Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Nothing is what it seems to be ❯ Mental Conversations ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 4

A/N Candyce:*is nibbling on a piece of chocolate and waves*

Lizz: Good day everyone, here is the fourth chapter of my story finally. Guess delays get more often with me, he? *sweatdrops lightly*

Candyce: *mutters* You should spend more time writing then instead of hanging around your PS2.

Lizz: *blinks* You are the one playing the games there, not me! I had my finals exams!!! (which are over now thank Goddess)

Candyce: *grins evilly* So?

Lizz: *shakes her head and sighs* Anyways, I do not own any of the Tenchi Muyo cast...sadly...

***

Pain, that was one of the most obvious emotions Ryoko was feeling now. Not the usual twinge she would feel when Tenchi had once again pushed her away, but a much bigger pain was soaring through her heart. Together with embarrasment and anger it was swirling through her head. How could she have let her feelings slip like that? Ryoko leaned back against the branch of the cherry tree she was currently sitting in. She still could not understand completely what had just happened. She looked up to the sky through the leaves of the tree as she suddenly heard someone nearing the tree. As she looked down she saw Ryo-Ohki looking back at her.

"Coming down?" Ryoko heard the humanoid cabbit ask her.

Ryoko nodded faintly and phased out of the tree and next to Ryo-Ohki. As soon as she got there, the little girl hugged her close, which caused Ryoko to chuckle softly and hug back.

"Feel you, your pain." Ryo-Ohki explained, "It did not go well?" Ryoko shook her head at this with a saddened expression. Ryo-Ohki nodded and hugged Ryoko closer, she had no need for any details about what happened, not wanting to hurt Ryoko more then she already was.

"I shouldn't have done it." Ryoko murmured, "How can I still show myself around her after what I did in the onsen? She made it clear enough that she didn't want anything to do with me in that way."

Ryo-Ohki softly patted the older girl on her arm, "Take time, let things rest?" She suggested.

Ryoko nodded at this, "Yeah I guess that would be the right thing to do." She softly patted the girl's head and let go of her, "Now you better get going and go to lunch before all of the carrots are eaten."

The little girl nodded and quickly hugged Ryoko again before turning back into her cabbit form and running back to the house, afraid that all the carrrots where indeed already gone. Ryoko smiled faintly at Ryo-Ohki before floating upwards a bit and settling herself back on the branch. She tried to calm herself, thinking that time could indeed be the answer to her problems, but the disgusted look on Ayeka's face kept haunting her. Ryoko groaned lightly, "Who am I kidding? She could never love me, I'm just a demon as she said."

At that moment she heard Washu reply in her head, <You are not a demon, when will you get that through your thick skull? You are the daughter of the greatest genius in the universe!>

Ryoko snorted mentally, <Then why is everyone so disgusted about my being and why am I always pushed away? Try answering that if you're the genius here. Besides since when do you have the right to call yourself my mom?>

<Not everyone is disgusted by you, the reaction of one person doesn't count for the whole population of this planet, you know that? You're pushed away because you tend to be a bit pushy at times and you took things too quick with kissing Ayeka. And I got the right to call you mom because you were born out of MY ovum.>

Ryoko blinked, <How did ya know `bout me kissing her? How many times do I have to tell you to STOP PRYING IN MY MIND?>

<No need to yell at me, I wasn't prying...I've got cameras in the onsen to monitor things and your sister is a bit of a blabbermouth.> Ryoko heard Washu snicker softly, <Which does come in handy at times like these.>

<No more extra carrots for you, Ryo-Ohki!> she mentally sent to Ryo-Ohki with a soft grumble, which caused a surprised `mya?' to come back at her. <Don't try to play it innocently; you know why, you chatterbox.>

A soft cough could be heard from Washu's side of the mental conversation, <Don't blame her for being concerned about you. She only wanted to help you.>

Ryoko sighed mentally to Washu, <Since when do you care anyway? Last time I checked you laughed at me.>

<Call it motherly instict? Besides, I do care about you, a lot actually, but you keep pushing me away, that never helps much when trying to act motherly you know that?>

<Yeah yeah, whatever. Can you please stop invading my personal think space? I wanna be left alone for some time.> Ryoko leaned back against the tree branch, sighing softly.

<Of course, lil' Ryoko. Just don't distance yourself from everyone at the household?> With that Washu closed the link between her and Ryoko, leaving Ryoko and her thoughts alone.

***

It had been four days since the event in the onsen and four days where Ryoko didn't show up at any of the meals at all. It wasn't something for Ryoko to skip a meal at all. Ayeka looked at Ryoko's empty seat with a worried expression on her face. She knew she had gone too far at the onsen and that she should apologize to her once again.

`It was not your fault she got hurt, she started the kiss!' her mind argued with her as she sat on the couch.

`But I returned it...and it felt good!! I should not have pulled away like and said those harsh words.' Ayeka argued back.

`She is just a low-life demon! How can a kiss from a filthy creature like that feel good?' Her mind started again.

`Ryoko is not a low-life. I may have said horrible things about her and yelled and all, but I know from the past weeks that she has changed. She is not the horrible monster that attacked Jurai. She has changed!'

`Hmpf, a demon can never change. Once a low-life, always a low-life.'

Ayeka frowned lightly, `That is not true! I was too harsh for her and I will go to her in a bit and apologize! And there is nothing that you can do about it.' She then saw something moving and blinked lightly, totally forgetting about the argument with her mind. Confused she looked at Ryo-Ohki who seemed to be carrying a basket. Ayeka turned around and watched Ryo-Ohki putting some of the leftovers from the meal they had today in the basket and walk outside with it. Curiously Ayeka followed the girl without Ryo-Ohki even noticing.

As Ryo-Ohki walked towards the cherry-blossom trees she hummed a soft song that Sasami had taught her just a lilttle while ago. When she arrived near the tree Ryoko was in she called up softly, "Ryoko?" She then climbed into the tree and handed over the basket to Ryoko, who gladly took it and gently hugged the small girl.

"Thanks Ryo-Ohki." Ryoko looked into the basket and chuckles, "Yum, rice with chicken." She dug out some of the carrot pieces and handed them over to Ryo-Ohki.

The cabbit-girl gladly took the carrot pieces and happily nibbled on them, then reverted back to her cabbit form and climbed out of the tree, hopping back to the house, not noticing Ayeka who stood just a bit away from the tree Ryoko was in.

A small smile appeared on her face as she looked up, seeing Ryoko's belt-tail hanging down from the branch, not knowing how to approach her. She kept looking upwards, thinking of a way to start apologizing to Ryoko. She then softly spoke up, "Ummm... Ryoko?"

Startled by the fact that someone was calling out her name Ryoko yelped softly and flailed about, only to fall out of the tree. She winced lightly as she hit the ground and rubbed her bottom. Ayeka quickly went over to where Ryoko had fallen, softly asking, "Are you okay? I didn't mean to startle you so, Miss Ryoko."

Ryoko looked up at Ayeka, surprised to see the princess here talking to her after what happened then frowned, "What the hell are you doing here? Haven't ya hurt and humilated me enough already? Don't ya think that me staying away from the house for such a time is a damn clear hint that I don't wanna be around anyone??" With that she stood up from where she had fallen and started to fly away, only to have Ayeka grab her foot before she could get anywhere. Sighing loudly Ryoko crossed her arms over her chest and let Ayeka reel her in.

When Ryoko was standing back on the ground in front of Ayeka, Ayeka seemed to think for a slight moment before she moved towards Ryoko and engulfed her into a gentle hug.

Shocked by this movement Ryoko blinked lightly as her mind tried to register what was going on. Slowly she returned the gently hug, still not knowing what was happening. She then heard Ayeka say softly, "I am sorry for what happened in the onsen, I did not mean to sound so harsh or to hurt you in any way. But you startled me with that kiss and at that moment I did not know how to react in any other way..." Ayeka paused for a moment, then continued, "Please accept my sincere apologies once more?" This earned a slight nod from Ryoko, who didn't know any other way to reply.

Ayeka pulled back slightly and looked at Ryoko with a faint blush adorning her cheeks. "Look Ryoko...I do not hate you or anything like that. In fact, I think...I think that I might have some sort of feelings for you too, but I do not know what kind of feelings these are or how far they go. Please give me some time to sort them out and take things slowly, okay?" She planted a tender kiss on Ryoko's cheek then turned around and walked away.

Ryoko let her fingertips trail over the spot that Ayeka kissed as she watched the princess walk back to the mansion.

***

A/N I am terribly sorry for the large delay on this. I have been having so huge troubles with my work and had so mayor writerblocks. For helping me get rid of the latter I have to thank BobR (my pre-reader) very much, since he gave me the idea of the ending of this chapter again.

With a bit of luck the next chapter shouldn't be far away (that is if my work stops being like a bitch...).