Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Nightmares: Part I of the Guardian Saga ❯ Aeka's Heart ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Ok, well here's Part III of Chapter One. Yes, Part III of ONE CHAPTER. I know, I know. Just, get the kleenex. This part is kinda sad. (Like the others haven't been...LoL..)

Chapter One, Part III~Aeka's Heart.

* * *

Aeka turned in her bed, unable to sleep. Sasami slept soundly only a few feet away. The full moon shone in the window, and drenched Sasami in its wet glow.
Aeka traced the lines of her sisters face with her red eyes. So small, so gentle...Then Aeka remembered the words of Tsunami.."One day, she and I will merge completely."
So small, so gentle, so delicate, and soon....so very, very powerful.
Aeka, tired of this tossing and turning, threw back her covers, and crept on silent feet to her and Sasami's own bedroom door. She opened it quietly, and slid it shut. She was now in the cool, quiet hallway of the Misaki house, and the princess cast a forlorn look at the last door in the hall. Tenchi's door.
No, you are a princess of Jurai. You are not...Aeka's thought stopped in its tracks. What? What exactly am I? What difference is there between me and...and...Aeka's steps led her to the living room stairs, as her troubled mind brewed.
Between me and...and...her? Aeka's eyes rose to take in the sight of Ryoko, sleeping on the rafters.
Aeka sighed, and continued past the demon caller, through the living room, to the front door.
Yes, thats what I need. Some fresh air. Aeka's tremulous mouth stretched into the resemblance of a smile, and she walked out the door to the yard.
The stars winked at Aeka, as she allowed her feet to wander where they would. She was conscious of walking by the lake, by the tree line, and into the depths of the forest. Up the many stairs to the shrine....
Aeka cleared the last step, and suddenly realized where she was. She suddenly clung to a nearby tree, needing the support. Why? Why does my head betray my heart by coming here? Why must I still feel for...
The soft silver light wavered in the temple courtyard, changing, forming, taking shape...
A soft laugh. The crack of a twig underfoot.
"Tenchi..."She breathed his name softly, and Aeka could plainly see the longing in her eyes.
Tenchi turned towards her, one of her hands intertwined with his own, the other of her hands on Tenchi's neck, pulling him close. Tenchi smiled at her, gently tracing the outline of her face with his hand. She moved her face against his hand, and Aeka heard his chuckle, barely believing...
His mouth was parted slightly, as his face got closer and closer to hers. She moved closer to him, her eyes partially closed in expectation...
Tenchi kissed her.
Aeka fell to the ground, her heart torn into shards. Shards small enough to fit through the eye of a needle...
Aeka saw them from all directions. From the other side of the courtyard, from above, below..it was as if she was trapped in a prison of mirrors, only each mirror reflected only what could hurt her most, over and over, always a different angle, but forever the same picture...
Aeka couldn't take it. She ran from her cover into the forest. Her feet again took her where they would, only this time, compyling with her broken heart.
Her tears ran down her pale cheeks without any help. She didn't bother wiping them away.
Whats the point?, she thought. Why wipe away a single tear when there are many more to replace it?
Aeka struggled through the forest, twigs, branches, and leaves all whipping at her, cutting her. scratching her. Ordinarily, she would have stopped to sheild her face and arms, but nothing would ever be normal, or ordinary ever again. Ever.
Tenchi...Tenchi....Why? Why did....You.....have to...break....my....heart ?....Aeka fell to her knees. She had reached the cliff, the one Tenchi had once shown her. All of the valley lay spread out before her, offering a spectacular view that would normally take Aeka's breath away.
Take my breath away.....Aeka stood, something about her...seemed broken. There was more damage done here than just a broken heart. Hers was a broken soul.
Aeka grimly walked to the edge. Below the cliff, there was sharp, rocky hills. Aeka judged the distance.
Yes. I will feel no pain. For once....
I will know what it feels like to fly.
And fly she did.

* * *

Oy! Why must I be so sad?!?!*Brushes away own tears* Ok, seriously, this part did make me tear up, but no overflow. Still, I thought, 'Hey, I'm depressing myself, with something I WROTE!' Oh joy, oh rapture! Ok, well, to let you lords and ladies know, there is a method to my madness, just watch for little inconsistencies. They'll lead you to where I'm headed with this....By God, I hope they do. The breadcrumbs didn't work to well the first time around...O?O
Anywho, any and all R&R is appreciated...Muchas Gracias!!!

Me: And what do I want you to do class?

All: Leave our e-mail addresses.

Me: And why is that, class?

All:So if we have a question, you can answer it, via email.

Me:Very good class. You are dismissed till the next post!

Didn't know I could teach, did ya? ; )
~TenshiKachuu