Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Days Long Past ❯ Days Long Past ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

Days Long Past

The spiky locks of the pale haired woman blew in the sad breeze. Golden optics shed tears to the canyon below. Barely a toe away from the seeming endless drop she had no regrets. "My Tenchi, why did you go with that purple haired demon of a woman?" She said gently, a finger brushing away a crystal salt drop. "This is so unlike me, crying over someone like this." She said, saddened smile breaking through her ruby lips. "But he can be with her forever, I won't interfere anymore, it's just fighting a battle I will lose." With that she took the plunge, she fell, fell to the awaiting cold depths of the canyon rapids. She was willing to die, die for Tenchi's happiness and her freedom from this world and her own bounty. `Tenchi I will never stop loving you.' She thought, the icy blue waters coming, wider, clearer, larger, and even more uninviting. She smiled softly, eyes closing half way as she simply stared down her fate. It formed before her eyes into the face of her romance before she plunged headfirst into the ice water. Stinging like daggers into her pale flesh as she took her last and final breath, mind never ceasing to think of him, her Tenchi.

She was lost, in Memories, Days long past.

Amber eyes shot open as if awoken from a bad dream. Though, it wasn't a dream, what pain he felt in his heart was real, so real. "R-Ryoko?" He grumbled, looking to the violet haired woman asleep next to him. He slowly got up, prowling around the creepy silent home. By now she would have made her great entrance or something of that nature, but nothing, nothing at all. His eyes frantically scanned the darkness of his house, to find nothing. He sighed, something drawing him to the cliff side near. "Ryoko!" He called again to the silent air, but nothing came. He went to the edge of the cliff-side where he never knew she had ended her life on this very spot. For him, for his happiness. He looked down to the rippling waters, why was he drawn here, what was he looking at? The ghostly breeze lifted his deep shards of hair as he glanced around trying to find where the breeze originated. "Ryoko, is that you?" He said gently, noticing the trees wouldn't move, the breeze was only felt by him.

`Tenchi, go to Ayeka, she'll miss you if she wakes when you're gone.' The gruff tone f the female he knew so well.

"Where are you?" He smiled, thinking she was merely playing a simple game.

`Not in this world anymore, I must go. I love you Tenchi.' She said, sadness tearing in her now soulful body. The luminous form of the woman appeared for him, one last time. The silver form looked to his sadly her lifeless eyes looking into his. `I'll miss you.' She said, white teardrops falling down her semi-visible form.

"Y-Your dead?!" He said in disbelief as she merely nodded.

`I did it for you, you'll be better off if I wasn't here to bug you. Goodbye, Tenchi." She said, sobbing freely as a hand fluttered against his face, he only feeling the icy touch of death from her, not the affection she once hoped to give him.

"Ryoko, Ryoko!" He shouted as her form had left, memories of them flashing through his mind as he fell to his knees, why had she gone, she left, it was his fault to treat her poorly when Ayeka was around.

`Bye, Goodbye, my Tenchi, Always.' The whisper trailed as it left, left with the dawning of the sun.

"She can't be gone." He said firmly, eyes glaring to the ground, uncontrollable tears falling from his tan face to the soft soil. He saw, the glint of something embedded in the dirt. He slowly reached a hand to grasp the small diamond upon the onyx string. "T-The shard I gave her." He said sadly as he looked to the gleaming object. "Ryoko, I-I love you too." He said gently looking eyes to eye with the pink hinted gem. "Goodbye." He said finally clutching the jewel and looking to the star ridden sky, he could have sworn he saw a shooting star. The shooting star he could have guessed was the remains of Ryoko, his first love he was too shy to tell, and now he was too late.