look like she's squeezing a little too tight]

Ryoko: [Standing back again] Thank you. You have always come through for me. Ryo-Ohki, return to our original course.

Ryo-Ohki: Myaa.

We see an exterior shot of Ryo-Ohki making a wide sweeping turn in space.

FARSIDE STATION: CARGO ROOM

Nagi and our trio are sitting around a table amidst boxes and crates, it looks like a storeroom, a single light hangs over the table.

Nagi: So Yorokobi fell trying to defend your retreat. Too bad I never got to meet him.

Noboyuki: So your Larson?

Nagi: Yes, and sorry about the reception, but we do have to be careful.

Mihoshi: I'm sure, all these plots going on, I can't tell who the good guys are anymore.

Nagi: It gets kind of complicated. [To Washu] Where is the rest of your party?

Washu: Well, the Royals are safely tucked away, and we've got another couple bringing Yorokobi's body in on another ship. [The last part looked a little painful for the otherwise sprightly Washu to say.]

Nagi: If the Royal Family is on the ship, we ought to get them in here, we don't want word of their arrival running all over the station.

Washu: Oh. They're not on the ship, just gimme a minute and I'll get them.

She stands and makes a big production out of tracing an arched outline in the air, then claps her hands and a door appears. Then the door opens and Yosho, Sasami, and Ayeka appear in the doorway. Then the doorway disappears.

Nagi: Neat trick.

Washu: [bowing] Thank you!

Ayeka: Huh? What took so long!? Where are we...[she looks around] and where is Tenchi?

Yosho: I thought it was rather quick.

Sasami: Yeah it only seems like five minutes, if that.

Washu: Well, time is on a shorter axis in my lab, which means....

Ayeka: WERE IS LORD TENCHI!!

Everyone stares at Ayeka.

Mihoshi: He and Ryoko should be here soon, calm down.

Ayeka: [Thoughts] They are together? I can't believe this...

SCENE: HANGER ENTRY

The same door that ushered in Nagi now opens on Ryoko, Tenchi, Yorokobi, and Ryo-Ohki.

SCENE: CARGO ROOM

We see a shadowed figure gesture into the room from an open door. Then the four come in and he closes the door again.

Ayeka: [runs up to Tenchi] Oh, thank goodness your safe. [She hugs him, Tenchi looks a little uncomfortable, like in the Mountain Cabin of EP 3]

There is a general meet and greet and Washu then conducts Yorokobi to the table.

Washu: [To Yorokobi] I'm glad to see you made it after all.

Yorokobi: Thanks to your invention.

Washu: [making that little, laughing noise] Hehe. Nagi, this is Yorokobi. Yorokobi, this is "Larson".

Yorokobi: Your Larson?

Nagi: Your alive?

Yorokobi: [looking a little embarrassed] Well, yeah. I told Washu to send that message if anything happened to me and to come here. I guess the reports of my death were a little exaggerated.

Nagi: Hmmmm.

Sasami: [taking a break from twirling with Ryo-Ohki-chan] Well, the important thing is we're all together again.

Yosho: And the big question is, what do we do from here?

CLOSING CREDITS