Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Choices and Consequences ❯ And More Consequences ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Tenchi Muyo: Choices and consequences, and more consequences

I do not own Tenchi Muyo, or any of its characters or ideas, but I wish I did. As for this story, it was written as a sort of what if, while I wait for OVA 3 and GXP to be released stateside. I started on this after wondering, what if he actually did make a choice? For those that have read the "True Tenchi Novels" that detail the backgrounds on the characters, I have not read those. I guess you could say that this is an AU as I have made certain decisions on their backgrounds to fit my story. And if the Character appear OOC, there is a good reason.

Thanks: Thanks to those that have helped me with this; Chendzeea, Top Quark, Swifty and Doug. Though Doug doesn't realize it, I got the idea for a part of this from one of his stories (Family and Friends).

+++++

From Last time:

He turned with them and headed for the door when Ryoko suddenly stopped; "Since we'll be married does that mean you'll have sex with us at the same time?" Tenchi suddenly started sputtering as he tried to think up an answer while Ayeka gasped and looked at her amazed before turning very red. Ryoko just continued to laugh and for once, she was looking forward to the future.

+++++

And now: Tenchi Muyo: Choices and consequences, and more consequences

As soon as the trio stepped outside the lab Nobuyuki, Mihoshi and Ryo-Ohki assaulted them with questions. He was quite surprised and the questions that were asked were coming too fast to answer. "Tenchi, you're OK! What happened?" "How are you feeling?" "Sasami said you've chosen is that true?" and many more, this nearly made him wish that he was back in the lab. Finally he got everyone calmed down; well at least enough to stop asking questions.

"Everyone, I have an announcement," he began as his father, the cabbit and Mihoshi backed up to give him room. "I've asked for Ryoko and Ayeka to both marry me."

As soon as he finished, he could see a strange look on his fathers' face, but before he could ask; his father began prancing around. "That's my boy! He didn't choose just one; he got two! Oh my wife in heaven you should see how our boy has grown!" Tenchi looked at his father as if he was crazy, but then again, he realized, that what he was doing was in itself, crazy. Ryo-Ohki looked happy and she was hugging Ryoko and Ayeka; he guessed that she was congratulating them. The surprise came from Mihoshi.

She was looking at him, her eyes filling with tears, but not from joy. "Ten… chi… you… asked… them? But… destiny… you were… supposed to…" She continued to mumble the words and he had a hard time understanding at first over his fathers ranting, but it soon dawned on him that she was hurt.

"Mihoshi," he called softly as he stepped closer to her.

"You were… they knew… how could you?" She screamed and ran out the door leaving everyone dazed at her outburst.

"Oh boy," he said as he hung his head. "I guess I need to go talk to her."

Nobuyuki had stopped jumping around when Mihoshi began her tirade, and now he stood staring at the door, as was everyone else. He felt like a heel and though, 'I shouldn't have said that.' This was not something that he knew how to handle, much less what to say, but if there was one thing he did know, it was that Tenchi wasn't the one to talk to her. "Tenchi, you stay here." All eyes turned to him, especially his son's. "If you were to talk to her now it would only make things worse."

"I guess I should go then," stated Ayeka as she moved towards the door.

"No Ayeka." She turned to see Ryoko shaking her head. "We were in the onsen when she said that he was her destiny."

Taking a big breath, Ayeka looked around the room. "That's true; if anyone is to go, then it should be Sasami or Nobuyuki."

"I can't go," the little princess said from the doorway, "Tsunami told me I had to stay here."

All eyes turned to Nobuyuki. He really didn't want to go, but it looked like it was up to him. "Ok, I'll go," he said boldly; however, it took a few steps towards the door for him to get up the courage to walk through it. 'Why me? I've never been good talking to women, even with Achika. Oh how I wish you were here.'

Making his way outside he looked around and was able to see Mihoshi sitting on the docks. When he moved closer, he could see her doing something he had never seen her do before. She was crying, not the wailing hysterics that she'd do when she didn't get to watch her cartoons. It was much more somber, so unlike her. He thought about going back inside saying that he couldn't do it, but there was no one else available. Slowly his feet carried him over to her, and his legs made him sit down beside her. "Um… Mi…Mihoshi, wha… what…" he hesitated before saying what's wrong, he knew what was wrong, but he didn't know how to start this. "Want to talk about it?" He knew that was a lame attempt but nothing else would come to mind.

"He… he's…" she started and he handed her a tissue from a box that had suddenly appeared beside him.

Looking back at the house, he saw Washu at the door and she waved to him. 'I should've known,' he thought. After she wiped her eyes, he asked her, "is that a little better?"

"Do… do you believe in destiny?" She asked him; her voice sounded weak and sad.

"I used to," he sighed and thought of his wife.

"Why? What changed?"

Tears formed in his eyes, "I used to think that destiny brought Achika to me and that we would be together forever…" Grabbing some of the tissues he tried in vain to dry his eyes. "I loved her more than anyone, but we were only together for a short time before Tenchi was born… then she got sick."

"What happened?"

"She never got better. Tenchi was still very young when she died."

"I'm sorry…" she bowed her head and regretted asking anything now.

"No, it's not your fault. I used to think that destiny brought us together, but after she died I… I guess I forgot about it." He rubbed his forehead and wondered how could he help her if he was like this? "You know, my father-in-law would sometimes say that destiny was a cruel mistress. She might hand you what you want only to take it away and give you what you needed."

"Oh," Mihoshi looked up at him and thought, actually thought about what he said.

He looked back at the house to see Tenchi, Ryoko, Ayeka and Washu watching him from a window and a thought struck him, "If it wasn't for Tenchi releasing Ryoko, then Ayeka would have never showed up. Without Ayeka & Ryoko's fighting you wouldn't be here either. And without you then Washu would have never been saved."

"I… I guess."

He thought about what he had just said, 'maybe I still believe in destiny….' A few of Katsuhito's old saying came through his mind but nothing seemed to really fit their problem. Giving up he just decided to ask her what she believed. "What do you think about destiny?"

"My dad and grandfather used to tell me stories about destiny and love…" she looked up to the stars as she thought of all those wonderful stories they used to tell her. "I always thought… whoever saved me was to be my destiny." She then grabbed a tissue as she tried to stop her tears, "Be he's not!"

Placing an arm around her as he tried to soothe her, "Mihoshi… I'm not the best one to talk to about destiny, Katsuhito is. But if you were waiting for anyone to save you, what were they supposed to save you from?" Shaking his head, he knew he had asked a stupid question; he almost missed the fat that Mihoshi had stopped crying. Actually she had stopped everything and was holding her breath as if she had just been frozen in place.

Patting her back, she suddenly took a breath, "I… I don't know."

"Maybe Tenchi was only a part of your destiny, not your destiny?" He tried hard to make that make sense to her, but normally she never could have more than three sentences before she was lost to any conversation, however this time she really seemed to be coherent through everything.

"So he might not be my destiny, but a part of my destiny?" She looked up at him and he nodded hoping that she truly understood this. When she suddenly smiled, he felt that she understood. "Oh thank you!" She squealed and gave him a crushing hug before running back to the house.

She had run up to the house and he could hear her congratulating Tenchi, Ryoko, and Ayeka in her usual manner with no hint whatsoever that she had just been crying. Leaning back slightly using his arms to hold him up, he looked towards the stars. "I think I still believe," he told the sky. "You left me so long ago… I still miss you, but maybe you never left." He took a ragged breath and looked at the water's reflection of the sky. "I thought we were destined to be together… I thought you'd never leave me." He looked into the water and instead of seeing the sky; he saw a hill overlooking an empty field.

He didn't need to guess what field this was, as this memory was one of his most precious ones. A dark haired boy sat on the edge of the hill drawing in a book when an angel appeared behind him. To him she always was an angel, a vision of loveliness, his Kiyone, his wife. In this memory, it was before they were married but he still cherished it. The water rippled slightly causing the image to change to his wedding day. This too was one of his most cherished memories; even though he was so nervous, he nearly fainted several times. A chuckle escaped him as he watched it although his eyes were overflowing with tears.

A slight wind blew and the water changed once more, this time he saw himself sitting on the same dock as a younger man with Kiyone beside him. "I miss you still," he said reaching a hand out to the image of her in the water."

"Nobuyuki?" A feminine voice called and the water returned to reflecting the stars.

"Huh?" He could see behind him now was Washu, and not his wife. "I'm sorry…" he said trying to regain his voice and composure.

"What are you doing out here? I... we, thought you would be coming back in with Mihoshi?"

"I…" he lost his voice and he drew in a ragged breath. "I was just reliving the past."

Washu hated thinking of the past, but something compelled her to sit beside him. "Bad memories?"

"It depends," he smiled and after looking up at the stars again, he looked at her. "Have you ever had someone that you thought you were destined to be with, only to loose them…"

Washu began to tear up as he mentioned that, "Yes." She visibly shook as she remembered her husband.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to…"

"No, its ok," she took a deep breath then told him, "I was married once. I used to have a husband and a child… but I lost them both." She looked at him and she could see that he wanted to ask more, but was unsure if he should. "I had no history, no past, no parents and he was from a noble family." She began to cry as he handed her a tissue. "We were happy… for a time. But his family kept pressuring him to leave me because I was just a commoner and he and his family were of such high stature. I thought our love could overcome it, but he finally caved in. H-he… he left me, and took my son. Just because of social status."

"I'm sorry."

"He never got to call me mom… I never got to see him take his first steps… he was just a baby when I lost him. Oh my baby, how I miss you so much!" She began sobbing harder and he placed an arm around her as the sobs racked her body. The two of them spent some time outside on the docks talking and reliving memories. Some painful, some happy, and some time spent just weeping over the past.

Ryoko kept an eye on her mother although she hated to admit the scientist was her mom. With Washu reliving her past, Ryoko too was shown her mother's memories. Slowly she began to understand the pain that her mom had been put through and she actually started feeling bad for how she had treated her mom.

While Ryoko thought about her mom, Tenchi was worried about his father, although Nobuyuki was not ever going to win a father of the year award; he was still Tenchi's father. After a few hours Mihoshi went to bed as did Sasami and Ryo-Ohki. He stayed up longer with his fiancées before heading to bed as well. "This night sure has been filled with surprises," he told the girls as they headed upstairs.

"Yes, it was interesting…" Ayeka said as she remembered their surprise visitor.

While Nobuyuki and Washu were outside everyone else was inside celebrating the engagement. It was shortly after Sasami had brought in dinner that they received a surprise visitor. Sasami was not surprised in the least, but Ayeka and Ryoko had different reactions. As soon as he stepped into the room Ryoko hissed at him and brought up an energy blade. Ayeka though, nearly fainted.

"What do you want here?" Ryoko had sneered at him. His mere presence brought back painful memories and an old fear. She had thought when he appeared that he was there to fight her and to put her back in the cave. And she'd be damned if she were going to be locked up again after Tenchi had finally proposed.

He held up a hand to quiet her and to show that he was unarmed when Ayeka screamed out, "Brother!"

Yosho stood before them all, looking ashamed and nervous for one having lived so many years. "I'm not here to fight."

Things were very tense for a moment before Tsunami appeared again and explained things. "Ryoko, your gems were providing Funaho with energy, and also providing him with the power for a disguise. Now that the gems have been returned, Funaho has had to drop his disguise."

"Tenchi, you…" the now young Yosho looked at his grandson in surprise.

"Yes, I trust her with my life."

"Very well," he then took a seat, "you might as well know then that Funaho's power will diminish and I will as well."

"What! No you can have them back!" Ryoko screeched in a way that surprised everyone including her, but despite her hatred of him, she knew Tenchi would be hurt to loose his grandfather.

"No, it is past my time. I have lived for long enough," he said shaking his head.

"Yosho," Tsunami said getting their attention. "I have been working with Funaho and she will be ready to leave the Earth in the next year."

"Wha-What?" If it had not been for the seriousness Tenchi would have laughed at his grandfathers' stammer.

"Funaho has been storing up energy from Ryoko's gems for years and she is ready to leave the Earth, Tenchi is my chosen champion, but he cannot do that and be Emperor."

"You don't mean?" He stared at her wide-eyed.

"Yes I do. It is time that Azusa stepped down. He is weary and a new emperor is needed. You are to be the next Emperor."

"But, I can't leave the Earth… I promised that I wouldn't go back to Jurai."

Tenchi, Ayeka, Ryoko and Mihoshi were speechless as they watched this event unfolding with interest. Tsunami then dropped a bombshell on him. "You will not be alone, but Ayeka was never intended to be your wife. Some things were done without my approval, so I had to step in. Now, most everything has been set right."

"Wh-who, who will join me as queen then?" He seemed anxious, but after she looked at him sternly his eyes shot open wide, and he nearly passed out. "I-I see…." He looked down then turned towards Tenchi, and Ayeka. "I-I'm sorry for deceiving you." His voice may have been even, but his eyes betrayed that he was hurting inside.

"Brother… I…" Ayeka had not a clue what to say. Inside she was angry, sad, and confused. Angry that he had lied to her and pushed her off onto Tenchi. Not only that but, in her heart she felt sad for him and the obvious pain he seemed to be going through. However, she was confused to why Tsunami had chosen now to reveal this and why she was forcing him to go back and not Tenchi. Even though she was confused, she did find solace in that she would not have to deal with being the Empress, but she did wonder who would go with him.

Yosho did not wait for her to finish her thoughts nor did he wait for Tenchi to say anything, his grandson was looking at him strangely. "I must return to the shrine. I don't have much time left," he turned around to leave them, but Sasami stopped him long enough to hand him some of what she had made especially for him. As he left the house, he heard noises coming from behind the house. Investigating he saw Washu and Nobuyuki sitting together drinking sake and talking about the past. For a moment contemplated joining them, but thought better of it and slipped away quietly.

"You, know Washuuuu…" Nobuyuki slurred as he had obviously had enough sake for the night. The two of them had decided early on, that it is much more fun to be drunk when reliving the past.

"Whatz that?" She answered in an equally drunken state.

"If you wern't sho yung, I'd ask you out fer a drink. Just tell the kidz that we're out fer a drink."

She giggled from beside him and she let herself change into her older form, which from just the sight nearly caused him to fall off the dock. "Is thish better…" she purred as she tried to keep him from falling over.

"Mush…" He took a drink. "Miss Washuuu would you like to go out fer a drink this weekend?"

"I'd be happy to," she said trying to bat her eyes at him.

He smiled and placed an arm around her, "You know what?"

"What?"

"I can't get up." He laughed hysterically a moment before falling over asleep there on the dock.

"Nobuy… Nobuy wake up…" she nudged him a few times but his only response was a loud snore. "Hum," she stood up slowly and took a deep breath. As she exhaled she regained her senses and had a portal appear below him dropping him on his bed. Grinning she created a portal beneath her as well and dropped into the bed beside him. She promptly laid herself down next to him and fell into slumber. For some reason the thought of going back into her lab tonight wasn't that appealing.

Ryoko just grinned as she felt her mothers' contentment passing over their link; she was still apprehensive after seeing Yosho again, but with the feeling being passed to her from her mom, and the feeling of Tenchi's arm around her made the ex pirate seem less nervous; at least for a time. But now, she stood in his room fidgeting nervously. 'What do I wear? What do I do?' were just the beginnings of hundreds of questions that were flying through her mind as Tenchi left the room to get ready for bed.

Just shortly, before he left the room he had a short discussion about the sleeping arrangements with Ayeka and Ryoko before Ayeka had left to put Sasami to bed, and before he had left to clean up.

"I don't think we should start, um… sleeping together tonight." Ayeka had said reddening as she tried to keep herself composed.

"Why not?" Ryoko was a bit upset as after what had happened she was now being told that she shouldn't stay with him.

"Well, his bed is not big enough for all of us and what about Sasami? She would get lonely sleeping in there by herself." She knew it was a bad excuse, but she did not want to say she was nervous about sleeping anywhere near Tenchi.

"You can stay with Sasami tonight, and I'll stay with Tenchi," the pirate proclaimed happily.

"But it's not fair that you stay and I don't."

"Wait!" Tenchi yelped and then stepped between them before his room was destroyed. "Look, um… I meant what I said. If Ryoko wants to stay with me I won't object," he tried to sound calm and in control while on the inside he was scared as to what would happen later. "I think Sasami will be fine in her room, but you're right…" he looked over at his bed and he felt dread pass over him. His bed was way too small for two much less three, so for all of them to share it they would have to literally, sleep on top of him.

Ayeka followed his look and she reddened in embarrassment as she imagined all three of them on his little bed. She would have to practically be on top of him for the three of them to have room. Ryoko too thought of this and she was not blushing but grinning at the thought of actually getting to sleep with him. "What I will do if you want…" he had said, "is put some sheets on the floor for us to sleep on. I don't really have a cushion big enough but it will do for a night."

"Sounds good to me," Ryoko said quickly, as she didn't care where they slept as long as it was with him.

Ayeka thought about it, and then smiled. "Very well, after I get Sasami tucked in I will join you on the floor." She then left the room excited about being with him, though she was not sure about Sasami with the number of nightmares she's been having over the years. Finally, she decided on removing the barrier around Tenchi's door and making sure her sister knew that she could join them if she wanted to. Tenchi got their makeshift bed ready then went to take his shower as Ayeka talked to Sasami and got them both ready for bed. She was happy that Ryo-Ohki would be staying with her sister so she would not be completely alone.

But with everyone out of the room but Ryoko for a few moments it left her feeling worried. 'What do I wear? What do I do?' When the door opened she spun around and was surprised to see Ayeka, dressed in a modest nightgown that covered her from the shoulders to her ankles.

"Ryoko, why haven't you changed, Tenchi will be back soon."

"I… well…" she tried to think of what to tell her, but the truth is she had never really had a nightgown, or at least she didn't remember having one.

"Well?" Ayeka asked growing impatient.

"I don't have one!" Ryoko hissed at her annoyed that she had to say it.

"You don't? Then what do you sleep in?"

"I don't like to sleep…" she said quietly, as her anger was spent and she was starting to feel uncomfortable.

"But you sleep a lot during the day."

Ryoko half laughed though it didn't sound like she was being funny. "It's because I can't sleep at night." She hated admitting her problems, especially to Ayeka, but the words sputtered out of her mouth, and she didn't really feel like hiding it right now.

"Why not?" The pirate looked up at the princess as she said this and Ryoko gave her a hard look that Ayeka suddenly understood. "Oh my, I'm sorry." If it had not been for her ability to float, Ryoko would have been on the floor. After all the time that she had known the princess she had never known her to apologize; much less to her. Ayeka possibly did not realize she had said it either, but she was for once actually feeling bad for the pirate. "You, you mean that all this time… you've not been able to sleep at night? Because of that?"

The elder princess was treated to a rare sight as Ryoko began to cry. The pirate just nodded her head and told her, "I can't… I see them… their faces… I-I can still hear them." She began bawling even harder than before and Ayeka was at a loss of what to do. Once before she had intentionally made Ryoko cry, and until today that had been the only time she had seen Ryoko cry. After the week that they had spent together in the lab watching over Tenchi a number of things had changed between them, and before she even knew she had done it, Ayeka had crossed the floor to the trembling pirate and embraced her.

"It'll be ok…" she said soothingly as she held the crying pirate. With trembling hands Ryoko returned the embrace and the two stood there for several moments.

They were like this when Tenchi stepped back into his room. He smiled at them and made no noise or indication he had returned. Instead, he watched as Ayeka, the First Princess of Jurai became just Ayeka and in her arms, she held another. This other, was the dreaded Space Pirate Ryoko, the very one that had nearly destroyed Jurai. But now, they were just Ayeka and Ryoko, seemingly best of friends and the loves of his life. Walking up beside them, he quietly wrapped his arms around them and tried to hold them close.

However as soon as they felt his arms both Ayeka and Ryoko jumped away from each other as if scalded by the touch. "Um, we weren't…" Ryoko started but stopped as she tried to think of an excuse.

"That's right, she was… um having trouble with the zipper," Ayeka supplied.

Tenchi displayed a grin and nodded at them as they looked like they had just been caught doing something bad. "I see, um… well it looks like you're ready… for bed… to go to sleep… um… Ayeka…" He rubbed the back of his neck and soon found himself very nervous. He then looked at Ryoko and noticed she was still wearing her dress from before. "Um, were you going to change?"

"Oh, well you see I… I don't…" She paused as she tried to think of an excuse and she was just about to say she would sleep elsewhere when Ayeka spoke up.

"… She doesn't…" Ayeka started then added, "She doesn't have anything appropriate for tonight…"

"Well you don't have to wear…" he paused as he turned red as his mind thought of what he was about to say. "Well you can wear what ever you want, nothing really special."

"Tenchi, you see I…" Ryoko started again, and she seemed unable to bring herself to tell him that she had nothing.

"You see Lord Tenchi; she was just about to… to… borrow one of mine!" Right after she said it she regretted it. 'There's no way that she'd wear one of mine! Ha, like I'd give her one,' she thought, but then she noticed his smile. Just his smile alone seemed to make her feel different inside, to feel warm and happy.

She was brought out of her silence by Ryoko, "You'd… you'd do that?" Sighing Ayeka nodded her head and then turned to go with Ryoko floating behind her. They entered the princesses' room quietly hoping to not wake Sasami. Ayeka began to look through her clothes, she knew of nothing that would not only look good on Ryoko, but also something that she did not want back. Just because they were getting along better did not mean she wanted to share everything she had with the pirate.

A voice suddenly caused them to turn around, "Ayeka, Ryoko," Tsunami called.

"Um, yes?" Ryoko asked timidly as she was not sure whether she had done anything wrong.

"I have something special for you both this night," she said then held out her hands and two orbs of light appeared and began to stretch into the glowing form of two gowns. As the light died away, both looked at the shimmering gowns in rapt awe.

"It's lovely…" Ayeka said and then looked down at her own gown. She had picked this one out as she had thought it was her best one, but the one she saw before her made hers look plain.

"Wow," Ryoko exclaimed, quickly whisked away her clothes, and slipped the gown on. "It feels…" she felt at a loss on how to describe it. All of her clothes were comfortable, some more so than others, but this was amazing!

"Why… why are you giving us these?" Ayeka asked still unsure what to make of things.

"I give them as a reward."

"For what?" Ryoko jumped up floating and spinning around just enjoying the feeling of the material.

"You two have grown much in the past few days, but in the near future the two of you will be the ones that could reshape the universe. For better, or worse. Your ability to work together could help, or destroy many."

"Gee thanks…" muttered Ryoko as she floated to the floor, then slumped her shoulders.

Ayeka looked back and forth at them in confusion, "Us? We will decide the future?"

"No, the decision is not yours to make," Ryoko perked up as Tsunami spoke. "But you will influence it. Ayeka," the goddess said turning to her. "You have had a life that many dream about. You are a princess, you grew up with servants waiting on you and everything that you have wanted you have received." She then looked to Ryoko; "You have had a much harder life. With the pain of your past and to this moment owning nothing."

Ayeka looked at Ryoko wide-eyed, 'Owning nothing? How can that be?' Ryoko though was looking down as if ashamed.

"You have no need to feel ashamed anymore. That which your heart has wanted has been given, though not in the way you wished. However I wanted your first gift, to be something special." She gestured towards the gown Ryoko was wearing again. "The gift of a goddess, the first thing you own; the first of many things. Take care of them well."

"I will," she said near tears as she hugged the gown closer to her. It meant much more to her now and she felt very good inside.

"But, the gems… she owns them…" Ayeka said bewildered. All that she was experiencing tonight was taking a toll on her.

"The gems belong to another, though Ryoko has been entrusted with their safe keeping until the time is right." The goddess explained with a hint of sadness.

"You mean they're not mine?" Ryoko asked looking at them carefully.

Tsunami shook her head; "They still call to their owner, though the time for them to be reunited is not right. You will have them for a while longer." Tsunami looked at Sasami and smiled, "She is happy at the moment, I hope she can stay that way." Looking back at the two she smiled one last time, "Good night Princesses of Jurai, your prince awaits," and with that, she was gone.

As soon as she said princesses, Ayeka wanted to shriek, "PRINCESSES!" However she found that her voice seemed to fail her for a moment.

Ryoko though did not catch what the goddess had said and she turned to Ayeka who was still holding the new gown in her hands. "Aren't you going to change?" Ayeka did not respond and that's when she noticed the princess' wide-eye look. "Um, Ayeka?" She waved her hand in front of her and called to her several times before she blinked her eyes.

"Huh?"

"I said, aren't you going to change?"

"Oh," she hurriedly changed though she kept thinking about what Tsunami had said and she didn't like it. 'If he marries us both, she'll be a princess too. Not of royal blood, but by law she will be one. How can this be happening?' As she slipped the new gown over her head though a strange thing happened. All of her anger, loathing and resentment seemed to flow out of her as the gown cascaded down her body and into its rightful place on her. It seemed perfect, in not only how it fit, but also the smoothness and how it felt against her. All of this just forced all thoughts out of her mind other than how wonderful she felt. "It's, amazing…" she said as she smoothed it out though no wrinkles were there.

"I know; it's like a dream." Ryoko spun around floating up slightly. "Well ready to go?"

Ayeka felt of the fabric once more and she was at a loss as to what it was made of, but she hoped she could get more like this. "Yes, I think I am." The two then left the room leaving the youngest princess and Ryo-Ohki, just as asleep as when they had first entered. In silence, the two went back to Tenchi's room, both marveling at how the gowns felt as they moved. They were both so caught up in their own thoughts that they had completely forgotten about anything else that had happened to them today.

Arriving at Tenchi's room, they saw him leaning over and fixing up a place for them to sleep on the floor with him. Ayeka cleared her throat prompting him to turn around and he nearly fell over from the sight of them. Both seemed to be glowing, not like a light, but an internal glow that seemed to shine from their eyes. "Wow…" he breathed as she looked at them.

"You like it?" Ryoko asked as she spun around for him, still floating in the air slightly.

"Wow…" he said as he looked at Ryoko then Ayeka, as both blushed slightly. Tenchi had first thought he had just seen two angels appear before him as he looked at his loves. Though the gowns were pretty, he was more focused on the radiating faces of two most beautiful women he'd ever seen.

The three of them just stood there looking at each other and then wondering 'what now'? Tenchi was blushing at the thought of asking them to join him in bed and of course he was worried about how to even ask such a thing. Ayeka too was wondering what to do, she had never been in a situation like this. She was standing in a male's room expecting to lie down with him, it was simply confusing as to what to do, what to say, and more importantly how to lie beside him? Should she touch him? Should she just lie there?

Ryoko though after a few moments of this awkward silence realized something, 'He's not saying anything or moving?' She began to wonder what they should do as she really didn't want to stand here all night, and she really was getting tired. However tired she was though she was still excited about finally being able to sleep with him, not above him, or just in the same room, but with him in bed. 'Maybe I can even get some sleep tonight.' Looking at her to companions, she realized that Ayeka was not going to say anything, as she was too busy looking nervous. She knew better than to expect Tenchi to say something so she decided it was time for bed.

Disappearing from beside Ayeka, she appeared beside Tenchi and the two of them fell into the bed as Ayeka looked on confused and disappointed. "Miss Ryoko!" She said slightly annoyed though she found she could not stay angry for some reason.

"R-R-Ryoko!" Tenchi stammered out in confusion, but as she settled herself beside him on the floor, he could not help but smile as she did the very thing he could not think of how to say. "Good night my pirate," he said to her as he gave her a slight hug.

"Good night my Tenchi," Ryoko said to him as she snuggled into his embrace on his right side.

Looking up from the floor at Ayeka, he held out his other arm towards her and they both blushed but Ayeka understood he was inviting her to join them. Smiling she moved onto to floor beside him and tentatively she laid herself down beside, and on him like Ryoko had done. As soon as she was beside him, he gave her a slight hug as well saying, "Good night my princess."

Of course, this caused her to blush as she told him, "Good night Tenchi."

The three of them lay there on the floor and Tenchi could not help but smile as he thought of the future with them. As he thought of the future, he watched as the covers lifted up slowly and moved towards their heads effectively covering them up. He knew only Ryoko had the ability to do this so he gave her another hug of thanks, as he had no idea how he would be able to reach the covers with his arms pinned down. It did not take any of them long to fall asleep though each one of them had thought that they wouldn't get any rest. Ryoko was the one to fall asleep the fastest though, as she was finally comfortable and in his arms. Even though she had to share, there didn't seem to be any lack of comfort.

As the three of them slept, two ghostly figures looked on smiling. One of the figures was Tsunami, the goddess of Jurai. She looked over the three and smiled, "For now they are happy, I hope they can stay that way." The other figure, this one was feminine in stance, though she had no real body like Tsunami did, but the goddess understood her. Tsunami looked at her and smiled, "No, I guess you do not need to watch over them anymore. They will have each other." She looked sad and contemplative as the other figure looked at the goddess with unspoken questions. "Yes," she sighed, "things will be hard for them, but if they can trust each other they will make it." Tsunami laughed at the others unspoken comment. "Yes I saw how they fought before, but I think that they can work together when needed."

The two left that room and moved to Nobuyuki's room where he slept with his arm around Washu, who was cuddled up against him. The two both thought the same thing, "Yes, they look happy together. I didn't plan this, but I think their shared hurts may help them heal finally."

As the second one made another comment only heard by goddess ears Tsunami turned towards her. "I can arrange that, but it will not be for long." She paused for a moment looking back at the two sleeping on the bed. "What will you tell him?" Tsunami listened nodding her head slightly. "Very well, and I think you're right. He does not need to be watched so closely anymore." The goddess smiled and the two left to prepare.

+++++

To be continued, I mean it… I really will continue it… I promise… I wrote this one didn't I….

I could always use help with pre-reading the story before the next chapter is posted. If you would like to help please go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ffru/
I have the next several chapters posted there for my beta readers to help me on.