Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ MegaMan X/Tenchi Muyo ❯ No Victory Part 2 ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Chapter Six: No Victory Part 2
In her unconscious mind Matrix hears foot steps of people with the sounds of metal scraping and machines beeping.
From a gasp Matrix awakes from her deep slumber,
Eyeing around her realized that she's in the hospital.
The room was a bit cold, and instead of being in her armor she was in a nightdress with her dirty blonde hair down instead of being braided which confused her. "How in the world did I get here? All I remember is defeating Shujikoe then fainting...." she says in a daze.
Matrix wanting to leave this awful place as soon as possible summoned a nurse and asked for a change of clothes. The nurse came with a pair of jeans and a shirt. After she changes into her clothes Matrix gives Mi-ohki a pet on her head, Mi-ohki yawns and stretches.
"Come on Mi-ohki lets go find my armor and get out of here." Matrix said smiling at her furry friend. "Meow!" Mi-ohki says agreeing with her partner.
"Uh, excuse me? Where can I find my belongings?" Matrix says stopping a nearby nurse. "Your things are in Rm. B-2 just down the hall on the left. The door is blue and the room number is on the front." The nurse said smiling kindly. "Thanks." Matrix said.
Following the nurse's directions, she finds the room, walks in and collects her things. After putting her helmet on she decides to use her intercom to contact HQ, but to her dismay she cannot get through. "Dang, all I get is static, well guess we walk Mi-ohki lets get going before it gets to dark." Matrix says taking off her helmet.
Just as she turns to leave the room she comes face to face with Ryoko. "Just where do you think your going?" Ryoko asked. "I'm going back to Maverick HQ that's where." Matrix replies smugly. Mi-ohki growling in agreement.
Ryoko puts her hands on her hips and gets in Matrix face and laughs. "WHAT IS SO FUNNY!!!!!?” Matrix demands, mad at being laughed at.
"It's that you’re funny looking when you’re mad." Answered Ryoko still snickering. "But enough of this foolishness we are needed back at Tenchi's place lets gets going." Ryoko says pulling on Matrix's arm walking off toward the exit with Mi-ohki close behind
Back at Maverick HQ
In a struggle Dynamo is being currently is being choked by angry, teeth baring Zero with Axl and X looking annoyed behind him "Where is Matrix and who is this Shujikoe?!?!" Growled Zero increasing his grip on Dynamo's neck.
"I don’t know I was paid to bring her in that's all I know!!! Please release me I still ache from the beating with Matrix." Cried Dynamo struggling to get free from Zero's grasp.
"Liar!" Shouted Zero pinning Dynamo to the wall.
"Zero! That’s enough if Dynamo doesn't know he doesn't know!" replied Aila.
Zero drops Dynamo to the floor. Dynamo rubs his neck coughing slightly from the pressure. Dynamo get up slowly, making sure Zero doesn't miss read his actions.
Back at the hospital
"Why are you bossing me around?" Matrix asked pulling back on her arm. "Because Washu has a few more tests to run on you, so please don't be stubborn and come with me quietly." Ryoko says gently.
"After these tests will I see my friends soon?" Matrix asked quietly. "Yes of course you will soon I promise you." Ryoko encouragingly.
Matrix was satisfied with Ryoko answer.
Moments later they arrived at Tenchi's house.
After walking in the house Matrix has this feeling she'd been here before, the house gave off an aura that she can identify. "Come on Matrix lets get to the lab." Ryoko says tugging on Matrix sleeve.
Ryoko stop by what looks like a broom closet, Matrix give her a strange look.
Ryoko glance at her and says "You'll see." opening the door.
To Matrix's surprise there was something inside the seemingly ordinary broom closet. There were machines and tanks with bubbles and creatures in them and bright, colorful lights all around her.
In the center of the lab sat Washu herself busily typing on her computer.
"Oh I see that you’re brought your sister back from the hospital." says Washu.
Matrix eyes open wide in shock. "This is my sister?! I didn't even know I had one!" Matrix says.
"Well of course, you thought you were an only child?" said Washu Laughing.
"Well were wasting time lets get those tests going take a seat here Matrix." Says Washu guiding her to a chair.
Washu put's a helmet on Matrix head preparing her for a memory scan.
"Now Matrix you'll feel a bit of a shock in your system, don't worries it won't hurt a bit so just remain calm." Says Washu starting up the program.
Feeling a sharp intrusion into her mind, Matrix can feel her brain open up and memories start to be downloaded into Washu's database. In a few seconds, it’s all over and Washu unhooks Matrix from the machine.
"Well, that wasn't that bad was it?" Washu says smiling.
"Actually no it felt kind of weird but with no pain involved." Matrix says smiling back.
"Well no time to dawdle more tests need to be completed." Washu says.
A few hours after physical, mental and emotional tests Matrix is all done.
"Well, what are your results am I okay?" Matrix asks anxiously.
"Well it seems all but your memory is fine. I'll need to do a little research to find the problem. So don't worry, all will be well." said Washu glancing at her screen.
"But what about my friends? Will I get to see them again?" Matrix asks concerned.
"Um, well not right now but soon, I assure you." was Washu's response.
"What'll I do in the meantime?" Matrix asked.
"Why don't you get to know everyone here and see if you can help out anywhere?" Washu suggested.
Leaving Washu's lab Matrix turns toward the family room and happens to see a photo of Shujikoe on the wall.
"It would seem that the octo-head never gives up does him?" She replies sarcastically.
TO BE CONTINUED.....What does the strange picture mean to Matrix and who is Octo-head? Will she see her friends again? Stay tuned for Part 3 of No Victory.