Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Partnership ❯ Chapter 11

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Tenchi Muyo.


-Telepathy-


(Thoughts)


Chapter 11


"Jas, you said you would show me how to use these," Ryoko said as they walked to their rooms.


"Okay, come into my room and I'll show you." He opened his door and they walked in. He showed her how to use them for reading, distance, and how to make the light above the lenses so she could see things that were lodged into places.


"Thank you," She stood up and went through the connecting door, closing it behind her. (I can't wait to get out of here,) she said as she took her glasses off and laid down on her bed, (Why do all of these things keep happening to me, and I'm sure Jas wonders the same thing.) She rolled over and went to sleep.


On the other side of the door, Jas sat on his bed thinking, fiddling with a small black box in his hand. (Why did I get this,) he thought, (I haven't even told her my feelings yet, oh well,) he put the ring back in his pocket, (at least she's better. I wonder why all these things have been happening to her, probably just dumb luck.) He lay down and went to sleep himself.


ooo


The next day Jas woke up and went to his balcony, only to find Ryoko on her balcony looking at the water.


"Packed yet?" he asked.


"Just about," she answered, "Have you even started yet?"


"I packed last night." Ryoko got a surprised look on her face, usually Jas did things like that at the last minute, but she guessed there was a first time for everything. She went back inside to finish packing her things; she was almost done when Jas came through the connecting doors. "Can you be any slower?"


"Shut up, and I am done, you just have no patience; I didn't say that."


"You bet you didn't, come on, I called the docking bay and said we'd be there in half an hour, so lets go." Ryoko followed him out the door and to the docking bay, which took twenty-five minutes to get there.


"Lets get out of here," Ryoko said as they took off into space.


ooo


They spent a few hours in the cockpit, then Jas put it on autopilot and they went to their rooms for a while. When Ryoko went to her room she flopped down on the bed and took off her glasses.


(Good thing I didn't turn the lights on, and it's not to bright outside.) She turned over and fell asleep, and slept for an hour until Jas woke her up by knocking on the door.


"Hey Ryoko, Kione and Mihoshi called, they want to talk to you."


"I'll be out in a second," Ryoko replied sleepily. She put her glasses on and walked out, and then she headed for the cockpit. "What?"


"Come on, take um off," Kione pleaded.


"Yeah, we want to see," said Mihoshi.


"Should I let them see Jas?"


"I guess, but just a glance."


"Okay," and she took her glasses off.


"I can't tell the difference," Kione said.


"Yeah, it's almost like it never happened," said Mihoshi.


"Yeah well, it happened," Ryoko replied, "and I need to keep these on for a month, or else they'll get irritated."


"And who gave you those glasses?" said Jas and Ryoko stuck her tongue out at him.


"We need to be getting back on patrol, enjoy the rest of your three days off," and the screen went black.


"Great, so much for my nap," Ryoko said as she sat down.


"Oh well, take a look at the planet ahead of us."


"Wow, what's it called?"


"It's actually uninhabitable, so there's no name for it, but it is free to explore, want go have a look?"


"Sure, lets see if we can find anything to take back." They flew toward the planet and landed in a shallow lake so they could take off easily when they left.


"Its covered in greenery," Jas said, "I wonder what species of animals live here?"


"I wonder what predators live here to eat them, and if some do I don't want to meet them."


"You're scared aren't you, don't worry, I'll protect you," he mocked.


"Protect me, if anything I'm going to end up protecting you."


"Oh please, let's go before we waste the day." They walked into a forest and looked around for a few minutes, and then they heard some rustling in the trees. "What's that?" Then a large black thing jumped in front of them.


-Who are you, and why are you here? -


"We're just traveling and we thought this would be a good place to spend time, we're not going to tell anyone about what we find or see," Jas said quickly.


-How can I believe you? - It asked. Ryoko took a good look at it; it looked like a panther with white blades on its back with red and green markings, and a circular pattern of blunt cones around its neck.


"You'll have to believe us," said Jas.


-I cannot,- and the thing shot a power blast from its mouth.


"Ryoko move!" Jas shoved her out of the way and ended up getting a half circle burned through his shoulder, "Ahh!" His cape caught fire and Ryoko grabbed it and yanked it off, only to get her hands burned in the process.


"Ouch! God dammit that hurts." The pain was so strong it made her nauseous and she fell down to the ground next to Jas, who had already gone unconscious. She watched as the creature came toward them, but then she herself fell unconscious to her pain, and they were both left to the creature's will.


ooo


Author's Note: Heh, interesting things I created. It's kind of a crummy cliffhanger, but, oh well. I keep hitting myself for how short these chapters are. I hope they're longer later. Review me and tell me what you think.