Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ How Long is Forever ❯ Just Another Day ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ch 1: Just another day…

I cry out you name,

And it echo's in my heart.

And as long as you answer,

I'll always stay by your side.

Ryoko flipped over onto her back on her shelf she often used as a make shift bed, letting her arm fall off the side of the bed with the weight of the half empty liquor bottle. A semi-drunken grin spread across her face as the fantasies took over her mind. She fantasized often, but it was when she was drunk, or close to it that she could fully lose herself in the fantasies and forget about all the memories that often made her existence on the planed a living hell. She closed her eyes, wrapping her arms around herself and let the liquor bottle fall to the ground as the familiar giddy feeling washed over her.

"Heeeeeh!"

She rolled her body towards the wall, trying to suppress the bubbling laughter that rose up within her. Tears formed and rolled down her cheeks as a wave of euphoria washed over her. The familiar happiness was back, the repeated day -dream she fell into many times a day where she was alone with the one person she trusted, admired and loved more than life itself…

"Tenchi…"

"Ryoko?"

Her eyes shot open with the speed of flying bullets as the familiar, comforting voice broke into her solitude. At once she came to two realizations; one she had actually spoken allowed, two, was the REALLY that bad? Ryoko slid her hands away from her chest and against her face as she suppressed a sigh and finally rolled after a few attempts and found herself gazing into Tenchi's warm brown eyes. It was only him she saw and at once she imagined this WAS her fantasy, and she was finally alone… finally…

"Ry..Ryoko are you Ok?"

"Of coursh Teshi! We're alll fiiinne!

God dammit she was smiling like and idiot, her face was probably all red from the liquor… and from her day dreams. Pushing reality aside Ryoko stretched out her arms and wrapped them around Tenchi's shoulders. She fell him freeze like an animal in a trap. Sure, she could sense his fear, but Hell if she cared, she had him, and he was with her and it was only a few more inches until her lips would meet his and…

"Lord Tenchi!"

Immediately she pulled back, her eye twitching in annoyance as Ayaka entered the room swaying like she were on an out of control carousel. Tenchi fled from her grip and rushed to help the poor girl before she found herself fallen on the floor.

"Princess Ayaka! Are you ok?"

Even drunk and from across the room Ryoko could see the hazy, half drunk and pathetic look in Akaya's eyes… it made her sick to her stomach. Once again the nosy bitch had managed to swipe Tenchi from her clutches with her own pathetic intolerance to sake.

"Yes Lord Tenchi… I think I'm all right now… I just felt a bit dizzy…"

"Maybe you should lie down for a little Ayaka."

God… she could use another drink right now, yet the liquor bottle was too far out of reach, and at this point the fantasies were too far out of reach for her to return to. The only thing left to do at this point was to capture Tenchi's attention for herself!

"Tenshi…"

Ryoko let her head fall back, putting a pathetic look on her face as she waited for

the boy to acknowledge her once again. Her arm swung limply in the air as she watched him fuss over Ayaka, then walk towards the kitchen, then return with a cup of tea…

"I'm so sorry to trouble you Lord Tenchi… I can't believe I got this sick from a few cups of tea!"

"Tenchi..."

"It's no problem Ayaka, I wasn't doing much anyway."

Ryoko barely heard the conversation as the silence of the air around her pressed in against her. An odd feeling swept over her, as if someone was calling her, yet the feeling was different, it was almost disorienting. She moved her dangling hand over her face and softly moaned, this wasn't fun, it was hardly a part of getting drunk, not even in the hang over stages for crying out loud!

"Tenchi…"

The feeling was pounding in her head now, making the world spin as if her blood was being re-directed into her skull. Her knees crept up to her chest as the pounding continued, drilling into her head and causing a blackness to sweep though her mind. A whimper escaped her mouth as the blackness fading, and an emptiness replacing it. She felt as if something had been taken from her mind, yet as faded her thoughts kicked into gear again and it was as if nothing had happened. A shudder raced though her body as she un-curled her self and gazed blankly ahead, not seeing the warm brown eyes staring at her with deep concern.

"Ryoko… are you ok?"

"Tenchi… I feel sick…"

Her eyes finally found their way to his as she returned to her previous state.

"She's probably drunk, I wouldn't bother much with her Lord Tenchi, after all; she's probably just trying to get some attention!"

Ryoko shrunk back away from the side of the bed, a bit stung at Ayaka's words. Sure, she did act up ONCE in awhile… well, maybe more than once in awhile, to get attention, but now she wasn't faking… at least she hadn't been this time.

"Ryoko?"

His eyes were question now with a bit of doubt at the edges at her display. She watched as he turned back to Ayaka briefly, and then returned to her shrinking form. Man, she WAS feeling a bit woozy, but at this time she couldn't tell if that was from the liquor or from that pounding she'd felt a minute ago.

"I just don't feel good."

Inwardly she cringed as her words turned to a pout, but her eyes stayed locked on his, trying to somehow tell him things weren't all right, yet she didn't want to admit anything in front of Ayaka. Tenchi stepped forward, then hesitated and patted her hand in sympathy, a slight look of confusion in his eyes as he turned around.

"Get some rest Ryoko, you might feel better afterwards."

His words signaled triggered signals of pain that raced towards her skull, the dismissal stung, maybe even MORE than the pounding had. Tears welled up in her eyes as she turned back around and closed her eyes. Sure, she'd go back to sleep, then maybe she'd feel better and get a chance to talk to Tenchi about the strange feeling she'd had.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _